The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Microsoft Excel Tips & Tricks Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : GC's Official Loof Merrow

Microsoft Excel Tips & Tricks Thread Empty
PostSubject: Microsoft Excel Tips & Tricks Thread   Microsoft Excel Tips & Tricks Thread I_icon_minitime9th May 2014, 8:13 pm

Hey guys,

I've totally been meaning to create this thread forever. Smile I work in Excel practically 10 hours a day in an accounting context. So I thought maybe I could help people with some excel questions and maybe someone will end up teaching me something new too. Smile

SO here's some of the most awesome things I love to do in Excel. If anyone is interested in a tutorial on any of these let me know. Smile

Pivot Tables - best way to take a whole spreadsheet of numbers and make a simple summary table to understand it at a glance. Much better than just doing subtotals.

Vlookup formulas - Ever have two sheets that you have to compare with each other? This is the way to do it.

Macro recording and creating - I'm still an amateur here and there's so much more to learn, but I've tinkered a bit with writing my own and recording them.

SumIf - Adds a things together only if certain criteria are met. Ex: Only add up sales made in the year 2013 out of a long list covering multiple years.

Anyone have any excel questions or really cool tips? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.lioddities.com
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Excel Tips & Tricks Thread   Microsoft Excel Tips & Tricks Thread I_icon_minitime15th August 2015, 10:55 pm

Bumping this...since I'm back. Very Happy I am actually slowly working on developing an excel course as a side job of sorts. (I have too many side jobs, hobbies, and things  I need or want to do. LOL I need more than 24 hours in a day...just saying. ^^) But anyway, if anyone needs a hand I'll help if I can! ^^
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Excel Tips & Tricks Thread   Microsoft Excel Tips & Tricks Thread I_icon_minitime30th October 2015, 6:30 pm

I love pivot tables! They are the best thing I have learned in Excel so far.

I am beginning to learn Vlookups, but only in the barest of senses. They are complicated for me to put into practice, because I haven't had much experience with them, yet. But, I am starting to understand the concept.

Tell me of this SumIf function. I need this in my life.

I also love the F4 key. If you highlight a section of your function, then press F4, you add $ signs to the cell reference number (B$4$ for example). That makes it so you can make sure that is the specific cell referenced if you start dragging formulas down/to the side. In other words, you use that key to create an absolute reference. If you keep pressing F4, it cycles through the other types of references, but I tend to stick with absolute references.
Back to top Go down
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Excel Tips & Tricks Thread   Microsoft Excel Tips & Tricks Thread I_icon_minitime30th October 2015, 8:03 pm

I can show you that! Took me a while to get it too. Smile Vlookup is hard for people to explain. I know from when I was being taught. But do it a few times and it starts to make sense.

I'll try to throw up a quick Sum If tutorial next week after Halloween crazies are over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Excel Tips & Tricks Thread   Microsoft Excel Tips & Tricks Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Microsoft Excel Tips & Tricks Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top