The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread   Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st April 2017, 6:37 pm

Big Bird wrote:
I think a music player would be cool, but I would have to say it needs to be not on auto play. I think as an OPTION it's a great idea, but I don't want to startle people and it's a bit of a pain to pause immediately every time I visit the site.
Not to mention, it also significantly slows down the site. Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread - Page 2 1948543417

I like the idea though! Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread - Page 2 1955989781
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread   Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st April 2017, 7:01 pm

Oh that's odd. It hasn't slowed down the site much for me. :O And definitely no to auto play, that's annoying. xD Annnd I have practically all the SM music ever downloaded if anyone needs it. Either that or I know where to get it from. xD
Back to top Go down
Andalusite
Lotus Crystal

Andalusite

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Eudial

PostSubject: Re: Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread   Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st April 2017, 7:20 pm

Brit-chan wrote:
Oh that's odd. It hasn't slowed down the site much for me. :O
Which browser are you using? I'm on Firefox.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread   Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st April 2017, 7:21 pm

I'm using FF as well. And I've got adblock and noscript as my adons but I allowed all the scripts for GC...and no issues. :/
Back to top Go down
Sailor Nebula
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Nebula

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Minecraft Queen

PostSubject: Re: Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread   Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime25th April 2017, 7:41 am

Brit-chan wrote:
I got a Discord suggestion!  I was thinking, if enough members were interested, we had a channel just for like Music recommendations?  Like basically a place to spam music and suggest stuff we're listening to?  We could totally do it in the official chat but i thought it'd be cool to have a place to do it specifically.

There is a music bot that you can get for discord where you can stream music from YouTube in a voice channel. To keep people's music requests from spamming chat you can make a separate discord text channel for people to input what songs they want to hear. I've seen it used on a few discord servers and the people on there love it.
Back to top Go down
http://pixelwands.enjin.com/profile/10554846 http://acciojennifer.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/AccioJennifer
Celest
Lotus Crystal

Celest

Lotus Crystal

Title : official sailor kakyuu lover ☆

PostSubject: Re: Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread   Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime25th April 2017, 11:04 am

I would LOOOVE a music channel!!!! I listen to a lot of music while I'm on the computer so it's something that'd be awesome to have T^T
Back to top Go down
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

PostSubject: Re: Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread   Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime26th April 2017, 7:25 am

Sailor Nebula wrote:
Brit-chan wrote:
I got a Discord suggestion!  I was thinking, if enough members were interested, we had a channel just for like Music recommendations?  Like basically a place to spam music and suggest stuff we're listening to?  We could totally do it in the official chat but i thought it'd be cool to have a place to do it specifically.

There is a music bot that you can get for discord where you can stream music from YouTube in a voice channel. To keep people's music requests from spamming chat you can make a separate discord text channel for people to input what songs they want to hear. I've seen it used on a few discord servers and the people on there love it.

Brit, the music club is actually specifically for that, so you might want to head to the clubhouse and check them out!

We would love to add bots but there's an issue of us needing to pay for a server to host the bots, otherwise they're only able to function while the user hosting the bot is online. Maybe a music club leader could host the bot? I'm not 100% sure how this works so I'm going to investigate further and confer with the music club leaders/sailor venus!
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread   Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime26th April 2017, 7:32 am

I actually joined the music club but my suggestion was more for all the forum members in general since the club seems more geared towards discussion and not all the members on discord can see that chat unless they are in the club.

I'm not sure which bots Sailor Nebula is talking about, but I have added the Aether Bot to another Discord Server I'm admin on, and I didn't have to pay for anything. I don't think I have to be online for the bot to stay on either. However, with the Aether Bot the way it does music is streaming from youtube links (and maybe direct links to mp3?) and I never found it worked too well, imo. I'm not familiar with other bot services so those may run differently.
Back to top Go down
Celest
Lotus Crystal

Celest

Lotus Crystal

Title : official sailor kakyuu lover ☆

PostSubject: Re: Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread   Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st May 2017, 11:19 am

Another discord related idea - have we ever thought about adding custom emotes/emojis that are sailor moon related? Honestly I wouldn't mind taking on the project of searching for screen caps for the perfect sm emotes to use and make them.
Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread - Page 2 1434556979
Back to top Go down
Starchild
Lotus Crystal

Starchild

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Leek & JunJun/Sailor Juno

PostSubject: Re: Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread   Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st May 2017, 11:43 am

I second Celests idea. Also I wouldn't mind helping, if you need it.
Back to top Go down
http://starchild.seaofserenity.net/ http://piscean-phantom.tumblr.com https://www.deviantart.com/the-saltiest-leek
Sailor Jupiter
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Relations Director

Sailor Jupiter

Inner Senshi Admin  Member Relations Director

Title : *~Jupes | Jupi~*

PostSubject: Re: Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread   Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1st May 2017, 1:06 pm

Celest wrote:
Another discord related idea - have we ever thought about adding custom emotes/emojis that are sailor moon related? Honestly I wouldn't mind taking on the project of searching for screen caps for the perfect sm emotes to use and make them.
Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread - Page 2 1434556979

Yes! I've definitely been wanting to do this since Discord added the ability recently. It used to be a pain in the butt and you needed a Twitch account and a whole bunch of stuff but I think they changed it? If you guys are interested in this, just feel free to PM or DM me about it!

We pretty much did something similar when Andi added her emoji to the site, she just kind of came up with the idea, we approved it and uploaded it, so I think we're okay to do that here, but just know Queenie always gets final approval. Wink
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread   Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime24th October 2018, 9:59 am

Forum Smilies suggestion: Is there any way a few of the more commonly used emojis from Discord or our phones be added? I'm thinking like the hearts and the laughing/crying ones

I've used this website to save img files of emojis before, it's pretty much got every version from every platform. https://emojipedia.org/people/ The images would just need to be resized to be more like these: Very Happy

Back to top Go down
nm___i3bfc
Lotus Crystal

nm___i3bfc

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Sailor Kakyuu

PostSubject: Re: Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread   Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime14th September 2019, 12:25 pm

Would we still be allowed to log in after the forum is closed? It would be nice to have access to the hidden subforums and the account archive option (as that takes a little while to let you get your download data link). Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread - Page 2 2422052349
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread   Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime15th September 2019, 3:14 pm

^ I was wondering about the additional archives as well. 

And just for clarification on my part, we would no longer be able to post new threads and responses, correct? And this is happening on September 22?
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Diagnosed
Lotus Crystal

Diagnosed

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread   Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th September 2019, 6:18 pm

If I were you, I would be exporting my personal data *now*. You can find that option on your profile edit page near the bottom. It takes a few days for the request to process through forumotion. Be sure to click the confirm link in your email as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosplay.com/member/17252/ https://m.youtube.com/user/lemonsama52/videos
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

Title : Lady of the Forums

PostSubject: Re: Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread   Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime18th September 2019, 1:09 am

nm___i3bfc wrote:
Would we still be allowed to log in after the forum is closed? It would be nice to have access to the hidden subforums and the account archive option (as that takes a little while to let you get your download data link). Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread - Page 2 2422052349

You will still be able to log in. We will not be able to recover your login password or information though. You will not be able to post new things. You will have access to everything you do now, you will not be able to post tho. I will more than likely open up a few areas of the forums to all members, such as the celebration archives.

Cosmos-Hime wrote:
^ I was wondering about the additional archives as well. 

And just for clarification on my part, we would no longer be able to post new threads and responses, correct? And this is happening on September 22?

I don't have a specific date, it's when I can find the time for the amount of work that it will be and maybe sporadic.
Back to top Go down
http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://alittlemisscurious.deviantart.com/
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread   Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th September 2019, 1:31 pm

Neo Queen Serenity wrote:
I don't have a specific date, it's when I can find the time for the amount of work that it will be and maybe sporadic.
Could we at least get a 12 or 24 hour notice beforehand-that way people can be sure they've gotten whatever they need to complete done before it's locked for good?
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

Title : Lady of the Forums

PostSubject: Re: Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread   Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime20th September 2019, 10:05 pm

I'm afraid that the 3 months heads up, the notice when we moved over to discord, the notice I posted on the 17th of September and the deadline we gave of Sept 22nd are going to have to be enough. I am working on them when I have time so I can't give you exact notice. However it's already in the process. Again, no one is losing access to anything that needs to be saved since you can still log in and everything will be visible. 

If you do find any specific issues please ping an admin to let us know.
Back to top Go down
http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://alittlemisscurious.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread   Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official GC Ideas and Suggestions Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top