The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Theory: Queen Serenity at the Galaxy Cauldron

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sailor Cosmos
Founder Emeritus

Sailor Cosmos

Founder Emeritus

Title : Soldier of the Cosmos

Theory: Queen Serenity at the Galaxy Cauldron  Empty
PostSubject: Theory: Queen Serenity at the Galaxy Cauldron    Theory: Queen Serenity at the Galaxy Cauldron  I_icon_minitime24th June 2011, 8:26 am

In the very last act of Sailor Moon, Act 52, Usagi is finally reunited with her loved ones after saving the galaxy by jumping into the Galaxy Cauldron. She is greeted by Guardian Cosmos, a tiny, sprite-like creature who states she is the Cauldron’s guardian. What follows is very interesting;
Theory: Queen Serenity at the Galaxy Cauldron  Tumblr33
Theory: Queen Serenity at the Galaxy Cauldron  Tumblr34
Theory: Queen Serenity at the Galaxy Cauldron  Tumblr35
Theory: Queen Serenity at the Galaxy Cauldron  Tumblr36

We see a faded picture of Queen Serenity cradling something in her arms;
Theory: Queen Serenity at the Galaxy Cauldron  Tumblr37
In Usagi’s mind, we see the flashback to Princess Serenity’s birth;
Theory: Queen Serenity at the Galaxy Cauldron  Tumblr38
This raises a multitude of questions. What was Queen Serenity doing at the Cauldron in the first place? How did she get there? Was she holding Usagi’s star seed?
But isn’t Usagi’s star seed, or Sailor Crystal, the Ginzuishou? Also, what is the significance of showing the picture of newborn Princess Serenity? What if Serenity was born only after the Queen visited the Galaxy Cauldron? That would explain the absence of her father.
Shoot away your theories, guys! Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Mileyangel321
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Queen Serenity at the Galaxy Cauldron    Theory: Queen Serenity at the Galaxy Cauldron  I_icon_minitime24th June 2011, 11:38 am

I think with the crystal being Usagi's star seed is that it became the star seed. Perhaps originally, it was used in the birth of Serenity or something. Naoko left some of this stuff so open!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Azoth
Star Seed

Sailor Azoth

Star Seed

Title : Good Mourning!

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Queen Serenity at the Galaxy Cauldron    Theory: Queen Serenity at the Galaxy Cauldron  I_icon_minitime24th June 2011, 6:01 pm

I think she was at the Cauldron to ditch her husband :lol:
Back to top Go down
http://christyleighstewart.com/
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Queen Serenity at the Galaxy Cauldron    Theory: Queen Serenity at the Galaxy Cauldron  I_icon_minitime27th June 2011, 8:51 pm

See, now this was something that confused me/seemed to be a contradiction. I think this last chapter in general took me a while to digest, and I probably am still wrong about a lot of things.

Guardian Cosmos says that the Galaxy Cauldron is where star seeds are born. With Queen Serenity being there I was confused by different things. My first thought was that perhaps she was taking Princess Serenity's star seed there to be reborn. But that doesn't make very much sense at all because in the beginning season it is already explained as to how Usagi (and the others) were sent to be reborn.

Now I wonder if that is how Queen Serenity "gave birth" to Princess Serenity on the Moon Kingdom. They never mention Princess Serenity's father. The Silver Crystal is also so deeply rooted into the Moon Kingdom lineage, something that is limited only to the the Queen, Princess and later Chibi Usa. In the last chapter of the manga, Usagi feels a light glowing in her chest and tells Mamoru that Chibi-Usa's star seed has been born. Perhaps this kind of star seed birth is similar to what is occurring to Queen Serenity in those panels.

This confuses me so much. The Galaxy Cauldron as were star seeds are born. Is there possibly something in the Cauldron that "activates" the full birth of these star seeds? Maybe QUeen Serenity had to go to the Cauldron in order for Princess Serenity to be physically born?
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Hana-ko
Pyramidal Crystal

Hana-ko

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : give a sailor yell!

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Queen Serenity at the Galaxy Cauldron    Theory: Queen Serenity at the Galaxy Cauldron  I_icon_minitime30th June 2011, 11:16 pm

it reminds me of the amazons in a way. the queen's husband was never mentioned, at all, in the manga or the anime. the amazons only met with men to reproduce, but anyway. in one of the episode's, usagi's star seed is revealed, but it's the gizenshou rather than a seed-like image we saw through out the anime/manga. so, yes the crystal is her star seed. now, perhaps the queen used her own crystal to "give birth to" serenity? this whole thing is tricky, because of the way naoko wrote it. she left many loop holes and loose ends. but bare with me for a while longer.

ok, in the anime/manga, when usagi's transformation fails [she can't use her tiara, and her brooch isn't responding] she meets with the queen who tells her, "THAT silver crystal isn't as strong as it used to be" or something along those lines. usagi strengthened it with her own will, and everything else. the crystal passes through those of the moon, or those born of the moon, royal blood, etc.

now, it was stated that the galaxy cauldron was the place where starseeds, meaning people, senshi, animals, etc were born. starseeds = life force, pretty much, so in essence their souls, perhaps? say the "shell" was the soul of serenity, and the star seed inside, serenity's own crystal?

why was she there? perhaps she was celibate, and decided to take a more direct approach of birth? idk, the whole galaxy cauldron is tricky, since naoko never actually claimed all life came from it, as in not just the soul, but actual birth-birth. so, the queen carried the delicate star seed within the shell, and brought the unborn serenity to the cauldron, in hopes that she would be born into her daughter?

auhg, it's all very tricky. the story line says in the beginning that serenity and the senshi were killed [in the manga, serenity killed herself but anyway], sent back to the earth to be reborn, and then the galaxy cauldron comes along and kinda kills that notion of birth. it would have made more sense if the queen went to the cauldron with ALL of the senshi's star seeds [including serenity's and endymion's], had them reborn there, or sent them there. it would have made soo much more sense with the whole rebirth thing, and would have made the stars arc less complicated.
Back to top Go down
http://ai-no-hana.tumblr.com/

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Queen Serenity at the Galaxy Cauldron    Theory: Queen Serenity at the Galaxy Cauldron  I_icon_minitime1st July 2011, 8:13 am

In the manga, when Tuxedo Kamen takes a pretty decent hit for Sailor Moon, he "dies" and we see Usagi crying over his body before the Imperial Silver Crystal appears, and then is split up as a small piece falls into Tuxedo Kamen. After this happened, Luna (I think Luna, maybe Queen Serenity) says that the crystal isnt at full power because part of it is with Tuxedo Kamen and needs to be reclaimed.

Perhaps this is the same thing? The crystal wasn't at full strength for Usagi because Queen Serenity used it to create/power up Princess Serenity's start seed, and so part of it remained within the princess and part of it remained with the Queen, until her death when the other half would be passed on to the rest of the crystal, increasing it's power?
Back to top Go down
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

Title : Lady of the Forums

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Queen Serenity at the Galaxy Cauldron    Theory: Queen Serenity at the Galaxy Cauldron  I_icon_minitime1st July 2011, 11:42 am

Sailor Mars wrote:
In the manga, when Tuxedo Kamen takes a pretty decent hit for Sailor Moon, he "dies" and we see Usagi crying over his body before the Imperial Silver Crystal appears, and then is split up as a small piece falls into Tuxedo Kamen. After this happened, Luna (I think Luna, maybe Queen Serenity) says that the crystal isnt at full power because part of it is with Tuxedo Kamen and needs to be reclaimed.

Perhaps this is the same thing? The crystal wasn't at full strength for Usagi because Queen Serenity used it to create/power up Princess Serenity's start seed, and so part of it remained within the princess and part of it remained with the Queen, until her death when the other half would be passed on to the rest of the crystal, increasing it's power?

Ooooh, Good catch! I like this thought.

To be honest this subject isn't something I agonized over, but so far Mar's makes the most sense in my head.
Back to top Go down
http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://alittlemisscurious.deviantart.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Queen Serenity at the Galaxy Cauldron    Theory: Queen Serenity at the Galaxy Cauldron  I_icon_minitime1st July 2011, 11:52 am

Sailor Mars wrote:

Good point! This would make the most sense. It seems the user of the crystal can also make it their own, kind of what Chibi-Usa did when she cried her own crystal. I think the most plausible idea would be that QS got the starseed from the cauldron but held part of the starseeds power as Princess Serenity grew. Then with the attack on the Moon Kingdom by Metallia and the death of everyone, Serenity sacrificed herself to give the rest of the power for them to all be reborn at the same time and to give the rest of the power to Princess Serenity.
Back to top Go down
Hana-ko
Pyramidal Crystal

Hana-ko

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : give a sailor yell!

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Queen Serenity at the Galaxy Cauldron    Theory: Queen Serenity at the Galaxy Cauldron  I_icon_minitime5th July 2011, 3:24 am

I'm just going to post what was said on another thread on the forum.

Ai-No-Hana wrote:
Sailor Jupiter wrote:
I agree with Siren -- I do not think Serenity was ever meant to become a Senshi. And like Brit-chan says, I think Usagi became Sailor Moon due to Queen Sereinty's wishes when she died. After she sealed away Metalia, I think the Queen realized that her seal was weakened and would not be able to hold back the evil for long. Therefore, some one would need to defeat the enemy in the future. I believe that the Moon Kingdom bloodline is the only one who can wield the Silver Crystal (and has the strength to survive its power), which is why Queen Serenity knew that her reincarnated daughter would have to become a senshi, Sailor Moon.

As to Nehelenia's statement about Queen Serenity coming from a different world -- I have no idea. I've read through the manga repeatedly and I just can not figure it out. I do not know if it was some twisted kind of line from her out of spite or jealousy, or if it was a metaphor or what.

Nehelenia says that she is a queen from a moon, so maybe Queen Serenity was from a distant Moon Kingdom and for some reason had to travel to the one near Earth. This kind of theory could tie into why Serenity was at the Galaxy Cauldron -- she could have gone their to birth the Princess before she settled on the Earth's Moon. But I really do not know.

^^^I really liked all of what I read. It would make sense.
Since we see the inner senshi in their fuku's but not Serenity, I think that theory is correct. I don't think the princess was meant to fight as a senshi, but thanks to how things turned out it had to be done.

selene coming from another moon would make perfect sense, there's not much else I can say lol.
Back to top Go down
http://ai-no-hana.tumblr.com/
MercuryLove
Star Seed

MercuryLove

Star Seed

Title : Mercury Aqua Rhapshody

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Queen Serenity at the Galaxy Cauldron    Theory: Queen Serenity at the Galaxy Cauldron  I_icon_minitime5th July 2011, 5:36 pm

Well, the notion that Queen Serenity comes from a distant Galaxy is highly validated by the existence of other senshi outside of the Solar System.

It's possible that The Silver Millennium was founded in ancient times considering that in the Manga as well as the Anime the situation on the Earth based it way around B.C. So it's possible the Kingdom was there long before people flourished on the Earth.

Queen Serenity is an enigmatic being and I think this is one of the ways Naoko wanted her to remain. She's an ethereal being from a distant Universe that wished to end the Chaos that surrounded the Universe. After Neherenia was banished to the mirror world due interrupting the celebration of Princess Serenity's birth. Queen Serenity said something very interesting she stated that as long as there is light darkness will always be there. So it's probable that she birthed Serenity out of her own star seed in the Galaxy's strongest source of Light, The Galaxy Cauldron just to create a being that would surpass all others in power and love.

I love Mar's statement which I think is most likely. Queen Serenity did not expect for the destruction and Chaos to consume so rapidly the peace she had created. That might be why Princess Serenity was utterly defenseless in the first Arc. She wasn't meant to fully awaken or receive the Power of the Ginzenshou till her death, because it's passed down from heir to heir.

The crystal in all the episodes was seen molding and altering its shape to with the user. Queen Serenity's Crystal was round when fully activated. Princess Serenity fully used Crystal would either take the shape of a diamond or the shape of a fully bloomed Lotus. Chibi-usa's Crystal was pink and had the shape of a diamond. So it's possible that the star seeds of the heirs to the moon kingdom don't have a specific shape.

This would also explain why Queen Serenity was at the Galaxy Cauldron with her own star seed looking to bare an heir. Using her own power and the empty shell of a star seed (Which I'm guessing could be the unborn fetus of Princess Serenity inside of her) she created the next heir to the Ginzenshou and the Moon Kingdom. So I think its possible that there was a King of the Moon cause if Princess Serenity has a King, I'm pretty sure Queen Serenity had one too. They both defended love, justice and Peace so its not improbable that she had a lover. *o* (Maybe he died in some dramatic scene on her original home world and she fled impregnated with Serenity looking to establish a new kingdom where her daughter could grow in peace.)

So Many theories! Naoko Help us! xD
Back to top Go down
http://poeticattribute.tumblr.com
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Queen Serenity at the Galaxy Cauldron    Theory: Queen Serenity at the Galaxy Cauldron  I_icon_minitime13th December 2011, 12:10 am

If Cosmos is the antithesis to Chaos...

Perhaps Sailor Cosmos, Usagi, Chibiusa and Queen Serenity are incarnations of the same star seed, in the same way Chaos is able to create separate entities at the same time. For example, it is quite clear that Chaos was able to infect Galaxia's body at the same time Chaos was being Death Phantom. From time periods we can make the assumption that Queen Nehellenia and Queen Metalia also existed at the same time, yet they're all incarnations.

Guardian Cosmos can be compared to Guardian Venus or Guardian Jupiter and the like, that she is the guardian of the Cosmos seed, which in this theory is synonymous to the Ginzuishou and Queen Serenity perhaps required the power of Guardian Cosmos to create a new incarnation of Cosmos...

So perhaps the Moon Matriarchy are really just incarnations of the same star seed ready to take over the power when the time is right. This would explain why Queen Serenity doesn't seem to have a husband, while Usagi does. Usagi and Queen Serenity are not reincarnations of one another, they wouldn't share memories or minds, they'd simply be separate entities created by the same seed.

Does that make sense to anyone? What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
JoJiaMystie
Lotus Crystal

JoJiaMystie

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC Official Galaxia Sama

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Queen Serenity at the Galaxy Cauldron    Theory: Queen Serenity at the Galaxy Cauldron  I_icon_minitime13th December 2011, 5:28 am

Sailor Jupiter wrote:
Is there possibly something in the Cauldron that "activates" the full birth of these star seeds? Maybe QUeen Serenity had to go to the Cauldron in order for Princess Serenity to be physically born?

Maybe! I've been telling myself something similar too. As if when a new star is born in the Cauldron, there is also someone in the Universe somewhere, chosen to be it's protector, its``Mother`` somehow. There might be this moment where the ``Mother`` feels she is the chosen one right away, maybe only a warm feeling inside of her just like when you know you are pregnant.

Or, she feels something inside of her being the baby growing, but that baby was ``chosen`` to own the crystal who's still in the Cauldron???

The more I think of it, the more confused I get Wink LOL
Back to top Go down
http://SunBaby17.wixsite.com/jiaartistetatoueur http://jojiamystie.deviantart.com
SailorStarWind
Pyramidal Crystal

SailorStarWind

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : DEAD ACCOUNT left anime fandom to study

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Queen Serenity at the Galaxy Cauldron    Theory: Queen Serenity at the Galaxy Cauldron  I_icon_minitime13th December 2011, 3:16 pm

Princess Serenity- except for her age- looks just like Queen Serenity, whereas Chibi-Usa is different from them both. That does leave open the possibility that Serenity #2 is an asexually-produced clone of Serenity #1; Serenity #3 (Chibi-Usa) would differ from the first two due to additional genetic information from a father. Also, #2's crystal is about the same as #1's, whereas #3's is pink and (in the remake, at least) appears to be shaped differently. Her frozen state of growth could be a side-effect of having two parents, with her genetics screwing up whatever normally makes Mooners immortal.

It's weird to imagine that in human-like beings, even in a manga, but there are snakes, sharks and some insects (I think aphids?) wherein females can birth clones of themselves if males aren't available. HOWEVER, I recall that Naoko once said in an interview (I forget which, but I read it quoted in an anime magazine years ago)- she said in reply to a question of whether Haruka/Michiru would ever marry (the magazine said that it was a popular question from American fans)- she replied something like "Of course not- then there would be no second generation of senshi." *IF* the quote is real, then that would mean either (1) senshi have to have fathers or (2) the cloning thing was something that Serenity #1 could do, but is not something most other senshi can do. It's also possible that the quote is fake, but I remember reading it vividly, because my thought at the time was "THE SHIPPERS ARE GOING TO BE FURIOUS." The Moon lineage super-powerful, though, so it's possible that the normal "rules" don't apply to them. Usagi, in particular, has the greatest super-power of all: beloved main character status with a healthy dose of still-likeable-Mary-Sue. She can't die (at least, permanently.)

I think Naoko intentionally left it vague- and it's possible that her idea of what happened changed as the (long-running) series progressed. I think that early on in the series, the Crystal wasn't something every senshi had, nor was it in effect a "soul" or life-force; but around SuperS to StarS that seems to be the case. It's possible that any seeming discontinuities are the result of her changing her mind- or, that she just didn't think much of Serenity #1. As awesome as S#1 is, she's still kind of a minor character, as screentime goes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Queen Serenity at the Galaxy Cauldron    Theory: Queen Serenity at the Galaxy Cauldron  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Theory: Queen Serenity at the Galaxy Cauldron

View previous topic View next topic Back to top