The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Flag and anthem

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan

Flag and anthem Empty
PostSubject: Flag and anthem   Flag and anthem I_icon_minitime22nd April 2014, 5:51 pm

Flag and anthem RD07_zpsd7107cba

Hola! on this thread we are going to talk about DR flag and national anthem!

Flag and anthem V8Yn8GH

The flag of the Dominican Republic, was officially accepted on November 6th, 1844.  As described by Article 96 of the Dominican Constitution, features a centered white cross that extends to the edges and divides the flag into four rectangles—the top ones are blue (hoist side) and red, and the bottom ones are red (hoist side) and blue.  The actual colors are ultramarine blue and vermilion red in alternate.  The original colors are derrived from the colors of the Haitian flag.

The first Dominican Republic flag was created by Ms. Maria Trinidad Sanchez and Ms. Concepcion Bona, It flew for the first time on the day of Dominican independence, February 27, 1844 and it was a bit different, featuring the top two quadrants blue and the blottom two red, it wasnt until 1908 that the alternating colors came to be, it also did not have the shield shown in the picture here in the middle.

Flag and anthem Dominican-republic-shield

There have been at least 14 different shields that have been used on the Dominican Republic flag in the past. Casimiro N. De Moya designed the current shield. It was issued by the government of Monseñor Nouel, and was adopted as the official shield in 1913.
The “coat of arms” or shield resides in the center of the flag.  This emblem is similar to the flag design and shows a bible, a cross of gold, 4 Dominican flags and two spears on a pattern from the flag. there are bracches of olive and palm around the shield and above on a ribbon is the motto “Dios, Patria, Libertad” meaning “God, Fatherland, Liberty”. Below the shield is the name of the country “República Dominicana” appears on a red ribbon (this red ribbon is depicted in more recent versions as having its tips pointing upward). In the center of the shield, flanked by three spears (two of them holding Dominican banners) on each side, is a Bible with a small cross above it and said to be opened to the Gospel of John, either to chapter one or chapter 8, verse 32, which reads Y la verdad nos hará libre (And the truth shall make you free). 

The Dominican Flag Meaning:
[*]The white on the flag stands for salvation.
[*]The red on the flag stands for the fire and blood of the independence he struggle.
[*]The civil ensign follows the same design, but without the charge in the center.

And now i present, the national anthem "Quisqueyanos Valientes"
music was composed by José Rufino Reyes Siancas (1835-1905), and its lyrics were authored by Emilio Prud'Homme (1856-1932). Please click this youtube video to hear the anthem sang by a few of our most important singers. also the lyrics are on this video ^^

Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

Flag and anthem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flag and anthem   Flag and anthem I_icon_minitime23rd April 2014, 11:53 pm

How neat. I'm getting so knowledged. Thanks for sharing ^^ I honestly didn't know any of this.
Back to top Go down
SenshiRei
Lotus Crystal

SenshiRei

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Official Rei Hino of GC ❤

Flag and anthem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flag and anthem   Flag and anthem I_icon_minitime26th April 2014, 3:34 am

I find it crazy that you've had at least 14 different flags. o.o I hope you didn't have to learnt them all in school or anything. =p
Back to top Go down
Http://senshirei.tumblr.com http://senshirei.tumblr.com
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan

Flag and anthem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flag and anthem   Flag and anthem I_icon_minitime26th April 2014, 6:56 pm

Sailor Jupiter wrote:
I find it crazy that you've had at least 14 different flags. o.o I hope you didn't have to learnt them all in school or anything. =p

No dear, but they tell us there were a few xD
what some schools do, they make you learn each and every anthem for our founding fathers =p
Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

Flag and anthem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flag and anthem   Flag and anthem I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flag and anthem

View previous topic View next topic Back to top