The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!*

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!* Empty
PostSubject: THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!*   THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!* I_icon_minitime8th February 2014, 5:34 pm

Click here to listen to inspiring music while reading!:

There is lots of fanfare, trumpets blaring, confetti exploding all around in a giant Arena in the middle of the Galaxy Cauldron. The arena is filled with people of all types from across the Galaxy. Some are Sailor Soldiers, some nefarious villains that once were a threat to the universe. This is the one event where everyone comes together as one to compete and find out who the true champions of the universe are!

The Olympic Theme plays loudly. A group of familiar looking women walk across the stage all wearing flowing gowns of red, blue, green, yellow, white, and pink. The youngest one, in pink and matching pink hair, comes to the main stand with the microphone. She opens her arms wide and with a giant smile begins speaking to the large crowd in the Arena.

We humbly welcome everyone that has come far and wide for the Galaxy Cauldron First Annual Olympic Games!
THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!* Olympic_zps6897680f

First and foremost, if you haven’t signed up for this, you SHOULD. Do it now, right HERE.

THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!* 4011577294THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!* 4011577294 THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!* 4011577294

Want to find out what you’re actually signing up for? Read on!

The Games will officially start on February 17th but pre-game activities are already open.

Everyone who has signed up has been randomly assigned to a team, and for the duration of the Olympics Games this like your family. Your name will change to the color of your team and you’ll be working together to win as many medals as possible. You each have you very own special board for you to chat and strategize in.You should also display your pride in your team with these awesome bumpers:

THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!* BumYD0eTHE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!* V8Po09nTHE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!* A8uy5M3THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!* ZhbqiDRTHE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!* O3DaqpI

There is currently a Team Poster Design Contest, Team Uniform Design Contest, Senshi Design Contest, and Olympic Ring Contest.

Go ahead and start making plans with your teammates! We look forward to seeing everyone's designs!!

THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!* 4011577294THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!* 4011577294 THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!* 4011577294

So how does it work?
A variety of activities will be taking place during the course of the Olympic Games, including a mix of flash games, forum-based games and puzzle/printable games, so there should be something for everyone! The more games you enter, the more chance you have at winning medals for your team. Encourage your team members to take part – T E A M  S P I R I T !!

Ok, ok, I’m taking part – but how does my team win?
Events will be judged by our impartial judges – Small Lady’s Pinkateer’s. Each event will have a Gold, Silver and Bronze place. The medals have a points based system, which at the end of the games, we will total up to determine the overall winner and champion of the games..
Gold = 30 Points
Silver = 20 Points
Bronze = 10 Points

A medals/score table will be kept updated and be available to view in a special thread (which will be made when the games start).
The winning team at the end of the Galaxy Cauldron Olympic Games will be the team with the highest total score.

Sounds awesome! What are the prizes?
As mentioned, each event will be awarded a Gold, Silver and Bronze medal. You are encouraged to display your PERSONAL awards in your Signature, from your own wins (not your teams).

You can display them underneath your siggy picture, like this:

Quote :
THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!* 5akxeg_zps349057ef

0 x THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!* 125nejq¦ 2 x THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!* Apjz41¦ 1 x THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!* 1p84e8

Code that you can use:
Code:
[center]0 x [img]http://i62.tinypic.com/125nejq.png[/img] ¦ 0 x [img]http://i59.tinypic.com/apjz41.png[/img] ¦ 0 x [img]http://i58.tinypic.com/1p84e8.png[/img][/center]

This way you can contribute to your team, but also show off your awesome personal Olympian skillz.
Each event you participate in, you’ll also receive a gorgeous bumper to add to your signature/bumper rotation.
The winning team will also get a totally awesome prize, and there MIGHT be some additional prizes at the end too. =p

Oooh is this like some sort of RP event?

No, not really, this isn't affiliated with the RP events in the RP section and it is not a requirement to roleplay during this event. HOWEVER, we encourage and will allow people to light roleplay as they play games (because this is for fun!) So if you want to come up with your own character or play as your own forum persona, feel free to do so! If you even get so inspired that you create a character with a doll maker, post it in your team's area to share with everyone!  

THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!* 4011577294THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!* 4011577294 THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!* 4011577294

Sounds, awesome! Sign me up!
See, that’s the spirit. Remember, you can sign up HERE and you’ll be placed in your team.  
Take part, win points for your team, and have fun!

Now let the games begin!

(Thanks to SenshiRei for writing this and Small Lady for modifying it as needed!)

Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!*   THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!* I_icon_minitime8th February 2014, 10:18 pm

Also if you have any questions ask them here! Smile
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!*   THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!* I_icon_minitime23rd February 2014, 10:59 am

How is everyone enjoying our Olympic games? Week 1 is about to wrap up tomorrow and week 2 will begin with new games and fun! So keep checking back at the GC Olympics and don't forget to cheer your team on in the Arena!
Back to top Go down
Tiny Kitten
Diana Emeritus

Tiny Kitten

Diana Emeritus

Title : I live between the lands of Fantasy and Delusion. Seren's wifey <333

PostSubject: Re: THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!*   THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!* I_icon_minitime23rd February 2014, 11:02 am

It's awesome!! It's a lot of fun to participate in the games and there's something for everyone ^^ I'm really glad you guys decided to do this and look forward to participating in the years to come =D
Back to top Go down
http://kayariah.tumblr.com/ http://kayariahanime.tumblr.com/
SenshiRei
Lotus Crystal

SenshiRei

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Official Rei Hino of GC ❤

PostSubject: Re: THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!*   THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!* I_icon_minitime23rd February 2014, 11:12 am

Brit I am having awesome fun! There really is something for everyone and it's good to cheer on your team especially when your team is whipping everyone else's chibi. =p
Back to top Go down
Http://senshirei.tumblr.com http://senshirei.tumblr.com
sailor swifty
Lotus Crystal

sailor swifty

Lotus Crystal

Title : Space Princess

PostSubject: Re: THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!*   THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!* I_icon_minitime24th February 2014, 8:38 pm

it's fun
Back to top Go down
http://serenitysmoonpalace.com/palace/index.php http://sailor-swifty.tumblr.com/
PockyPants
Pyramidal Crystal

PockyPants

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!*   THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!* I_icon_minitime1st March 2014, 5:04 pm

I've been having lots of fun as well! Honestly I didn't think I'd get this into it.  THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!* 3884866259 

Although I'm wondering... when will the score board be updated? It'd be nice to know where we all stand currently! Plus I'm all anxious about it, worried something might get overlooked.  

Also how does the points system work? Is it different per activity? If it's not then um maybe you should consider that some activities are more difficult/tedious than others?  (Perfect Example: hard mode coloring I lost sleep over, took two whole days... easy mode I did in 30 minutes)

I kind of thought we at least got participation points but really now that I'm looking at this again I guess not... I've been wasting my time on some stuff lol

Speaking of which, did some of the pre-game stuff not count towards anything? 

UGH but this is just me over thinking EVERYTHING like always. I don't like being left out in the blue.   THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!* 3978041997 

Also when will the games be ending?
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/maskprops
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!*   THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!* I_icon_minitime2nd March 2014, 11:25 am

PockyPants wrote:
I've been having lots of fun as well! Honestly I didn't think I'd get this into it.  THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!* 3884866259 

Although I'm wondering... when will the score board be updated? It'd be nice to know where we all stand currently! Plus I'm all anxious about it, worried something might get overlooked.  

Also how does the points system work? Is it different per activity? If it's not then um maybe you should consider that some activities are more difficult/tedious than others?  (Perfect Example: hard mode coloring I lost sleep over, took two whole days... easy mode I did in 30 minutes)

I kind of thought we at least got participation points but really now that I'm looking at this again I guess not... I've been wasting my time on some stuff lol

Speaking of which, did some of the pre-game stuff not count towards anything? 

UGH but this is just me over thinking EVERYTHING like always. I don't like being left out in the blue.   THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!* 3978041997 

Also when will the games be ending?

To answer the last question, we have some games that willbe on going and won't be announced winners until Tuesday. And games like Bingo and the Hunger Games may take some time to wrap up. So chances are, we will be doing all the awards starting next weekend of Mar 8th-9th.

I updated the scoreboard last night and made a spreadsheet on my computer to make updating it easier so I'll be updating again. Smile

Originally, we had just each Gold, Silver, and Bronze equalling the amount of points that was posted in this thread but you made a good point about some games being harder and/or timeconsuming so I believe we will have some games count for double. I won't be updating actual teamscores until that is figured out between Mars and me.

Since this is our first go round with this and wanted to try to keep scorekeeping easy, we decided against no points for participating to keep it easy for us. Honestly, in the real Olympics, you don't get anything for participating, only for getting a medal, so we kinda went with that logic. However, now that we've gotten one of these events under our belt, we will reconsider how the points system for the Olympic Games will work and will figure out something that might work better for next year. ^_^
Back to top Go down
PockyPants
Pyramidal Crystal

PockyPants

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!*   THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!* I_icon_minitime2nd March 2014, 3:53 pm

Oh, so they're just about done? There won't be anything new, just wrapping up what we've got?  I've had fun but I'm kind of glad to move on. I'm sure y'all planning and running it are especially ready! lol

I'm glad to hear y'all have taken my idea into consideration. Since this was your first go around - maybe you could have a 'how'd we do' thread after for people to give additional suggestions on what they liked and/or disliked!  I actually have a few things to contribute, but I'll wait if you plan on doing some kind of discussion! Wink

I understand why participation would not be worth any points. One of the pre-games, Senshi Design Contest, said "The more people on your team to have an entry the more points you'll accumulate!" That is where I got the impression that maybe there was a minimal something for participation. Hence why I bothered with things I know I'm not good at! Maybe better choice of words could of been used there. Not entirely sure what that even meant if it wasn't referring to participation points.
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/maskprops
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!*   THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!* I_icon_minitime2nd March 2014, 5:55 pm

Yeah with that, the host should have double checked with us before posting something like that. I kinda didn't notice since I was busy making sure everything was ready to go before it started.

I was considering making a google drive form with like a little survey for you all to fill out, perhaps that with a discussion thread would be good. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!*   THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!* I_icon_minitime4th March 2014, 1:33 pm

Okay everyone! We are currently wrapping up the GC's First Annual Olympics Games. Most of the games have finished or are currently wrapping up. Once all the medal winners have been turned in, everything will be tallied up and then scoreboard will be updated for the final time.

After that, we will begin the AWARDS CEREMONY. While there is no set date for the awards to start due to waiting on games to finish up, we are aiming to get it started sometime this coming up weekend or next week (which would be week of Mar 15th). ^_^

Please keep an eye out for updates and don't forget to tune into the on going Hunger Games Viewing Room. Who will win? Check out the viewing room to find out!

Back to top Go down
sailor swifty
Lotus Crystal

sailor swifty

Lotus Crystal

Title : Space Princess

PostSubject: Re: THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!*   THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!* I_icon_minitime6th March 2014, 7:57 am

i looked at the hang-man thread and it never said who won the shiny meddles.  so who won?
Back to top Go down
http://serenitysmoonpalace.com/palace/index.php http://sailor-swifty.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!*   THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!* I_icon_minitime8th March 2014, 11:54 am

Since there were 20 rounds of hangman, I have decide to give gOld to who won the most rounds and then 2nd most gets silver, and etc. I'll go post it in the hangman game once i'm done tallying up everyone's points. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!*   THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!* I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE GALAXY CAULDRON'S FIRST ANNUAL OLYMPIC GAMES! *UPDATE!*

View previous topic View next topic Back to top