The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

(Relaxed) What Could Have Been

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

(Relaxed) What Could Have Been - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) What Could Have Been   (Relaxed) What Could Have Been - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2nd February 2015, 8:14 pm

"And you've just been shooting down anything I come up with. You really have no idea how you got this?"

This conversation was taking place in the hallway. To be more specific, the hallway where the bathroom was. The door was shut, and every once in a while Shingo could hear his sister's sickness within. Each time she threw up, Kousagi would get teary. She always was perceptive for her age. Shingo had spent the past two hours like this; talking to his sister through a shut door and pacifying and anxious niece with funny faces and drawing pictures. 

It would be quite a scene for Mamoru to come home to, that's for sure. Paper and crayons littered the entire hallway, along with some of Shingo's own creations. It's a good thing Kousagi was his littlest and best fan, otherwise keeping her from freaking out over her mother's illness would have been far more difficult. 

"Perhaps..." Shingo mused, reaching for a crayon and giving it to a set of tiny grabbing hands. "You should go to the hospital. I mean, I'm here, Kousagi's fine with me."

He interrupted his own sentence by picking up up and, with a small sequel of glee from her, began rubbing noses.

"And she is Uncle Shingo's number 1 fan! Isn't that right? Yes she is!" He kissed her nose, having the happy noise grow louder. "Yes she is!"

Putting the giggling child down, he continued:

"I mean, I could help Mamo out with these two-" He paused, waiting for the sound of sickness to dwindle down.

"-Also, I think you might want to check your temperature again. It hasn't even been five minutes since the last time you threw up."
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) What Could Have Been   (Relaxed) What Could Have Been - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd February 2015, 5:23 am

(Relaxed) What Could Have Been - Page 2 EBUGGNL

Usagi smiled weakly at her brother. "Actually," she said, washing her hands for what seemed like the fiftieth time. "Would you mind taking her out for a bit? The poor kid needs some fresh air. Don't worry about me - I'm sure I'll be fine after I get some rest."

She tapped Kousagi on the nose and patted the little girl's head, earning a giggle in response. "I'm sure she would absolutely love it."
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) What Could Have Been   (Relaxed) What Could Have Been - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd February 2015, 12:23 pm

"Are you sure about this?" Shingo furrowed his eyebrows. "You know how weird that sounds? That means leaving you, alone, as the tidy-bowl man keeps holding you captive."

Kousagi started to tug at his leg, and looking down he was presented with a poorly drawn yet heartwarming characatiture of himself. Well, a characititure if he were nothing more then a stick figure with no additional ligaments.

"Look! She seems fine in here." He took the picture, folded it, an put it into his duffle bag. Kousagi giggled; she knew only the most important papers went in there, that must have meant her drawing was important! She immediately grasped for more crayons to start on her next masterpiece. 

"Sorry sis, I'm not leaving. She can go outside once Mamoru comes home." Shingo had said his peace and put his foot down. After all, what if something happened to her when nobody else was around? Surely she understood that much.
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) What Could Have Been   (Relaxed) What Could Have Been - Page 2 I_icon_minitime3rd February 2015, 6:31 pm

(Relaxed) What Could Have Been - Page 2 Mamoru10
Mamoru smiled as Chibiusa bounced towards him.  When she ran into his arms, Mamoru lifted Chibiusa up and planted a kiss on her cheek. He was thankful she was still young enough that his kisses didn’t embarrass her. He held his daughter close to him a moment longer before he put her down and took her hand as they walked back to the car. He couldn’t help but chuckle as she spoke about her hair and the little boy who teased her about it. She probably wouldn’t believe me if I told her he’s only teasing her because he likes her.

As they walked Mamoru listened to Chibiusa speak, “of course sweetie, we can go to the park and play. I was planning to take you to the bakery as well, and I think it is a fantastic idea to pick up some flowers for Mommy, I think she will like them.” Mamoru beamed down at his oldest daughter, she was becoming more and more like her mom, she had her mother’s sense for compassion and helpfulness.

Mamoru took extra care as he put Chibiusa in her booster seat, he couldn’t shake the young girl and her family who he had treated earlier today. Mamoru checked her seat three times before settling into his own seat and making his way down the road.

“What would you like to do first sweetheart, the afternoon is ours to spend together, but let’s try to get home early, maybe we can pick up something to cook for dinner too. Oh Mommy told me you had a test today, how did it go?” He asked as he drove down the road his mind on a hundred things at once.
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) What Could Have Been   (Relaxed) What Could Have Been - Page 2 I_icon_minitime6th February 2015, 12:28 pm

Shingo tenderly placed the small child on the couch, grabbed a throw blanket, and tucked her in, nice and snug. Small children have a lot of energy, but it's spent quickly. It's almost as if they nap as frequently as they play. Kousagi instinctively pulled the covers over her head, and Shingo chuckled to himself. She was the only other person he knew that slept like he did.

With Kousagi sleeping soundly on the couch, Shingo returned to the outside of the bathroom door. He hadn't heard anything for a while, but he knew Usagi was upset for ignoring her command to take Kousagi outside. He knocked on the door lightly with the backside of his hand.

"Yo sis? How are you hanging on?" 

Shingo grumbled to himself. How long does it take a guy to pick up his kid from school? There was a moment of silence, then the sound of more sickness. Shingo felt panic rise into his throat.

"You want me to get you a water bottle? Thermometer? What's Mamoru's cell number?" 

This was the final straw. She had been sick for hours now, and her husband-the doctor-was just dawdling about. Shingo was going to call him and give him a piece of his mind. With Usagi being too busy at the toilet, it was up to him to find the cell number. It only took a moment of searching, on a notepad with his sisters recognizable chicken-scratch, was his number right next to the landline telephone. Shingo sighed. Leave it to Usagi to keep a personal contact number out in plain sight. He picked up the phone and was about to dial to yell at him for not taking proper care of his sister, when an earlier thought re-emerged. Usagi didn't tell Mamoru she wasn't feeling well; that much was confirmed when she tried to get Shingo and Kousagi to leave the house. Typical Usagi. She didn't want anyone to worry. 

Shingo could have swarm that he heard a whine of defiance-Usagi must have heard that he was going to call Mamoru. He ignored her and pressed the appropriate keys on the dialpad and heard the tone. When the receiver picked up; Shingo didn't even wait for Mamoru to respond.

"Oy, Mamoru. It's Shingo-you know, Usagi's brother? Listen, you're idiot of a wife has been sick all day and decided to hide it from you-she even tried to get me to take Kousagi out to play and leave her alone! Can you believe that!? Well...so yeah. She's in pretty rough shape. I donno what's taking you so long, but can you kind of quit the crap and get over here? She really needs you to take a look at her."

Singo winced. He didn't mean to sound so damn harsh; It's not Mamoru's fault he had no clue. It was just pent up worry for his sister-plus irritation that she was taking her health so lightly. People are allowed to be around you to aide you when you're not your best. That's what family's for.
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) What Could Have Been   (Relaxed) What Could Have Been - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th February 2015, 7:57 pm

Mamoru was enjoying his time with his daughter that was until it was interrupted by a phone call from his brother-in-law, Shingo. Shingo was going off about how Mamoru was an idiot and he needed to quit the crap and come home and take a look at Usagi. Mamoru sucked in  a breath as he thought, cut the crap, so spending time with my daughter so my wife can rest is crap. I know she’s one to hide her feelings, but I assume she is resting, though if you are still at my house, I can assume she has gotten no rest. My plan failed, I was hoping by keeping Chibiusa out for a bit would allow her to rest….well I can bring both the girls out for a bit after going home and checking on Usako and Kousagi, he thought, holding in his thoughts as he was the adult here in this situation. 

“Actually I had picked up Chibiusa and was taking her out for ice cream; I did call Usako to let her know. I assumed she was resting when I called. I have to ask, if you are watching her, then who might be watching Kousagi, has she been fed at all today, has she been changed or have you actually done something to help Usako. I will be home as soon as I can.” He said as he hung up his phone. 

He hated acting like this and his anger was more fueled when he learned Shingo had paid more attention to Usako than Kousagi, that is why he was called, to help out and yet he couldn’t even do that. Mamoru assumed Usagi was still in the bathroom. Mamoru cringed at the thought of her being like that, he hated when she was sick, but he would take care of her as soon as he got home.

Chibiusa was just about to walk into the ice cream parlor when Mamoru spoke, he knew she was going to be unhappy, but he would find a way to make it up to her. “Sweetie, uncle Shingo just called and asked me to come home as soon as I could, he said mommy isn’t doing too good and how I need to come home and check on her. I think I may be able to take you and sissy out later, if I can convince uncle Shingo to leave so mommy can rest. So what do you say, let’s go pick up something to help mommy feel better and I promise, I will make it up to you.” He said as he kneeled down on one knee and extended his hand out with his pinky up to make it an official pinky promise.

Mamoru and Chibiusa headed to the local corner store. Mamoru picked up some flowers, some tea, some sprite and club crackers, he hoped would help with Usagi’s nausea. He let Chibiusa pick something out for herself as well as for Usagi. He quickly paid for the goods and made his way to the car. Mamoru drove home as quickly as the law would allow. He pulled into the garage. Got out of the car and unstrapped Chibiusa. The two walked into the house. Mamoru spoke softly, “can you give me a couple minutes to check on mommy, go tell uncle Shingo about your day at school, and can you be daddy’s big helper, please check on your sister, I have a feeling uncle Shingo may have forgotten to change her. 

Mamoru wasn’t trying to be mean, Shingo had cared for the girls before, but today something seemed off with Shingo, yes he had a right to be concerned about his sister, but she was a big girl, all grown up and could take care of herself, while Kousagi on the other hand was still young and needed help to do everything such as eat, she was potty training, but was still in diapers for the most part. Mamoru walked down the hall and placed a hand on Shingo’s shoulder. “Thank- you for staying with her, but if you could please give me some time with her, I will see what is going on. Also, Chibiusa has quite a story to tell you, and if it’s not too much trouble, I have some noodles in the fridge as well as some veggies, would you be able to make something for the girls while I tend to Usako?” He asked, hoping Shingo would give him some time alone with Usagi and would help him out with the girls, just until he was able to determine the state Usagi was in. Mamoru waited a moment for Shingo to respond, but lightly knocked on the bathroom door, Usako can you unlock the door, I want to come in and check on you.” He said his voice soft and warm.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) What Could Have Been   (Relaxed) What Could Have Been - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th February 2015, 8:17 pm

Usagi was getting increasingly frustrated as time went on. She felt overwhelmed, worrying about her children, her husband, her brother, and herself. As a mother, she was constantly entitled to worry, and she didn't really like others to worry about her. She was supposed to be the strong one, the foundation of the family's well-being. And now look at her, on her knees on the cold bathroom floor silently praying for the sickness to go away. It was well past morning now, and morning sickness was not supposed to last this long.

'If it is morning sickness...' Usagi thought. She felt another wave of nausea but forced herself to hold it back, covering her mouth and taking deep breaths. With shaky hands, she stood to answer the knock on her door. By the time she did, though, she saw Shingo was already gone. She could hear him talking to someone, and assuming it was her husband Usagi let out a loud whine of protest.

"Shingooooo," she cried, her voice high-pitched. "You're so dumb!" With a heavy sigh, Usagi closed the bathroom door and went back to laying on the linoleum floor. She liked the feeling of cold linoleum on her warm cheek - it was comforting, despite the reality of laying on the bathroom floor. Thinking about being in her husband's embrace, Usagi found herself drifting to sleep.

Not long after she had landed in Elysion, Usagi was roused awake by a knock on the door. Her husband's gentle voice was enough to bring her out of her sleepy haze on onto her feet. Her skin felt cold from the chill of the bathroom, and as she passed the mirror Usagi noticed her pale skin and messy hair. Oh god, Mamoru would be so disgusted by her.

With a quiet groan, Usagi opened the door and forced a smile. "Mamo-chan, you're home. How was your day?" she asked, her voice a sorry attempt at sounding cheerful.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) What Could Have Been   (Relaxed) What Could Have Been - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th February 2015, 8:35 pm

(Relaxed) What Could Have Been - Page 2 OVd9Poe

Chibiusa loved the feeling of her hand clutched tightly in her father's. She couldn't quite explain it, but he made her feel safe and loved. Just a small gesture like holding her hand made her so unconditionally happy. She beamed when her father approved of her request, and the thought of seeing her mother's face upon bringing home flowers made Chibiusa even happier. She skipped beside her father, her hair bouncing as she moved. When they got to the car, Chibiusa couldn't help but feel a little suspicious of her father's behavior as he buckled her in and checked her buckle multiple times. 

She was used to it, though. With her dad's line of work, she had learned that he got a little nervous sometimes. Her mother had tried to explain why her dad was sometimes so protective and cautious, and Chibiusa's little mind tried its best to remember and wrap around the fact that children sometimes died under her father's hand. It was a lot for a kid to take in, but the thought that her dad saved more lives than he lost every day made her feel more comfortable. But every night, she would sit by her bed with her mother and say a little prayer for each and every child that was suffering or had suffered because of accidents and other things. It made Chibiusa feel better.

"The test went great!" Chibiusa said, snapping herself back to reality. "I think I did okay, since it was just easy stuff. My teacher takes forever to grade, though, so who knows when I'll find out."

They arrived at the ice cream parlor, and Chibiusa was enjoying her time with her father when it was interrupted by a phone call. She paused in her action of walking inside to stop and listen to what her father said. Who was he talking to? When her father hung up, Chibiusa noticed the angry look in his eyes. She didn't like it when he was angry, and in an attempt to make him happy, she walked back to him and gave him a big hug. 

"Are you worried about Mommy? Don't be - she's a big girl, right?"

Chibiusa wasn't going to whine about not getting her ice cream - it would be a selfish act, like her mother had taught her. She would get to spend time with her daddy soon, just like he pinky-promised.

After picking some things up for her mother and heading home, Chibiusa was happy to check on Kousagi and talk to her uncle. Gently, the pink-haired girl pried the blanket out of her sister's fingertips. Expertly, Chibiusa felt Kousagi's diaper to see if she needed to be changed. It wasn't too bad, but she could use a clean diaper. "Uncle Shingo!" she said, blinking innocently. "Would you be super nice and change Kousagi for me?" With a giggle, Chibiusa bounced away to hug her uncle. "Oh, guess what I did today? I kicked a boy today because he made fun of my hair. He deserved it and everything, and he even cried. Boys are such babies!"
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) What Could Have Been   (Relaxed) What Could Have Been - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th February 2015, 8:56 pm

"She's literally been in there all day." Shingo mentioned. There was a pause, then he continued.

"You don't need to worry about Kousagi. She's fed, changed, she drew a whole lot of pictures and is asleep on the sofa." 

Mamoru walked passed him and opened the door. Shingo could see Usagi; her hair was frazzled and her shirt was pretty much ruined. Nevertheless, she welcomed Mamoru home, her voice groggy and cracked. What else do you expect from someone who's been throwing up all day? Her throat must be absolutely raw right now. 

Seeing that Mamoru had things under control gave Shingo immense relief. He felt the panic wash away, and even moreso upon setting his sight on his other niece, Chibiusa. She was bouncing and talking about her day the way only a child could-with vast imaginative explanations shooting out quicker then bullets, and some words mispronounced. 

"Yeah I agree."Shingo nodded. "Boys at that age do suck. Don't think he deserved to cry over it though. After all, I always thought the bun hairstyle was odd. Hey, Chibiusa, lets go over here so mommy and daddy can have some time alone, huh? And no worries; I changed Kousagi right before she went down for her nap." 

Shingo motioned to the kitchen as he went to grab a water bottle from the fridge. Not for Usagi this time, but for himself. He was so nervous his throat was parched. He drank the full thing in one gulp, earning an impressed gasp from his niece as though he accomplished some fantastic feat. Shingo grinned smugly, crunched the plastic bottle, then threw it across the room and it landed in the garbage can in a smooth and perfect shot. Chibiusa clapped, then attempted to throw something into the garbage can herself, Shingo could have sworn it was a pen. Of course, it hardly flew a foot, landing not too far from her feet. As Chibiusa attempted three more times, Shingo couldn't help but laugh. 

"Hey, the way you're throwing it, it's not going anywhere. Here." He placed his hand on Chibiusa's shoulder, and knelt down so he would be on her level. "See, you gotta angle it just right." He put his hand over hers and guided it, and eventually she let go of the fifth pen and it flew right into the garbage can. Chibiusa started to cheer at her victory.

Shingo congratulated her with a rub on her head, then he felt anxiety pang sharply in his heart. Something felt weird-it was almost like he'd done this before. Chibiusa must have noticed his hesitation, because she looked up at him past his hand. He dismissed it quickly and went to the garbage can to collect the pens as Chibiusa went to the couch to tell her sleeping sister all about her day.

How many times has this intense deja-vu happened now?

OOC
Spoiler:

Last edited by Cosmos-Hime on 5th March 2015, 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : weird typo/autocorrect)
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) What Could Have Been   (Relaxed) What Could Have Been - Page 2 I_icon_minitime8th February 2015, 9:48 pm

Mamoru smiled as Chibiusa told him about her day and couldn’t help but chuckle at her comment about the teacher taking 
forever to grade. It made him think of his own school days when it took weeks to get papers back.

Mamoru was glad Chibiusa was so understanding about not being able to get ice cream, but he was also going to make it up to her. 

Again, Mamoru couldn’t help but smile at his daughter, when she told him not to worry about Usagi it made him feel proud, she was just like her mother, he was more concerned about Usagi in realation to Shingo based on Shingo’s tone in the phone call. He told Chibiusa he just wanted to check on her to be safe.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mamoru had prepared for the worst when he was waiting for the bathroom door open.  When Usagi opened the door, Mamoru had to hold in a gasp. Yes, he had seen many people much sicker than Usagi, but Usagi was his wife and seeing her in this state, made his heart ache. He gave her a smile as she spoke. He answered her his voice soft and gentle, “today was a very busy day at work…”he paused, he hated lying to her, but he knew if he told her how his day really went it wouldn’t help her situation, so he decided to tell her the partial truth. 

“It was a quite difficult day, but luckily we were able to navigate around all the bumps in the road.” Before Usagi had a chance to respond, Mamoru stepped over and lifted Usagi gently. He held one arm under her legs while the other cradled her back, his hand resting against her head. He could tell she probably had a fever, she felt clammy and he wondered if she had eaten or drank anything all day.

His doctor senses were kicking in as he walked into their bedroom. He gently laid Usagi on the bed. “Usako can you tell me what all you have experienced today?” He hated treating her like one of his patients, but this was the best way for him to determine possible sicknesses she could have. Mamoru rummaged through their dresser drawers while she spoke about her symptoms.  He pulled out some baggy sweatpants and one of his undershirts. He figured that loose clothing would be more comfortable for her. 

Mamoru walked over to Usagi and helped her out of her other clothes which were drenched with sweat and had remnants of her being sick. Mamoru wished so much that he could take on this sickness she was feeling. He hated seeing his beloved this way. Once he had her in more comfy clothes he sat behind her, and let her rest against his back for a moment. Mamoru had grown quite used to doing girls hair, he had had to do the girls hair many times so it wasn’t a bother for him. He braided Usagi’s hair so it would be out of her face, if she were to get sick again. When he finished, Mamoru planted a soft kiss on Usagi’s shoulder before getting up and allowing her to rest against the pillows.

Mamoru walked out of the room for a moment. He saw Chibiusa and Shingo shooting things into the garbage. Mamoru had to give Shingo credit, he was quite good with the kids. Mamoru got a water bottle, some 7up and club crackers for Usagi. He turned to Shingo and asked “ could you brew some tea for Usagi while I try to figure out what bug she caught?” Mamoru asked his voice calm, “Chibiusa sweetie can you show Uncle where the tea we got is?” 

Mamoru walked back to the bedroom, stopping for a brief moment to pick up his youngest daughter and give her a kiss. He set her back down and told her to go stand by her sister while he went to help mommy.

Mamoru got a washcloth from the linen closet and got it wet with cool water. He walked back into their bedroom and closed the door. He set the water, 7up and crackers down on the bed. Mamoru had also grabbed the thermometer so he could check Usagi’s temperature, which was only slightly elevated. 

After checking her temperature, he placed the washcloth on her forehead and gently wiped her face. He still couldn’t believe how pale she was, it made him a bit nervous. He hoped it was just due to her not eating or drinking anything as he assumed. Mamoru opened the water and 7up for Usagi and offered her both, hoping she would drink something. He also pulled out a couple crackers and set them closer to the bed.

Mamoru looked at Usagi with loving eyes as he spoke, “okay Usako, tell me everything you can about being sick, and don’t worry, I am planning on letting you get some rest after, and will take the girls out for a little daddy daughter time so you can rest.” He said with a smile as he thought about how tired Usagi looked.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) What Could Have Been   (Relaxed) What Could Have Been - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th February 2015, 1:06 pm

"Tea?" Shingo looked up, surprised. She's been throwing up all day. Why would she need tea? Then again, Mamoru was a doctor; a very well known one at that. With a shrug, Shingo followed Chibiusa as she pointed out where the tea bags were kept. Luckily for him, there was only one box. At least he didn't have to wonder what kind of tea to brew her. 

As he started on the hot water, he saw Mamoru carry Usagi up the staircase. His heart fell a bit. His sister looked horrible. She never did give him a good look at her-the bathroom door staying shut was her idea, not his. Shingo gave himself a mental pat on the back for calling Mamoru-Judging by the state of things, it was the correct call. He could hear Mamoru's doctor switch getting flipped, and he was asking all sorts of things you would expect a doctor to ask. Shingo sighed a breath of relief. Usagi was in good hands now. 

"Hey, Mamoru" Shingo called up the stairs.Do you want me to bring up a extra bowl or bucket something? For-you know, the barf?"

Last edited by Cosmos-Hime on 14th February 2015, 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) What Could Have Been   (Relaxed) What Could Have Been - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th February 2015, 9:42 pm

Before Usagi had a chance to comfort her husband over his hard day at work, he had scooped her into his arms and was carrying her to bed. Too weak to really protest, Usagi leaned her head against his warm chest and listened to his heartbeat. As he laid her in bed, Usagi couldn't help but smirk at Mamoru's doctor-like behavior. She crossed her arms over her chest and watched her husband grab her some new clothes.

"It's nothing to concern yourself with. I'm sure it's just a stomach bug - it will go away soon. Don't worry," she said quietly, trying her best to smile. In truth, Usagi didn't feel extremely sick, she just didn't cope with throwing up very well. It made her shaky, clammy, and weak. It was just a feeling that Usagi truly despised and didn't like experiencing. 

Blushing, Usagi allowed Mamoru to help her change into cleaner clothes. Her pale skin, now exposed to cold air, became covered in goosebumps as Mamoru slid one of his t-shirts over her head and helped her change her pants. The blonde woman felt her heart warm as Mamoru slid behind her on the bed, taking her long hair and braiding it. Enjoying the opportunity of relaxation, Usagi leaned back against the pillows once he left and closed her eyes. He was such a sweet, caring husband. Usagi couldn't have asked for a better man to call her soul mate.

A few minutes later, Mamoru returned with an armful of things. Opening her eyes, Usagi watched as he took a wet cloth and wiped her face. The cold water mixing with her heated skin felt refreshing and relaxing, causing Usagi to close her eyes again. She noticed Mamoru had brought her some food and soda, but she didn't feel like eating just yet. Her husband spoke, and with a sigh Usagi opened her eyes. 

"It's just a bug, nothing more. Perhaps I ate something bad or caught something. I'm sure it will go away with some rest. I do think the girls would love it if you took them out for a nice evening together. I'll be fine here. Perhaps Shingo would stay with me."
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) What Could Have Been   (Relaxed) What Could Have Been - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th February 2015, 10:42 pm

Mamoru could tell Usagi needed rest. He just wanted to be sure she didn’t have the flu. When he took her temperature, he found that it was only slightly elevated. He assumed that it was possible that she could have some 24-hour bug or maybe something she ate had really not agreed with her. Mamoru wished he could do more but he knew that rest was always good for the body.

Mamoru smiled lovingly at his wife when she had said it was a bug. He lightly tapped her nose and smiled down at her. “you are probably right, but I just wanted to be sure. I will let you get some rest now, just promise me that if you wake up, you will at least drink some water. I am sure you are dehydrated, but for now just rest, it is the best medicine your body can get.” He said as he pulled the covers over Usagi and snuggled them around her, much like he did every night with his daughters.

He let Usagi drift off to sleep and figured he could take the girls, if Shingo was willing to stay behind and keep an eye on Usagi.

Mamoru quietly closed the door behind him and made his way to the living room where Shingo and the girls were. He sat on the couch as he watched his daughters play some game. He spoke low, so Shingo would hear him, but hoped the girls wouldn’t they were often like their mother when it came to worrying.

“Hey Shingo, I was thinking of taking the girls out for a bit, I promised Chibiusa ice cream and now that I am home, it wouldn’t be fair to leave Kousagi behind, plus she could use some time outside. I would only be gone for about 2 hours at the most and would probably pick up something light for dinner. Would you be able to stay with Usako until I return, I want her to rest, but if she needs anything, it would make me feel much better knowing someone was here to help her.  I also have a small surprise planned for the girls and think tonight would be a good night to tell them, they have been asking so long if we could get a pet and I think I want to talk to them about the circumstances of having a pet and maybe go look at the shelter at some possible animal friends.”

Mamoru hoped Shingo would be on board for staying with Usagi and wouldn’t give him a hard time for leaving her yet again. She had also been for the idea for him to take the girls out, so Mamoru crossed his fingers and hoped everything would go according to plan.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) What Could Have Been   (Relaxed) What Could Have Been - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th February 2015, 11:32 am

Shingo blinked. Why was he sounding so desperate? Did he really think that low of Shingo-that he would just moan and complain being left alone to take care of his sister again? With a sigh, he swung his legs up and popped up from the sofa, and patted Mamoru on the shoulder.

"No worries, dude." Shingo replied with a smile. "I know the girls need to get outta here. I remember whenever our mom got sick, Usagi and I were nervous wrecks! Having some fun will do them some good. Ease their nerves a little."
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) What Could Have Been   (Relaxed) What Could Have Been - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th February 2015, 3:18 pm

Mamoru smiled at his brother in law. “Thank-you, I appreciate you staying with her.” He said as he stood up and walked over to his girls. He sat down next to them and just watched them for a moment before speaking, “girls, what would you say to a night out with Daddy, we can go get ice cream and go to the park, and I have another surprise for you planned, what do you say?” He asked, when he got excited replies he scooped up Kousagi and walked her to her room and changed her into warmer clothes. He packed her diaper bag with some pull-ups wipeys, water and some other necessities they might need for their trip.

Kousagi was in the process of potty training but she never liked using the public restrooms, well unless she had her smaller potty chair that sat on the grown up potty as she called it.

Mamoru got a coat for Chibiusa and himself. He walked with both the girls out the door, turning to Shingo, “I’m leaving you the helm, call me if you need anything,” he said before closing the door behind him. He grabbed Kousagi’s car seat from Usagi’s car and placed it in his own. Again Mamoru took extra care to make sure the girls were fastened in nice and secure. He got in his own seat, started the car and put on some music for the girls while he drove off to the ice cream shop. 
Mamoru was very happy to have some time with just him and the girls, but he hoped Usagi was resting well while he was gone.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) What Could Have Been   (Relaxed) What Could Have Been - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th February 2015, 10:57 pm

And with that, the door shut. Shingo blew some hair out of his face and quietly creaked up the staircase. As quiet as a mouse, he opened their bedroom door and saw Usagi sleeping quietly. Mamoru really was a good doctor-how else would he have been able to subdue her into such a restful slumber? Well, Shingo thought, Mamoru is more then a doctor to her...

No! No! No! Stop it right there! Shingo felt flabbergasted at even the mere idea that his train of thought taking such an...interesting...derailment. Usagi was his beloved older sister and all, but he didn't need to know about her sex life. How did he even manage to have that pop up in his head anyways? God, he really needs to get his act together. 

Shingo looked around the room-it was better then his by far. If Usagi ever saw his living conditions, she'd do nothing but nag him about it for hours on end. The cleanliness made Shingo a little uneasy. How could someone live in such a clean room and have it not look lived in? Shingo had found over the years that a little clutter made him feel more at piece. Last he checked, Usagi was the same way. Did she really change that much, all for the sake of the man she loved? Or was it the fact that she was a mother and had two extra lives to look after? I guess it's a part of growing up and having a family, Shingo mused. 

It was then, at this moment, that he noticed something was missing in that oh-so-clean and perfect room of theirs. There were water bottles, 7up, a small bowl with a wet washcloth, some towels and a cup of now room temperature tea. Stupid Mamoru, he forgot the puke bowl! And last Shingo checked-this bedroom did not have a bathroom connected to it. 

"Jeez, man. You really want barf all over these sheets?" Shingo mumbled. These bedsheets looked like they cost more then an average suit and tie! That's a doctor's salary, for ya. Shingo went downstairs as quiet as he came, and returned just as quiet and placed a big metal bowl quietly on the nightstand-at least the parts of it that weren't covered with other things. 

Shingo gazed upon the face of his sleeping sister. Her complexion was the complete opposite of what it was hours ago. Looking at her now, you never would have guessed she had fallen ill. 

The thought of his sister throwing up, clutched over the toilet like some dilapidated rag-doll caused his heart to pound rapidly. Shingo cursed silently-he thought he was over this! He quickly removed himself from the room and practically slid down the stairs. His first instinct was to go to his bag. Shingo's hands trembled and sweated-making it nearly impossible for him to remove the clasp. After what seemed like an eternity, he finally forced it open. He removed a pack of cigarettes from the smallest, innermost pocket. Did either of them smoke? Oh, who was he kidding, of course they didn't smoke! Usagi never did anything like that, and Mamoru's a doctor! They even have kids! They probably wouldn't even let a single ciggerate within inches of this house! 

His knees were knocking now. This was particularly bad. Was it because he was watching over her for so long? That shouldn't have caused anything! Shingo ran for the front door and almost knocked over the coat rack-thrusting his hands in both pockets, grasping for his lighter. A wave of unspeakable relief washed over him once he felt the familiar plastic and cylindrical shape. He popped it out and hardly had the door shut once he already starting flicking it to light. 

Shingo stood outside then, inhaling and exhaling and watching the smoke rise shapelessly into the air. He would only be out here for a few moments, once his nerves settled. He causally wondered if his sister was aware that he had started smoking. Either way, Shingo thought as he exhaled again and watching the smoke drift away in a ghostly ribbon, today is not the day for her to find out.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) What Could Have Been   (Relaxed) What Could Have Been - Page 2 I_icon_minitime18th February 2015, 6:48 pm

Despite fighting the urge not to, Usagi had fallen asleep. Mamoru was gone, the girls were gone, and the house was quiet. Why wouldn't she jump at the opportunity for rest?

Because she had to do something important, first.

But Usagi was still Usagi, and sleep always overpowered the need to do anything else. She slept soundly, a development that strongly contrasted from the way she slept as a teenager. Since getting married, Usagi had trained herself not to be so obnoxious and weird when she slept. Although, she still moved all over the place. Sometimes she would wake up with her head on Mamoru's chest, and sometimes she would wake up with half of her body on the floor and the other half draped over the bed. Some things never change.

~

Usagi's dream was a startling one. She sat in the passenger seat of a car, while a shady figure sat in the driver's seat. She could feel how fast they were going - definitely not at a safe pace. The vehicle was swerving around other cars, and the driver was patting his fingers against his leg nervously. "Are you alright?" he asked. Usagi stared at him, speechless. Who was driving her, and why was he driving so fast? 

Looking down, Usagi saw that her stomach was huge. Did she eat a lot for dessert or something? No, the shape was too round, too perfect. With a gasp, Usagi's eyes widened. She was pregnant

Looking back up, she found her eyes blinded by a pair of headlights from another car. There was a shout, a scream, a devastating crunch, and all was white.

~

Usagi shot up in bed, panting and sweating from the dream she had had. Looking down, she found her stomach to be just as flat as it was when she had fallen asleep. Her fists were clenched tightly around her covers, just so she could be sure she wasn't dreaming anymore.

Glancing over, Usagi noticed a large bowl had been placed on her bedside table. Her brows furrowed. If she remembered correctly, Mamoru hadn't brought up a bowl before he left, so who did...?

Shingo.

Of course. Why would she ever let herself think that Mamoru would simply leave her alone when she wasn't feeling well? It was no surprise that he would get someone to stay with her, but Shingo? He could have drawn on her face, put her hand in a bowl of warm water, and who knew what else! The thought of having black sharpie all over her face caused Usagi to rush out of bed and into her bathroom to check her reflection. 

Thankfully, her skin was still creamy and clear. Slightly pale, but no where near as bad as before. Some rest had definitely done her good. 

Usagi adjusted her hair buns before leaving her bathroom and heading downstairs to look for Shingo. The lower level was quiet. Had her brother left? The thought caused a pang of sadness in Usagi's chest. And here she was, thinking her brother may have actually stayed to watch over her. 

"Shingo?" she called, her voice echoing throughout the empty house. "Shingo!"
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) What Could Have Been   (Relaxed) What Could Have Been - Page 2 I_icon_minitime18th February 2015, 8:59 pm

The cry of his sister made him fumble with his cigarette. He caught it by the tip, then flinched as it burnt him. It fell to the ground, and he immediately snuffed it out with the heel of his shoe. With quick flick of his ankle, he kicked the butt into the garden-hopefully nobody would notice it there. He'd have to find another opportunity to get rid of it later.

"Coming! Coming!" He hollered into the house-hoping his voice hid the pain. He looked at his fingertips: his pointer finger and thumb were growing redder by the second. He stuffed his lighter back into his pockets and made sure the case of cigarettes was hidden under a bunch of tissues he kept in the opposite pocket. Shingo hopped inside and shut the door-with his injured hand. He cried out and ended up slamming the door so hard it made the knick-knacks rattle. 

"Sorry! Sorry! No need to worry about what that was, Usagi, I just tripped over the stair!" He ran into the kitchen quick as a flash and turned the water on and ran his fingers under it. It hurt to have the water run across his fingertips-this was at least a second degree burn. He may be no doctor, but Shingo knew how bad he screwed this one up.

His sister called for him again. Shingo gave an aggravated sigh, cursing his luck. There was no way he could keep his fingers in the sink. His sick sister needed him! Instead, he wet a paper towel and wrapped them around the injuries. He would just keep his hand in his pocket when he would go to talk to her. As he grew up, Shingo had developed a habit of keeping his dominant hand in his pockets. Usagi wouldn't notice a thing. With that in mind, he ran up the stairs to her bedroom.

"I'm here! I'm here!" He said hurriedly. "I didn't mean to frighten you. Geez, Usagi you really have the worst timing. You woke up the minute I stepped outside for some fresh air."

He noticed the worried look on Usagi's face. Shingo smirked.

"What? You thought I left? Nah, just a case of bad timing is all." Shingo pulled up a chair-with his hand still in his pocket-and sat down at her bedside.

"How ya feeling, sleeping beauty?"
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) What Could Have Been   (Relaxed) What Could Have Been - Page 2 I_icon_minitime23rd February 2015, 7:16 pm

(Relaxed) What Could Have Been - Page 2 OVd9Poe

If there was one thing Chibiusa loved more than sleeping, it was ice cream.

When they arrived at the ice cream parlor, Chibiusa was already inside before her father had even gotten Kousagi out of the car. She was definitely a regular at the popular little shop, and the woman behind the counter smiled at her. "Welcome back, Chibiusa. What can I get you today?" she asked. Chibiusa grinned and looked through the glass at the different flavors of ice cream. One of her favorite things about this parlor was that they switched out their flavors every day. There was always a surprise. But Chibiusa always went with the same flavor.

"Double chocolate chip with hot fudge and a cherry on top, please!" she said, rising on her toes to try and see above the counter. She looked back to see if her father had walked in, hoping that he wouldn't scold her for ordering so much chocolate. She couldn't help it - it was in her blood, after all.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) What Could Have Been   (Relaxed) What Could Have Been - Page 2 I_icon_minitime23rd February 2015, 7:19 pm

Usagi's eyebrows knit together when her brother entered the room. He looked frazzled, as if he had been in his own little world and been yanked out of it all of a sudden. But Usagi decided to ignore it for now - her brother was just a weirdo.

"Well, I'm glad you didn't leave. I'm feeling fine, but...I have a...favor to ask of you," Usagi said, glancing behind towards the door to make sure Mamoru really was gone. "I need you to run to the store and get me something...important. But you have to promise me you will not say a word to anyone. Okay?" Usagi held out her pinky, motioning for Shingo to pinky-promise her. This was far too important for him to go and tell Mamoru or someone else.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) What Could Have Been   (Relaxed) What Could Have Been - Page 2 I_icon_minitime23rd February 2015, 7:58 pm

Shingo sighed a breath or relief-internally anyways. Usagi was as clueless and as dense as ever. He was very grateful that she didn't seem to notice or care about his current state of being. He was sure he wasn't keeping his cool very well-but she seemed to be to fever-ridden to notice anything. 

"Grab you what? Some ginger-ale?" That would be easy enough. It would also give Shingo enough time to light up another cigarette to knock the rest of the anxiety out of the park. 

Then Usagi put up her pinky. Uh-Oh. This is something they haven't done since they were little. The last time Shingo could remember his older sister forcing him to make a pinky-swear was when he had to be like, 5 or 6. 

Being extra careful not to use his injured dominant hand, he locked his left pinky with hers.

"Okay, Okay, Pinky swear. Jeez Usagi, are we both kids again or what? What's going on?"
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) What Could Have Been   (Relaxed) What Could Have Been - Page 2 I_icon_minitime23rd February 2015, 8:56 pm

Mamoru had parked the car and Chibiusa was out of her seat and walking or rather running towards the ice cream shop. It made Mamoru a bit nervous, but he could see her little pink odangos, so he knew she was okay. If something happened to her, he would not be able to forgive himself.

Mamoru took Kousagi out of her car seat and helped her get out of the car. He locked the car and lifted Kousagi up onto his shoulders, something the little girl had loved, it gave her a whole new view of the world. Right before he entered the ice cream shop he gently lifed her off his shoulders and placed her on his hip as he opened the door. He placed her down when he entered the ice cream parlor. He had caught the end of Chibiusa’s order, the child definitely took after her mother when it came to sweets. He nodded at the shopkeeper that it was okay to make her order.

“Just be sure to brush your teeth tonight little lady” he said as he walked up to the counter, lifting Kousagi so she could see the ice cream.

“I will take two scoops of Chocolate Chip Ice cream, no toppings please.” Mamoru asked before asking Kousagi, “what Ice cream would you like sweetie, you can pick what ever you want tonight.” Mamoru said with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) What Could Have Been   (Relaxed) What Could Have Been - Page 2 I_icon_minitime23rd February 2015, 11:28 pm

Kousagi puffed out her cheeks. She began rapidly tapping on the glass, open palmed, unable to express her current frustrations. Why couldn't she have all the flavors? Why was daddy making her pick just one?

"I-I want" She started, then paused. The flavors were shifting. As employees took almost-empty cartains out and replaced them with entirely different flavors, Kousagi began to stamp her feet. Where was the ice cream going? She didn't get to pick her flavor yet! 

Then, the green colored one with the brown bits was in the mans hands. She didn't know where he would take it, but that meant she wouldn't be able to have it. Unable to comprehend, her eyes grew big with tears. She wanted that one, but it was going away! 

And Kousagi began to cry and rub at her eyes. 

OOC:
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) What Could Have Been   (Relaxed) What Could Have Been - Page 2 I_icon_minitime24th February 2015, 7:22 pm

Mamoru watched Kousagi with a smile, she was super excited about the ice cream and was trying to decide which ice cream to decide when he noticed they were taking one of the ice cream tubs, the mint chip ice cream out. He saw that Kousagi had tears in her eyes, upset about the ice cream being taken away.

He knelt down next to her and wrapped an arm around her, "It's okay sweetie, they just have to bring out a fresh tub, that one was all empty, so they are going to get more. Is that the ice cream you want, youmay pick one more flavor, but I don't want to get you girls to hyped up on sugar, we have one more stop after this, but then its home for baths and bed." Mamoru said with a smile, thinking about the surprise he had planned after they ate their ice cream.

Once the ice cream shop worker brought back the new tub of mint chip and placed in its rightful spot, Mamoru lightly kissed his daughter's cheek. "See sweetie, I told you they would be back with more. So is this the ice cream you want?" Mamoru asked as he walked over to pay for the three ice cream bowls.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) What Could Have Been   (Relaxed) What Could Have Been - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th March 2015, 3:54 am

Usagi looked down in embarrassment, twisting her blanket in her hands. "I...um...Is need you to get me a...uh..."

The blonde mother was at a loss for words. How were you supposed to ask your brother these things without making him uncomfortable?

"A pregnancy test. I need you to get me a pregnancy test," she blurted. Hesitantly, Usagi looked up at Shingo, gauging his reaction. Ever since he had become an adult, Usagi found it harder to anticipate her brother's thoughts and actions. He had changed in ways that Usagi wasn't quite sure of yet.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) What Could Have Been   (Relaxed) What Could Have Been - Page 2 I_icon_minitime5th March 2015, 12:26 pm

Shingo blinked. Did he hear her right? He repeated her request, just to make sure. 

"You want...a...Pregnancy test?" 

Shingo leaned back in the chair and exhaled slowly. Well, it would make sense. The sudden bout of sickness and throwing up every five minutes without warning. But what didn't make sense was that Mamoru, a doctor and more importantly her husband, was just here. Why didn't she ask him?

"You think you might be pregnant, huh?" Shingo sighed. "Man, how many more kids do you want?"

Shingo stood up and stretched his back, his right hand not leaving his pocket. 

"Sure, I'll get it. But only if you can answer me this." Shingo poked her nose in a taunting yet gentle and playful gesture. "Why tell me all this and not your loving husband?"
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) What Could Have Been   (Relaxed) What Could Have Been - Page 2 I_icon_minitime15th March 2015, 12:28 pm

Kousagi stuck out her lower lip and pouted. Why was daddy asking her this? The green one with the minty bits was the one she wanted! Why else would she have cried? She jumped up and down while clinging to his pant leg, nearly making her father trip. 

"Yeah, Yeah! She squealed. A couple of patrons started to chuckle. Kousagi turned to them, to see these adults and bigger kids smiling and waving to her-most with silly expressions on their faces. Strange eyes on her, Kousagi stopped her shouting and bouncing and protected herself from these scary people by hiding behind her father's legs.

Why were these people watching her? Did they want her ice cream? She stamped her little foot in defiance. That must be it! They wanted her ice cream! They must have been working with the meanie who was trying to get rid of it! With a burst of teeny courage, she crawled out from behind Mamoru's legs, stood with her legs apart and her hands on her hips. A few people cooed and awww'd at this motion. She knew they wouldn't take this seriously! Kousagi had to make sure they knew that this ice cream was hers and only hers! 

Just as Mamoru handed the ice cream to her, she cradled it in the crux of her arm as if it were the worlds most precious treasure. With her other hand, she trusted her index finger at the strange people, then at her ice cream, while bellowing a cry that she assumed would have woken a lion. (Lions can sleep through anything, Kousagi figured. She saw one at the zoo once.)

"MIIIINE!" She screamed. The entire restaurant fell silent, then erupted with a burst of laughter and talks of how cute she was. With a smile and grump of satisfaction, she stuck her spoon into the bowl. She sure got them in their place! This was her minty ice cream! Victory never tasted so cold and refreshing.

However, this was a fairly sized bowl cradled in her little arm. Her coordination wasn't up to par, the bowl was bigger then the length of her arm coiled around it. When she went to dip her spoon in for a second taste, it slipped. 

"ICE CREAM!" Kousagi screamed, leaping the leap of fate to try to catch it, but it was all for naught. The bowl had landed face down on the tile, and she even slipped on the fallen treasure and fell, getting the sad remains of a childhood snack all over herself. 

The restaurant fell silent with a gasp. Kousagi's eyes began to water, and she looked at her father just as the dam broke and she started to cry with all the energy and frustration a three year old would.
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) What Could Have Been   (Relaxed) What Could Have Been - Page 2 I_icon_minitime15th March 2015, 6:03 pm

Mamoru had just sat about to sit down with his girls, his youngest daughter just behind him, when she dropped her ice cream. She had tried to catch it but was not successful and now had ice cream all over her clothes and a little on her face. As the child began to cry, Mamoru kept his calm. He hoped people were not staring at him, he was going to handle the situation. He first walked over to his daughter and picked her up making sure she was okay. He pulled out his handkerchief and wiped off what he could. He picked up the bowl of ice cream and walked it over to the trash as quickly as he could. He got some napkins and placed it over the ice cream that had landed on the floor. 

He gently picked up his dauhgther who was screaming, the tears running down her cheek. He gently rubbed her back in a circular motion to try and calm her cries. He kept his voice low and gentle. "It's okay sweetie, it happens sometimes, I can get you another one, but we have to let all these nice people go in front of us okay. This time daddy can carry it for you to the table and if you want I can get it in a smaller bowl with a smaller spoon so its just your size, how does that sound sweetheart?" He asked hoping the child would be okay, sometimes especially when it came to sweets, she was not the most patient, she got that from her mother. 

There was about two people in front of him and to pass the time Mamoru decided to ask Kousagi what she thought about getting a dog, he wouldn't tell her they were getting a dog, but he was just curious to see what she thought.

Mamoru quickly glanced over to Chibiusa to make sure she was okay. He hated to leave her alone, but he would be back sitting with her very soon.

Mamoru stood in line still holding on to his daughter, as he asked, "hey Kousagi, how would you feel about getting a dog, I know you like to play with the animals in the neighborhood, and I was talking with mommy and she thinks it would be a good idea to get a dog." He said as he stroked his daughters hair and planted a kiss on her head. 

Mamoru was now at the counter and ordered a smaller bowl of mint chip ice cream with a spoon that was just right for Kousagi. He thanked the shop owner and walked back to the table where Chibiusa sat. He set the ice cream down next to his and sat Kousagi on his lap so she could eat her ice cream.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) What Could Have Been   (Relaxed) What Could Have Been - Page 2 I_icon_minitime15th March 2015, 9:41 pm

Kousagi's eyes widened. Her mouth was agape, even though it was full of ice cream, and it dribbled out of her mouth entirely. She glanced at her older sister, then back at her dad, then back at her older sister. 

"A puppy?" It came out as a meek question. Eventually, it became less of a question more of a statement. 

Well, not a statement entirely. More like a fit of childish joy. Loud, screaming childish joy.

"A PUPPY A PUPPY A PUPPY!" Kousagi couldn't sit still, bouncing up and down in her little seat, making more dribbles of ice cream drip down her once clean clothing with each movement. She reached across the table and grabbed Chibiusa's sleeve, trembling with excitement.

"CH-BI-USA! A PUPPY!" She shook her sisters arm. Who cared about ice cream anymore anyways? THEY WERE GETTING A PUPPY! 

This had to be the bestest day ever in Kousagi's book.
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) What Could Have Been   (Relaxed) What Could Have Been - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th March 2015, 11:56 pm

Usagi felt her cheeks heat up at Shingo's teasing words. "Just shut up and get me the test, sheesh, Shingo!" she said, feeling embarrassed. When her brother's finger tapped her nose, she instinctively scrunched it. "It's no fun if I make him get me the test. I'd rather surprise him, you know? Surprises are much more fun," she giggled, reaching over and taking a sip of water. 

Yawning, the young adult stretched her arms wide before slouching her shoulders. "Thank you Shingo. You're the best," she quipped. With a grin, Usagi got out of bed and grabbed her brother's face in her hands, plopping a big wet kiss on his cheek.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (Relaxed) What Could Have Been   (Relaxed) What Could Have Been - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(Relaxed) What Could Have Been

View previous topic View next topic Back to top