The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

What did everyone think of Saphir's change in Petite Etrangere?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
EurAsianGirl
Star Seed

EurAsianGirl

Star Seed

What did everyone think of Saphir's change in Petite Etrangere? Empty
PostSubject: What did everyone think of Saphir's change in Petite Etrangere?   What did everyone think of Saphir's change in Petite Etrangere? I_icon_minitime16th September 2014, 10:36 pm

It really shocked me and I'm still not sure whether it was for the better or not... What are all your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: What did everyone think of Saphir's change in Petite Etrangere?   What did everyone think of Saphir's change in Petite Etrangere? I_icon_minitime18th September 2014, 8:06 pm

Spoiler:

Also for future posters, don't forget to post spoilers for members who have not seen this musical yet.
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: What did everyone think of Saphir's change in Petite Etrangere?   What did everyone think of Saphir's change in Petite Etrangere? I_icon_minitime25th November 2014, 5:26 pm

Since I finally watched the musical a while back...it was very meh. I felt it didn't really add to the story and didn't add to the character's motivations or change anything. It was just a plot twist to have a plot twist because "oh shoot we followed the manga so much guess we should add something a little different!"
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: What did everyone think of Saphir's change in Petite Etrangere?   What did everyone think of Saphir's change in Petite Etrangere? I_icon_minitime25th November 2014, 5:33 pm

I kinda liked it. It was nice to see him not pushed around by his brother for once.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

PostSubject: Re: What did everyone think of Saphir's change in Petite Etrangere?   What did everyone think of Saphir's change in Petite Etrangere? I_icon_minitime25th November 2014, 10:02 pm

I didn't think much of it when I first watched it, but thinking back... I think it actually provides an interesting twist and a different character development. Usagi mentioned that Saphir was insane in the manga (I think) after she talked to him alone while in the Black Moon spaceship thing... but that was never explored, was it? He was insane in what way? He'd actually always struck me as the only sane/logical one of the group, the one not driven by emotions. But then the musical twists that cold logic, strips him of all emotions completely, and pulls all those characteristics to the extreme. And what you have is Musical!Saphir, who could replace his own brother with a droid and not a single person actually realized it, not even the droid himself.

Seeing a more "humane" version of "Demande" was interesting too. They played with switching around the brothers' roles a little bit and made him to be the one more likely to achieve redemption, and that's not even a real human being (it then makes the interesting point of droid being able to have human emotions, even ones that may or may not be the opposite of what their actual "model" might feel. Basically it opens up interesting possibilities to think about.) Parts of it have been done before (in the old musical, in the anime, Demande was similary "redeemed") but they're doing it in an entirely new and interesting way.

It seemed like a pointless twist in the beginning, but it's actually not really.
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did everyone think of Saphir's change in Petite Etrangere?   What did everyone think of Saphir's change in Petite Etrangere? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What did everyone think of Saphir's change in Petite Etrangere?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top