The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Fanfiction Reading Club

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Pick 3 - Pick the Next Theme for the Fanfiction Reading Club!
Crossover
Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_vote_lcap4%Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Angst
Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_vote_lcap4%Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
1st Person Point of View
Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Romance
 4% [ 1 ]
Battle/Fight Scenes
Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_vote_lcap15%Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 15% [ 4 ]
World-Building
Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_vote_lcap11%Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 3 ]
Fantasy
Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_vote_lcap11%Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 3 ]
Character Development
 4% [ 1 ]
Chemistry
Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Epic Fanfiction
 0% [ 0 ]
Plot-Building
Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_vote_lcap19%Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 5 ]
Alternate Universe
Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
Expansion of the Canon Universe
 0% [ 0 ]
Descriptive Writing
 4% [ 1 ]
Common Cliches
Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 7% [ 2 ]
Mary-Su and Gary-Su
 4% [ 1 ]
Original Characters
Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_vote_lcap6%Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 27

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction Reading Club   Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27th January 2015, 5:28 am

I'm still trying to grasp what you mean by "theme." Could you provide examples of themes? 

Would "crossovers" count as a theme?
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction Reading Club   Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27th January 2015, 5:39 am

Yeah, so a theme is just a topic we want to focus on. The last theme was Character Study, so we read two character studies. Other themes could include world/plot building, a literary genre, a common cliche, otakus, a specific character, or fight scenes. It would be awesome if the topic focused on something you really enjoy or perhaps your weakness as a writer (because this reading club is focused on improving us as writers.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction Reading Club   Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27th January 2015, 7:09 am

Oh my gosh this one definitely focuses on the common clichè of happily ever afters, but of course the story is about how happily ever afters arent as easy to achieve as fairytales make them out to be. Plot building would be another good one.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction Reading Club   Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th January 2015, 6:06 pm

Anyone else have a suggestion for February's theme? I'll put the earlier suggestions in a poll, but feel free to suggest a theme, again. (:
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction Reading Club   Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th January 2015, 6:48 pm

I'd be interested in reading and analyzing some fic that has good world building
Back to top Go down
dreamsinpink
Lotus Crystal

dreamsinpink

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction Reading Club   Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th January 2015, 7:27 pm

This is pretty specific, so I don't know if it would be easy or too difficult to find fan fiction based on this, but I would love to read some stories that have good fight scenes. I know that I always struggle writing them, so it would be nice to read some that have good fights, and to hear what other people think about it.
Back to top Go down
https://dreamsinpinkwrites.wordpress.com/ http://she-dreams-in-pink.tumblr.com https://www.youtube.com/user/adriennethecanadian
OuterHarmonie23
Pyramidal Crystal

OuterHarmonie23

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction Reading Club   Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29th January 2015, 8:00 am

dreamsinpink wrote:
This is pretty specific, so I don't know if it would be easy or too difficult to find fan fiction based on this, but I would love to read some stories that have good fight scenes. I know that I always struggle writing them, so it would be nice to read some that have good fights, and to hear what other people think about it.
Ooh! I like this idea too. It's something I struggle with as well in Writing and RPing.
Back to top Go down
http://greengemini23.tumblr.com
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction Reading Club   Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd February 2015, 5:21 am

This is the last day to get in a suggestion for a theme and an accompanying fan-fiction. (: 

Otherwise, I'll post a poll later today or tomorrow for us to vote on a theme.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction Reading Club   Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th February 2015, 5:44 am

I finally put up the poll! Pick your top 3 themes. You can also suggest one fan-fiction for each theme you pick by responding to this thread.

And, just so we all are on the same page, here is my explanation for what each theme means.
Crossover - Cross the Sailor Moon universe with another fandom.
Angst - Very sad and tragic, much tears
1st Person Point of View - Story written from the character's point of view.
Romance - Kissy kissy and cuddle cuddle, but keep your clothes on, please.

Battle/Fight Scenes - I will smite you in the name of the moon!
World-Building - Going beyond providing a background to the story. The author has developed not only how the characters interact with each other, but the history and characteristics of the world in which they live.
Fantasy - Fairies and dragons and knights, oh my
Character Development - A well-written character that makes you feel as if you know them on a personal level.
Chemistry - Interactions between characters

Epic Fanfiction - Really, really, really long fanfiction that has a continuous, not-drawn out plot. It is long because it takes a long time to tell the story, not just because the author wants the story to have a lot of chapters.
Plot-Building - The development of a plot, particularly with detail and most likely not too simple.
Alternate Universe - Remember the canon? Yeah, no, it doesn't exist here.
Expansion of the Canon Universe - The characterization and development of themes, background, and plot of the canon universe we never got to see before, but most likely happened.

Descriptive Writing - A writing style that allows you to see what the character sees, feel what the character feels, and know what they are thinking, almost as if you were really there with the character.
Common Cliches - Of course Naru is Sailor Earth and Usagi will one day leave all the sailor senshi (because they don't like her) and conveniently fall in love with Trunks from Dragonball Z.

Mary-Su and Gary-Su - Oh my god! I had no idea you were a sailor senshi. You know what? I think Mamoru is going to leave Usagi for you. (But no, really, you can write a good Mary-Su or Gary-Su without it being a common cliche)
Original Characters - This character was not in the canon universe, but the character you created from your own imagination fits well within the Sailor Moon universe.

That was fun to write.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction Reading Club   Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th February 2015, 8:46 am

I forgot to mention before, the poll will be open for a week
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction Reading Club   Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th February 2015, 7:31 pm

woohoo, I voted.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction Reading Club   Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th February 2015, 4:09 pm

The next theme will be Plot-Building!

If you have any fan-fiction suggestions for this theme, please provide them here. (: I have one suggestion so far. I'll give you a few days to think about it while I go and find my own suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction Reading Club   Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th February 2015, 5:31 pm

The second installment of the fanfiction reading club is available for your enjoyment!
The theme for this month is plot-building.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction Reading Club   Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th February 2015, 7:26 am

So, out of curiosity, do ya'll want this fanfiction reading club to be restricted to Sailor Moon fan-fiction? In my opinion, this is largely the point, but for say... When we get to the theme fight scenes, I know some great examples in Ranma 1/2 fanfiction, because it is a martial arts anime/manga series. I planned on mentioning them once we got to that theme, but having us read examples from a Sailor Moon fanfiction.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction Reading Club   Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th February 2015, 7:37 am

I prefer Sailor Moon fanfiction, but if we end up reading from other fandoms, that's okay too Smile
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

Title : Formerly Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction Reading Club   Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th February 2015, 7:48 am

I actually have a couple of examples of fighting from Sailor Moon fanfics, I just have to look through them again. ^^ Just to be safe, what rating do we have to keep the stories we suggest to?
Back to top Go down
http://scorpio-rat.tumblr.com/
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction Reading Club   Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th February 2015, 7:51 am

Let's keep it within the Code of Conduct and site rules, so PG13.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

Title : Formerly Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction Reading Club   Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th February 2015, 8:20 am

I'll keep that in mind.
Back to top Go down
http://scorpio-rat.tumblr.com/
dreamsinpink
Lotus Crystal

dreamsinpink

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction Reading Club   Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th February 2015, 2:42 pm

I also would prefer Sailor Moon fan fiction, but I'm open if the majority of the participants wants to open it up.
Back to top Go down
https://dreamsinpinkwrites.wordpress.com/ http://she-dreams-in-pink.tumblr.com https://www.youtube.com/user/adriennethecanadian
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction Reading Club   Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th February 2015, 4:51 pm

I figured that would be the response. In that case, I will always provide Sailor Moon fan-fiction that matches the appropriate theme, but if I think there is a good non-Sailor Moon fanfiction that exemplifies the theme, then I will mention it in a foot-note.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction Reading Club   Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th October 2016, 2:25 pm

Is this club still active, I'd love to join.
Back to top Go down
Addelyn
Lotus Crystal

Addelyn

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Nephrite

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction Reading Club   Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th October 2016, 10:59 am

I think it died xD
Back to top Go down
http://misswildfire.tumblr.com/

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction Reading Club   Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th October 2016, 4:52 pm

Aww that sucks.:-(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fanfiction Reading Club   Fanfiction Reading Club - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fanfiction Reading Club

View previous topic View next topic Back to top