The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SailorStar9
Star Seed

SailorStar9

Star Seed

Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga Empty
PostSubject: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga I_icon_minitime16th September 2013, 8:54 am

I realized there isn't already a topic like this, and it's just something that came to me after going through ChibiJennifer's MoonSticks comic strips and re-watching the S Season once again:

What exactly was Uranus and Neptune looking for when they were inspecting the Heart Crystals in S Season? Really, just how do they know they're staring at the right one? I mean, come on! The victim will DIE if you keep staring at it any longer!

And one more question: if the Moon was ruled by Queen Serenity, why was it called the Moon Kingdom and not the Moon Queendom?
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga I_icon_minitime16th September 2013, 10:11 am

I'm not sure if this counts, but as I've been rewatching SuperS I've noticed silly little puns in background items I didn't notice before. Funny statues that are drawn to fit the scene, etc.

I need to get some screen shots. xD Also, "Queendom" isn't really a word... lol

Back to top Go down
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga I_icon_minitime16th September 2013, 10:36 am

^The queendom thing is interesting though. If the Moon was matriarchal, which is not a bad presumption, then you would think they would call it a queendom since they are ruled by a queen (though if she'd been an empress the word would still be empire).

I guess you could say the idea might have been ignored since we always call it a kingdom, since most societies are patriarchal and royal succession passes through men.

As for the Heart Crystal thing, I guess it was psychic awareness, or something like that...

I was watching some of the first season episodes in English recently, and I was on the episode with Hercules, the one with the violet crystal. And as it started, a few things stood out:

1. What on Earth did Luna do to make all those cats chase her in the first place? I feel there's a story there that would be really interesting to see.

2. Why is Hercules imitating Tuxedo Mask? It's a bit much.

3. One of those cats jumped at Luna and broke concrete...Who's giving alley cats superpowers?!

4. Zoicite's weird fear of rats that seems to come on and off.

5. We got a monster that didn't even get to do anything. *sigh*
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga I_icon_minitime16th September 2013, 10:40 am

Hercules... you mean Rhett Butler the big fat cat?

Also cause that ep is supposed to be a fun silly ep for Luna. xD I love Zoicite's fear of rats that he then uses to his advantage. xD
Back to top Go down
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga I_icon_minitime16th September 2013, 10:56 am

What that his name in the Japanese? I meant the one with the Rainbow Crystal. Usually I would try to use the Japanese names on here for everyone's benefit, but I wasn't aware of the name difference.

Zoicite was weird. At first she was freaking out and running from the rats. Then she does it again. And then by the time she exits the sewers she's covered in rats, which you would think would make her continue to hyperventilate like mad. But she's all like "rats don't bother me, I shall now make a rat pun!" And I get the opener is silly, but I doesn't stop me from wondering what sequence of events lead to it. 

One other thing I noticed what how Zoicite likes to say "Zoi!". Was she/he doing that in the Japanese anime or the manga? 

And I noticed in the episode where they introduced Chad (sorry, can't check the spelling for the Japanese name right now) that he had been sleeping on the stairway to the temple. When I saw that I was like, "ow". Seriously, ow. I've had to sit on staircases sometimes while waiting, and on those occasions I've tried reading. Let me tell you, it's not exactly comfortable. The steps can press into your back. Seeing him sleeping against a stone staircase, I'm surprised his back was revolting against him when he woke up.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga I_icon_minitime16th September 2013, 10:59 am

Oh maybe i got confused since you were talking about the Luna episode. xD Rhett Butler is the fat cat who has a rainbow crystal. But maybe you were talking about another ep?

Now i have to rewatch a subbed ep to see if Jap Zoi says that...

And its Yuuichirou (lol i could have even goofed that but meh romanizing things can always have different verisons). xD
Back to top Go down
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga I_icon_minitime16th September 2013, 11:14 am

No, I just managed to check. Hercules in the English dub was Rhett Butler in the Japanese. That's interesting though, them making a Gone With the Wind reference. And I believe you got the other name right too. It looks right anyway.

But seriously, Yuuichirou must either be a very heavy sleeper or was completed wasted to have been sleeping soundly on that staircase without his back hurting like crazy. Just thinking about it makes me wince.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga I_icon_minitime16th September 2013, 11:24 am

That whole episode if filled with Gone with the Wind references. You should totally rewatch it in japanese to see it. xD

That just reminds me...all those sorts of references littered within the anime. Itd be fun to go through and point them all out.
Back to top Go down
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal

Mayonnaise

Lotus Crystal

Title : Secretly Artemis in a suit

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga I_icon_minitime16th September 2013, 12:13 pm

I realised not so long ago that Usagi's "Odango UltraWave" Crying Attack was used during her battle against Metallia in the manga and it's what shaked Evil!Endimyon... I noticed it only when I reread it for like the 20th time. it's nice when you notice more details as you rediscover the story!
Back to top Go down
SenshiRei
Lotus Crystal

SenshiRei

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Official Rei Hino of GC ❤

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga I_icon_minitime16th September 2013, 12:15 pm

The bizarre fact that Minako and Rei got to go with Miss Haruna's class on that trip to see the Sakura trees in one episode... =p
Back to top Go down
Http://senshirei.tumblr.com http://senshirei.tumblr.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga I_icon_minitime16th September 2013, 2:43 pm

We should most definitely extend this discussion to PGSM and Myu just cause....loooooooooots more things to add to this. Very Happy

Like Motoki's turtle obsession in PGSM. o.O
Back to top Go down
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga I_icon_minitime16th September 2013, 3:47 pm

^Not a bad idea at all.

The Rainbow Crystal episodes were the ones I was watching lately, so here's something from the Orange Crystal episode. You ever notice that the priest's clothes were white when he changes back, and before he turned into a monster they were black?

I have to wonder, after all that was done, did he pause and think "Hey, wait a minute, I wasn't wearing this a moment ago..."
Back to top Go down
sunyeons
Lotus Crystal

sunyeons

Lotus Crystal

Title : that one j-idol and k-pop fangirl.

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga I_icon_minitime16th September 2013, 3:55 pm

the super s arc had some of the craziest youmas ever(in the entire series)
the dark circus arc had some of the most memorable youmas so far. like that balloon one that reminded me of the youma from the super s movie. xD the balloon youma was one of the weirdest ones yet. o.o
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga I_icon_minitime16th September 2013, 5:27 pm

Phantom53 wrote:
^Not a bad idea at all.

The Rainbow Crystal episodes were the ones I was watching lately, so here's something from the Orange Crystal episode. You ever notice that the priest's clothes were white when he changes back, and before he turned into a monster they were black?

I have to wonder, after all that was done, did he pause and think "Hey, wait a minute, I wasn't wearing this a moment ago..."
lol it seems Sailor Moon not only purified him from the youma but from his black stains as well. xD
Back to top Go down
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga I_icon_minitime16th September 2013, 6:32 pm

^But those weren't stains. But I can just imagine the conversation:

Sailor Moon: I turned you back into a human sir, and I cleaned the stains out of your clothes.

Priest: But my clothes weren't stained! They were supposed to be black. Now any stains I get on this will be obvious. And why am I suddenly holding a manga?

Sailor Moon: ...oops...

Luna: ...Maybe that wand still has a few bugs in it...

And it's even weirder since all the other Rainbow Crystal victims changed back to EXACTLY how they were.

On another note, why was Ryo's monster form a... lizard mixed with a Swiss Army knife or whatever it was, when the others seemed to match some sort of theme (except perhaps the Orange monster)? I just don't get it.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga I_icon_minitime20th September 2013, 11:21 am

Oh wow, I just noticed that this thread is here in Theories/Debates. Was this intended to be that sort of thread or a general discussion thread? I think it may fit better in general discussion butlet me know before I move it. ^^
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga I_icon_minitime20th September 2013, 12:58 pm

Phantom53 wrote:

Sailor Moon: I turned you back into a human sir, and I cleaned the stains out of your clothes.

Priest: But my clothes weren't stained! They were supposed to be black. Now any stains I get on this will be obvious. And why am I suddenly holding a manga?

And it's even weirder since all the other Rainbow Crystal victims changed back to EXACTLY how they were.

On another note, why was Ryo's monster form a... lizard mixed with a Swiss Army knife or whatever it was, when the others seemed to match some sort of theme (except perhaps the Orange monster)? I just don't get it.
! The Orange Monster (the priest turning into a boxer) is actually a japanese pun. ^^ Their word for Priest sounds really similar to their word for Boxer.

... Ami's little boytoy turning into the swiss-army-knife/lizard thing though... I have no idea
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga I_icon_minitime20th September 2013, 2:07 pm

Sailor Uranus wrote:
Phantom53 wrote:

! The Orange Monster (the priest turning into a boxer) is actually a japanese pun. ^^ Their word for Priest sounds really similar to their word for Boxer.

... Ami's little boytoy turning into the swiss-army-knife/lizard thing though... I have no idea
Oh, I see. That makes sense now. I was wondering if they were going for an angel pun, you know, man with wings? Ah well. Even if the English dub of the show was done better, I don't think it would have helped. Linguistic puns are difficult like that.

While browsing TV Tropes, I found a reference to a manga side story featuring Makoto, and they said she over-ate in response to stress. Sadly the SM wiki has no summary of that so I can't read more, but I found that really interesting.

It's one of those bits of characterization that I've otherwise never heard of. That implies that her reaction to stress or depression is to eat, something people actually do as a way of calming down. Usually it's foods that are fatty or high in sugar. It's also one of multiple factors that can lead to obesity.

It makes me wonder if that's her only stress response or how exactly that works for her.

And it kind of matches the anime. In the episode where she's introduced, she says to Usagi "Usually I'm really hungry and I eat a ton but everyone's been so mean I lost my appetite." Okay, I know, English dub, but not all the translations can be bad.
Back to top Go down
Blake
Pyramidal Crystal

Blake

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga I_icon_minitime20th September 2013, 5:20 pm

Phantom53 wrote:

While browsing TV Tropes, I found a reference to a manga side story featuring Makoto, and they said she over-ate in response to stress. Sadly the SM wiki has no summary of that so I can't read more, but I found that really interesting.
I just read that side story (it's "The Melancholy of Makoto").
But I'm not sure that she really over eats whenever she's stressed. I think there's also a translation mistake, because in the same scene, you have Mako saying that she stayed up cooking for her friends, but then Minako tells her that she shouldn't eat like that, and I'm not gonna say why because then I'll just ramble about some sensitive topics and I'd rather not.
Back to top Go down
http://underworldrevolution.tumblr.com
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga I_icon_minitime22nd September 2013, 10:19 am

^You seem to be right. I found the Miss Dreams translation of it and read it. Blast TV Tropes for their inaccuracies. Thanks.

Speaking of translations, I'm reading their translations of the manga. Here's something I noticed from Act 1 that nobody seems to pay attention to: Naru is loaded. Granted, I don't really know how jewelry stores work as far as the business side, but in the translation Naru points out that among their stock is the "Pigeon's Blood Ruby" and she says it's worth a million dollars (in 1992 no less), and next to it are rare yellow diamonds.

Her family has a million dollar ruby, and besides that a ruby someone actually bothered giving a name to instead of calling it "Ruby 5063" or whatever. And yellow diamonds? She's right, those are rare, especially if they are natural. Colored diamonds are real valuable, though relatively speaking yellow is the most common of all colored diamonds.

That doesn't seem like it would be some sort of translation error. And yet when I looked at the wiki, they make no mention of it. And with a million dollar ruby and yellow diamonds in stock, that means Naru's family business isn't some small, run of the mill store, it seems high end. Shoot, she's probably real knowledgeable about gemology.  

On another weird note, the panel with the text about the ruby and diamonds only shows a pair of earrings and a necklace with multiple gems. Are we to presume the stones were on the necklace or something?
Back to top Go down
sailor swifty
Lotus Crystal

sailor swifty

Lotus Crystal

Title : Space Princess

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga I_icon_minitime22nd September 2013, 8:01 pm

Phantom53 wrote:
^The queendom thing is interesting though. If the Moon was matriarchal, which is not a bad presumption, then you would think they would call it a queendom since they are ruled by a queen (though if she'd been an empress the word would still be empire).

I guess you could say the idea might have been ignored since we always call it a kingdom, since most societies are patriarchal and royal succession passes through men.

As for the Heart Crystal thing, I guess it was psychic awareness, or something like that...

I was watching some of the first season episodes in English recently, and I was on the episode with Hercules, the one with the violet crystal. And as it started, a few things stood out:

1. What on Earth did Luna do to make all those cats chase her in the first place? I feel there's a story there that would be really interesting to see.

2. Why is Hercules imitating Tuxedo Mask? It's a bit much.

3. One of those cats jumped at Luna and broke concrete...Who's giving alley cats superpowers?!

4. Zoicite's weird fear of rats that seems to come on and off.

5. We got a monster that didn't even get to do anything. *sigh*
1. Maybe Luna was in heat??? 

2. not sure why

3. no idea.

4..  well there was ton of rats chased him ofcorse it will scare him.

6. no idea

Phantom53 wrote:
What that his name in the Japanese? I meant the one with the Rainbow Crystal. Usually I would try to use the Japanese names on here for everyone's benefit, but I wasn't aware of the name difference.

Zoicite was weird. At first she was freaking out and running from the rats. Then he does it again. And then by the time he exits the sewers he's covered in rats, which you would think would make him continue to hyperventilate like mad. But he's all like "rats don't bother me, I shall now make a rat pun!" And I get the opener is silly, but I doesn't stop me from wondering what sequence of events lead to it. 

One other thing I noticed what how Zoicite likes to say "Zoi!". Was he doing that in the Japanese anime or the manga? 

And I noticed in the episode where they introduced Chad (sorry, can't check the spelling for the Japanese name right now) that he had been sleeping on the stairway to the temple. When I saw that I was like, "ow". Seriously, ow. I've had to sit on staircases sometimes while waiting, and on those occasions I've tried reading. Let me tell you, it's not exactly comfortable. The steps can press into your back. Seeing him sleeping against a stone staircase, I'm surprised his back was revolting against him when he woke up.
Yea, he dose say zoi, in the Jap. anime..  never in the manga.
Back to top Go down
http://serenitysmoonpalace.com/palace/index.php http://sailor-swifty.tumblr.com/
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga I_icon_minitime23rd September 2013, 5:13 pm

Random things numbers... I lost count.

So I'm still reading through the Miss Dreams translation of the manga, and I finished Act 3 and started Act 4. And I've realized how truly weird it is. I mean there's over the top fantasy and then there's...well...

And I don't mean to criticize. It's just the things I notice as I try to understand the story. Let's start with Act 3. In that one, Usagi gets pulled into an alternate dimension along with the bus, and Luna rushes to Ami  and the two manage to use a computer to track Usagi. Okay, I followed that so far. But then Ami says "Oh no, the sensor has popped right out of the monitor! Her locations appears to be...below us?!"

It's not just the translation. The artworks shows some little thing, it's not very clear, going from the computer, off to the side, and hitting the floor. When I read that I was like "When did we start using Looney Tune physics?"

There's anime physics. There are fantasy elements. I get that. But the sensor mark left the computer monitor and touched the floor...what? How...huh?

And then there's the fight in that dimension. Usagi throws her tiara like a boomerang. The enemy blocks. Luna declares "he fell right into our trap!" The boomerang then suddenly becomes a restraint that pins his arms.

What trap? I thought her getting into that dimension was unintentional. A trap implies you planned it. And when did her tiara become a restraint? How did they get it to act like a restraint and not a projectile? How? Does it have a mind of its own? What?

And then when Rei transforms her crows show up. How? How did they get to a parallel dimension? Is it because of increasing instability? The background art doesn't help at all? And how did they teleport out? They just stood in one spot and they never said anything about any other actions taken by the Sesnhi or Luna.

And in Act 4, Usagi goes to that masquerade ball (but isn't wearing a mask for a reason that escapes me), and her father sees her. He says that the girl looks so much like Usagi and he wonders if that is what she will look like when she's grown up. I just...is he blind? She's not wearing a mask, and her disguise only visibly changes her clothes. The art doesn't actually show that her face changed at all.

So many questions. *develops pounding migraine*
Back to top Go down
Blake
Pyramidal Crystal

Blake

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga I_icon_minitime23rd September 2013, 5:33 pm

I think that Luna meant that he fell into their trap when Sailor Moon attacked him. Since Luna was the one to say so, I think that she somehow managed to manipulate the tiara.
Although, in the anime, it's Sailor Moon who does the thing where the tiara traps the youma (or in the manga, Jadeite).
Also, the anime episode where Rei is introduced shares a lot of similarities with Act 3. So, when Rei got sucked into the alternate dimension, her crows were with her, so I'm guessing that the same thing happened in the manga. I'm not sure though, the last time I read the Dark Kingdom arc was months ago.
And about Act 4, I think that's just a plot hole. The same exact thing happens in the anime, Usagi's papa sees her "transformed" and thinks she just looks like an older Usagi, and she's not wearing a mask either.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga I_icon_minitime23rd September 2013, 6:00 pm

This IS a magical girl series. So um... magic...?
Back to top Go down
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga I_icon_minitime23rd September 2013, 7:14 pm

Blake wrote:
I think that Luna meant that he fell into their trap when Sailor Moon attacked him. Since Luna was the one to say so, I think that she somehow managed to manipulate the tiara.
Although, in the anime, it's Sailor Moon who does the thing where the tiara traps the youma (or in the manga, Jadeite).
Also, the anime episode where Rei is introduced shares a lot of similarities with Act 3. So, when Rei got sucked into the alternate dimension, her crows were with her, so I'm guessing that the same thing happened in the manga. I'm not sure though, the last time I read the Dark Kingdom arc was months ago.
And about Act 4, I think that's just a plot hole. The same exact thing happens in the anime, Usagi's papa sees her "transformed" and thinks she just looks like an older Usagi, and she's not wearing a mask either.
When it comes to the Act 3 stuff, it seems like the anime did a better job in some respects. With the tiara, it makes more sense. It shows Usagi was taught something and actually thought of it in battle. And it shows that action in response to a specific command, rather than the basic announcement of "a trap". It seems more sensible to me. It's not perfect, but still.

And as far as the crows, they weren't with Rei in the manga. The art doesn't show them in any of the panels when Rei walks out and gets pulled onto the bus, they just show a panel of them right before they are suddenly in the parallel dimension and are attacking the enemy. In the anime, you are correct. They were in the room with Rei when she was doing her reading, they followed her when they confronted Jed, and they got pulled in with her. So the anime established who was in the scene.

If they were with her in the manga when she got trapped, then the art failed to establish who was in a scene or a location. And if they just suddenly got there, then it fails to establish HOW they got into a parallel dimension. They couldn't fly there, and they were still normal Earth crows at that point.

The anime also seems better in the case of Usagi's stewardess disguise. It still makes no sense on a bus, but compare:

Manga: Usagi sees bus getting pulled into black hole, an Rei is on it. Her reaction is panic. Her reaction is to do something. What does she do? She uses her disguise pen to become a stewardess and then grabs onto the bus as it is being pulled in, instead of, I don't know, turning into Sailor Moon, a superhero, in the face of visible supernatural threats. Disguises will not help.

Anime: She turns into the stewardess to board the bus when they are trying to investigate it, and while we see the driver is creepy, it hasn't done anything obviously magical yet. Still doesn't make 100% sense, but it works better than disguising herself as a reaction to the bus going into a black hole.

Act 4: It may be a plot hole, or an attempt at humor that quite honestly isn't funny.

@ Small Lady: To quote the comic reviewer Linkara: "It's magic, I don't have to explain it." XD

But in all seriousness, just because it is a magical girl show or something that uses fantasy elements/magic, doesn't mean that it can ignore all form of sense or logic, external or internal. If they teleport, you should show an action that makes them teleport. If the crows get into a magical dimension, explain how in order to avoid confusion. And don't make computers display what seems to be Looney Tune physics when you could just have the arrow on the screen point down within the monitor instead of become a three-dimensional object without 3D capacity.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga I_icon_minitime24th September 2013, 10:45 am

Well I think a lot of times, due to Naoko being quite rushes on the manga, she literally just did things for author's convenience. Basically a deus ex machina type thing. Its more convenient to just draw it out and have it happen rather than take the extra time to draw out more panels and pages explaining how certain things work.

Also I think the computer thing was just because of how powerful the signal. The signal literally popped out her screen and showed her the way. I think thats how powerful the magic is. Its just not explained very well mostly due to it being a manga. Honestly a lot of other manga sometimes just waves off things like that as "magic" and don't really take time to explain.

Also its such a trivial matter i don't think its super important to the overall story. Would it be nice if that sort of thing was explained better? Would it make for a bit deeper and richer overall story? Yes.

But we don't have that. Never will. So no use complaining about it. Thats what head canons are for! xD
Back to top Go down
Sailor Elysion
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Elysion

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga I_icon_minitime22nd October 2013, 9:25 pm

Where in the world was Usagi's father before the Moon Kingdom was destroyed?
Back to top Go down
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/kingdomofribbon http://ribbonlace.tumblr.com/
sailor swifty
Lotus Crystal

sailor swifty

Lotus Crystal

Title : Space Princess

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga I_icon_minitime22nd October 2013, 10:51 pm

Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga 04110

how did Tuxedo mask think This was sailor moon??? i mean the bow color is all wrong, the eye are too..

Also how did this come to be. First Zoisite says we should put Sailor Moon in danger

Kunzite comes in and tell Zoisite he needs a plan then says Queen Beryl, i'd like the honor of doing so.

Zoisite then says to himself, i'll do anything for you kunzite and not anyone else..

i find it kind of strange that the next thing, Zoisite is dressed as sailor moon...  i mean really, or my mind might be to far in the gutter on this 2nd one XD
Back to top Go down
http://serenitysmoonpalace.com/palace/index.php http://sailor-swifty.tumblr.com/
Empress Vesta
Lotus Crystal

Empress Vesta

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official VesVes/Sailor Vesta and GC's Official Sailor Quartet Lover

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga I_icon_minitime23rd October 2013, 5:58 am

Not sure if this was the right place to post this, but I was reading volume 9 of the manga last night when Hotaru said something like "Minor planets that were birthed...absent their own volition..."

And I realized...she might be talking about the Asteroids! Since she did say that during the dream arc, and that would make perfect sense, since the Amazoness Quartet was being controlled unwillingly (hence their volition was absent). And plus, during volume 10 when they were freed and became the Sailor Quartet, they did say they were protectors of the planetoids, which are basically minor planets.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/senshiofthewild
Blake
Pyramidal Crystal

Blake

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga I_icon_minitime23rd October 2013, 1:47 pm

Sailor Elysion wrote:
Where in the world was Usagi's father before the Moon Kingdom was destroyed?
If we strictly consider what we know about the manga, anime, musicals and live action, Serenity does not have a father.
A lot of people have came up with their own headcanons about this, like for example, there's this one where Queen Serenity went to the Galaxy Cauldron to bring P. Serenity to life, kind of like she had an empty star seed, and then goes to the GC and basically asks Guardian Cosmos (I think) to grant that seed with life, ultimately becoming P. Serenity.
Some people think that Queen Serenity by some strange mean that I don't know or understand, and also please forgive me if this is wrong, she kind of "made herself pregnant" with P. Serenity, without the help of a man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga   Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Things You Realized About the Anime/Manga

View previous topic View next topic Back to top