The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

[MERCH] Sailor Moon cosplay at Hot Topic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Apple Stardust
Pyramidal Crystal

Apple Stardust

Pyramidal Crystal

[MERCH] Sailor Moon cosplay at Hot Topic Empty
PostSubject: [MERCH] Sailor Moon cosplay at Hot Topic   [MERCH] Sailor Moon cosplay at Hot Topic I_icon_minitime16th September 2011, 8:52 am

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Apparel/Halloween/Sailor-Moon-Costume-885764.jsp

It's so terrible. xD But at the same time, so awesome it's there.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: [MERCH] Sailor Moon cosplay at Hot Topic   [MERCH] Sailor Moon cosplay at Hot Topic I_icon_minitime16th September 2011, 3:13 pm

I know! All of hot topics costumes are kinda terrible...but I kinda want it to do adjustments on it. But it might just be so bad there is no fixing. But i guess its good for those who just want to go for halloween. i wouldn't use it as a cosplay costume. no way. XD
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: [MERCH] Sailor Moon cosplay at Hot Topic   [MERCH] Sailor Moon cosplay at Hot Topic I_icon_minitime16th September 2011, 3:14 pm

*Sweatdrop.* Forgive me if I don't know what the fuss about Hot Topic is, but I'm completely fashion impaired. What's so great about it? (And that tiara is horrendously bad, XD. At least they got the skirt part of the fuku right, though.)
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: [MERCH] Sailor Moon cosplay at Hot Topic   [MERCH] Sailor Moon cosplay at Hot Topic I_icon_minitime16th September 2011, 3:18 pm

Hot Topic is just a haven for wanna be goths, punks, weeaboos, "music" lovers, etc. It used to be the place to get all the parachute pants and grungy clothing, where the "non" preppy kids shopped. Cause god forbid, Abercrombie and Fitch. BUT really Hot Topic is just a over priced clothing/and other crap store that sells cheap clothes and appeals to weeaboos and goths/punks/grunge/gamers alike.

And its supposed to be about "the music". The only time i ever shop at hot topic is if i can find stuff on clearance because sometimes i like the tshirts and they do carry teh Sailor Moon tshirts. Its just kinda sorta cool they are carrying this halloween costume. I mean whens the last time you saw a Sailor Moon halloween costume in the states!?
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: [MERCH] Sailor Moon cosplay at Hot Topic   [MERCH] Sailor Moon cosplay at Hot Topic I_icon_minitime16th September 2011, 3:40 pm

XD ... I seem to be missing absolutely nothing in not shopping. ^_^"
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: [MERCH] Sailor Moon cosplay at Hot Topic   [MERCH] Sailor Moon cosplay at Hot Topic I_icon_minitime16th September 2011, 4:20 pm

( ._.) this costume is, sadly, much better than most of the cosplay I have seen (in real life, anyway).

But that tiara is seriously messed up, as are the odango gems. O.o
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Alyssa
Pyramidal Crystal

Alyssa

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [MERCH] Sailor Moon cosplay at Hot Topic   [MERCH] Sailor Moon cosplay at Hot Topic I_icon_minitime17th September 2011, 12:16 pm

Well, the costume isn't that bad. I mean, it could have been so much worse.
That being said, I probably won't buy it. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: [MERCH] Sailor Moon cosplay at Hot Topic   [MERCH] Sailor Moon cosplay at Hot Topic I_icon_minitime17th September 2011, 12:40 pm

The quality looks pretty poor as far as fabric goes, and if i wanted to pick up a quick costume for halloween, i'd totally buy it (well if it went on sale maybe, i'm cheap XD).
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: [MERCH] Sailor Moon cosplay at Hot Topic   [MERCH] Sailor Moon cosplay at Hot Topic I_icon_minitime17th September 2011, 1:51 pm

Brit-chan wrote:
... (well if it went on sale maybe, i'm cheap XD).

Me, too. =D
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Yumi
Saturn Emeritus

Yumi

Senior Member  Saturn Emeritus

Title : (∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。magical weirdo, Original Saturn

PostSubject: Re: [MERCH] Sailor Moon cosplay at Hot Topic   [MERCH] Sailor Moon cosplay at Hot Topic I_icon_minitime19th September 2011, 3:04 pm

Her hair is omg... makes me cringe.
Back to top Go down
http://vibrantthinking.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/YumiSplash?feature=mhee
Dragonicsoul
Star Seed

Dragonicsoul

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [MERCH] Sailor Moon cosplay at Hot Topic   [MERCH] Sailor Moon cosplay at Hot Topic I_icon_minitime30th September 2011, 12:14 pm

I heard on the SMObsess podcast, Moonie tunes, that the brooch is actually some sort of embroidered patch, and not the cardboard it looks like. I guess that adds a bit of shine to it, which does help. But... that Tiara. oh. my. Arceus. :shudders: It scares me to no end.

(oh, and did anyone look at the back view? I noticed while investigating the headband/tiara that the model's got a tattoo saying 'love life' on the back of her neck. I can't help but think that really hurt.)
Back to top Go down
http://dragonicsoul.deviantart.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: [MERCH] Sailor Moon cosplay at Hot Topic   [MERCH] Sailor Moon cosplay at Hot Topic I_icon_minitime30th September 2011, 1:19 pm

I could think with some adjustments you could make it work as a decent costume for those who want to dress up as sailor moon but don't have the skills/money/time to properly sew a costume together. Honestly you could buy a tiara from a number of websites that make them, along with a decent wig and other accessories like her brooch and so on. I've seen lots of well made stuff on etsy. So say you wanted to put in about $100, including the cost of hte costume, you could make decent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [MERCH] Sailor Moon cosplay at Hot Topic   [MERCH] Sailor Moon cosplay at Hot Topic I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[MERCH] Sailor Moon cosplay at Hot Topic

View previous topic View next topic Back to top