The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RainbowHurricane
Pyramidal Crystal

RainbowHurricane

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Sailor of all that is RAINBOW!

Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas! Empty
PostSubject: Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas!   Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas! I_icon_minitime12th July 2014, 1:34 pm

I'm getting married next year and me and the boo decided we will have our ceremony Sailor Moon themed. He will be dressed as Tuxedo Mask (don't know about the mask though but he will have a top hat, rose, and a stick) and I will have all the bridesmaids in different colors based on what senshi they are! I'm wondering if I should make them wear the tiaras but I don't know if that's overboard. I can't wear the same dress Princess Serenity wears but I'm wondering if there are any ideas or little things I can do to make my ceremony alittle more Sailor Moonrific.
Back to top Go down
Adelaide
Lotus Crystal

Adelaide

Lotus Crystal

Title : Unashamed Sailor Moon Crystal lover // Formerly Saturn Skyy - until I found out that it was the name of a car

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas!   Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas! I_icon_minitime12th July 2014, 5:37 pm

First idea I had was this candle holder

Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas! Z
Back to top Go down
http://dianathemoonfairy.tumblr.com
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : Honestly, I’ve never fit in with the world. I was always alone.

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas!   Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas! I_icon_minitime12th July 2014, 6:21 pm

Pintrest has lots of great ideas.

THESE!!!!

cake

hope that helps a bit, how exciting a Sailor Moon wedding.
Back to top Go down
http://bigbangvipfangirl.tumblr.com/ http://mizzmoon.tumblr.com/
RainbowHurricane
Pyramidal Crystal

RainbowHurricane

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas!   Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas! I_icon_minitime14th July 2014, 5:59 pm

Oh wow Saturn those are so cute! And I totally forgot about Pintrest Hikari! I'm looking right now...so many ideas.
Back to top Go down
sunyeons
Lotus Crystal

sunyeons

Lotus Crystal

Title : that one j-idol and k-pop fangirl.

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas!   Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas! I_icon_minitime15th July 2014, 1:39 pm

gah, those are some cute ideas! i loved that bridesmaid idea. it'd be so cool and unique.
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas!   Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas! I_icon_minitime15th July 2014, 1:55 pm

i hope i can have some sailor moon stuff at my wedding (once i find the right person of course)
Back to top Go down
Sifr
Star Seed

Sifr

Star Seed

Title : Guardian Matron of the Magical Girls

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas!   Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas! I_icon_minitime17th July 2014, 9:49 pm

Oh my gosh. I was thinking of doing this for my own wedding, but I wasn't brave enough to say it out loud to his family. I'll probably have some Sailor Moon inspired elements but that's it. 

I personally think that your bridesmaids would be lovely in gowns inspired by the senshi's Princess forms, but I'm not sure how far out you would want to go with that.

Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas! Tumblr_lydd1bZj4o1qbq8iy

Cause I dunno about you hun, but that would look pretty badass at a wedding.
Back to top Go down
http://escalation.jcink.net http://sifriria.tumblr.com/
Sailor Lily
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Lily

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas!   Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas! I_icon_minitime18th July 2014, 2:56 pm

Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas! Bb5991286b9fda60604ed94b618b0bd1Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas! Dd7dbf2b63a74908b9571b93853b88f2

I found cute wedding cake ideas. Why don't you have some Odangos at the refreshment table? That would be classic. xD
The bridesmaids could try and get their hairstyles to look like the senshi. Not saying that anyone should dye their hair blue or green but maybe the bridesmaid impersonating Venus could be wearing a red ribbon in her hair or the bridemaid impersonating Neptune could have a wavy hairdo.

Spoiler:

For the wedding dress you could wear a dress similiar to Usagi's wedding dress.

The flower girl could wear pink like chibimoon.

If you think tiaras are a bit much then you could try wearing those headpiece jewelry.

Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas! 2922048199_188c4cb32e
Back to top Go down
RainbowHurricane
Pyramidal Crystal

RainbowHurricane

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas!   Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas! I_icon_minitime19th July 2014, 6:02 am

Sifr wrote:
Oh my gosh. I was thinking of doing this for my own wedding, but I wasn't brave enough to say it out loud to his family. I'll probably have some Sailor Moon inspired elements but that's it. 

I personally think that your bridesmaids would be lovely in gowns inspired by the senshi's Princess forms, but I'm not sure how far out you would want to go with that.

Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas! Tumblr_lydd1bZj4o1qbq8iy

Cause I dunno about you hun, but that would look pretty badass at a wedding.

You def need to have Sailor Moon stuff at your wedding! Our ceremony is going to be Sailor Moon but the reception is another beast. Every one of my bridesmaids is up for wearing their specific color. Since I have five I  will use all the inner senshi and then Sailor Saturn because I love her! I'm still on the fence with them using tiaras. I'll probably buy little things like Sailor Lily said....rose earrings, bows, stuff like that.

Omg I love those cakes. And that headpiece is beautiful! Ahhhh!
Back to top Go down
SenshiRei
Lotus Crystal

SenshiRei

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Official Rei Hino of GC ❤

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas!   Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas! I_icon_minitime19th July 2014, 7:25 am

Ohmigod a Sailor Moon wedding?! I'm literally so jealous right now, how amazing!! <3
Back to top Go down
Http://senshirei.tumblr.com http://senshirei.tumblr.com
Nessie
Star Seed

Nessie

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas!   Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas! I_icon_minitime29th July 2014, 12:37 am

Ahhh how exciting! C: 

Maybe not tiaras, but maybe some kind of brooch or hairclip with the "gemstones" of each color. 
The groomsmen could be in grey or black tuxes with similar gem clips, or simply tie clips with the General's gem colors. 

There's a ton of source material for colors, flowers, and all ideas really, your big day will be fun!!
Back to top Go down
RainbowHurricane
Pyramidal Crystal

RainbowHurricane

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas!   Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas! I_icon_minitime29th July 2014, 1:54 pm

Nessie wrote:
Ahhh how exciting! C: 

Maybe not tiaras, but maybe some kind of brooch or hairclip with the "gemstones" of each color. 
The groomsmen could be in grey or black tuxes with similar gem clips, or simply tie clips with the General's gem colors. 

There's a ton of source material for colors, flowers, and all ideas really, your big day will be fun!!

OMG NESSIE THAT IS SUCH A GOOD IDEA! I was thinking "how am I going to give it alil Sailor Moon class to each bridesmaid?" and that is it! A clip in the hair would be so cute!! Yay for ideas!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas!   Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas! I_icon_minitime18th August 2014, 3:11 pm

SM Ring Pillow

So i found this while surfing around Esty. Maybe it's something like you're looking for!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas!   Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas! I_icon_minitime1st September 2014, 1:08 am

Apparently someone used this amazing cake topper for their Sailor Moon wedding.

Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas! MoonAndStarsWeddingCakeTopper_zpsb0312d6a
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas!   Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas! I_icon_minitime1st September 2014, 4:32 pm

This is such an adorable idea! I really hope you post pictures! You should totally have some Sailor Moon music play! They have tons of beautiful instrumentals that you could slow dance to! Oh gosh the IDEAS.
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
seiya.sky
Star Seed

seiya.sky

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas!   Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas! I_icon_minitime29th September 2014, 7:03 pm

Congrats RainbowHurricane!! Very Happy Which month is your wedding?

Just curious, what is the programme flow like? Morning & afternoon (day dress).. night (night dress).. or how many days the whole programme will spread into? If it's more than 1 day, props and dresses can be re-used Very Happy

Bridesmaids can dress as Senshi (Princess form) & maybe henshin uniforms? and Luna (human form) Wink

Groomsmen can dress as Endymion's Shitennou & Kakyuu's Threelights.. and Artemis (human form) :p

Try visiting your local wedding dress shops and take a look at the bride's dresses, there may be some that look similar to Serenity's Wink
Even with a modern white wedding gown, add on moon themed hair accessories, earrings and choker, you will look just like Serenity!! <3

Groom can still have the mask, but maybe use it during the dance? Wink Apart from tux, your groom can consider Endymion's "armour" too (without the sword of cos) :p
Back to top Go down
RainbowHurricane
Pyramidal Crystal

RainbowHurricane

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas!   Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas! I_icon_minitime30th September 2014, 10:52 am

Thanks Seiya! I'm getting married in April. Its in the afternoon. I already bought my dress and it's kinda Sailor Moon ish with a sparkly belt already attached in the middle but I'm thinking of getting moon shaped jewelry too.

The bridesmaids have already picked out dresses. Each one of them got a color of a sailor scout: green for Jupiter, Red for Mars, Light Blue for Mercury, Orange for Venus, and Purple for Saturn. I'm thinking of giving each of the groomsmen handkerchiefs in the colors of the Outer Senshi and their ties too. I'm trying for a subtle approach to introduce the Sailor Moon aspect because I'm pretty sure 75 percent of the people coming don't know what it is!

My fiance is going to wear the top hat, the gloves, a cane, and a rose. Wearing the mask during the dance sounds like a good idea! Thanks for all the suggestions!
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas!   Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas! I_icon_minitime4th October 2014, 8:40 am

If you darken the room a bit for the dancing, then white Christmas lights can be arranged to give a feeling of stars.
Back to top Go down
Silver Wings
Star Seed

Silver Wings

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas!   Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas! I_icon_minitime10th October 2014, 10:38 pm

I read somewhere someone made had her wedding dress custom made to look like Usagi's wedding gown in the last chapter of the Stars manga. Neat idea! If I ever get married, I wanna sneak a little Sailor Moon in Wink
Back to top Go down
seiya.sky
Star Seed

seiya.sky

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas!   Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas! I_icon_minitime12th October 2014, 7:06 pm

maybe brooch/ necklace with mercury, mars, jupiter & venus symbols for bridesmaids..
& collar/ cuff pins with uranus, neptune, pluto, saturn for groomsmen Wink

anyway this is just a tiny detail, do concentrate on moon & starry decorations & bridal jewellery first Wink

oh! there's also the guest book for the guests to write their well wishes! so much possibility for design of the book! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RainbowHurricane
Pyramidal Crystal

RainbowHurricane

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas!   Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas! I_icon_minitime15th October 2014, 8:44 am

Just a question...do you guys think Venus' color is an orange or yellow? The bridesmaid who is Venus is asking me. I thought orange but I'm not sure what you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Lyssarie
Lotus Crystal

Lyssarie

Lotus Crystal

Title : Alyssa ~ Frappucino Enthusiast and Feels Expert

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas!   Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas! I_icon_minitime15th October 2014, 9:05 am

I would say, for a bridesmaid's gown, like an orange dreamsicle type color. A pale orange, if that makes sense xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.missmoonrose.tumblr.com
PockyPants
Pyramidal Crystal

PockyPants

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas!   Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas! I_icon_minitime28th December 2014, 5:19 pm

First of all I'm super jealous that your fiance is up for a SM theme! Mine shot down all nerdy themes when we got married. lol

This little offbeat bride article has been going around lately, I'm sure y'all have already seen it, but if not it's great for some inspiration. (Though I'd do some things differently myself)
http://offbeatbride.com/2014/12/la-sailor-moon-wedding

Anyways, I do love weddings and SM (obviously) and pinterest so this thread inspired me to create a board! Wink
http://www.pinterest.com/pockypants/sailor-moon-inspired-wedding/
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/maskprops
RainbowHurricane
Pyramidal Crystal

RainbowHurricane

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas!   Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas! I_icon_minitime16th January 2015, 5:23 pm

Miss Moon Rose wrote:
I would say, for a bridesmaid's gown, like an orange dreamsicle type color.  A pale orange, if that makes sense xD

No that makes sense but unfortunately they dont have that color....Sad They have an orange color and a yellow color on davids bridal. It's called permission and sunbeam. Not sure which one to pick!
Back to top Go down
Hikari-chan
Lotus Crystal

Hikari-chan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas!   Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas! I_icon_minitime16th January 2015, 7:36 pm

RainbowHurricane wrote:
Miss Moon Rose wrote:
I would say, for a bridesmaid's gown, like an orange dreamsicle type color.  A pale orange, if that makes sense xD

No that makes sense but unfortunately they dont have that color....Sad They have an orange color and a yellow color on davids bridal. It's called permission and sunbeam. Not sure which one to pick!
can you post pics or links with the two different colors, I would go with whichever orange is softer, after all the focus needs to be on the bride so if the orange is too bright it might distract, thats just my opinion though, hope it helps Smile
Back to top Go down
Crystalsetsuna
Lotus Crystal

Crystalsetsuna

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Crazy Beardie Lady. Official GC Princess Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas!   Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas! I_icon_minitime16th January 2015, 7:58 pm

judging from what i glanced at online at david's bridal....one, i think you meant persimmon, and not permission. XD secondly, i definitely do not think either is right for a venus vibe. i think tangerine would be much better. but that's one strangers opinion.^^0

maybe to make them more naoko-ish. you could buy length of sheer tule or chiffon or something to have stitched onto the back of the dresses. should be cheap enough to do if none of your girls have sewing skill.
Back to top Go down
http://dragcave.net/user/Crystalsetsuna http://crystalsetsuna.deviantart.com/
RainbowHurricane
Pyramidal Crystal

RainbowHurricane

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas!   Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas! I_icon_minitime16th January 2015, 8:06 pm

Omgosh crystal Im so silly! Yes I meamt to write persimmon but I actually meant to write tangerine, which im glad you said would be the best fit! Thats what I'm gonna pick. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Crystalsetsuna
Lotus Crystal

Crystalsetsuna

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Crazy Beardie Lady. Official GC Princess Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas!   Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas! I_icon_minitime16th January 2015, 8:31 pm

XD it's totally fine! i'm sure with the wedding only a few months away, your nerves are a little frazzled by now. glad i could help out!
Back to top Go down
http://dragcave.net/user/Crystalsetsuna http://crystalsetsuna.deviantart.com/
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas!   Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas! I_icon_minitime16th January 2015, 9:47 pm

Adelaide wrote:
First idea I had was this candle holder

Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas! Z
I've heard that these might be a bit too small for candle holders. You could probably use them as cardholders though! (somehow.)
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
RainbowHurricane
Pyramidal Crystal

RainbowHurricane

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas!   Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas! I_icon_minitime16th February 2015, 12:18 pm

Ok so I'm making my table at the wedding sailor moon themed. I'm thinking of putting stars on the table and a picture of Usagi and Mamoru in a frame there. The candle holder is a nice things to put there too. Ahh 2 months to go!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas!   Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sailor Moon Themed Wedding Ideas!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top