The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

'ello! ^^

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Paprika
Lotus Crystal

Paprika

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of Chibis

'ello! ^^ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'ello! ^^   'ello! ^^ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11th October 2011, 8:02 am

Sailor Jupiter wrote:
My, my, welcome indeed! I am so glad to see you chatting away with everyone here so soon. Smile

Your major sounds so interesting! I love the arts so I always get quite excited when I see a fellow tinker in the arts. Razz I hope that you will share your work with us! What kind of graphic design do you like to do? I'd love to see your drawings too! Very Happy

Have you been watching this season of Project Runway? What do you think of it? Have a favorite?

Welcome again, and if you have any questions/concerns/anything, do be sure to PM me!

Thanks for the welcome! ^^ I will definitely try to share some artwork with everyone. As for graphic design, I really enjoy printmaking and layout design the most.

I have absolutely been watching this season of Project Runway and I must say that my favorites right now are Anya and Kimberly. While I do like this season, my favorite seasons of PR are 4 and 5 as I think the designers really pushed the limits in those particular seasons.
Back to top Go down
http://www.paprika-studios.com
Paprika
Lotus Crystal

Paprika

Lotus Crystal

'ello! ^^ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'ello! ^^   'ello! ^^ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11th October 2011, 8:06 am

Reiko wrote:
I haven't seen any of his other works but, damn, Paprika was quite a film. I'd be open to seeing more of his work--any recommendations?

Brit-chan wrote:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satoshi_Kon has a list of his works. Paranoia Agent was an awesome series, but odd. I was really saddened when I learned he died last year. Sad

Other than Paprika, I actually do recommend Paranoia Agent as well as Prefect Blue (keep in mind though that Prefect Blue has a dark theme to it).

It was sad to hear of his passing last year. Our local convention actually did a homage to him on their front page when they heard about it.
Back to top Go down
Toft
Pyramidal Crystal

Toft

Pyramidal Crystal

'ello! ^^ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'ello! ^^   'ello! ^^ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11th October 2011, 8:18 am

Perfect Blue was one of the first anime films I saw, since the library had it. I had no idea about the kind of conventions and visual language anime generally used, and then Satoshi Kon was also the master of mindfuck, and I was just like, ..............O_____________O WHAT DID I WATCH.

But I was fascinated. XD

Back to top Go down
http://tofsla.dreamwidth.org
Paprika
Lotus Crystal

Paprika

Lotus Crystal

'ello! ^^ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'ello! ^^   'ello! ^^ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11th October 2011, 8:23 am

Toft wrote:
Perfect Blue was one of the first anime films I saw, since the library had it. I had no idea about the kind of conventions and visual language anime generally used, and then Satoshi Kon was also the master of mindfuck, and I was just like, ..............O_____________O WHAT DID I WATCH.

But I was fascinated. XD

'ello! ^^ - Page 2 2041938683 That's what I thought when I first watched Lain so the feeling is mutal ^^
Back to top Go down
LunaOsa
Lotus Crystal

LunaOsa

Lotus Crystal

'ello! ^^ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'ello! ^^   'ello! ^^ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime11th October 2011, 4:02 pm

Welcome! Sorry this is a bit late. I hope you enjoy your time here. It's nice to meet you!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/YoungAngel38?feature=mhee
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

'ello! ^^ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'ello! ^^   'ello! ^^ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th October 2011, 7:41 am

Paprika wrote:
Thanks for the welcome! ^^ I will definitely try to share some artwork with everyone. As for graphic design, I really enjoy printmaking and layout design the most.

I have absolutely been watching this season of Project Runway and I must say that my favorites right now are Anya and Kimberly. While I do like this season, my favorite seasons of PR are 4 and 5 as I think the designers really pushed the limits in those particular seasons.

You do printmaking? Hm, which kind though? Do you mean like the authentic medium with etching and a printmaking press or more creating graphics and then printing them? I realize that that sounds like the most air-headed question that one could ask. XD

I would love to see your layout designs though! Do you do the coding as well?

I am enjoying this season of PR more and more now that it is getting to the end. It's getting really interesting! I have to admit that my favorite is the first season. The characters were just too classic. XD Austin? Oh gosh, that whole final crew (and Wendy??) were just too awesome. There was another season, I am drawing a blank here, but there was a very tall fellow who had a deep voice and did impressions of Tim Gunn? Oh gosh, I died from the hilariousness of it all.
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Paprika
Lotus Crystal

Paprika

Lotus Crystal

'ello! ^^ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'ello! ^^   'ello! ^^ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime13th October 2011, 8:49 am

Sailor Jupiter wrote:
Paprika wrote:

You do printmaking? Hm, which kind though? Do you mean like the authentic medium with etching and a printmaking press or more creating graphics and then printing them? I realize that that sounds like the most air-headed question that one could ask. XD

I would love to see your layout designs though! Do you do the coding as well?

I am enjoying this season of PR more and more now that it is getting to the end. It's getting really interesting! I have to admit that my favorite is the first season. The characters were just too classic. XD Austin? Oh gosh, that whole final crew (and Wendy??) were just too awesome. There was another season, I am drawing a blank here, but there was a very tall fellow who had a deep voice and did impressions of Tim Gunn? Oh gosh, I died from the hilariousness of it all.

Hehe ^^ Not at all. I actually love questions so it doesn't seem air-headed to me.

I was introduced to printmaking by etching when I was still in high school; I went to a magnet art school. The same teacher who helped me discovered a love for painting, introduced me to "etching". I also LOVED experimenting using this method on different medium types so it was a lot of fun for me and like I said, I ended up having a love for it. Unfortunately though, when my hand shaking issue occured a lot of things changed for me and that included printmaking. So now I pretty much do printmkaing by creating graphics and then printing them. This issue has actual made me very doubtful of my traditional mediums when I do them.

I will be sure to post up a link to my portfolio website when I'm done. ^^ I am right now in the works of designing it and figuring out what I want to do for the coding/functionality part of it. And yes I do do coding...when I'm not lazy about it. lol! Although I plan to take a class for a refresher in ActionScript 3 soon because I also do flash layout designs but I used the old AS2 coding. So hopefully I'll get some more flash designs under my belt soon with the updated actionscript.

You're talking about Santino!! I love Santino! And I think this is the clip you're talking about: youtube.com/watch?v=FzUH6wjU46A[/youtube]

He was a TRIP the entire season so I can share a fondness for that season. ^^ And I agree that this season definitely has been more enjoyable since it is nearing the end. I swear this was the one season where everyone was either paranoid or wanting to seem to fight more ^^; Especially during the team challenges.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

'ello! ^^ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'ello! ^^   'ello! ^^ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'ello! ^^

View previous topic View next topic Back to top