The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Kyralih's Crystal Millennium roleplay (help?)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

Kyralih's Crystal Millennium roleplay (help?) Empty
PostSubject: Kyralih's Crystal Millennium roleplay (help?)   Kyralih's Crystal Millennium roleplay (help?) I_icon_minitime18th October 2011, 8:28 pm

Hello there reader!

So, before starting work on my Silver Millennium fanfic, I came up with an idea for a roleplay idea that took place in the Crystal Millennium (the time of Crystal Tokyo). The opener is huge (and I'll probably post it later... I have it completed on the forum I created for it) and things are getting pretty detailed.

I would love some feedback on this. You see, there are a few kinks in the normal roleplay kind of thing...

Players can't be one of Usagi's senshi.

That's usually what turns other forums off of my idea (and why I had to create my own - it's in the experimental phases in hopes that another site wants to pick this up); but I really love the concept. Here're a few excerpts from the massive letter I sent those forum admins:

"Guiding idea for the story: The Sailor Quartet came into themselves well into the era of peace in Crystal Tokyo, the Neo-Silver Millennium. They awoke after the Black Moon threat and, while they did appear at Sagittarius Zero Star to see the end and beginning of the Galaxy Cauldron and Eternal Sailor Moon's fight against Galaxia and Chaos, they didn't actually get to do much of the fighting. They find themselves in an era without need for sailor soldiers, with the previous generation of soldiers around and completely capable of dealing with any evil force that enters the Solar System.

They don't know where they fit. They were revived by Neo Queen Serenity to help fight, but there is nothing to fight and they feel lost and useless in this future, simply biding their time until they find some purpose.

Plot: The Galilean Knights awaken for the first time since the Silver Millennium and travel to Earth with Sailor Jupiter to train under her, alongside the Sailor Quartet. They have a driving need to protect and fight evil and have been tagged as "foster scouts" for the planets that have yet to have guardian senshi reborn since the fight against Galaxia once their training is considered complete. Though it is an exciting prospect, the teenagers are unsure as to their true feelings about the situation.

Some time into the joint training of the Quartet and Knights, a small disturbance in Central America calls for the presence of Sailor Senshi and the senshi-in-training beg to be sent there, to prove that they can take care of problems for themselves. When they arrive, what was thought to be a simple uprising of an immoral leader turns out to be the embodiment of the blood-thirsty gods of the ancient Olmec and Aztec gods and goddesses.

Trapped in the sacred pyramid in the middle of a long-forgotten forest, the Quartet and Knights must work together and pull from all aspects of their training to survive and conquer this evil to save the world."

The playable characters would be the Sailor Quartet, the Galilean Knights, and the villains. I've figured out all attacks, but have left the personalities open to the player's interpretation - they shape that character's life, beyond the guidelines set up in the opener and, in the case of the Sailor Quartet, anything mentioned in the manga (and as we didn't see much of them after they were healed, that's not a lot of cramping the player's style).

Here's the site for the opener, the character details (including the villain overview and one or two of the top baddies), and a bit on the roleplaying situations:

http://koct.proboards.com/index.cgi

Er... about the roleplay setup: I have two boards, main plot and side RP's. Everything that leads towards the main story is in teh Main Plot, and characters are directed from one board to the next there; at certain times, boards will be locked, forcing players to pay attention to the story as it is happening. That way, everyone knows where the story is happening and no one gets left behind.
The Side RP board is pretty much for the characters to goof off in. It's where the players can experiment with their characters, making them forge relationships and have fun in Crystal Tokyo while their training takes place. They can visit the libraries, chill in their rooms, go shopping, camping, etc., all taking place at the "beginning" of the story, even when the main plot is currently weeks down the line. This allows for variety of play, an outlet of character silliness and development, while the main plot advances the story.

So... please, thoughts? I'm loving this idea and want to see it through, but I don't know whether I should give up the roleplay aspect and just take on a mega-epic fanfic experience myself. ;_;
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: Kyralih's Crystal Millennium roleplay (help?)   Kyralih's Crystal Millennium roleplay (help?) I_icon_minitime18th October 2011, 8:49 pm

Olmec and Aztec gods? I'm definitely intrigued. Throw in the Maya gods and I am sold. This sounds interesting and definitely unique! I'm keeping my eye on this project, for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: Kyralih's Crystal Millennium roleplay (help?)   Kyralih's Crystal Millennium roleplay (help?) I_icon_minitime18th October 2011, 9:59 pm

I just added all of the info for the gods I'm using. As most of the Aztec gods were recycled from Mayan and Olmec, I just used the scariest of those.

and, oh god, they're scary. I'm kinda fearing for the lives of the poor senshi-in-training. o_o Besides the hundreds of sacrifices made for one, another wears the flayed skins of prisoners (as do their priests - yeah, they FLAY SKIN FROM LIVING PEOPLE AND WEAR THEM), and the other demands children be scared, their tears collected, then drowned.

And those are the top three I'm choosing.

Others I have on there is a dog, the god of fire, that has backwards feet, a woman who demands sacrifices by way of beheading young maidens (watch out, Sailor Quartet!) and a woman that embodies death.
Back to top Go down
Ace <3
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Kyralih's Crystal Millennium roleplay (help?)   Kyralih's Crystal Millennium roleplay (help?) I_icon_minitime18th October 2011, 10:41 pm

This sounds so amazing!!! It's so unique and unlike anything I've heard of in a LONG while. I'm definitely interested and will keep a look out for this. Smile
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Kyralih's Crystal Millennium roleplay (help?)   Kyralih's Crystal Millennium roleplay (help?) I_icon_minitime19th October 2011, 12:28 am

Since this is about roleplay, I'm unsure if this thread should be here. I'll make sure before I move it though. Just letting you know.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: Kyralih's Crystal Millennium roleplay (help?)   Kyralih's Crystal Millennium roleplay (help?) I_icon_minitime19th October 2011, 6:45 am

>.< thanks - I was looking for advise and it involved writing and whether or not I should just go full-blown fanfic with it or keep the rp hope alive.
I didn't know where else it should go as the RP section was meant for the RP on this site, right?
Back to top Go down
Alala
Star Seed

Alala

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Kyralih's Crystal Millennium roleplay (help?)   Kyralih's Crystal Millennium roleplay (help?) I_icon_minitime19th October 2011, 8:00 am

That sounds like a great idea! Love it, love it, love it!
I'm a huge fan od the Quartet, and the hole Aztec gods and goddesses idea sounds really cool!!
If you need any kind of help, I'm right here. Smile

Oh, and one Q - if there's gonna be a Quartet, would Chibi Moon be included as well?
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Kyralih's Crystal Millennium roleplay (help?)   Kyralih's Crystal Millennium roleplay (help?) I_icon_minitime19th October 2011, 8:19 am

I think this idea could be a very interesting RPG or a fan fiction. I think it may depend on how much you are willing to see the idea changed. An RPG involves so many variables, including people, so the storyline will likely be changed, due to the participation of others. Likely, elements of the story will experience more change if subjected to the RPG experience than if you were just to write a fan fiction, which would likely stay more true to your hopes and expectations.

Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: Kyralih's Crystal Millennium roleplay (help?)   Kyralih's Crystal Millennium roleplay (help?) I_icon_minitime19th October 2011, 9:52 am

Alala wrote:
That sounds like a great idea! Love it, love it, love it!
I'm a huge fan od the Quartet, and the hole Aztec gods and goddesses idea sounds really cool!!
If you need any kind of help, I'm right here. Smile

Oh, and one Q - if there's gonna be a Quartet, would Chibi Moon be included as well?

I haven't decided on Chibi Moon and/or Saturn's involvement just yet - I'd like to get the positions of the Quartet and Four filled first, so I was placing her as a secondary character for now and then making a decision on her involvement. I have two warring ideals in my head...

For Chibi-Moon
Against Chibi-Moon
1. She's their leader. She should be there.
2. She's still developing as a scout... and I
might've been able to sneak some Sailor Earth
head-canon in on this at the end when they
graduate from being 'scout in training' to full-out
scouts.
3. She became pretty badass in manga!Stars.
4. I want her to develop a crush on Europa. Why?
Just 'cause. Think of the drama! He's supposed to
leave as soon as he finishes training! Poor Lady
Serenity, first Pereru then Helios and then Europa?
Whyyyyy?!
1. She's already had a lot of experience
with fighting evil. Her scouts have had a
lot less, so their development might be
stunted in this plot if they rely on her
and the strength of the Pink crystal.
2. In my head-canon, NQS and KE can sense
when LS is in danger. I don't want a rescue
party sent to that scary temple. It'd just ruin
the fun.
3. It might relieve some Quartet stress. This
way, they're only worrying about their precious
maiden-necks, not their princess's as well.
4. ...mainly #1.
Side note on Lady Serenity/Europa. This just happened. I was writing the intro and Jupiter was all "Oh look! She's blushing!" and I was all 'Whaaa? She isss?' and then I wondered who head-Chibi-Usa liked. And it hit me when I was writing out their descriptions on the website. Europa has platinum blond hair, icy blue eyes, is level-headed and has a weakness for cute things. He's like Helios+Mamoru with his own personal twist. It seriously hit me when typing a bit of him - I was like "OOOH! THAT'S WHO SHE LIKES!" ... cause Callisto, while being a pretty-boy, is just too angsty and serious and I couldn't even see the possibility of her with Io or Ganymede.

To Sailor V:
I like that element of story changes - in my head, I only really have planned out the settings, the characters, and certain scenes. ... like when they first enter the temple and get a load of Xipe... - but what I fear is that people get inactive and the story will never get there. :/

I'm wondering what other information I would need to make available before fishing for members. ... and still the other part of my head is telling me to write it myself. blah.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: Kyralih's Crystal Millennium roleplay (help?)   Kyralih's Crystal Millennium roleplay (help?) I_icon_minitime19th October 2011, 9:52 am

P.S.: Thanks for all the feedback, everyone!! Very Happy You're making me even more excited about this.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Kyralih's Crystal Millennium roleplay (help?)   Kyralih's Crystal Millennium roleplay (help?) I_icon_minitime19th October 2011, 10:05 am

This might be something to consider... Yes, Chibiusa does have experience as a senshi, but she probably has little to no experience working with the Sailor Quartet, much less the Galilean Knights. If they are to function as a group, it would be logical for the Sailor Quartet, the Galilean Knights, Chibiusa, and Hotaru to train together, so they have experience working together as a team, learning each others strengths and weaknesses, etc.

Depending on your interpretation of Crystal Tokyo, the Sailor Quartet and Chibiusa may or may not be as close as Usagi is to her group of senshi. If they have only known each other for a year or two, there might still be some problems with group dynamics. Hell, there might be some residual emotional problems stemming from the fact that the Sailor Quartet were evil-doers for awhile. Or, they might have all hit it off right away, just like Usagi and the others.

I think you can easily work Chibiusa out of the storyline, if you want. She is a princess, so she might be involved with any number of things that would prevent her from participating in what should have been the suppression of a simple uprising (political and diplomatic appearances, diplomatic and political training, etc.). As a princess, she would have a ton of things to do!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: Kyralih's Crystal Millennium roleplay (help?)   Kyralih's Crystal Millennium roleplay (help?) I_icon_minitime19th October 2011, 10:25 am

Sailor Venus wrote:
This might be something to consider... Yes, Chibiusa does have experience as a senshi, but she probably has little to no experience working with the Sailor Quartet, much less the Galilean Knights. If they are to function as a group, it would be logical for the Sailor Quartet, the Galilean Knights, Chibiusa, and Hotaru to train together, so they have experience working together as a team, learning each others strengths and weaknesses, etc.

Depending on your interpretation of Crystal Tokyo, the Sailor Quartet and Chibiusa may or may not be as close as Usagi is to her group of senshi. If they have only known each other for a year or two, there might still be some problems with group dynamics. Hell, there might be some residual emotional problems stemming from the fact that the Sailor Quartet were evil-doers for awhile.

I think you can easily work Chibiusa out of the storyline, if you want. She is a princess, so she might be involved with any number of things that would prevent her from participating in what should have been the suppression of a simple uprising (political and diplomatic appearances, diplomatic and political training, etc.).

As side characters, I wanted Chibi-Usa and Hotaru to participate in some group training sessions with the Quartet to get that feeling of communion, but I was going to keep them out of the main thing by using the princess thing, just as you suggested here. ^^ In the opening post it introduces the idea of a summit of leaders that's currently going on in Crystal Tokyo and I stated for the players in the 'Hanging with the Quartet' area that 'Bunny' has a lot of princess-y duties to attend to whilst the summit is in session. I hadn't considered any residual 'You were an enemy!' feelings, though... I don't know if they'd be there, though, 'cause Saturn brought about their rebirth so I didn't think she'd have any sore feelings, and Chibi-Usa was just like "Oh hey guys! Let's go!" without any look of distrust. I'm kind of wondering if I even want the Quartet to have true memories of their time as the Amazon Quartet, but I'd have to research whether they were really reborn (in which case the memories would surface in dreams and stuff) or just revived (still totally remember what they did, but they did go through a "coming to Jesus!" session. ... lmao phrase).

... and thinking on that, I'm reminded of the 'Doomed to never love' theory/debate going on right now. ... NQS could totally resurrect the Shintennou - she did it with the Quartet, right?

Back to topic... ^^'
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Kyralih's Crystal Millennium roleplay (help?)   Kyralih's Crystal Millennium roleplay (help?) I_icon_minitime19th October 2011, 12:18 pm

Kyralih wrote:
>.< thanks - I was looking for advise and it involved writing and whether or not I should just go full-blown fanfic with it or keep the rp hope alive.
I didn't know where else it should go as the RP section was meant for the RP on this site, right?

I double checked. Since the RP section is still not open, feel free to keep it here. I wasn't sure if you were planning to do an RP or just discuss it, but it seems you just want to discuss it. Which is totally fine, because that can always include lots of backstory writing, character writing, etc. As long as there is no actual rping going on, feel free to keep discussing it. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: Kyralih's Crystal Millennium roleplay (help?)   Kyralih's Crystal Millennium roleplay (help?) I_icon_minitime19th October 2011, 1:02 pm

Very Happy yay!

I mean, I would be thrilled if we decided to do this on this site (cause everybody is so talented!) but there was so much information it'd require it's own sub-board/forum/thingy and I didn't know if the Outers wanted to go that route. ^^
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: Kyralih's Crystal Millennium roleplay (help?)   Kyralih's Crystal Millennium roleplay (help?) I_icon_minitime10th March 2012, 9:14 pm

UPDATE
Just in case anyone was still interested, this RP has started on http://crystaltokyoknights.forumotion.com/; I would prefer to see action starting in our own RP forum here (♥!), but if you really liked this idea and wanted to be in on it, the positions of Sailor Ceres, Sailor Juno, and Knight Ganymede and Knight Callisto are still available; as are all the god(esse)s. =]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kyralih's Crystal Millennium roleplay (help?)   Kyralih's Crystal Millennium roleplay (help?) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kyralih's Crystal Millennium roleplay (help?)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top