The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

The Darkness/Creepiness of Sailor Moon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Dead Moon Queen ❤

The Darkness/Creepiness of Sailor Moon Empty
PostSubject: The Darkness/Creepiness of Sailor Moon   The Darkness/Creepiness of Sailor Moon I_icon_minitime31st August 2013, 12:21 pm

So, for most Magical Girl anime shows, people think of bright colors, pretty, cute, etc. In Sailor Moon, it has that, but there's way more to the show than that. There's a lot of dark moments in Sailor Moon. I'll name a few from the anime and manga.

Anime:
- There are some ridiculously creepy villains in the Classic Sailor Moon. For example, the first creeper from episode one. She looks like a she's a few steps from becoming a skeleton. Remember that vampire like Youma? My God.
- The ending of the Classic as well. We see the Senshi die in the 5th season and it's sad. When they died in the first season, they were screaming BLOODY MURDER as they are dying a horrifically painful death.
- How about ChibiUsa's dream where Hotaru was being crucified and monster like hands pulled her down into the darkness. What the hell, man?

Manga:
- When Jadeite, Nephrite, and Zoisite were killed, they were put in a glass like coffin for full display. They were all killed where their corpse was messed up and it was on display like a damn museum.
- The appearances of a lot of the villains were super creepy. It was a bit concerning.
- This isn't as extreme, but I thought Hotaru as an android looked creepy.

Care to add anything else to the darkness/creepiness behind Sailor Moon?
Back to top Go down
SenshiRei
Lotus Crystal

SenshiRei

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Official Rei Hino of GC ❤

PostSubject: Re: The Darkness/Creepiness of Sailor Moon   The Darkness/Creepiness of Sailor Moon I_icon_minitime31st August 2013, 12:34 pm

Two to add from the anime:

The Darkness/Creepiness of Sailor Moon 4011577294 Demande all over - creeeep (IMO obv).
The Darkness/Creepiness of Sailor Moon 4011577294 I can't remember the episode number, think its R, when the Senshi are kidnapped and are restrained in a crucificiation pose.
Back to top Go down
Http://senshirei.tumblr.com http://senshirei.tumblr.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The Darkness/Creepiness of Sailor Moon   The Darkness/Creepiness of Sailor Moon I_icon_minitime31st August 2013, 12:48 pm

Oh thats when Rubeus captures them. thats like halfway through Black Moon arc in R i think?

People's faces melted off several times within the manga... Naoko seemed to love drawing those types of faces.

Koan burning up a random child in the Black Moon Arc in the manga...
Back to top Go down
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Darkness/Creepiness of Sailor Moon   The Darkness/Creepiness of Sailor Moon I_icon_minitime31st August 2013, 12:57 pm

In the Black Moon Arc in the manga, the capture of the Inner Senshi is a bit different. They are kept in a dark prison with no entrances or exits. Also, when the started waking up, they see a bloody falling apart corpse.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The Darkness/Creepiness of Sailor Moon   The Darkness/Creepiness of Sailor Moon I_icon_minitime31st August 2013, 1:05 pm

Oh god, that corpse. Pretty sure it was supposed to be Death Phantom too, like his long dead corpse from when NQS banished him.

In the Dracul musicals, a bunch of characters (they were the antagonists) started committing suicide left and right.  In one of the other Dracul musicals (could be the same one, i can't remember at this point xD), the Senshi fight against each other to the death.

IN ONE OF THE MUSICALS THE VILLAIN KILLS THE KITTENS. I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT HAPPENED.
Back to top Go down
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Darkness/Creepiness of Sailor Moon   The Darkness/Creepiness of Sailor Moon I_icon_minitime31st August 2013, 1:09 pm

Oh, how about the part in the Classic Sailor Moon anime when Nephrite is IMPALED by venomous, electrical tree roots. Not only that, Naru had to sit there and watch him die.
Back to top Go down
SenshiRei
Lotus Crystal

SenshiRei

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Official Rei Hino of GC ❤

PostSubject: Re: The Darkness/Creepiness of Sailor Moon   The Darkness/Creepiness of Sailor Moon I_icon_minitime31st August 2013, 1:10 pm

Small Lady wrote:
Oh thats when Rubeus captures them. thats like halfway through Black Moon arc in R i think?
That's the one, Brit!

Oh, I also found the doll from the Dreamland episode in Classic creepy as hell. But that's just cause UGH dolls.
Back to top Go down
Http://senshirei.tumblr.com http://senshirei.tumblr.com
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Darkness/Creepiness of Sailor Moon   The Darkness/Creepiness of Sailor Moon I_icon_minitime31st August 2013, 1:13 pm

In the anime of the Black Moon Clan Arc, I never understood why the monsters were called Droids. It wasn't until the manga where the Droids were actual androids disguised as humans to blend it. Super creepy.
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: The Darkness/Creepiness of Sailor Moon   The Darkness/Creepiness of Sailor Moon I_icon_minitime11th September 2013, 12:19 am

In the manga when Usagi and Mamoru are impaled through the chest and Naoko drew the spatter come from them, and when the Sailor Animate Phi or Chi, I forget which one, impales Kakyuu with her staff through the chest. Princess Serenity's suicide, not really creepy but a pretty dark theme...
Back to top Go down
Sailor Shadow Star
Star Seed

Sailor Shadow Star

Star Seed

Title : Seiya Kou/Fighter

PostSubject: Re: The Darkness/Creepiness of Sailor Moon   The Darkness/Creepiness of Sailor Moon I_icon_minitime11th September 2013, 11:50 pm

Manga: Kakyuu getting stabbed in the back with what looked like a staff! When I finally saw the anime I thought they killed her off much nicer. D:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Darkness/Creepiness of Sailor Moon   The Darkness/Creepiness of Sailor Moon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Darkness/Creepiness of Sailor Moon

View previous topic View next topic Back to top