The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of da Norf.

The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread   The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th January 2015, 3:42 pm

When you listen to Moon's theme there are some guitar rifts in there too I believe, they just aren't as heavy as Mar's. Also which episode do you guys think has been the best so far? I think episode 5 (Jupiter's) has been my favorite and the most well-rounded - animation and storytelling wise.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread   The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th January 2015, 3:42 pm

Episode 5 is my favorite as well.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread   The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th January 2015, 3:47 pm

So I just rewatched Jupi, Mercury and Mars's crystal transformations and they all seem to have different music, which I find cool. I'm refusing to watch Venus's until I see it in show but does she have different music?
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread   The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th January 2015, 3:48 pm

Yeah.
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread   The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th January 2015, 3:49 pm

I think that's pretty cool that the girls have something slightly different.
Back to top Go down
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread   The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th January 2015, 3:51 pm

I agree. I personally find the transformations very dynamic and 'magical'. Venus has the best transformation out of everyone so be prepared.  The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 2132654088
Back to top Go down
Sailor Lily
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Lily

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread   The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th January 2015, 3:52 pm

Yunie wrote:
When you listen to Moon's theme there are some guitar rifts in there too I believe, they just aren't as heavy as Mar's. Also which episode do you guys think has been the best so far? I think episode 5 (Jupiter's) has been my favorite and the most well-rounded - animation and storytelling wise.
Episode 5 cause JUPITER AND AWESOMENESS HAPPENED.
Episode 7 is when my shippingness went crazy. Very Happy
Episode 8 had SAILOR VENUS. My new favourite inner senshi. AND THT TRANSFORMATION WAS JUST GOLD!
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread   The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th January 2015, 3:53 pm

Yunie wrote:
I agree. I personally find the transformations very dynamic and 'magical'. Venus has the best transformation out of everyone so be prepared.  The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 2132654088

Not the first time I've heard that. The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 1955989781
Back to top Go down
SayakaSakura
Pyramidal Crystal

SayakaSakura

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Puella Magi|Alicorn Princess (also Demande's official fangirl <3)

PostSubject: Re: The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread   The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th January 2015, 12:25 am

I love the Moon Pride theme. Just listening to it makes me feel so happy

I like the CGI transformations

And i love the background music
Back to top Go down
http://caramelstarstriker.tumblr.com/ http://sailorcerise.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_llIfTH6pgwTxd68vKRzPw
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
seiya.sky
Star Seed

seiya.sky

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread   The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th January 2015, 8:35 am

Feeling peaceful reading this thread~~ *sighing in content* Very Happy

I love Crystal in so many ways!! <3 <3

> the additional Shitennou storylines throughout series, 
> Shitennou X Senshi pairings!! *kyaa* 
> thank goodness Zoi is sexy in the manly way this time round (love him so much more), 
> all the Shitennou finally have healthy "human" colour tone this time round, previously Kunz & Neph were slightly purplish while Jed & Zoi were slightly greenish in some of the older episodes

> Mamo-chan's better fashion sense (the old green blazer is nice but his new civilian clothes is way too much cooler), 
> Mamo-chan's (Endo-san's) bad boy smirk & red glowing eyes *swoon*

> the animation and design of moon kingdom that shows more specifically how their lives were, 
> design of Usagi-chan's bedroom
> general colour tone of streets and settings look nicer

> the many faces of Usagi aka Moon, e.g. crybaby, friendly, pouting, brave face, caring, strong leader, in-love, heartbroken, etc
> caring version of Rei aka Mars
> transformations!! i love them all!! (appreciate that they make the transformation hint less on nudity)
> OST!! top in the list of my music player!!
> senshi gadgets & modern gadgets they use (I want Usagi-chan's bunny Macbook laptop!!)

... and many many more I would probably sprain my hands typing them all out~ :p
Back to top Go down
SenshiRei
Lotus Crystal

SenshiRei

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Official Rei Hino of GC ❤

PostSubject: Re: The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread   The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th January 2015, 8:40 am

I love Moon Pride. I could watch the full version over and over (and I have =p) The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 1955989781
Back to top Go down
Http://senshirei.tumblr.com http://senshirei.tumblr.com
Fire
Pyramidal Crystal

Fire

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Teo. The official GC Haruka >:)

PostSubject: Re: The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread   The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th January 2015, 9:06 am

I wonder what place Moon Pride will have in the fandom years from now. Will it be super well-known and popular or will it be that awesome little "bonus" thing that you discover only when you research the anime online and are shocked at what you've been missing all these years?

It would also be great if they made a new video for each arc. Imagine a "Black Moon" version (of Moon Pride or another song) that's all about Neo-Queen Serenity and King Endymion and Small Lady and Crystal Tokyo  The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 1955989781
Back to top Go down
http://society6.com/teohoble http://teo-hoble.tumblr.com/ http://teo-hoble.deviantart.com/
OuterHarmonie23
Pyramidal Crystal

OuterHarmonie23

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread   The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th January 2015, 12:07 pm

Whoa!! Longer threads like this are what happen while I'm at work and can't look at GC too much!

Here are my thoughts on the various topics:
- Moon Pride took some time to grow on my, but now I love it! At first it was too sugary for my tastes.
- IMO episodes 4-8 have been the strongest so far. I thought they all struck a good balance in showcasing all the characters and advancing the plot, while everything from 9 onward has mostly revolved around Usagi, Mamoru, and Luna.
- I love everyone's voices. Ami, Mamoru, Beryl, and the Shitennou sound the most like the original voice actors, while the rest I like because they give their characters a unique, dynamic voice
- <3 <3 The Music <3 <3
- I will agree with AuroraPeachy and say Crystal Mamoru is HOT! Once he stopped being a jerk to Usagi in Classic, IMO he was too perfect for the rest of the seasons (charming, strong, intelligent, supportive, faithful, insightful, etc.). Manga and Crystal Mamoru is also a much more human character with strengths, flaws, and insecurities.

My other thoughts:
- Artemis is so adorable!!!! I want to steal him from Minako and have him live with me.
- (minus crying over the Shitennou) I'm so glad we have We-Don't-Need-Men Rei Hino!
- The settings have been prettier, cleaner, and more detailed than the original. I can't wait to see what kinds of extra things will be added to the BluRay touch ups.
Back to top Go down
http://greengemini23.tumblr.com
PockyPants
Pyramidal Crystal

PockyPants

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread   The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th January 2015, 10:29 pm

WOO WOO sign me up.  I'm too tired to contribute anything of worth at the moment though. XD

BUT YEAH SPREAD THE LOVE ~  The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 1394610236
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/maskprops
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread   The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th January 2015, 6:08 pm

There's lots of things I love about Crystal and I've already lost track of how many times I've rewatched it.  I love that Crystal is staying more faithful to the manga.  I love that the Soldiers' personalities are more accurate and they're not so boy-crazy like they were in the original anime.  At the same time I do love the changes they've expanded on with Crystal like having the Soldiers' paired with the Shittenou and the expansion on Makoto's past in episode 5.  The animation has been controversial but I do like how the art has been more detailed this time around.  I mean like with Naru's mom's store, there's much more detail in Crystal about what it looks like inside whereas it was more of a generic building in the original anime.  And there's much more detail art to Juuban Junior High.  Like you see them hanging out around the baseball field and students walking in the hallway which was something you didn't see much in the original.   I also love that the fight scenes are more epic and grander without so much stock footage and the Soldiers finally feel more powerful this time around.  I also agree Mamoru is so much more loveable this time around.  I still swoon every time I see the episode where Tuxedo Mask saves Sailor Moon from falling off the Tokyo Tower and they kiss.  I also agree that the music for Crystal has been absolutely gorgeous.  Everything from the henshin music to the theme songs and the music they play during the battle scenes.  I love the peppy music they play when the girls are at school.   And Umino seems a lot funnier in Crystal to me than he did in the original although I still love 90s Umino.   And I love the episode where Tuxedo Mask leaks the info about the Silver Crystal to the mass media and he acts like a kaitou in that episode.  Oh, and I love all the scenes with Luna in them!  She's just so awesome and so much more involved in the action in Crystal and I love how she's always looking over Usagi and trying to protect her instead of being bossy all the time.
Back to top Go down
vinterthunder
Star Seed

vinterthunder

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread   The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th January 2015, 6:49 am

Love episode 5 as well. At first I thought I like it because Jupiter appears, but actually it's just awesome!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread   The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th January 2015, 1:08 pm

I keep thinking this and forgetting to mention it, but I really like it when they switch up the line color to like blue or red. It just makes everything instantly prettier for some reason.

Examples:

The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 Tumblr_nhwhfuFRxb1qickddo1_500

The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 Tumblr_nhwhewltGw1qickddo1_500

Source: sailormoonscreencaps
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
seiya.sky
Star Seed

seiya.sky

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread   The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th January 2015, 5:51 am

Sailor Mercury wrote:
I keep thinking this and forgetting to mention it, but I really like it when they switch up the line color to like blue or red. It just makes everything instantly prettier for some reason.

Yes, yes it does!!  The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 1955989781
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread   The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th January 2015, 1:24 am

Another thing I love about Crystal are the VAs.  They all do an amazing job and I'm especially impressed by Tuxedo Mask's new VAs.  There a lot of times in the show where I almost mistakenly think it's Tohru Furuya again and then I have to remind myself it's a new VA.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan

PostSubject: Re: The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread   The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th January 2015, 8:25 am

uhhh i didn't noticed this thread existed, me approves a SAFE place where i can fangirl about SMC <3
Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
SayakaSakura
Pyramidal Crystal

SayakaSakura

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread   The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th January 2015, 8:30 am

I'm back to my original opinion of Crystal, so i will probably be fangirling over Human Luna, Chibiusa, Sailor Pluto, the Black Moon Clan, Crystal Tokyo and other stuff!

Also, i forgot to mention before that the VA's are doing great jobs
Back to top Go down
http://caramelstarstriker.tumblr.com/ http://sailorcerise.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_llIfTH6pgwTxd68vKRzPw
OuterHarmonie23
Pyramidal Crystal

OuterHarmonie23

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread   The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th January 2015, 1:17 pm

Today's episode The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 2869872805

So many feelings, so much to love, so many tears!!!!!

Also, CHIBIUSA!!!!!! The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 1569843278 I've grown to love her as a character, so I'm happy to have her around!! Also, her first conversation with Usagi was reminiscent of their arguments from the original anime <3
Back to top Go down
http://greengemini23.tumblr.com
Sailor Lily
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Lily

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread   The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th January 2015, 4:06 pm

DA MUSIC IN THE EPISODE

DAT MUSIC!!!  The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 3150097195
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread   The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th January 2015, 9:44 pm

HUMAN LUNA HNNNGGGG <3
Back to top Go down
Princess Makoto
Lotus Crystal

Princess Makoto

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Lurker

PostSubject: Re: The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread   The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime21st January 2015, 8:37 pm

Human Luna, Chibiusa! Squee! Love the direction they are going. I'm so glad it is sticking close to the manga.
Back to top Go down
http://hootiemcmints.tumblr.com/
SayakaSakura
Pyramidal Crystal

SayakaSakura

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread   The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime21st January 2015, 9:21 pm

Human Luna is amazing! So is Chibiusa!
Back to top Go down
Adelaide
Lotus Crystal

Adelaide

Lotus Crystal

Title : Unashamed Sailor Moon Crystal lover // Formerly Saturn Skyy - until I found out that it was the name of a car

PostSubject: Re: The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread   The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime23rd January 2015, 9:32 am

One of my favorite things about Crystal is the pretty details. Things like the girls' jewelry, the updated tiaras, and how Venus's transformation pen is different from the rest of the group make me really happy. I also love love love the manga plotline, although I wish it had been slowed down a bit
Back to top Go down
http://dianathemoonfairy.tumblr.com
PrincessSailorLuna
Pyramidal Crystal

PrincessSailorLuna

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Sailor Stephy

PostSubject: Re: The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread   The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime23rd January 2015, 10:22 am

I love Crystal. Flaws and all. Smile

I love how the story is going, and how they put the generals and the senshi together.

I feel like it's....I don't know.... more complete.

It's a big jump from the 90's anime. And that's what I love about it.
To be honest, I feel like the 90's anime was pretty much like a cartoon, whereas Crystal is more of "an anime."
The story gets right to the point in my opinion, and we don't have tons of fillers and what not.

I'd love to see Crystal continue on until the Stars arc, and maybe we can get a official anime wedding of Usagi and Mamoru.

I'm also hoping we get to see more of the future in the second season.
The black moon arc was my most favorite. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan

PostSubject: Re: The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread   The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th April 2015, 10:46 am

I just got a reply in a facebook sailor moon group in general about my excitement of episode 19 and the scene most of usaxmamo fans where waiting for and this is a raw translation of the reply (is in spanish ^^)

"I think it was something that the '90s anime would do in a similar way, something poetic and it leaves everything to the imagination, in fact i liked it a little more than the original scene."

Then i thought about it a little more and i kind of agree with this person =), indeed it was changed from the original but, I like when things are left to the imagination, makes things more interesting ^^.
Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
Princess Luna
Lotus Crystal

Princess Luna

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Luna.

PostSubject: Re: The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread   The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime4th April 2015, 11:46 am

YAY! I didn't know this thread existed! I really love SMC! I think everyone is doing a great job creating a reboot of the original. I think it's funny and cute and really beautifully drawn. The art actually reminds me of Naoko Takeuchi's art too which is pretty great. I'm really enjoying the second story arc! 

All of the voice actors are growing on me in a good way and I also really love the new theme song. I'm glad they had someone create a new one so that the series is fresh and new. As the series has been continuing on I believe the art has gotten better. I also love the small part where we got a glimpse of Human Luna it makes me super happy!
Back to top Go down
http://meganalburger.weebly.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread   The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The "I Love Sailor Moon Crystal!" Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top