The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[Advanced] Hypothesis

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

Title : Formerly Sailor Pluto

[Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Hypothesis   [Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th March 2015, 9:21 pm

[Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 Jupite12

Makoto watched in anticipation as Rei approached and picked up the package instead. They were finally doing something with it, at least... Even though Rei had just confirmed the package wasn't evil, she still got nervous when Ami volunteered to open it. What if Rei was wrong and there was something she couldn't detect in there? At Ami's gasp, Makoto was instantly by her side. At this angle, she could see the contents were....they couldn't be....

Their transformation tools? But...how? Somehow, all four Crystal Change Rods, along with 3 of the Outer Senshi's Lip Rods were neatly lined up inside. By the time Makoto had even thought of what to say or do, Haruka had already grabbed her own pen and transformed. After the blinding light had faded, Sailor Uranus was standing in their broken down house.

So these were real? Makoto wouldn't have believed it if their power hadn't just been demonstrated. Her eyes jumped back to her own Crystal Change Rod, and she suddenly realized how much she had missed it. She slowly put her hand in the box and pulled it out, examining it. The stick was undamaged, just like the day she had lost it. For a minute, she just closed her eyes and held it, focusing on the power that had been locked inside her for 20 years while it was gone.

She needed to transform now, or she thought she might explode from the wait. Makoto put a few feet of distance between herself and the others, not wanting to accidentally hurt anyone.

"Jupiter Crystal Power, Make Up!" After this long of a time, the transformation itself felt brand new again, and she felt overcharged with energy when it was over. Sailor Jupiter couldn't help but grin as she looked at her familiar outfit. "They really do work!"
Back to top Go down
http://scorpio-rat.tumblr.com/
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Hypothesis   [Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th March 2015, 9:43 pm

[Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 BgbjE4w

Ami put the box on the table, watched as her friends reached for their own items one by one. Haruka was the first, which didn’t surprise her. She transformed before their eyes and it was like looking at something from two decades ago. Sailor Uranus looked out of place there in their dingy little house where all hope and magic was lost. She looked brand new and powerful.

And then Mako reached in next, her Mako, and Ami could see the hope and wonder in her eyes, which made her ache.

And then Jupiter was there, her powerful, steadfast, dependable Jupiter, and Ami almost cried.

But then she looked back into the package and she realized why it didn’t look right.

One thing was missing from the box.

Usagi’s brooch.

She hugged herself as her eyes flicked to her Crystal Change Rod, gleaming under the sun. The power was calling out to her. It was begging to be unleashed after twenty years of being dormant.

But did they even still have anything to fight for?

And there was one thing that made her stomach roll. Beside her Crystal Change Rod was the Mercury computer. The object that signified all the evil and power that had crushed them and turned them into this shell of themselves.

She shivered. Could she be Mercury again without that? Could she be Sailor Mercury without science?
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Hypothesis   [Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th March 2015, 9:45 am

[Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 SailorNeptune_zpsa219aaf8

Roused from sleep, Michiru found herself disoriented and confused at the commotion going on around her. She stood, stretching her arms and following the other girls to the main room of their little home. With interest, she watched as Rei retrieved a box from outside and shook it, revealing that there were multiple objects inside of the box, and they seemed to be made of metal. Michiru's head tilted to the side, wondering what on Earth would be in a box that appeared on their doorstep. Who would do such a thing, anyway? 

The box was opened, and Michiru gasped as Haruka retrieved her lip rod from inside. In seconds, Sailor Uranus was standing in front of her in all of her glory. Michiru's jaw clenched as she stared at her soul mate, unable tor really process what was happening. Their transformation items? Why were they here, and why now? Why, after twenty years of living in destitution and solitude, did their saving grace finally come? How had their transformation wands even been taken from the scientists? As far as Michiru knew, the scientists had destroyed them. 

So...had they been recreated? But how?

Michiru took a slow step forward, peering inside of the box at her own lip rod. It seemed to shimmer with the color of the sea, calling to her, begging her to pick it up and transform. 

But she couldn't. She had moved on long ago. That item was useless to her now. Usagi was gone, their lives were useless, and these wands had no meaning to them anymore. 

Without a word, Michiru turned and left the house, sitting on the dead grass outside. She didn't need this. It was all a trick - a cruel joke played by the abominations called scientists. They were trying to mess with her head, and she would not let them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Hypothesis   [Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th March 2015, 11:21 am

"Oh!"

Sailor Uranus gave a startled shout of surprise when Michiru approached the box, then just averted her gaze and turned to leave. Still in her senshi fuku, Haruka called out to her, but her voice must have fallen on deaf ears. Michiru left the building anyway-ignoring the fuss and sitting calmly on the dead grass outside.

Sailor Uranus shoved the others aside and ran out to approach her. Sure, their relationship had strained the last couple of years, and she could admit that it was mostly her fault. Haruka's obsession with protecting the door and her nightmares of when Crystal Tokyo fell had consumed her every thought and every fiber of her being-she was fully aware of this. The two had tried to maintain a relationship, but it had become nothing more then sleeping in the same room. She knew they had grown incredibly distant, but seeing Michiru walk out like that without even giving a second glance at the lip rod awoke something in Haruka-something she had thought long since died when the city fell.

Still as Sailor Uranus, she kneeled down behind her and embraced Michiru from behind. Surly Michiru could feel the power ebbing from the rods? Haruka had also gotten a good look at the space sword. There was no doubt in her mind that this was the genuine article, and not something made up. They were good, but there was no way they could re-create a legendary talisman.

"I know what you're thinking, Michiru." Haruka whispered, her head lowered into her back. Did she even deserve to talk? After all these years of growing apart, was this embrace even warranted? Regardless of these doubts, she pushed forward.

"I know that you must think they're fake. It passed by my mind as well. But look, Michiru. Look."

With a gentle voice and slow movements, Haruka pulled out the space sword and removed it from it's sheath. She placed it in Michiru's lap, with high hopes that Michiru would examine it and not just pass it by.

"I don't know of their abilities, but I do know this. The power I felt when I transformed was real. The power that I felt when this returned to my hand was real. They are able to accomplish many atrocities, but there is no way-" Sailor Uranus shook her head defiantly."No way in hell that they can re-create the talismans that have been around since the beginning of the Silver Millennium thousands and thousands of years ago."
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Hypothesis   [Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th March 2015, 12:05 am

[Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 Jupite12

Jupiter's grin quickly faded when she saw that Ami was still standing there, just holding herself. 
 She could tell Ami was struggling with seeing the objects in the box. Well, two particular ones... This wasn't right, this should be a happy moment for them, but she was still hurting from 20 years ago. She moved closer to her again and quietly wrapped her arms around her from behind. When she was transformed, Ami somehow looked even more fragile than before.

"Ami-chan..." she said, keeping her voice low. "You don't have to fight if you don't want to, but..." Jupiter reached back into the box, picked up the Mercury Crystal Change Rod, and held it to her. 

"This is still yours. Mercury is still a part of you, right? You should have it." She kept her tone even, so it sounded more like a statement than an order. If Mako felt incomplete without her other self, wouldn't Ami? Being senshi was something they were born to do two lifetimes over, so that must mean it was an important part of them, even if they didn't choose to fight with their power. 

The computer was still in the box, forgotten.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Hypothesis   [Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th March 2015, 9:52 am

As Ami contemplated this box of gifts, Michiru came out and joined them. Ami watched her for her reaction, curious what it was going to be. But then Michiru simply stared at them, and wordlessly left the house. Uranus went after her, and she figured those two probably needed to talk alone. Michiru was always the hardest to read, but she seemed to, for the time being, share Ami’s misgivings about these transformation items.

And then she felt Mako’s arms around her. She was only surprised for a moment, before melting into the comfort of Mako’s—no, Jupiter’s—warmth. Already she felt more powerful and charged than before. Ami could almost feel the electricity that used to dance on her skin.

She felt her stomach knotting when Jupiter reached for her Crystal Change Rod. The object now dangled in front of her, and despite her doubts, Ami took it carefully. There was a jolt of something—hope?—when she touched the magical item, but it was gone almost as soon as it came. She held it lightly on her palm, feeling its familiar weight and how snugly it fit around her fingers like it’d always belonged there.

Could she summon that power, the one that had been stolen from her so long ago, once more? Did she dare?

Yes. Mercury was a part of her. Ami had tried living without that other part for twenty years and she’d suffered for it. She felt like she was living half a life. But still…

“It’s not that I don’t want to fight again,” she said quietly. She would readily, in a blink of an eye, take up the duty that had always been her destiny once more if she was given the reason to. “But without Usagi-chan…” she trailed off, the rest of the sentence remained unspoken. What is left to fight for?

“And being Mercury…,” she drew in a ragged breath and forced the words out before she lost her bravery. “…means using science. It means being one of them.

Ironically enough, if Ami did not let her heart rule over her head, she would see how faulty that logic was.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Hypothesis   [Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th March 2015, 4:49 pm

[Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 Jupite10
One of them? No, Ami would never be one of them, no matter what tools she used. The difference between her and those twisted scientists was that Ami cared about others and what they felt. They were just bullies that trampled over whoever disagreed with their views.

"Ami..." Jupiter stood in front of her now, a fierce look in her eyes. "Don't ever let those people taint who you are!" She smiled again. "You decide what Sailor Mercury stands for, not them. You can do or be whatever you want, okay?" If Ami wanted to be the senshi of Ice Cream and Snow Days instead of Water and Wisdom, she'd support her all the way, though it would take some getting used to...

"And now that we can transform again, we don't have to wait here anymore. We can go look for Usagi-chan ourselves, right?" Jupiter was so tired of sitting and waiting for signs. What if their queen needed them to save her?

[Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 Venus_10

Minako was already awake when Hotaru ran into the bedroom to warn them about the package. She usually went to bed late and woke up earlier than needed to make sure that everyone was alright. She was alert and sitting up from her spot next to Rei before Makoto even started trying to wake the other senshi.

Who could have sent them a package? Her first thought was that it was a trap from the scientists and Hypothesis. They should put it outside and burn the thing before it could activate... But that didn't make much sense after she thought it through a little more. Who else could know where they were all hiding? Did they have an ally they weren't aware of? Or could it be Serenity trying to contact them? She followed the others out into the hall to see for herself. 

Haruka was already vying to toss the package, but the rest of the senshi seemed interested enough to want to give it a chance. Rei finally went and picked it up, declaring it wasn't dangerous, and Ami opened it herself, revealing...their transformation tools.

Maybe Serenity really was behind this. Everyone was divied over what to do next. Makoto and haruka immediately transformed again, as expected, and Minako wanted to do the same. At least as Sailor Venus she felt a little more competent. Michiru and Ami were more visibly doubtful, and Minako was about to step in to see what was wrong when their respective partners went to handle it instead. Good, they needed to stay together as well as they could. Infighitng over a set of pens wouldn't get them anywhere. 

She peered into the box herself, seeing her Crystal Change Rod for the first time in two decades. That empty feeling in her core that Venus had left behind could finally be relieved... She had never realized how much she had leaned on being a senshi like a crutch, using her duty to escape other problems. And when she was forced to go without her alternate identity, she found that her mind wandered to other things, like her failures. Venus could do anything, but Minako was stuck in the past. Before she knew it, her hand was gripping the Change Rod and holding it up.

"Venus Crystal Power, Make Up!" She closed her eyes as a warm light wrapped around her, and then she was back in her familiar sailor fuku. 

"We need to decide what we're going to do next," Venus said, raising her voice to catch the rest of the room's attention. As soon as Uranus was back with Michiru and everyone else was all sorted out, they would have to discuss their options. It was time for her to try to lead again, if anyone still wanted her to lead, anyway.
Back to top Go down
OuterHarmonie23
Pyramidal Crystal

OuterHarmonie23

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Hypothesis   [Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th March 2015, 8:25 pm

[Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 3120549547

Hotaru ached to reach for her transformation rod as more of her friends began to transform. She felt the energy in the air and yearned to feel it again, but she decided to inform the others against something that could destroy them from within just as they were finally receiving their chance to break free of this endless cycle of despair. She took a deep, shaky breath.

"Everyone," Hotaru said softly but firmly to the room.

"Before we make any decisions, I need you all to make a promise to me. If I can't stop myself from unleashing my world-ending powers, I need you all to be ready to stop me. Because right now, as Hotaru, I believe this world has a chance to return to the peace and prosperity of Crystal Tokyo, but I can't promise that Saturn, or the power that she wields, does. Even now I can feel that immense power, crying out for vengeance against what was done to us and to end what the scientists of Hypothesis have turned this world into. I'm twenty years out of practice keeping myself in check, so please promise me at least some of you are ready to do what is necessary if..." 

She trailed off, looking at the ground, before looking at the faces around the room.
Back to top Go down
http://greengemini23.tumblr.com
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Hypothesis   [Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd April 2015, 8:06 pm

Of course Haruka would follow her. Did she expect anything different?

Her lover's embrace was still warm. No matter how cold Haruka may have felt on the inside, she would always feel warm to Michiru. It was comforting, in a way.

"Haruka, it's not hard to forge a sword and make an exact replica of a mirror. You're naive for thinking that we could honestly have all of our items back so easily. I know my mirror. I know my rod. And I know that those aren't real. And even if they were real...what's the point? Usagi is gone. Chibiusa is gone. They are all gone and they aren't coming back. Why can't you idiots accept that? No transformation wand will bring them back. You need to face the truth."

Hot tears formed in the corners of Michiru's eyes, and she forced herself to stop talking. She could feel the lump in her throat. 

"It's over for us," she whispered.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Hypothesis   [Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd April 2015, 9:25 pm

Haruka's heart broke as Michiru uttered those words; in a low and quiet whisper that only she could hear in their embrace. She squeezed tighter, afraid that Michiru would slip through her arms and disappear if she didn't. Her shoulders were thinner then she remembered. 

As she held her, Haruka began scolding herself. How could she be so foolish? All these years she'd been quiet, not wanting the others  to find out her feelings of the moon family being dead. She thought they were gone, and took it as fact. That's why she became so obsessed with the door. The door became her new reason for living. She wasn't going to let her folly harm what was left of the moon kingdom. 

And yet, she forgot about Michiru. The love of her life-her partner. When was the last time Haruka had held her like this? Haruka was disgusted with herself-especially now. Even while holding her and hearing her cries and deepest doubts, Haruka felt some sort of sick relief that someone else thought the moon family had perished as well. How easily Haruka forgot that she and Michiru were of like minds. 

If she hadn't been so afraid of them breaking the door down, perhaps she would have noticed sooner. With a new spark of determination, she moved away from Michiru's back and sat in front of her. She gently caressed her cheek, and wiped away tears from her eyes with her thumb. Haruka looked her right in the eyes, and with her other hand grasped Michiru's hand and clutched it tightly, both re-affermingly and reassuringly. 

"That's why we should fight. Michiru. That's why we should fight. We can't let those bastards continue to treat us worse then dogs-not after what they did. They took our kingdom and our futures away, Michiru. We now have the power to take away theirs."
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Hypothesis   [Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd April 2015, 7:02 am

Mako always knew the right things to say. The way she spoke so fiercely, the way she kept believing in her made Ami almost cry. The thought of being able to save Usagi did lift her spirits. Perhaps Usagi was waiting for their rescue. And if so… then Ami needed to fight, didn’t she?

Minako entered the room and was the next to transform. It seemed like the majority of them already wanted to fight. She couldn’t see Rei backing down from this, either.

And then Hotaru spoke. And for a moment, just a moment, a part of Ami almost wished Saturn would lower her glaive. Maybe the world as they knew it had ended long ago. Maybe they should start anew, so that a new cycle could be started. After all, this was what happened when Silver Millennium fell. When all hope was lost, Saturn brought destruction… and rebirth.

Was it time for that yet?

Ami could not make any promises. Not when a part of her wanted to let the glaive drop. Especially if Neo Queen Serenity was no longer in this world.

“I will fight,” she said finally, quietly. “To find out what’s happened to Usagi once and for all. But I won’t… I don’t think I’ll be using my computer for a while. Or the visor. I don’t think I’m ready.”

She closed her eyes, and her hands tightened around the Crystal Change Rod, holding it as if in prayer.

All her life, she had shouted her transformation phrase with triumph.

This time, it was a whisper.

“Mercury Crystal Power, Make Up.”

The rush of magic that she had not felt in twenty years jolted her—her body already forgetting how it felt. It almost felt like the first time again—the wonder, the disbelief, the amazement.

But in a way, she also felt refreshed. As if the water had purified her heart, washed away her dark thoughts and the hopelessness. Gave her new hope.

She stood in the room as Sailor Mercury again after two decades, feeling like the newly transformed Ami Mizuno from millennia ago when a talking cat gave her a blue transformation pen.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Hypothesis   [Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th April 2015, 10:38 am

[Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 Jupite10
 Jupiter nodded and took a step back as Ami clutched her Crystal Change Rod. At least Ami was willing to transform at all. The computer would always be there if she ever changed her mind.  She watched as she transformed, and a burst of cooling blue energy twirled around Ami and faded. Seeing Sailor Mercury after so long was both strange and amazing, and she couldn't control the awe that crossed her face. Mercury looked more in control like this, as if becoming a senshi again had strengthened her resolve. She really wanted to pull Mercury into a hug, but realized that it might not be the best moment. Instead, she wrapped her hand around her's and squeezed it, smiling brightly.

"I'll stay right next to you, okay?" Jupiter said to her. 

Venus hesitated before responding to Hotaru's words. She still remembered when the Outer Senshi were convinced that Saturn would destroy the world like she had done long ago to the Silver Millennium, and to a degree, they were right. But even then, Saturn was only acting for the best, and she had destroyed Pharaoh 90 with Sailor Moon. Venus trusted Saturn, and even if she tried to destroy the Earth again, she had no desire to hurt her. She doubted the other senshi did either.

"If you feel like you're losing control of yourself, we will stop you...but I won't allow anyone to kill you, understand?" she said to Hotaru. "You're a senshi just like the rest of us, and we can't turn on each other now." And if anyone else had other ideas, Venus would fight them over it. Usagi certainly wouldn't want Hotaru dead.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Hypothesis   [Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 I_icon_minitime18th April 2015, 10:37 pm

Haruka stood up gently. The others were already discussing their next move inside. Grabbing Michiru's arm, she placed a few kisses before turning and walking inside to join the discussion. 

Haruka walked in just in time to hear Hotaru's sad plea. While the others were showing their usual optimism-something that surprised her had lasted them this long-they seemed to forget that Hotaru's power as Sailor Saturn was the most unstable. The honeyed words of Sailor Venus seemed far too idealistic. They all were so out of practice-if Hotaru were to go out of control, would they be able to successfully return her back to normal?

Haruka walked over to Hotaru. It's not like it was back when she was mistress nine-where Hotaru was seen as little more then a threat. This was different. Since her rebirth, she was like a child to Haruka, a child that had been lovingly raised by her and Michiru both. Haruka continued to listen to Sailor Venus's words. Of course they weren't going to turn on each other, and of course their Queen wouldn't want Hotaru dead. Sailor Venus, however, seemed to be missing the bigger picture. 

"Don't worry, Hotaru. If there is nothing else to be done, I will make sure I will be the one to end it." She bent down and gave her a tight hug. "I pray it doesn't come to that, but if we cannot return you to the way you were before, then you can rest assured that I will do whatever it is necessary to make sure you don't bring any harm. Even if..." Haruka inhaled deeply. She knew the others wouldn't appreciate this. "Even if it means killing you."
Back to top Go down
OuterHarmonie23
Pyramidal Crystal

OuterHarmonie23

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Hypothesis   [Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th April 2015, 4:47 pm

[Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 3120549547

Venus' words were nice to hear, but Hotaru wasn't sure if that would be enough. Before she could make a reply, her adoptive father made her the promise she needed to here. She returned the embrace of Sailor Uranus, a tear running down her cheek.

"Thank you," she whispered in Uranus ear. Once the hug was broken she addressed the room again.

"I will try my best not to let it come to that." She gulped and took a deep breath.

"Saturn Crystal Power Make-Up," she stated rather than shouted, trying to appear steady.

Instantly the familiar and long-forgotten duality of her transformation passed through her body; the warm glow of power and the icy touch of destruction. She felt the smooth, cool metal of the Silence Glaive materialize in her hands, and felt a strength from within that had been missing for so long.

She opened her eyes, gauging the reaction of everyone in the room.

"Where do we begin?"
Back to top Go down
http://greengemini23.tumblr.com
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Hypothesis   [Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 I_icon_minitime24th April 2015, 4:29 pm

Michiru listened to Haruka's words, relishing in the feeling of her warm touch. She was right. The scientists had taken away Michiru's hopes, her dreams, her reason for living. At least, that's what she thought. 

But she still had Haruka. She still had Hotaru. She still had the other senshi, and now she had her wand and her mirror. Maybe they weren't the real thing, but they were still better than nothing. It was a chance. All this time, Michiru had allowed those filthy scientists to take over without protest. She let them take her down. That was her fault, her mistake. Now she had the chance to fix it. And even if it didn't work...at least she went down fighting.

Nodding her head, Michiru accepted the arm Haruka outstretched and allowed herself to be pulled up. Feeling the need to touch her one last time, Michiru wrapped her arms around Haruka's waist in a grateful hug. "Thank you," she whispered, not even sure if Haruka could hear. Feeling a little better, Michiru followed her soul mate back into their 'home', just in time to hear Hotaru's sad speech. Feeling heartbroken for her adopted daughter, Michiru followed Haruka's lead and placed a comforting hand on Hotaru's head. 

"Just remember that this time, we are all in this together. You aren't alone in this - none of us are."

Michiru's eyes drifted over to the box, where her rod and mirror were waiting. Could she really take them and transform? Did she have the power anymore? Everyone else did, but what if she didn't? 

Remembering Haruka's words and the feeling of her embrace, Michiru took a few steps forward, peering into the box. The ocean-blue rod seemed to be glowing, calling for her to take it and transform. Picking up the mirror first, Michiru turned and gazed at her reflection. Her face was pale and her hair was slightly tousled, and she looked slightly thinner than she remembered. It was startling to see herself this way, and it made her angry. She used to be beautiful and successful. It was the fault of those scientists that she was this way.

Snatching her rod, Michiru held it up and shouted:

"Neptune Crystal Power, Make-Up!"
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Hypothesis   [Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 I_icon_minitime24th April 2015, 8:42 pm

Haruka felt an increasingly warm feelings jg in the pit of her chest as she watched Hotaru and Michiru transform. She hadn't felt this way in decades-was this warm feeling happiness? Joy? Perhaps-dare she imagine it-was it hope? Feeling responsible for the two of their decisions, Haruka puffed out her chest like a proud and strong eagle, looking over the flock. 

It was then that Hotaru, now as Sailor Saturn, questioned as to what their first move should be. Haruka leaned back and thought. They had only just transformed-how strong were their abilities? Just how far out of practice had they become? Then there was the mystery of the missing senshi-the only outer senshi not standing alongside the other three. Sure, Haruka had given Setsuna up for dead long ago, but the reappearance of their transformation items seemed to have struck some extra hope in her yet. Haruka stretched and pulled her space sword from its sheath. The silver blade looked just as she remembered. With a fire in her heart; she announced her ideas formtheir next move.

"We'd be no use against the enemy if we cannot fight. I suggest we spar against eachother-see if we've still got it. We'd have to find a way to make sure our powers go undetected from the outside, however."
Haruka thrust a few punches into open air for good measure, then walked over to Michiru, now as Sailor Neptune. She grabbed a gloved hand and bowed deeply, placing gentle kisses on the top of her arm.

"My lady, do you wish to be my partner?" She asked. Oh, how she hoped michiru would say yes, it would be just like all those years ago, when michiru had first located her and informed her of their sacred mission.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Hypothesis   [Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 I_icon_minitime24th April 2015, 8:53 pm

Michiru hadn't felt this good in a long, long time.

The water cleansed her, making her feel new and revitalized. Her heart seemed to be floating along the waves that she missed so much. She had stopped hearing the sea a long time ago, but now it was back in full throttle, roaring in her ears, welcoming her back. 

Feeling powerful and strong, Sailor Neptune couldn't keep the smile from her face as Uranus asked her to be her partner. It had been so long since the two had fought together, and Neptune missed it. She missed putting her life into Uranus's hands, and holding hers in return. She missed the rush, the trust they had in each other, and the power they exhibited together. Of course she wanted to be partners. They were always partners. With a wink, Neptune said:

"Uranus, dear, I believe you have forgotten - I am your partner."
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Hypothesis   [Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 I_icon_minitime25th April 2015, 4:15 am

Mercury smiled at Jupiter’s promise. “Thank you,” she said, wishing the simple words could convey how much gratitude she felt. If Mako hadn’t been there all this time… she didn’t know if she would still be alive today.

She watched as the rest of them transform, trying not to think about the conversation regarding Saturn. She’d only just gotten her hope back. She didn’t think she could handle the thought of that coming with such a high price yet. Besides, after getting rid of Mistress Nine and being reborn, Hotaru and Saturn had melded properly together so that they were less two halves and more like one whole. She believed if the rest of them could handle it, then Hotaru could too. She was stronger than she probably gave herself credit for.

Almost all ten senshi stood in that room, and it felt eerie. It felt good, too—powerful. But some of them were still missing, and Mercury did not like that. She frowned at Haruka’s suggestion to test their powers to see if they still had what it took to be a senshi. Doubt crept into her. What if she no longer had it? What if her crisis of faith was going to affect her powers? And these transformation items… sure, they worked, but they had arrived in such a strange manner. If it had been from a friend, wouldn’t they have included a message? One that reassured them that the items were safe?

She knew the tests were necessary. She wanted more than anything to be able to touch that computer and do it herself just to make sure everyone was going to be alright. But a part of her still recoiled at the thought of touching science again. It was irrational, but one glance toward the computer told her that however illogical the feeling was, it was definitely giving her physical reactions.

No touching the computer for now, then.

She was surprised to see Michiru already seeming like her old self again, even after looking so defeated and bitter moments before. Perhaps this really was a good thing.

Mercury automatically shifted closer to Jupiter. The implication was obvious. Whatever they were going to do, she wished Jupiter to be her partner.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Hypothesis   [Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 I_icon_minitime26th April 2015, 2:26 am

Venus watched as Uranus and Neptune comforted Hotaru, and a sense of sadness and disappointment washed over her. Why was she supposed to be a leader again? She felt like she could barely lead herself anymore. She might as well let Uranus take over, at least she could make a decision without second guessing herself. What was Venus worth if she could not do her duty and help her fellow senshi? Ami had been stuck in a depressive state for a long while, but it was Jupiter that helped her, not Venus. The Outers took care of themselves, and Rei was probably in a better state of mind then she was right now. Honestly, they didn't need her. 

But she never walked out on them either. Maybe she was just in denial all these years, waiting for someone to ask for her to help with something. Instead, she spent a lot of her waking moments by herself, contemplating her past actions and the incident that had started this whole mess. Watching the other senshi interact with each other reminded her of how empty she felt on occasions, so she purposely stayed away most of the time. All of those thoughts sitting in her head were probably bad for her, but she didn't like worrying anyone, so she kept it to herself. Venus found that she missed Artemis even more during those moments. He put her worries into perspective.

"Sparring is a good idea," Venus said, looking around the room. Everyone seemed to be breaking into pairs already, so that was good. And she could use a stress relieving fight herself. "But we'll need a safe location first. Any suggestions?"
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Hypothesis   [Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th May 2015, 7:28 am

[Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 LCnqYeF

Rei had been quiet.

She watched her friends struggle with their personal decisions, already knowing all the while what she would do. To her, there was only one option. To fight, of course. Being a senshi was what she was meant to be, and she never intended to stop doing that until the day she died. She would always fight for Usagi. Losing her all these years had felt like a gaping hole in her soul, but Rei never gave up. She was persistent. She was patient. She soldiered on like a fire that burnt forevermore. As long as she was alive, her spirit would not be extinguished.

Rei was a realist, but they hadn’t seen Usagi’s corpse yet. And they were still aging slowly, which meant the Silver Crystal was still active. As long as she still had a reason to hope, she would keep hoping. The moment there wasn’t anymore, she would accept it. Not gracefully, perhaps, but accept it she would.

But for now, they were finally given another chance to save their home and their queen. She waited until everyone else transformed. Waited until they all realized they couldn’t give up. She was glad she didn’t have to talk anyone into it, because while she understood her position, she also knew the last two decades had been hard for everyone.

As they talked about strategies and testing their powers, Rei picked up her own Crystal Change Rod, feeling its power hum beneath her fingers. Something about it felt… odd, though. Like it wasn’t as powerful as it used to be. Or had she simply forgotten what it felt like after twenty years of not using it?

Nevertheless, she didn’t pick up any dark or malicious energy, so she held the rod above her head and shouted, “Mars Crystal Power, Make Up!”

The flames burnt bright, lighting up her body from the inside and every single nerve. At the same time, it felt… dulled, somewhat dimmed in a way, but she figured she probably just needed to get used to it again. She emerged from the blaze like a soldier who had just passed a trial by fire. She was born anew, and the heat she had missed danced along her skin once more.

Mars couldn’t help the small smile forming on her lips.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Hypothesis   [Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th May 2015, 7:40 am

When Venus asked for ideas for a safe place to train, Mercury went through the options. Naturally, the safe house would not be able to withstand their powers. Not to mention a bunch of explosions would attract too much attention. Just standing here right now in their senshi fuku was dangerous enough should anyone happen to pass by the window. She glanced anxiously at the door, as if expecting the scientists to come bursting through it at any moment.

Where could they go? They could attempt Sailor Teleport, perhaps. But to where? Was there still any safe place for them on this earth?

She knew the logical option immediately, and her gaze flicked to the abandoned computer in the box. She couldn’t. But she must. For everyone. For Usagi.

She had the power to give them the solution they needed, and the responsibility to do it. She’d just have to get over the irrational fear of getting involved with science once more. Science was not something that was inherently evil. Like any kind of power, it was neutral. It was what people did with it that mattered.

And yet she still trembled all the same as she picked it up from the box. Her symbol at the back of it, that used to make her proud, now seemed as if it was mocking her.

“I… I could create a protective field with the help of my visor and computer. Create a vacuum in which we all could safely exist separate from this dimension,” she said softly. She put her other hand on top of her trembling fingers, trying to hide the struggle. Her voice sounded weak and unsure, but she knew she could do it.

She had to.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Hypothesis   [Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 I_icon_minitime24th May 2015, 6:56 pm

Neptune smiled and Mercury's courage and approached her, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder. "You are a strong senshi. I think this is a great idea," she said, still not quite used to being compassionate. It had been so long since she had genuinely smiled, and it seemed like today it had happened multiple times. This was the effect getting her powers back had on her. 

This was what hearing the sea in her ears did to her.

"Take your time. We know this must be hard for you. But remember, this is the Moon's technology. The corrupted principles here have nothing to do with the good intentions you have when you use those devices."
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Hypothesis   [Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 I_icon_minitime24th May 2015, 7:42 pm

Uranus had noticed Mercury's hesitation. And why wouldn't she? It was technology that brought the crystal tokyo they all knew and loved to its knees. Uranus watched as other senshi brought up ideas-and it came as no surprise when Mercury brought up the protection field. It was their best shot to train undetected after all. Seeing her lover be the first to approach an offer words of comfort helped soothe Uranus' anxious heart; but there were still doubts. Uranus stood up straight and placed herself next to Neptune, and brought her concerns into light. 

"Are you sure you can make this so that they won't be able to sense us? How do we know that they don't already know the signature or electronic field or-whatever-it-is-that your computer gives off, and use it to trace and track us down?"
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Hypothesis   [Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 I_icon_minitime24th May 2015, 10:46 pm

Venus looked at Mercury as she suggested using her computer to create a safe area to train in. It was a plausible idea, better than drawing everyone's attention by trying to teleport somewhere, at least. Her own plan was going to be teleporting to the Moon for safety, but they would eventually run out of food and water and have to return. Mercury's made more sense in the long run.

"If the computer was giving off a signal, we would have been found by now. That device has been sitting outside our door for at least the entire night, and no one's bothered to check here," she said, countering Uranus. She mustered up a smile for Mercury, trying to be encouraging. "Just do what you can, alright? If it doesn't work, we can figure out something else."

[Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 Jupite18

When Mercury spoke up, Jupiter looked at her in surprise. She really wanted to use her computer so soon? But then she saw her partner's trembling hand, and knew she hadn't simply gotten over her fear. She could tell that offering this solution was pushing her to her limits, and it was almost uncomfortable to watch. 

Jupiter's expression hardened as Neptune tried to encourage Mercury. It wasn't quite jealousy that she was feeling, more like...protectiveness. Neptune thought she understood Mercury, but did she really? Did Neptune sit with her all those nights when Ami dreamed of the collapse of Crystal Tokyo and blamed herself and that computer for it? No...

Venus spoke up, and for a moment, Jupiter thought that she would see Mercury's struggle too, and come up with something else, but she just...went with it. It was like she didn't even notice. Jupiter's fists clenched, and she looked at the ground, trying to channel her anger at something that wasn't a person. Venus had changed over the years too, it was clear to her now.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Hypothesis   [Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 I_icon_minitime24th May 2015, 11:37 pm

Uranus took Venus' words into account. Was it really that simple? It was true, the package that contained all their precious henshin items had been sitting out there; and Uranus herself was able to sense the authenticity of them. But the computer? 

Uranus still had her doubts. While she really was eager to train with the others; she'd rather not do it in such a way that could possibly be a trap. 

"Was the computer on in the box? Last I checked, computers don't send off signals unless they're powered on."

Uranus suddenly remembered a fight from decades ago. It was when nehelania returned to earth after seemingly being defeated, and fleeing the planet. The Sailor Teleport had become compromised, and each senshi was sent off into a random part of Nehalania's labyrinth. Sailor Uranus had ended up with Sailor Mercury at that time, and she learned quite a bit about how competent she was about her skills with technology. She always had those goggles as well. It was odd for sure, but Uranus felt a small pang of nostalgia, thinking of that battle long ago. With the dusty memory still in her minds-eye, she turned to Mercury again.

"Think, Sailor Mercury. I know it's been awhile, and I know you're afraid. Is the computer powered like a normal computer, or does it run on your power?"

If it ran on Mercury's own power, it'd be harder for the enemy to track. If it worked like a normal computer, however, their fates would rest on weather or not the computer was running while it was still in the box.

Uranus waited on bated breath for the answer.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Hypothesis   [Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 I_icon_minitime26th May 2015, 4:40 am

She knew Neptune’s intentions were good, and that she was genuinely trying to help, but Mercury still felt it was easy for her to say that. She wasn’t the one whose faith had been challenged, who was now forced to use something that had betrayed her—betrayed everyone—and became the symbol of evil. Yes, Michiru had lost everything, too, but now that she had her powers back, she was already beginning to heal. Ami still had to battle with her inner demons because the evil scientists were still in power.

She looked up at Venus, who was usually so attentive despite her carefree attitude, an expert in spotting things others missed, especially in her friends—in her own team. Yet now she had missed the problem as easily as Neptune had, despite being someone who knew her better.

They began debating about the safety of this plan, and Mercury actually considered lying, saying that yes, the computer could send out a signal that could be detected by the enemy. Because she wasn’t sure she could do this. But for the reason she suggested it in the first place, she answered truthfully, “The computer’s power is linked to mine. It’s a security measure so that no one else but me is able to use it.”

She opened the top part carefully, revealing the blank screen. The buttons were all familiar, and she knew if she touched her earrings her visor would come into view like an old friend who’d just been waiting there all this time.

The idea of the familiar graphs and numbers she’d see was both disconcerting and comforting.

She slowly touched the ‘ON’ button on the computer, and as it gave her the standard greeting, she flinched. The digital letters seemed so ominous, so… threatening. They used to feel like a friend, but now she dropped the computer, feeling like she’d just come into contact with the enemy. It clattered onto the table and she immediately felt her face burning with shame.

She really needed to get control over herself.

Her shaky right hand reached her earring to bring the visor into view and her left picked up the computer. She tried to concentrate on inputting the data—the necessary dimensions for the protective field, the length and width of this house they occupied, all of it.

But her brain was finding it difficult to concentrate. Not when a part of her was horrified by all the numbers and figures. Not when she was feeling overwhelmed by how wrong this—operating her computer—felt. How every line she inputted felt like her becoming more like them.

She typed frantically, messing up her calculations, wanting it all to just be over with. Eventually the computer threw up an ‘Error’ sound, which it never did in her life. She gasped and stopped, her eyes blurred with tears.

“I… can’t,” she managed to say in a really quiet voice. “I can’t do this.”

She felt herself crumbling anew. She had always thought science was all she was good for. Now, if she could no longer do it, what was she worth?

Nothing.
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Hypothesis   [Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 I_icon_minitime26th May 2015, 1:05 pm

Jupiter watched as Mercury turned on and started using the computer, and almost immediately felt terrible for even letting her touch the thing. She was so hesitant and scared, when before she was always the most confident when she was using the small device. It just wasn't right seeing her like this. Mercury never dropped her computer, or typed something so incorrectly that it actually made a harsh beeping noise. 

At her quiet admittance of defeat, Jupiter could definitely tell that she was not emotionally ready to handle the Mercury Computer right now. After giving Venus, Neptune, and Uranus a glare, she moved closer to her, grabbing Mercury's free hand and squeezing it slightly. "It's okay, you don't have to do it, we can find something else..." she said to her in a low, calming voice. She hated seeing Mercury like this...
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Hypothesis   [Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 I_icon_minitime26th May 2015, 6:25 pm

Uranus felt the sharp pang of Jupiter's glare. Why was she looking at her as though it were her fault? She was only asking honest questions! Considering the circumstances, the questions seemed pretty reasonable; and Uranus could only assume the others were thinking the same thing. Besides, at least one thing was confirmed, Sailor Mercury's computer was bound to her power the way Sailor Venus' love-chain and Uranus' talisman was bound to her. She walked toward Jupiter; who was now squeezing Mercury's hand in a reassuring way. 

"Look" Uranus shrugged. "I was only asking what needed to be asked. It's not my fault Mercury buckled at the last second. Well-"Uranus spun on her heel and turned to Neptune. "I think we should just start with hand to hand combat, what do you think, Neptune?"
Back to top Go down
JupiterThunderCrash
Lotus Crystal

JupiterThunderCrash

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Hypothesis   [Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 I_icon_minitime26th May 2015, 7:20 pm

As soon as her mind processed what Uranus had just said about Mercury, all of Jupiter's self-restraint seemed to fail her, like a dam shattering into pieces. She knew full well that there was no point in getting angry, and that they shouldn't be fighting each other in such a dire situation because all the senshi were allies, and Serenity would want them to all get along if she were here, but at that moment, Jupiter really wanted the satisfaction of knocking her fellow guardian's teeth out.

It felt like she was back in middle school again, and someone had insulted one of her friends right in front of her. Her first instinct always seemed to be fighting back then, and even over the last thousand years of learning patience and less rough methods of compromising, she still had that short temper. And after 20 years of pent up aggression at the events that had happened, she had just about no patience left to spare. 

She was dimly aware of letting go of Mercury's hand, not wanting to accidental hurt her somehow with her own rage. And the Jupiter turned to face Uranus, who didn't seem to be paying her any attention anymore. 

"She buckled because you guys insensitively pressured her to do things she didn't want to do!" she said through gritted teeth. She stomped over to the Senshi of Wind as she spoke, hands curled into fists. She might have been crackling with static too, but she barely registered it. "I'm getting really sick of your attitude around here, thinking you're better than everyone else! You want to fight so badly? Then fight me right now!" Jupiter threw a punch at her.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Hypothesis   [Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 I_icon_minitime26th May 2015, 7:38 pm

"Whoa!"

Well, Uranus was sort of relieved. Apparently she wasn't as out of shape and as out of practice as she originally thought. An age-old instinct kicked in and she blocked the incoming blow with her forearm. Uranus couldn't help but grin. This was just like back when they were trying to find the holy grail and the talismans. Jupiter came at her in a matter similar to this. She originally planned to spar with Neptune, but Jupiter would be just fine. 

"Well, looks like we've still got some fight in us." Uranus sneered, impressed by her and Jupiters' strength. After a bit of friction, she jumped back and held both of her fists up, in preparation for another blow. 

"We all want to be able to practice our powers safely, Jupiter. Don't act like you've forgotten what they did to us, what they did to her. The sooner we perfect our powers-" Uranus extend her leg toward Jupiter's abdomen in a swift kick. 

"-the sooner we can make them pay."

Last edited by Cosmos-Hime on 26th May 2015, 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : corrected a typo="instant=instinct")
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Advanced] Hypothesis   [Advanced] Hypothesis - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Advanced] Hypothesis

View previous topic View next topic Back to top