The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Quulix
Star Seed

Quulix

Star Seed

Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?  Empty
PostSubject: Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?    Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?  I_icon_minitime5th August 2013, 9:09 am

Spoiler:

Seriously. 

I feel like she's always been given unnecessary hate, or to be more accurate- misunderstood hatred.

When you think about her background and what she had to deal with, much less being a child and experiencing these things- it makes sense that's she's a tad bratty and socially awkward. 

She grew up mostly alone aside from being surrounded by people much older who weren't around too much- the senshi and her parents. Nobody her age. Not to mention there was an entire season dedicated to her feeling unloved, overlooked and overwhelmed with growing up in a world of responsibilities beyond her power and control that she supposedly didn't measure up to. Plus, the whole feeling isolated and alone issue.

Some people might look at that and think "Well, she seems like she thinks the world revolves around her." Well, probably. She's a child. I can bet that a lot of us wanted to be as involved as we could with our parents, wanting their attention and feeling lonely and disgruntled if we couldn't achieve that with very busy, vacant parents. 

Besides all of that conflict though, I really like Chibi-Usa because throughout the series, you see her go from a mentally withered and frightened little girl to a strong young lady who has opened her heart and mind up to others to understand them and the world around her, and accepting her future responsibilities. I think what makes her an extremely interesting character to watch is that she is one of the most flawed, human characters of the show. Sometimes I think people forget that- a lot of these characters have their own silly quirks, but most of them are semi established in knowing who they are and knowing their duties, unlike Chibi Usa.

Last edited by Quulix on 5th August 2013, 10:20 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?    Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?  I_icon_minitime5th August 2013, 9:13 am

I love Chibiusa!

I admit years ago when all I had known was the dub, I felt slightly annoyed but her manga debut made my heart melt and I even came to love her anime version in the subtitles too. The dub cut out certain parts that made her character more understandable to me at least.

I love her character design as well!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?    Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?  I_icon_minitime5th August 2013, 9:31 am

I LOVE Chibiusa <3 <3 <3 She is one of my top favorite characters in the entire series. I think that since she and Usagi fight a lot (excessively) in the anime, people seem to dislike her. And I think sometimes the dub of the anime has made people dislike her? (I dunno, but that's what I've read, anyway) and people seem to think her adoration of Mamoru goes too far I guess? (Though I believe in the fact that this is something children do all the time, not to mention that Chibiusa doesn't think of Usagi and Mamoru (in the past) as being her parents anyway).

But I agree with your points. Seeing her grow as a character is very satisfying and fun to watch. It just makes me love her even more, the sassy little girlie <3 <3

I especially adore her friendship with Setsuna. It is the cutest and sweetest thing ever and I love them <3 <3

/ramble
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of the darkside of the moon

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?    Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?  I_icon_minitime5th August 2013, 9:33 am

I like Manga and Myu Chibiusa the most.  Anime, not so much, which the fault in it is between how she was written and the Dub.

Manga Chibiusa is my favorite incarnation of her because of how she acted.  She was both mysterious, trying to be strong and she acted completely like the little kid she mentally was. Honestly, I thought she was perfect there.

Myu Chibiusa is always written pretty well and I loved her there. Especially when they do the Black Moon Clan arcs.  Seeing the duet between her and Black Lady were always something awesome about it.
Back to top Go down
Professor Tomoe
Inner Senshi Admin
Activities Director

Professor Tomoe

Inner Senshi Admin Activities Director

Title : Formerly Aurae; The Galaxy Cauldron Forums' Official Professor Tomoe

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?    Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?  I_icon_minitime5th August 2013, 9:40 am

The English US dub gives Chibi Usa a bad rap. Her characterization in that version was very much "spoiled brat" instead of "insecure child trying to be brave." I've noticed over the years that most of the people I've interacted with who hate Chibi Usa cite examples from that English dub. She's still aggressive towards Usagi and clingy about Mamoru in the original Japanese, but it's actually pretty mild. The Japanese anime and manga always remind you that Chibi Usa likes Mamoru because he reminds her of her dad, and when she learns he's actually her dad then it becomes just another playful way to tease Usagi. She's not fixated on him the way she was presented in the English dub.

I LOVE Chibi Usa. She's my favourite character. ♥
Back to top Go down
http://www.pinkmilktea.com http://lovemilktea.tumblr.com http://auraechan.deviantart.com
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of the darkside of the moon

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?    Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?  I_icon_minitime5th August 2013, 10:05 am

More like North America- considering when it was dubbed in Canada and Canada is part of North America. Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?  2628594703

Even in the Japanese sub, I wasn't fond of Chibiusa much.  The writting was..eh. 

But as I said before, Myu, and Manga were definitely better to me.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?    Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?  I_icon_minitime5th August 2013, 11:07 am

Uh hello... *points at username* xD But srsly even before I became admin and had to change my name, I've always been a Chibi-Usa lover! She is just AMAZING in the manga. Super adorable in the anime (SuperS is my favorite season for a reason) and even more adorable in the musicals!

ALL THE CHIBI USA LOVE HERE.
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?    Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?  I_icon_minitime5th August 2013, 11:23 am

YAY CHIBIUSA <3 I love her. Always did. SuperS is one of my favorite seasons.
Back to top Go down
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Dead Moon Queen ❤

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?    Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?  I_icon_minitime5th August 2013, 11:34 am

The best way for me to put it is that I don't like her in the anime, but love her in the manga. In the anime, she seemed so bratty and ridiculously rude to Usagi for no good reason. It was like watching an undisciplined go on a self-absorbed rampage. In the manga, she had a bit of that going on, but it wasn't the biggest part of her. That trait is part of being a child, but the anime made it her main trait. Reading the manga, to me it showed how much she cared for everyone, including Usagi. They had their differences, but the love showed may more to me between the two. Besides, when she actually did fight, she could hold her own.
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official NaoUranus/myuteer

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?    Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?  I_icon_minitime5th August 2013, 12:13 pm

I love Chibi didn't much care for her in the English dub but I loved her in all the other forms of SM she was in.
Back to top Go down
EndlessDaylight
Pyramidal Crystal

EndlessDaylight

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?    Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?  I_icon_minitime17th August 2013, 10:30 pm

I love Chibiusa!!!

Even when I was a kid I loved her, even though I had only seen a small amount of the anime
I knew the feel of being a little sister, so maybe thats why I liked her so much, I probably related to how she was being treated by Usagi
my sister always hated her though, she would always say she was annoying and tease me for liking her at all but I still liked her allot

When I read the manga I kept an open mind to all of the characters and it just so turned out she is still my favorite character, even though im an adult now
Back to top Go down
Starchild
Lotus Crystal

Starchild

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Leek & JunJun/Sailor Juno

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?    Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?  I_icon_minitime17th August 2013, 10:42 pm

I really liked her in StarS, SuperS was OK. I used to be a part of C.U.R.E. when I was younger... I didn't like her at all back then, but I've grown to like her. Myu Chibiusa is my favorite.
Back to top Go down
http://starchild.seaofserenity.net/ http://piscean-phantom.tumblr.com https://www.deviantart.com/the-saltiest-leek
sunyeons
Lotus Crystal

sunyeons

Lotus Crystal

Title : that one j-idol and k-pop fangirl.

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?    Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?  I_icon_minitime19th August 2013, 11:27 am

i loved her in the manga, but in the english dub not so much. (maybe cause they cut off everything and made her come off as bratty and annoying)
Back to top Go down
Sailor Dream
Star Seed

Sailor Dream

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?    Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?  I_icon_minitime31st August 2013, 6:17 pm

I loved Chibiusa in all of the versions, even the English dub! :bunnykonataeye
Back to top Go down
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?    Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?  I_icon_minitime31st August 2013, 11:44 pm

Never hated her or found her the least bit annoying, and I grew up with the dub. She's actually became one of my most favorite characters in the series.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Torijenova
Cinnaboncat
Star Seed

Star Seed

Title : Sour cream is creamier than it is sour! (=①ω①=)

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?    Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?  I_icon_minitime23rd September 2013, 11:41 am

I absolutely love Chibiusa, including her form in the English dub!
Back to top Go down
nekosenshi
Star Seed

nekosenshi

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?    Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?  I_icon_minitime9th October 2013, 12:19 pm

I am converted.  Chibi-Usa used to be my least favorite senshi.  For some reason I love her now.
Back to top Go down
BleuEyedBrunette
Star Seed

BleuEyedBrunette

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?    Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?  I_icon_minitime12th July 2014, 8:36 pm

I never got the hate for ChibiUsa. I really love her in the anime and the manga.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?    Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?  I_icon_minitime12th July 2014, 8:49 pm

I like her character, but she's my least favorite senshi.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Tiny Kitten
Diana Emeritus

Tiny Kitten

Diana Emeritus

Title : I live between the lands of Fantasy and Delusion. Seren's wifey <333

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?    Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?  I_icon_minitime12th July 2014, 8:53 pm

I <3 Chibiusa ^^ I've said before that when I was younger I thought Usagi and her were sisters and their relationship reminded me of my sister and I xD The bickering, making fun of eachother, but always there for one another =P But she's a very strong character. She might act childish sometimes, but she's willing to do anything for the ones she loves. One example being when she walked through fire to save Pegasus! I adore her =]
Back to top Go down
http://kayariah.tumblr.com/ http://kayariahanime.tumblr.com/
Feorin
Pyramidal Crystal

Feorin

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?    Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?  I_icon_minitime13th July 2014, 8:16 am

I was never a fan of Chibi-usa, not that I hate her, I just tend to like the more adult characters of the show, Makoto, Haruka, Setsuna, Queen Serenity, but not Neo Queen Serenity. It is just my taste.

That being said her character annoys me in its childlike-ness but only because she is totally 900+ Years old! She is like Claudia from the Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice. Forever young, not just in body but in some ways in mind. I feel like that experience should have some horrible detrimental effect on her mind like seriously to be like 6 for nearly a millenia? She is older than doctor who(pre-smith), older than most vampires in whatever cannon you choose. There is tons of literary fiction behind the fact that living that long makes you either incredibly sad, angry, or crazy. 

Now the manga does this best, she is very sad and lonely to start with, and she is lucky, she is not the only one living for 1000 years, the senshi, her parents, and later she meets Pluto all live as long so there is a sense of normalcy there, but she is the only one who is stuck as a child, that has got to mess you up pretty bad inside, but by SuperS she is a happy-go-lucky girl, finally growing up. Now she is my favorite version of herself in SuperS in all the versions but I always expect for some reason their to be more damage... and that's why she bothers me a bit. But, I don't hate her, she is a character that grows the most.  

I also want to blame it all on Usagi, I feel like she had a daughter and loved having a child so much, her heart wanted to keep her small forever, so since the crystal follows her heart, it kept her daughter small forever... I feel like Usagi could have at any moment realized this and fixed it... In this other future in my head Usagi has like a hundred kids because she loves being preggy and a mommy so much she just can't stop doing it. I feel like her personality would be more fertility goddess like. This would also make a very interesting RP... O.x
Back to top Go down
Adelaide
Lotus Crystal

Adelaide

Lotus Crystal

Title : Unashamed Sailor Moon Crystal lover // Formerly Saturn Skyy - until I found out that it was the name of a car

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?    Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?  I_icon_minitime13th July 2014, 12:16 pm

Feorin - I like your theory on why she stayed young for so long.  They never really answered that to my knowledge.

I remember when I was young and watching the dub as it aired, I really liked Chibiusa (or Rini I guess). I just thought she was the cutest thing and I felt I could relate to her more.
Back to top Go down
http://dianathemoonfairy.tumblr.com
Crystalsetsuna
Lotus Crystal

Crystalsetsuna

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Crazy Beardie Lady. Official GC Princess Serenity

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?    Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?  I_icon_minitime13th July 2014, 12:34 pm

agreed Feorin. me and a friend speculated that perhaps even the Silver Crystal influences the hair color of the users child by their color preference! think about it...Usagi's favorite color is pink, and her daughters hair is pink. so if Queen Serenity's favorite color was gold/silver...you would get Serenity's anime/manga hair. boom, magic explaination for Chibiusa's weird hair! XD

also, if you enjoy the "usagi has a hundred kids"...you should check out my 50 Chibiusa project, i think you'll find it an amusing read!

anyways on topic, i generally LOVE Chibiusa when it comes to the manga. the anime...i've grown more fond of her than i used to be, but tend to like her much better in the Super saga and upwards. i especially love her Wicked Lady persona...but the one thing i find it difficult to enjoy, outside of a cracky creativity aspect, is her electra complex with Mamoru...i do understand it, i just dislike how she seems to compete so much with Usagi for Mamo-chan.
Back to top Go down
http://dragcave.net/user/Crystalsetsuna http://crystalsetsuna.deviantart.com/
Feorin
Pyramidal Crystal

Feorin

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?    Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?  I_icon_minitime13th July 2014, 7:29 pm

Omg Crystalsetsuna! 50 daughters is part of the original legend! I love that, totally nailed the fertility goddess thing. 

But, OMG you named them all, gave them odangos, and personalities! Way to go! I love it! Must RP!!!! Life in that royal court must be crazy!
Back to top Go down
Crystalsetsuna
Lotus Crystal

Crystalsetsuna

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?    Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?  I_icon_minitime13th July 2014, 7:37 pm

well i DID make a thread for an rp about it...you can pick whichever girl you like best! or the king or queen...^^http://www.thegalaxycauldronforums.com/t7756-crystal-tokyo-rp-idea-anyone-interested and yes! 50 daughters like the original, because i was reading it one day and remembered how Naoko had taken inspiration from it...so i decided to take it a step further. it took me half a year to make all of them! XD
Back to top Go down
Feorin
Pyramidal Crystal

Feorin

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?    Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?  I_icon_minitime13th July 2014, 7:50 pm

Omfg, doesn't those two run out of genes to share? How do they get that many variations to come out? Usagi, must be augmenting them in womb so she can have a different color set everytime. I love that Mamo gets to name like one... ^^ also, why no boys? The RP should start with that one boy born, age 10 or so, how does he deal? Then you can go through and how each sister interacts with him...

I am so sorry, this is totally off-topic now! I will stop v.v
Back to top Go down
Crystalsetsuna
Lotus Crystal

Crystalsetsuna

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?    Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?  I_icon_minitime13th July 2014, 8:44 pm

hey, if they can make a pink haired, red eyed girl...and a purple haired girl, why NOT other colors? and Mamo gets to name more than one...XD also, no boys because Serenity and Endymion had 50 daughters, not 49 daughters and a son. i stuck with the myth!

....i still rather enjoy the idea of 50 chibiusa clones running around...i wonder if they would all have the same personality?...yikes, mamo buried under chibiusa! CHIBIUSA AVALANCHE!!
Back to top Go down
Princess Luna
Lotus Crystal

Princess Luna

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official Luna.

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?    Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?  I_icon_minitime13th July 2014, 9:52 pm

Crystalsetsuna wrote:
i generally LOVE Chibiusa when it comes to the manga. the anime...i've grown more fond of her than i used to be, but tend to like her much better in the Super saga and upwards. i especially love her Wicked Lady persona...but the one thing i find it difficult to enjoy, outside of a cracky creativity aspect, is her electra complex with Mamoru...i do understand it, i just dislike how she seems to compete so much with Usagi for Mamo-chan.
I totally agree with this. I really like Chibiusa and I love how she grows in the manga, but the whole electra complex always freaked me out. The funny thing about her complex though is she is a lot older than she looks so mentally, even though very slightly, she's older and if she were to fulfill that complex, ew, she wouldn't exist anymore so reality would just end up being totally destroyed.
Back to top Go down
http://meganalburger.weebly.com
RainbowHurricane
Pyramidal Crystal

RainbowHurricane

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Sailor of all that is RAINBOW!

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?    Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?  I_icon_minitime20th July 2014, 7:25 pm

I thought she was alright in the manga but she never annoyed me. Watching the anime again I find her so damn annoying. I just want to slap the hell out of her most of the time. I guess I don't have patience for child characters. For the most part I find them very irritating. From her first appearance in the anime all she's done IMO is cause trouble and be a complete burden to everyone. And I don't like her pink hair. lol
Back to top Go down
PockyPants
Pyramidal Crystal

PockyPants

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?    Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?  I_icon_minitime28th December 2014, 3:19 pm

She is by far my favorite character! I can understand why people find her annoying (in the anime, especially) but one of my favorite things throughout the story is seeing how much she matures. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.etsy.com/shop/maskprops
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?    Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Am I the only one that likes Chibi-Usa?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top