The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?  Empty
PostSubject: Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?    Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?  I_icon_minitime20th October 2011, 7:22 pm

So... to put it plainly, Usagi eats like an elephant. Somehow, she is surprisingly slender and nimble (sometimes).

Where does it all go? In my opinion, Usagi eats so much, because she expends too many calories as a sailor suited warrior of justice and because she expends so much energy using the Ginzuishou. I think it has something to do with the Ginzuishou, because the other senshi do not eat nearly as much as Usagi.

Something similar is seen with other anime characters who expend a ton of energy while fighting or who have extraordinary powers. For example, Goku from Dragonball Z or Luffy from One-Piece.

This is off topic, but I wonder who would win an eating contest: Goku or Usagi? There used to be a mini-comic about that somewhere on the Internet. I wish I still had it.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?    Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?  I_icon_minitime20th October 2011, 7:42 pm

^^ I've often considered the energy expenditure the reason behind why she didn't gain any weight, but I think she eats so much just because she effin' loooves food~ XD

... and I think Goku might win. o_o he can really pack it away.
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Siren
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?    Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?  I_icon_minitime20th October 2011, 7:52 pm

High Metabolism, but she doesn't eat much that I remember. When they all are out they all eat something, she does talk about food in the anime a lot but its talk. Maybe thats how she drowns her sorrows like many and eats, but I still think she has a high metabolism.

In the manga food is not one of her staples.
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?    Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?  I_icon_minitime20th October 2011, 8:33 pm

Goku would win hands down. He will eat anything while I think Usagi is partial more to sweet things.

And I think Usagi just has a lot of energy and apparently the world's fastest metabolism. I like the idea of creating a headcanon in which it is the fault of the Ginzuishou and the way it feeds off of her energy. Whenever she directly uses it, it drains her and at times kills her -- the few times that she falls unconscious, she is always exhausted when she awakens. As Usagi, she has the Ginzuishou pinned to her chest at all times and so she constantly needs to replenish the energy and life force that the Ginzuishou is hungrily drawing within itself.
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Thereisnospoon303
Lotus Crystal

Thereisnospoon303

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Star Spangled Man (with a plan)

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?    Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?  I_icon_minitime21st October 2011, 1:43 pm

If Son Goku, Usagi, and L had an eating contest, the world's food supply---especially in the department of sweets---would be in critical danger.

Usagi probably has a very fast metabolism as a result of her being a growing girl. After all, she is a teenager. The fact that Usagi tends to expend a lot of energy as Sailor Moon probably adds to her enormous appetite, but it seems to me that she was already a ferocious eater who wanted to eat and sleep during most of her down time. I wouldn't pin too much blame on the Ginzuishou, even though that is an interesting approach.

Teenage years + short rest + highly demanding physical activity + constantly expending energy via magic = enormous appetite.
Back to top Go down
Halfpixieman
Lotus Crystal

Halfpixieman

Lotus Crystal

Title : Sarah

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?    Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?  I_icon_minitime8th November 2011, 4:36 pm

It might just be that she's a teenager. I remember when I was in my mid teens I would eat and eat and eat until my dad complained about it, haha. I stayed stick thin too. So I think she's just a food lover, growing and needing nourishment all the time. Not too mention she's also a comfort eater.

I never thought about her excess exercise as a senshi and being weighed down by the Ginzuishou. Very interesting theory.

Though I think she's just a little piggy. Razz

Last edited by halfpixieman on 8th November 2011, 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JoJiaMystie
Lotus Crystal

JoJiaMystie

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC Official Galaxia Sama

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?    Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?  I_icon_minitime8th November 2011, 4:58 pm

She's simply super emotional!
Back to top Go down
http://SunBaby17.wixsite.com/jiaartistetatoueur http://jojiamystie.deviantart.com
Juu~
Lotus Crystal

Juu~

Lotus Crystal

Title : ~hachi

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?    Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?  I_icon_minitime9th November 2011, 6:01 am

I agree with her having a high methabolism, she IS a growing girl who loves food to no end and is costantly running all over the place. Not to mention that she probably always has to skip the first meal of the day due to being late for school all the time. And that was all before being Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?  4011577294Sailor Moon
Back to top Go down
http://juuhachi18.tumblr.com/ http://juuhachi18.deviantart.com/
JoJiaMystie
Lotus Crystal

JoJiaMystie

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC Official Galaxia Sama

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?    Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?  I_icon_minitime9th November 2011, 6:10 am

Ha! Ha! Ha! Yeah that's right, Usa is always late in the morning! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://SunBaby17.wixsite.com/jiaartistetatoueur http://jojiamystie.deviantart.com
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?    Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?  I_icon_minitime19th December 2011, 6:22 pm

Usagi is supposed to be slightly chubbier than the others, i guess she kind of is. I think she associates happiness with food, when she's happy she eats. When she's depressed she stops. Like in Sailor Stars, didn't she become skinnier than Minako? or perhaps Minako just gained weight, though she was consistently depressed throughout the season.
Back to top Go down
apocalypseAuxilatrix
Star Seed

apocalypseAuxilatrix

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?    Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?  I_icon_minitime10th January 2012, 6:46 pm

It's simple...
it's because she is the moon and she needs to be full B)
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?    Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?  I_icon_minitime10th January 2012, 8:13 pm

apocalypseAuxilatrix wrote:
It's simple...

QFT! XD
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?    Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?  I_icon_minitime11th January 2012, 8:43 am

... QFT? *Tilts head.*
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?    Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?  I_icon_minitime11th January 2012, 12:38 pm

Sailor Pluto wrote:
... QFT? *Tilts head.*

Quoted for truth. ^^;
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?    Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?  I_icon_minitime11th January 2012, 1:18 pm

Lolz, okay. Thanks. I'm not all up to date on the text-speak lingo. ^_^"
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?    Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?  I_icon_minitime11th January 2012, 1:19 pm

Sailor Pluto wrote:
Lolz, okay. Thanks. I'm not all up to date on the text-speak lingo. ^_^"

haha me either, i just know the ones i've seen here nad there around the internet or in games.

But yes. I think that is the best theory yet. XD
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?    Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?  I_icon_minitime11th January 2012, 1:47 pm

It's simple...

XD Oh. My. Gosh. The epicness of this quote.
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Hishou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Hishou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Ninja-Pirate-Princess-Muffin; GC's official Haruka

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?    Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?  I_icon_minitime11th January 2012, 10:08 pm

It's simple...

Bwahahahaha, I love this! XD

Have you guys seen that Japanese guy that wins the hot dog eating contests? He's way skinny and can eat like 27 hotdogs in 5 minutes or something crazy. Usagi either thinks about food more than she eats it or has a high metabolism like that guy.
Back to top Go down
SerenaFan
Star Seed

SerenaFan

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?    Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?  I_icon_minitime28th January 2012, 7:54 pm

I don't think there is any real reason in particular. But if there was, here is what I think

They probably wanted her to be a bit more 'silly' and more teenage-like perhaps. Scoffing down food and making a mess and shoving food in her mouth and running off, certainly gave her a more typical 'teenage' appearance and they wanted to make Serena/Usagi a more 'ditzy' approach with how she acted as well.

There could also be the fact that in the main battles she uses quite a lot of strength from within her especially, not just the love that drives her, but the physical strength as well! Using her love and dedication to saving the world, would not be enough for her to get up with gravity at FULL FORCE pulling her down! Plus, she does jump from high buildings and still lands on her feet, so that must say something! haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?    Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Theory: Why does Usagi eat so much?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top