The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Sailor Moon Tears

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OuterHarmonie23
Pyramidal Crystal

OuterHarmonie23

Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Moon Tears Empty
PostSubject: Sailor Moon Tears   Sailor Moon Tears I_icon_minitime14th January 2015, 7:36 pm

Sailor Moon fans, are there moments of the original anime, certain pieces of music, or particular pieces of stock footage that make you tear up no matter when or how many times you see it?

Well this is the place to compare what pieces of the original anime evoke strong emotions to the point of tears (joy, sorrow, etc.).

As for me, there are two episodes where I ALWAYS cry no matter where or when I watch them.

- Episode 125, the climax of S. That moment when Sailor Saturn dives into Pharaoh 90 and Sailor Moon is shouting "Crisis Make Up" and pounding the ground because, despite all her efforts, she failed at saving Hotaru and is helpless to do so. (This gets resolved for the best, but still it's the one moment where she's shaken from her belief that she can save everyone.)

- The final episode, because of the happy reunion at the end, and because it's the end of it all, AND because Moonlight Densetsu plays one last time.

- The Outer Senshi music in S makes me tear up whenever it comes on shuffle on my iPod.

- The deaths of the Inner Senshi in the final battle of Classic. 'Nuff said

EDIT: One more. The credits song from SuperS makes me think of Chibiusa in a positive way and how she basically disappears once Nehelenia is defeated.
Back to top Go down
http://greengemini23.tumblr.com
SayakaSakura
Pyramidal Crystal

SayakaSakura

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Puella Magi|Alicorn Princess (also Demande's official fangirl <3)

Sailor Moon Tears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Tears   Sailor Moon Tears I_icon_minitime14th January 2015, 7:44 pm

-The Senshi's death in Classic

-the Handholding scene in S

-Chibiusa's death in StarS and S

-Episode 125

-Nephrite's death

-Zoisite's death

-Kakyuu's death

-Whenever a character regains their memories (more specifically Usagi and Hotaru)

-Sailor Moon has her Star Seed stolen

-Koan's reformation

There's tonnes more but i won't add them because it will make this very long

Last edited by SailorKittyElyon on 4th February 2015, 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://caramelstarstriker.tumblr.com/ http://sailorcerise.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_llIfTH6pgwTxd68vKRzPw
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

Sailor Moon Tears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Tears   Sailor Moon Tears I_icon_minitime19th January 2015, 2:10 pm

The final moment in episode 46 where Usagi says her dream is to find a cool boyfriend to protect her and that song that plays during it. 

-The scene in the R movie where Usagi is remembering Mamoru telling her about his parents and that beautiful music plays in the background.  

-In the S movie when Luna is crying in Usagi's arms is still beautiful.

-Nephrite dying in Naru's arms in Classic.

-The scene in Stars when Usagi finally breaks down in front of Star Fighter and cries about her frustration over Mamoru's fate.
Back to top Go down
mangaka-chan
Lotus Crystal

mangaka-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Helios/Chibi Usa shipper

Sailor Moon Tears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Tears   Sailor Moon Tears I_icon_minitime23rd January 2015, 10:25 pm

Nephrite's death; that whole episode was really emotional.

The finale of the Doom Tree arc when Sailor Moon refuses to let go of Mamoru's hand, and when Ali cradles En's body and was prepared to die with her.

Sapphire's death and Petz subsequently realizing he'd died when his coat fell to the ground.

Usagi beating her fist into the ground in frustration because she couldnt transform into Super Sailor Moon after Saturn awakens.

The scene in SuperS when Nehellenia pulls Helios and Chibi Moon apart from one another right after Helios calls her by name for the first time.
Back to top Go down
http://mangakachan.tumblr.com/ http://mangaka-chan.deviantart.com/
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

Sailor Moon Tears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Tears   Sailor Moon Tears I_icon_minitime23rd January 2015, 11:00 pm

THE FINALE OF THE DARK KINGDOM ARC. I BALL LIKE A BABY WHEN USAGI THINKS ABOUT HER NORMAL LIFE AND WANTING TO BE A NORMAL GIRL AGAIN.  Sailor Moon Tears 2869872805

Also when Luna gave her memories back and she screams in horror.  Sailor Moon Tears 2869872805 Sailor Moon Tears 2869872805

Last edited by Goddess Yami on 23rd January 2015, 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official NaoUranus/myuteer

Sailor Moon Tears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Tears   Sailor Moon Tears I_icon_minitime23rd January 2015, 11:15 pm

honestly it takes a lot to make me cry but Nephrites death in classic and Haruka and Michiru's deaths in Stars had my crying my eyes out.
Back to top Go down
Princess Moon
Lotus Crystal

Princess Moon

Lotus Crystal

Title : ✖ The name's Vivid

Sailor Moon Tears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Tears   Sailor Moon Tears I_icon_minitime24th January 2015, 3:32 am

OuterHarmonie23 wrote:
- Episode 125, the climax of S. That moment when Sailor Saturn dives into Pharaoh 90 and Sailor Moon is shouting "Crisis Make Up" and pounding the ground because, despite all her efforts, she failed at saving Hotaru and is helpless to do so. (This gets resolved for the best, but still it's the one moment where she's shaken from her belief that she can save everyone.)

OuterHarmonie23 wrote:
- The final episode, because of the happy reunion at the end, and because it's the end of it all, AND because Moonlight Densetsu plays one last time.

Neon Genesis wrote:

-The scene in Stars when Usagi finally breaks down in front of Star Fighter and cries about her frustration over Mamoru's fate.

mangaka-chan wrote:
The finale of the Doom Tree arc when Sailor Moon refuses to let go of Mamoru's hand, and when Ali cradles En's body and was prepared to die with her.

NaoUranus wrote:
Haruka and Michiru's deaths in Stars had my crying my eyes out.

Many moments are already said. But I also cried a lot
- when Uranus and Neptune died in S
- when Helios said goodbye to Chibiusa and left her
- when Mamoru said goodbye to Usagi in Stars at the airplane (I just can't see my Usagi cry Sailor Moon Tears 2869872805 )
- when the Inners died in Stars
- in the final of "The Promise of the Rose"

Sailor Moon - the only show I lost so many tears xD
Back to top Go down
http://ayatoy.tumblr.com/
RainbowHurricane
Pyramidal Crystal

RainbowHurricane

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Sailor of all that is RAINBOW!

Sailor Moon Tears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Tears   Sailor Moon Tears I_icon_minitime24th January 2015, 5:32 pm

Nephrites death had me crying for days!!
Back to top Go down
Diana
Inner Senshi Admin
Graphics Director

Diana

Inner Senshi Admin   Graphics Director

Title : Ally-Cat ♡ॢ₍⸍⸌̣ʷ̣̫⸍̣⸌₎. Wolf-sissy to yunbuns. ♥

Sailor Moon Tears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Tears   Sailor Moon Tears I_icon_minitime26th January 2015, 5:45 am

Neon Genesis wrote:
The final moment in episode 46 where Usagi says her dream is to find a cool boyfriend to protect her and that song that plays during it. 

-The scene in the R movie where Usagi is remembering Mamoru telling her about his parents and that beautiful music plays in the background.  

-In the S movie when Luna is crying in Usagi's arms is still beautiful.

Me too actually... like seriously... the 45 & 46 always gets me hard
Back to top Go down
OuterHarmonie23
Pyramidal Crystal

OuterHarmonie23

Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Moon Tears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Tears   Sailor Moon Tears I_icon_minitime26th January 2015, 6:36 am

I will say, the end of the Black Moon arc/season is the only one that doesn't get me at all. Classic, S, SuperS, and Stars all do though. 

I'm tearing up slightly right now thinking of the end of SuperS, where Chibiusa is thrown off a freaking cliff by Nehelenia and Usagi dives off to catch her.
Back to top Go down
Diana
Inner Senshi Admin
Graphics Director

Diana

Inner Senshi Admin   Graphics Director

Title : Ally-Cat ♡ॢ₍⸍⸌̣ʷ̣̫⸍̣⸌₎. Wolf-sissy to yunbuns. ♥

Sailor Moon Tears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Tears   Sailor Moon Tears I_icon_minitime26th January 2015, 7:11 am

OuterHarmonie23 wrote:
I'm tearing up slightly right now thinking of the end of SuperS, where Chibiusa is thrown off a freaking cliff by Nehelenia and Usagi dives off to catch her.

omfg that moment is so so emotional... i swear...

and then she transforms into princess serenity and rescues her as well... i love love love this moment, gawd.
Back to top Go down
mercuryfan
Lotus Crystal

mercuryfan

Lotus Crystal

Title : techno-geek senshi | A GC official lover of Sailor Mercury (duh) and Sailor Pluto | The GC Official Viluy

Sailor Moon Tears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Tears   Sailor Moon Tears I_icon_minitime9th February 2015, 4:53 pm

I need to preface this by saying I don't cry very easily at all.  It takes something super-emotional in the sad direction to make me tear up.

That said, there has always been one certain part of one certain episode that always comes closest to doing this for me.  And it hasn't been mentioned yet by any of the previous posters here.

Being a fan of who I am a fan of, the latter half of episode 62 always gets me close, if not actually sending some tears down my face.  I'm referring to the part where Ami almost goes to Germany.  And it doesn't matter whether I watch the Japanese audio with English subtitles or the English dub, because that song they play there in the English dub (Will You Miss Me?) is very well-done!  Really powerful!

My second-closest scene for making me cry in the 90s Sailor Moon anime would probably have to be Nephrite dying in the arms of Naru/Molly.  So sweet!  And it was really evil the way he was killed.
Back to top Go down
http://mistress9shideout.forumotion.com/
SailorBeau
Star Seed

SailorBeau

Star Seed

Sailor Moon Tears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Tears   Sailor Moon Tears I_icon_minitime14th September 2015, 8:17 am

Okay so, I don't know why it alway struck such a chord me with, but in episode 10 when we meet Rei and Sailor Mars appears, I used to ALWAYS cry when I would watch my VHS of the original english dub when Ami's light guides them back from the alternate dimension, and Ami is tearing up and they are playing Sailor Moon's English transformation music. I was seriously only 3 or 4 years old too. 

Anyone remember these? Hahahaha

Sailor Moon Tears Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFKcknr1ZRAHlx1fa8ZXxYhadAXI-6MWe6pRAzsK1i0Sunis_W
Back to top Go down
Sailor Zelda
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Zelda

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's offical Queen Serenity

Sailor Moon Tears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Tears   Sailor Moon Tears I_icon_minitime27th September 2015, 5:10 pm

I don't cry at TV shows, movies, books, etc., as a general rule (the only times I was ever close to tears was reading The Blood of Olympus and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, because it was the end. Also this one random book I found in the library called Pie) BUT ANYWAY some sad moments/genrally full of feels for me so far are Nephrite's death, and the end of Episode 34. Also I feel like the end of Classic may have me crying a little but.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwbSoNZZ_HxPDx7Z7BtXvGQ
Princess Sailor Mai
Pyramidal Crystal

Princess Sailor Mai

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Galaxy Cauldron's Official Princess Inspirit!
Location : In the middle of nowhere between part-time work and needing a full-time career

Sailor Moon Tears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Tears   Sailor Moon Tears I_icon_minitime5th December 2015, 6:12 pm

The scene where Usagi is crying for Mamoru in Stars.   I mean she hasn't heard from him in weeks and doesn't know what happened.  The raining scene made me tear up.
Back to top Go down
Silver Wings
Star Seed

Silver Wings

Star Seed

Sailor Moon Tears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Tears   Sailor Moon Tears I_icon_minitime11th April 2016, 4:02 am

The scene in Stars where Haruka and Michiru try to reach out and hold each other's hands before they die. That, and when Chibiusa leaves for good at the end of the first Stars arc.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

Sailor Moon Tears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Tears   Sailor Moon Tears I_icon_minitime11th April 2016, 1:07 pm

The stars deaths as well as the deaths in the first season always get me-though not to the point of tears so much anymore since I've seen it so much haha. The one thing that always moves me to tears, however, is in arc one of stars when and how all the senshi are trapped within nehalania's grounds, how they each got trapped, how usagi had to see chibiusa vanish-and how the senshi kept taking blast after blast as nehalania was distraught at the thought of hope for her. Needless to say, I find that filler the best and well written filler of the original 90s anime.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Jess-chan
Lotus Crystal

Jess-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Offical Team Rocket member

Sailor Moon Tears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Tears   Sailor Moon Tears I_icon_minitime1st August 2016, 8:00 am

Nephrite's death hands down for me. I always bring the tissue box close when I watch it Sailor Moon Tears 2869872805
Back to top Go down
http://angelicsakura.tumblr.com/ http://hoshisama.deviantart.com
Eternal Eternity
Lotus Crystal

Eternal Eternity

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Zoisite

Sailor Moon Tears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Tears   Sailor Moon Tears I_icon_minitime1st August 2016, 8:32 am

I am a very emotional person, finding myself cry at the smallest things in shows. But... Somehow, the only times I've cried during Sailor Moon was when Nephrite died and when Zoisite died. I didn't even like Nephrite that much when I watched it! But Zoisite has always been my fave.
Back to top Go down
Lavender
Lotus Crystal

Lavender

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC’s Official Setsuna Meioh/Sailor Pluto

Sailor Moon Tears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Tears   Sailor Moon Tears I_icon_minitime2nd August 2016, 5:37 pm

Saturn sacrificing herself to defeat Pharaoh 90 and Usagi struggling to transform to her Super Sailor Moon form was a very sad scene. Just the emotions of Usagi and the Senshi in that are so very well-done, with Usagi being very upset and when all the Senshi help her transform they all look tragically silent and very saddened and it feels like their emotions are the only sounds at that moment. Also when Usagi returns with Hotaru in her arms and defeats Pharaoh 90, even though it's supposed to be a peaceful moment, it still feels very sombre and even sad, I like it a lot how ambiguously conveyed it is. Sad ones also are the Inners' death in both Classic and Stars, Haruka and Michiru's death in S and the very emotional battle with Nehellenia in Stars.
Back to top Go down
magic713
Lotus Crystal

magic713

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lord of SM Wiki

Sailor Moon Tears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Tears   Sailor Moon Tears I_icon_minitime25th September 2016, 3:44 pm

Well, the deaths in the preultimate and last episode of the first season with the deaths of the Senshi and Tuxedo Mask. Plus Luna's despair knowing Usagi will sacrifice herself to defeat Beryl and Metalia.

I use to cry at the sad break-up scenes during R, but that has since developed into anger and frustration now.

The part where Sailor Saturn battles Pharaoh 90 and Sailor Moon is crying, desperately trying to transform into Super Sailor Moon.

Last edited by magic713 on 13th December 2016, 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://magic713m.tumblr.com/ http://magic713.deviantart.com/
Eternal Eternity
Lotus Crystal

Eternal Eternity

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Zoisite

Sailor Moon Tears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Tears   Sailor Moon Tears I_icon_minitime25th September 2016, 5:45 pm

Today I watched the episode that had the ends of the Amazon Trio. I forgot how the episode went and found myself crying. I found it strange, but I'm not surprised.
Back to top Go down
space_sword_16
Star Seed

space_sword_16

Star Seed

Sailor Moon Tears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Tears   Sailor Moon Tears I_icon_minitime11th November 2016, 8:23 pm

Oh man, I think this is one of the few anime's that have had that effect on me.

1. Nephrite's death 
2. saturn's death to beat pharoh 90.
3. Haruka and Michiru's deaths in both the S and Stars arcs.
Back to top Go down
http://ceiriknight.deviantart.com/
SaturnTomoe
Pyramidal Crystal

SaturnTomoe

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Firefly

Sailor Moon Tears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Tears   Sailor Moon Tears I_icon_minitime11th November 2016, 8:53 pm

i only cried when hotaru died beating pharoh 90

I also only cried when Haruka and Michiru died in S and Stars
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoXjkyUY8ALgc-juz0dw0jw
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
horrayforpixies
Pyramidal Crystal

horrayforpixies

Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Moon Tears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Tears   Sailor Moon Tears I_icon_minitime20th November 2016, 2:43 pm

The inners deaths in Classic.
Nephrite's death in Classic
Usagi's "death" in POTR

....there's just too much damn death here. 
WHY NAOKO... WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY  Sailor Moon Tears 2869872805
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

Sailor Moon Tears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Tears   Sailor Moon Tears I_icon_minitime20th November 2016, 3:11 pm

I actually found myself tearing up at the final battle in crystal season 3. Just the entire scene where she jumps in, becomes NQS and just revives everything was so emotional and well directed.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Usa-chan
Lotus Crystal

Usa-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : smol

Sailor Moon Tears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Tears   Sailor Moon Tears I_icon_minitime12th December 2016, 11:47 am

Cosmos-Hime wrote:
I actually found myself tearing up at the final battle in crystal season 3. Just the entire scene where she jumps in, becomes NQS and just revives everything was so emotional and well directed.
Chibiusa screaming "mama" actually broke me
Sailor Moon Tears 2kSmz
Back to top Go down
http://rabbitofthemoonlight.tumblr.com/ http://rabbitofthemoonlight.tumblr.com/
dreamsinpink
Lotus Crystal

dreamsinpink

Lotus Crystal

Sailor Moon Tears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Tears   Sailor Moon Tears I_icon_minitime12th December 2016, 4:12 pm

I cry at pretty much everything. If something remotely sad happens, I cry. If something heartwarming or touching happens, I cry.

Times that really stood out are throughout Stars as Usagi deals with Mamoru's absence (and then upon learning what happened), and the end of the first arc (in pretty much any format).
Back to top Go down
https://dreamsinpinkwrites.wordpress.com/ http://she-dreams-in-pink.tumblr.com https://www.youtube.com/user/adriennethecanadian
OuterHarmonie23
Pyramidal Crystal

OuterHarmonie23

Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Moon Tears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Tears   Sailor Moon Tears I_icon_minitime14th December 2016, 7:31 pm

dreamsinpink wrote:
I cry at pretty much everything. If something remotely sad happens, I cry. If something heartwarming or touching happens, I cry.

Times that really stood out are throughout Stars as Usagi deals with Mamoru's absence (and then upon learning what happened), and the end of the first arc (in pretty much any format).
The manga version of what happened was really twisted, IMO, setting the tone for the rest of the arc. I'm not sure if I'll cry or choke in horror when Stars get Crystalized.
Back to top Go down
Quulix
Star Seed

Quulix

Star Seed

Sailor Moon Tears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Tears   Sailor Moon Tears I_icon_minitime30th December 2016, 12:32 pm

I think the only episode that has truly made me cry is when Rei dies in Usagi's arms after getting shot by Galaxia. It was such a powerful moment between those two and truly showed how close they were that I couldn't help but cry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sailor Moon Tears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Tears   Sailor Moon Tears I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sailor Moon Tears

View previous topic View next topic Back to top