The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Debate: Did the senshi have names other than their planet one?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

Title : Lady of the Forums

Debate: Did the senshi have names other than their planet one? Empty
PostSubject: Debate: Did the senshi have names other than their planet one?   Debate: Did the senshi have names other than their planet one? I_icon_minitime29th July 2013, 9:58 am

So I was poking around, and I was wondering... Did the senshi have any names? Or was it only "Venus" this or "Princess Mars" that? I mean... wouldn't they have been born with names first?  I know from Sailor V that Queen Serenity chose her, and the others, meaning she wasn't.. "born" into the position.

Thoughts? I personally feel like they would have other names, but not the same ones they have in "today's" world... Just because I think that all their parents would have  named them based on their own life experiences (yes I know they all have meaning chosen by Naoko)
Back to top Go down
http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://alittlemisscurious.deviantart.com/
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Did the senshi have names other than their planet one?   Debate: Did the senshi have names other than their planet one? I_icon_minitime29th July 2013, 10:01 am

Perhaps their names could be based of gods and goddess that represent the planet they were born on.Because isn't Serenity based off of the moon goddess?
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Did the senshi have names other than their planet one?   Debate: Did the senshi have names other than their planet one? I_icon_minitime29th July 2013, 10:20 am

I always thought they had their own first names. ^^ :bunnypokerface  but the whole choosing thing vs. being born with the sailor crystal has always bugged me (o.o like... did she choose who the sailor crystal was born to? Did she somehow implant the sailor crystal into her chosen individual? Did it exist outside of themselves, protected by their sailor guardian, and were just born with it the second time around, like how the silver crystal suddenly existed within usagi/serenity? thinkthink)

^__^ Names I have used for them include:

Aphrodite (for because Sailor V manga suggested that it might be so, with her being the reborn goddess?) (also venus yaaay)

Athena (goddess of wisdom and war! It's like Mercury all in one)

Bellona (the roman goddess of war and victory!)

Demeter (goddess of nature (and storms? what whaat))((Juno was considered, for Mako/Jupiter is also rather maternal towards the other, but her connection to nature seemed greater to me. Smile )
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Did the senshi have names other than their planet one?   Debate: Did the senshi have names other than their planet one? I_icon_minitime29th July 2013, 11:16 am

Oh yeah, there is a fancomic that uses all different names for the girls. I believe she based them off of Greek gods/goddesses if I remember correctly (i need to go and reread it xD). I always figured since they are reincarnated many times, they probably had different names in their past, but perhaps when they came to be the guardians of Serenity, they then only went by their Planetary name as a formality. But they often called each other by their real names.
Back to top Go down
Phantom53
Star Seed

Phantom53

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Did the senshi have names other than their planet one?   Debate: Did the senshi have names other than their planet one? I_icon_minitime29th July 2013, 12:03 pm

That's an interesting question. I personally think they had their own names. I mean, I can see them addressing each other as "Venus" or "Mars", etc, or going by "Princess of [insert planet here]".

It's like some Power Ranger stories I've read. In some of those, the writer made it so the rangers refer to each other by color (like, say "Pink, we need backup here!") when they are within earshot of normal people. And that would make sense, as a way to further keep their secret identities, even if their faces are hidden.

So I can imagine the Senshi calling each other that the same way, or formally going by those names. But personally, I think that they would have had different legal names. Most stories just give them their modern ones, and that works. And I know there was a fic that made it so their past life names were variations of their modern ones.

I remember the story, but it's rather long so I can't look for the example there, bu it was similar to what they did in the English dub of the anime, how Princess Serenity was reborn as Serena. See what I mean?

And personally, I would think that if their actual names were the same as their planets, that would lead to a lot of confusion. Like, if Mina's name was just "Venus", then in a conversation, you might not know which "Venus" is being talked about, the planet or the person.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Did the senshi have names other than their planet one?   Debate: Did the senshi have names other than their planet one? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Debate: Did the senshi have names other than their planet one?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top