The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Wait...does Viz have rights over the manga too?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of da Norf.

Wait...does Viz have rights over the manga too? Empty
PostSubject: Wait...does Viz have rights over the manga too?   Wait...does Viz have rights over the manga too? I_icon_minitime22nd May 2014, 8:25 am

So anyone who's a fan of Ranma 1/2 and Inuyasha knows that not only did Viz produce the dub versions of the anime put they produce the English versions of the manga too.

Inuyasha is long so they even have the "Viz Big" editions of the manga, which includes a good amount of chapters.

So does Viz have rights over the manga too or is just the show? Because I really want English reprints of the kanzenban editions. Also Kodansha said that they would be re-releasing the artbooks...yet we've gotten nothing.

So I wouldn't mind if Viz took control of the manga too because they seem to be all about action.
Back to top Go down
Soul_Survivor
Pyramidal Crystal

Soul_Survivor

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Wait...does Viz have rights over the manga too?   Wait...does Viz have rights over the manga too? I_icon_minitime22nd May 2014, 9:21 am

I don't think so, it doesn't seem to be mentioned in the announcement trailer, interview or the viz website :-/ Not 100% though.
Back to top Go down
yunbuns
Lotus Crystal

yunbuns

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of da Norf.

PostSubject: Re: Wait...does Viz have rights over the manga too?   Wait...does Viz have rights over the manga too? I_icon_minitime22nd May 2014, 2:03 pm

Well that's too bad. I guess we'll have to keep waiting then.  Wait...does Viz have rights over the manga too? 3541594201
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Wait...does Viz have rights over the manga too?   Wait...does Viz have rights over the manga too? I_icon_minitime22nd May 2014, 2:15 pm

No, Kodansha USA currently has licensing rights over the manga for the english version. They are the ones who released the shinsouban version of the manga starting back in 2011. If the kanzenban were to be released it would be through Kodansha USA.

Seeing that the manga in Japan is handled by Kodansha there, I don't think they will go with a different company here in the US.
Back to top Go down
Princess Sailor Mai
Pyramidal Crystal

Princess Sailor Mai

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Galaxy Cauldron's Official Princess Inspirit!
Location : In the middle of nowhere between part-time work and needing a full-time career

PostSubject: Re: Wait...does Viz have rights over the manga too?   Wait...does Viz have rights over the manga too? I_icon_minitime26th February 2016, 8:57 pm

Not that I know of.  Small Lady is right though, I do believe Kodansha wouldn't let any other company have rights to the kanzenban version.  I hope Kodansha would decide to release it in english cause I would definitely would want to buy the collection.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wait...does Viz have rights over the manga too?   Wait...does Viz have rights over the manga too? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wait...does Viz have rights over the manga too?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top