The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS) Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS)   Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS) I_icon_minitime11th October 2013, 12:32 pm

Note: This thread will contain spoilers of people playing through x/y. If you do not want to be spoiled then you should not read further posts in this thread.

With that out of way, here's the official recent happenings in Pokemon x/y thread. What you do here is post your game progress every so often and comment on what you did recently. If you want to talk about the game but not comment on your playthrough, then you should post in the other X/Y thread. I myself will not be getting the game until tomorrow morning but PallasMercury who preordered his game is playing it now. 

Hope everyone enjoys x/y!
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS)   Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS) I_icon_minitime12th October 2013, 7:30 am

Progress Point #1

Name: Usagi
Team: 
Lv 6: Pikachu
Lv10: Fennekin

Notes: Pikachu will only be used for a little while, but it will come in handy during the 1st Gym, along with Fennekin obviously. Also caught a Caterpie, Scatterbug, Pansear and Pansage. I really like the graphics both in the overworld and during battles.
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS)   Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS) I_icon_minitime12th October 2013, 7:13 pm

Progress Point #2

Badges: #1
Team:
Lv20: Snorlax
Lv20: Honedge
Lv22: Pikachu
Lv22: Floette
Lv23: Wartortle
Lv25: Braixen

Notes: First gym was okay, Pikachu took out Surskit while Fennekin took down Vivillon. The castle with the courtyard wasn't that exciting. Was very happy when I finally found Honedge. Snorlax is very powerful, especially with it's Chip Away attack. Probably won't be using Pikachu for much longer. Probably will replace Wartortle with Skrelp once I get the fishing rod, which I don't know if that will be before or after the 2nd gym. The graphics of Braixen using ember and psybeam are amazing. 

Overall I'm really enjoying the game so far.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS)   Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS) I_icon_minitime12th October 2013, 8:40 pm

I turned off my game so I will post my team tomorrow and progress. Right now I only know 2 out of my 6 pokemon will be with me all the way through.

This game was worth the hype. I am like dead serious. Everything feels refreshing!
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS)   Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS) I_icon_minitime13th October 2013, 2:33 pm

My Status:

Copy: X
Using my real name because of the ability to costmize your character.
Name:Elizabeth
Nickname: Liz
badges: 1

Team:
Honedge: level 18
Pancham: level 18
Skiddo*: level 19
Espurr (Aretmis, male): level 20
Braixen*: level 20
Fletchinder*: level 20

*Pokemon that I know will be my main team. 

Espurr has a nickname because my friend traded with me. I was looking for one couldnt find it so she got it for me and got her a honedge because she couldnt find it. XD Sad thing is I ran into Espurr  afterwards and got it anyway because it was female. I named it Luna (see what Im doing here? XD). I want both forms. 

I will nickname the rest of my team later.

As for the kanto staters I went with Bulbasur because I felt the little guy needed some love. He's in my box right now. I got him to level 13. I may bring him back and evolve him so I can use his mega form. 

After I get the second gym Im going to switch up my team for sure!
Back to top Go down
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS)   Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS) I_icon_minitime14th October 2013, 7:24 am

I've been having SO MUCH FUN. Because my husband and I bought both X and Y; we restarted X four times so that we could each have all of the Kalos and Kanto starters. It took a while, but it was worth it. We'd never want to restart after actually playing devotedly.

I'm enjoying that it automatically adds players as friends if they're registered in your 3DS. And the O-Power is really neat! I've been sending boosts to my friends and passersby.

I love being able to change your character, but I haven't found any clothes that I like yet. (I've already gotten a haircut--cut some bangs in and switched to darker brown.)

Name: Alice♥
Nickname: Walrus
Badges: 1 (Bug)

Current Team:
Zigzagoon♂ (Pupplin) Lv.18
Pikachu♂ (Sparkle) Lv.24
Skiddo♂ (Al Johnson) Lv.22
Pancham♂ (Express) Lv.19
Fletchinder♀ (Joanna) Lv.21
Furfrou♂ (Bonaparte) Lv.27

I've got all my starters to at least Lv.25, so I've stopped using them. I've been switching things out of my team when they hit Lv.25-ish so they don't pass Lv.30. I had to turn off the Exp. Share, too. Right now I'm just trying to evolve some of the earlier Pokemon. I really want Zigzagoon to evolve...but I also love its current weird Zigzagoon shape. It's so fluffy! I'm also hoping Skiddo will evolve, but current information makes it seem like it doesn't evolve with levels? Same for Pancham--I'm not sure how it evolves. I'm going to be swapping them out soon to work on Bunnelby, Azurill, and Bidoof.

I didn't expect it, but Furfrou is one of my favourites! He's a really hard hitter. I had him groomed into the Star shape, and it's awesome. So pretty~ ★

Last edited by Aurae on 14th October 2013, 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed typo--Kalos, not Halos.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS)   Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS) I_icon_minitime14th October 2013, 9:47 am

Progress Report #3

Badges: 2

Pokemon Team
Lv26: Snorlax
Lv26: Aerodactyl
Lv27: Honedge
Lv27: Floette
Lv29: Wartortle
Lv30: Braixen

Notes: Grant was tough even with the higher levels thanks to Exp. Share. Turned off Exp. Share for now. Won't be able to get Skerlp until I get the good rod.
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS)   Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS) I_icon_minitime14th October 2013, 12:09 pm

I'm around in Anistar City around the 7th badge. I can't actually play til the weekend though. However, my team, is in the late 40s/early 50s and consists of:

Chesnaught 
Charizard
Lapras
Nidoqueen
Sylveon
Gardevoir (though I'm super disappointed that I cannot mega evolve her til post Pokemon League)

And my name is my real name thanks to customization!
Which I am having so much fun with. The boutiques are like half the fun for me lmao go figure.
Back to top Go down
PallasMercury
Lotus Crystal

PallasMercury

Lotus Crystal

Title : Proud Male Moonie

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS)   Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS) I_icon_minitime14th October 2013, 12:23 pm

Already 7 badges and just caught Xerneas. Too fast paced for my likings. >.<
Back to top Go down
http://art-a-licious.weebly.com/ http://pallasmercury.tumblr.com http://pallasmercury.deviantart.com
Moonlit Templar
Pyramidal Crystal

Moonlit Templar

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Formerly Medeus

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS)   Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS) I_icon_minitime14th October 2013, 12:56 pm

Progress report:

Name: Stephen (yep, using my real name)
Badges: 1

Team:

Ivysaur (M) - Level 18
Braixen (M) - Level 17
Pidgey (M) - Level 17
Pikachu (F) - Level 16
Panpour (M) - Level 16
Pancham (F) - Level 15

Only Ivysaur and Braixen are sure-shots on my main team. I'm hoping I can get a hold of someone who could trade me Chinchou and Starly to replace Pidgey, Panpour and Pikachu. I'll have to decide on who'll be my last Pokémon.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS)   Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS) I_icon_minitime14th October 2013, 2:27 pm

You guys move fast. O.o 

I'm taking my time because I want to enjoy the game more. Aurae where did you get your haircut?

My Status:

Copy: X
Using my real name because of the ability to costmize your character.
Name:Elizabeth
Nickname: Liz
badges: 2

Team:
Floette: level 19 (Put this guy back on my team to get it evolve. It's so cute!)
Amaura: level 24
Braixen: 24
Skiddo: level 24
Fletchinder: level 25
Artemis (Mewostic, male): level 27

Braixen, Skiddo, and Fletchinder are my team for sure for the elite 4. I am waiting to get eevee so I can raise it to be an Umbreon thus being my 4th permanent pokemon. Slots 5 and 6 will be switch out throughout my journey. 
Back to top Go down
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Dead Moon Queen ❤

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS)   Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS) I_icon_minitime14th October 2013, 4:01 pm

In-Game Name: Lovely
Number of Gym Badges: 8

Current Pokemon Party
Charizard - Level 71
Houndoom - Level 71
Chesnaught - Level 71
Nidoking - Level 71
Gardevoir - Level 71
Lapras - Level 71
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS)   Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS) I_icon_minitime14th October 2013, 4:02 pm

Dang Lust! 0.0;;;
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS)   Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS) I_icon_minitime14th October 2013, 4:33 pm

Progress Report #4

Badges: 4

Team
Lv25: Skrelp
Lv31: Lapras
Lv32: Honedge
Lv32: Aerodactyl
Lv33: Lucario
Lv34: Braixen

Notes: The 3rd Gym Leader was extremely easy. Aerodactyl took out Mienfoo and Machoke and Honedge completely swept Hawlucha with Aerial Ace. The 4th Gym Leader was slightly more difficult but not by much. Finally managed to catch a Skrelp once I got the Good Rod. Skrelp I believe evolves at Lv48 but I'm willing to wait since the Pokemon League levels are in the early-high 60s. Fly's animation in-battle is amazing. Half of my team are weak to electric-attacks so the next gym will likely be more challenging.
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS)   Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS) I_icon_minitime14th October 2013, 5:37 pm

Lust wrote:
Number of Gym Badges: 8

Current Pokemon Party
Charizard - Level 71
Houndoom - Level 71
Chesnaught - Level 71
Nidoking - Level 71
Gardevoir - Level 71
Lapras - Level 71
Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS) No-meme
Back to top Go down
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS)   Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS) I_icon_minitime15th October 2013, 1:54 am

Number of Gym Badges: Elite Four Champion

Current Pokemon Party
Charizard - Level 81
Houndoom - Level 81
Chesnaught - Level 81
Nidoking - Level 82
Gardevoir - Level 83
Lapras - Level 82

Also, just caught Mewtwo and happened to have found a Zoroark in the wild. In the Friend Safari, I found a Charmeleon.
Back to top Go down
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS)   Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS) I_icon_minitime15th October 2013, 6:35 am

Yamichan16 wrote:
Aurae where did you get your haircut?
Luminose City has a salon. It's across the street from the entrance to Route 5. There's a small scissors shop sign.

There are very few hair options, at least with my current status or whatever.

Hair Length:
Short
Medium
Long

Front Hair Style:
Bangs
Sideswept

Colors:
First she asks if you want it darker or lighter than your current colour, and that pulls up different options. I selected "Darker," so she asked if I wanted Brown or Black.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS)   Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS) I_icon_minitime15th October 2013, 12:11 pm

Progress Report #5

Badges: 5

Team
Lv35: Aerodactyl
Lv35: Lapras
Lv36: Doublade
Lv37: Skrelp
Lv37: Lucario
Lv38: Delphox

Notes: The fifth gym was less difficult than I feared it would be.
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS)   Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS) I_icon_minitime15th October 2013, 12:18 pm

I just got Xerneas. Woo!

I have a little bit of downtime today to play (what luck!). 

And I'm also planning my Pokemon Y team for when I get Y. If any of you are playing Y, please do tell me Yvetal's role in the game/what he is associated with. I don't mean "oh he was captured by Team Flare", I mean, is he associated with death? What?
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS)   Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS) I_icon_minitime16th October 2013, 12:35 pm

Progress Report #6

Badges: 6

Pokemon Team
Lv40: Aerodactyl
Lv40: Lapras
Lv40: Doublade
Lv40: Skrelp
Lv41: Lucario
Lv42: Delphox

Notes: The fairy gym was so cool. Sylveon was annoying to take out however.

EDIT: Just caught a Pawniard which I will now use instead of Lucario. Lucario is slightly overused (especially since you get one with it's Mega Evolution item), and I would like to use a Dark type pokemon. Pawniard will sweep the upcoming Psychic and Ice type gyms.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS)   Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS) I_icon_minitime16th October 2013, 3:15 pm

I have 4 badges now and my team is coming along nicely. I finally got my eevee. A friend told me where they were so I had to backtrack before getting the 4th badge to get one. I didnt want the little guy to fall behind. It was a pain looking for it, but luckily he didnt put a big fight. Now I am waiting for night fall to beat the Power Plant. That way my eevee will level up and evolve into Umbreon. 

So since I have to wait to battle I did some random stuff to help boredom. I did some super training, planted berries, changed my outfit, nicknamed my gen 6 pokemon, and downloaded Torchic.

Lucario is overused, but I cant help use him because of he wanted to join you on your journey. Besides I have never used him.
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS)   Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS) I_icon_minitime16th October 2013, 3:59 pm

Yamichan16 wrote:
Lucario is overused, but I cant help use him because of he wanted to join you on your journey. Besides I have never used him.
I have no issue with anyone else using Lucario. I just want to use some other pokemon that aren't given to you as gifts (except for Lapras since it isn't nearly as strong as Lucario). Lucario is still a fantastic pokemon and will serve anyone well. Sorry for the off-topicness but I just wanted to clear that up in case anyone was curious as to my meaning behind what I said.

Back on topic, I really need to try some of the additional training methods sometime. It will just take me a bit to adjust to how they work.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS)   Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS) I_icon_minitime16th October 2013, 4:29 pm

Oh no! What I meant that a lot people use that pokemon. I thought thats what you meant! XD
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS)   Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS) I_icon_minitime16th October 2013, 4:32 pm

Yamichan16 wrote:
Oh no! What I meant that a lot people use that pokemon. I thought thats what you meant! XD
That too is an issue. Sorry I've had a long day. 

I also feel it will be a decent challenge to use pokemon that level up so late like Skrelp and Pawniard.
Back to top Go down
Moonlit Templar
Pyramidal Crystal

Moonlit Templar

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Formerly Medeus

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS)   Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS) I_icon_minitime16th October 2013, 6:35 pm

My apologies for going off topic but: do any of you happen to have a Chinchou? I'm in a really, really desperate situation where the tandem of Panpour/Electrike (formerly Pikachu, but I gave that away as it was a dead weight to my team) isn't cutting it. I know Simipour's good but Panpour is not doing anything for me anymore.

According to Serebii, it's in Azure Bay - Good Rod. Please, I need this as soon as possible. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS)   Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS) I_icon_minitime16th October 2013, 6:54 pm

Guys, there could be a glitch in the game. If you save in the major city with that tower (sorry bad at remembering city names) your game may freeze when you reload the file. There may or may not be around this glitch. Some people got this glitch and some people dont. I have saved in the professor's lab before and my game was okay. So I believe it's on the streets. So be careful!
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS)   Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS) I_icon_minitime16th October 2013, 7:58 pm

Yamichan16 wrote:
Guys, there could be a glitch in the game. If you save in the major city with that tower (sorry bad at remembering city names) your game may freeze when you reload the file. There may or may not be around this glitch. Some people got this glitch and some people dont. I have saved in the professor's lab before and my game was okay. So I believe it's on the streets. So be careful!
Thanks for the heads up.
Back to top Go down
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS)   Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS) I_icon_minitime17th October 2013, 1:55 am

You can catch Xerneas with one Pokeball no matter which kind it is.

I don't know about Yveltal, though.
Back to top Go down
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS)   Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS) I_icon_minitime17th October 2013, 5:38 am

I haven't fought any other gyms; I'm currently gathering up some Pikachu to hopefully breed an egg so I can have a Pichu. I like filling in my Pokedex. e_e *slooooow*
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS)   Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS) I_icon_minitime17th October 2013, 9:40 am

I'm actually starting Y now because I'm a psycho. Lol.

My team currently (stars mean I'm keeping):

Froakie*
Bulbasaur* 
Espurr*
Flabebe*
Litleo*
Fletchling (to be swapped out for Hawlucha later)

I'm slightly frustrated with it, but hopefully it'll work out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS)   Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon X/Y Recent Happenings Thread (SPOILERS)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top