The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Sailor Neptune's Drabbles & Short Stories

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin
RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Sailor Neptune

Outer Senshi Admin  RP Graphics & Canon Admin

Title : Drinker of Roleplayers' Tears ~ The Internationaliest™

Sailor Neptune's Drabbles & Short Stories Empty
PostSubject: Sailor Neptune's Drabbles & Short Stories   Sailor Neptune's Drabbles & Short Stories I_icon_minitime27th July 2013, 7:00 pm

I wrote this on my Tumblr using prompts from my followers, but for me it doesn't feel like the right media to store stories so I'm posting them here. Feel free to comment. Mind you I wrote this at like 5 am while insomniac and sleep-deprived at the same time so be gentle ^_^

Royal Matters
Prompt: Usagi/Mamoru, Cuddling

The morning sun streamed in through the windows and Neo Queen Serenity stirred from her sleep, disturbed by the light and warmth. Beside her the bed rustled and she felt her husband slowly waking up as well.

A moment later his familiar kiss landed on her cheek. “Wake up, my lady, we’ve got a very important day ahead of us,” he whispered in her ear. She groaned and slipped the blanket over her head. Being queen was so much work. She missed the days when she could sleep in. Now there was almost always business to attend to.

Her king was shifting out of bed, and her hand shot out to catch his arm. “Where are you going?” she asked, feeling cold seeping in already from the absence of his body.

He turned to look at her with amusement. “To get to work, of course.”

She pouted. “Can we cuddle for a while?” she asked, which made him look even more amused.

“Cuddle?” he asked.

She popped her head back out, exasperated. “Yes, Mamo-chan, remember when we used to cuddle?”

He looked surprised; it had been a while since she addressed him with his civilian name. And suddenly he understood what she meant. Without a word, he fell back into bed and encircled his arm around her, for a moment dismantling the role of king he had grown so accustomed of taking on first thing in the morning. “Of course, Usako,” he said gently.

His queen smiled and snuggled closer to him. The important business could wait. After all, they might be running a kingdom now, but they were also still Usagi and Mamoru. And for now they intended to remain that way for a little while longer.

Baby, You're a Firework
Prompt: Rei/Minako, Sparklers

For some reason, Minako had decided that for her birthday, she was going to set up a private concert at the back of the Hikawa Shrine. And it involved sparklers.

“I’m never going to be a real star because of my senshi duties. So the least you can do to appreciate my sacrifice is humor me,” she claimed when the other girls asked why they had to subject themselves to a full hour of Minako’s solo singing.

Nobody could argue with that.

So the stage was set, the audience was patiently waiting, and Minako had changed into what she called her superstar dress. (It was supposed to be what she’d wear to her debut concert in her dreams.) The sparkles were ready and waiting, but as Usagi, Ami, Rei, and Mako waited patiently, Minako’s face paled.

“Oh, no. How could I be so stupid?” she moaned.

“What’s wrong now?” Rei asked impatiently.

Minako looked up at her, all teary-eyed. “I forgot to bring a match. You wouldn’t happen to have some, would you?”

“My grandpa just used the last of it to set Yuichiro’s pants on fire for fun,” Rei replied grumpily.

Minako’s eyes started to get glassy. Any second now she would start crying—her special day ruined. Just like her dreams.

Rei sighed.

Five minutes later, in her senshi uniform, she used Fire Soul on the sparklers. They all lit up like the Fourth of July.

But for Rei, Minako’s face was the brightest of them all.

The Good Wife
Prompt: Makoto/Ami, Cooking

Usually when Makoto was cooking, the activity absorbed her full attention, but today she noticed Ami watching from the other side of the counter while she was putting ingredients into the pot. Mako looked up at her quizzically. “Is something wrong?” she asked. The other girls were in the living room, playing games and reading comics, waiting for dinner to be served. They tried to help earlier, but they just ended up messing up more, and after a scary incident with Usagi nearly chopping off her fingers, Mako had shooed them all away from the kitchen. It was her domain after all.

“No, I’m just… fascinated, I guess. I’m good at learning things but I’m not especially a good cook. I guess some of it is natural talent. I’m curious…” Ami hesitated, looking shy. “If I may ask, what got you into cooking in the first place?”

Mako was surprised. No one had ever asked her that before, and she hadn’t really thought about it in a while. “Well… I like food,” she answered, which made them both laugh. “And I live alone, so it’s kind of a necessity. But also… well…” Now it was her turn to look embarrassed. Ami didn’t push; she just waited patiently for Mako to continue.

“When you’re a… tomboy like me, it’s not always attractive to guys, you know? So I… I guess I decided to try and become good at something… that would make me more desirable. A woman’s talent. So that I can be a good wife someday.” She blushed scarlet. “I mean, it started out that way, but once I actually did it, I found that I really do love cooking. I enjoy doing it and eventually, I did it for myself, not for anyone else.”

“That’s how it should be,” Ami agreed. “And Mako… you don’t have to worry. Anyone would be very lucky to have you for a wife.” She smiled, and Mako’s blush deepened. It reminded her of that time Ami didn’t hesitate to ask her for a dance when she said nobody ever asked her for one because she was so tall.

Somehow, out of all her outspoken friends, it was shy and reserved Ami who always knew the right thing to say.

Last edited by Sailor Crystal Winter on 29th December 2016, 11:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://senshiofserenity.tumblr.com
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Neptune's Drabbles & Short Stories   Sailor Neptune's Drabbles & Short Stories I_icon_minitime30th September 2013, 4:50 am

Ami's Birthday
Prompt: Written for the Writing Contest for Ami's Birthday but it looks like mine was the only entry and it seems to have been canceled.

On her first birthday as a sailor senshi, Ami did nothing out of the ordinary. She knew what to expect when she got home; a note from her mother saying happy birthday and that her belated birthday present would be coming soon—depending on how busy she was. She would also be able to expect a postcard from her father, perhaps with a small painting to go with it when he was particularly inspired. She would make her own dinner, spend extra time in the bath with a good book, and sleep early. It was a routine she had perfected for years and certainly didn’t expect to change anytime soon. Her solitude had actually become her best friend and she had come to appreciate the quietness of her home as a blessing instead of something to lament about.

But when she was about to step out of school that day, Usagi stopped her. “Ami-chan, wait!” she called out, running to catch up. “Do you mind if we come over to your house later?”

Her question perplexed Ami. “Do we have a study session plan I forgot about?” she asked.

Usagi laughed like it was the funniest thing she had ever heard. “No! Of course not for studying. Don’t be silly! Can we come?” she blinked her big innocent eyes up at Ami, and Ami found it impossible to do anything but nod her head even as she imagined her quiet evening plan completely derailed.

“Yes, I suppose—” she started, but Usagi had heard all she needed to hear.

“Yay! I will get the others and be there soon! It will be awesome!” she yelled before she ran off. Ami stared after her with confusion. Exactly what will be ‘awesome’?

She got the answer about an hour or so later when the bell on her door rang. Having changed into more comfortable clothes, she padded to the foyer curiously, and sure enough, when she opened the door she found Usagi, Rei, Mako, and Minako behind it. They were all grinning happily and each brought at least one mysterious package wrapped in colorful papers.

“Come in,” Ami said, still feeling like she had been roped into something she had no idea about and wondering if she had missed something obvious.

“Happy Birthday, Ami-chan!” Minako said excitedly, giving her a huge hug. Ami was surprised, and she didn’t manage to gather her wits and hug her friend back before Minako bounded into the house, commenting about how spacious and lovely it was.

“Happy Birthday, Ami,” Rei said, more formal but still gracing Ami with one of her rare genuine smiles.

“Thank you,” Ami said to both of them. Usagi and Mako had already congratulated earlier at school, and now that she swiveled her head to look for them, suddenly she realized they had already commandeered her pristine kitchen. They were unearthing the biggest box among all the packages, and Mako opened it with a flourish. It was a cake—a simple but elegant vanilla cake with blue frosting and a message on top that said ‘Happy Birthday, Ami-chan!!!’.

Ami gaped at it. That was the first time in recent memory she saw a birthday cake.

“Ta-da! Do you like the cake, Ami? Mako-chan made it herself, so I bet it’s delicious!” Usagi announced. She looked suitably excited now that it had been unveiled, and obviously she was more impatient to taste it than anyone else. But Ami was still staring at it in disbelief.

“Ami-chan, are you okay?” Mako asked worriedly. “Oh dear, you don’t hate vanilla, do you? Maybe I should have gone with chocolate after all…”

“N-no!” Ami managed to find her voice at last. “No, Mako-chan… The cake… it’s wonderful.” She looked up at her friend and tried to suppress the tears threatening to fill her eyes. “Thank you. You didn’t have to… I can’t believe you guys did this.”

“What are you talking about? Of course we have to do this! It’s your birthday!” Usagi said matter-of-factly, looking genuinely confused by Ami’s words. Fortunately, Ami was saved from having to explain when Usagi became quickly distracted by the cake’s frosting. “Ooh! This is so pretty and delicious-looking, Mako-chan!”

As Mako batted Usagi’s hand away, Rei put her hand on Ami’s shoulder gently. Ami turned to her in surprise, but Rei just smiled. She seemed to sense Ami’s wonder and amazement at this whole thing, and more than that, she also understood it completely.

Usagi was planting candles on top of the cake now, and when she reached for the lighter, Rei nudged her out of the way. “Let me take care of this before you burn yourself,” she said, her tone clearly saying that she would not be disobeyed. “There, Ami. You’d better blow the candles quickly so we can cut the cake before Usagi here devours all of it,” she said once all the candles were lit.

Usagi started yelling at Rei, but Ami just laughed. After the initial shock, she had finally relaxed, and she was surprised that she actually felt… happy. Her house had never been this crowded or loud, and yet it didn’t bother her at all. In fact, the place had never looked livelier.

It didn’t take long for her friends to gather around her and sing happy birthday, and listening to their voices joining as one, Ami realized that she had been wrong.

Everything would be different from now on, because she had friends now. She had forgotten about that. Or maybe she just hadn’t known what having friends meant yet.

But as she took a deep breath and blew the candles, she realized that now she did.

It meant she would never have to be alone again.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Neptune's Drabbles & Short Stories   Sailor Neptune's Drabbles & Short Stories I_icon_minitime23rd October 2013, 3:10 am

Second First Kiss
Prompt: Usagi/Mamoru, First Kiss

Usagi Tsukino remembered her first kiss—in both lives—vividly. The one that happened in present day took place right outside her house, after Mamoru walked her home following the incident that resulted in Eil and An’s departure.

He had finally regained his memory again, yet she hadn’t expected it. Not because she didn’t want it, but because she knew he needed time to catch up all over again. To get used to having all the memories that were new and old at the same time.

Plus they were exhausted, and she was actually thinking how nice it would be to get straight into bed when he tugged on her hand gently just before she stepped into her yard. She turned toward him quizzically, a smile automatically forming on her lips. It was so nice to have him—all of him—again.

“Usagi…” He hadn’t come up with his pet name for her yet then. They were still almost strangers in this life, aside from the routine banter they seemed to share whenever they randomly bumped into each other back before their memories returned. It was so odd to see someone and have her soul recognizing his while her brain thought she didn’t know him well at all, and how could she possibly be in love with him?

Ever since she remembered who she was, she had been able to go on as Usagi Tsukino, but it was only when she saw Mamoru that she felt like she was trying to juggle two lives at the same time. Trying to exist both in the past and the present.

His eyes seemed to mirror her feelings perfectly. “I know,” she said, squeezing his hand. They would have to work through this somehow. Start all over again.

His gaze softened, and suddenly all his confusion seemed to clear up. His other hand touched her cheek gently, sending tingling sensations down her entire body. She smelled the scent of oranges—from the tree growing in her yard—and with a jolt a memory came back to her. A juxtaposition. Their previous first kiss had been in a beautiful orange grove down here on earth, and back then the scent had filled her nose too.

And so it seemed only right that in a way history repeated itself; he leaned closer and brushed his lips softly against hers—careful, tentative, questioning. Asking for permission. For a moment he was Endymion again, and she was Serenity, and they were standing in that orange grove under the stars. She returned the kiss with certainty, as sure of it as she knew that they belonged together, always.

The kiss felt the same as it did once, thousands of years ago, but she discovered it was also more. More beautiful, less desperate, more passionate. Because now they carried more experiences, had more love to share. But the best thing was they now belonged in the same world. They were no longer racing against time, against the inevitability of separation.

That was the wonderful thing about new lives. It held new promises.
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Neptune's Drabbles & Short Stories   Sailor Neptune's Drabbles & Short Stories I_icon_minitime3rd November 2013, 10:51 am

I really enjoyed reading these WhiteMoonLady. They were short and to the point of what the stories were trying to tell.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Neptune's Drabbles & Short Stories   Sailor Neptune's Drabbles & Short Stories I_icon_minitime3rd November 2013, 9:53 pm

Thank you! I'm really glad there's some feedback and that you enjoyed it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Neptune's Drabbles & Short Stories   Sailor Neptune's Drabbles & Short Stories I_icon_minitime2nd January 2014, 1:52 pm

Written for the Tuxecret Santa exchange over on Tumblr.

Summary: A closer look on Usagi and Mamoru's wedding, and an attempt to rectify some missing figures. Follows the manga.

Wedding Gift

Usagi Tsukino never thought that she would be getting married—let alone very soon becoming a mother—at twenty two. And yet she felt no hesitation whatsoever. This day was always going to come eventually and she knew it deep in her soul. There was only one person she was meant to be with and no matter how long she waited, the outcome would still be the same.

So why wait?

It was the night before the big day, and she was spending it on Mamoru’s bed. Usagi was not someone who believed in superstitions. Plus, she was invincible; a silly old tradition wasn’t going to be strong enough to curse a love which spanned across space and time. Mamoru was threading her fingers with his as she looked over the details of the event one last time.

“So… you’re really going to put all your bridesmaids in their own wedding dresses. All eight of them.”

“Mm-hm,” Usagi mumbled in answer.

When Usagi told Mamoru that she was going to make all eight of her senshi her bridesmaids, he hadn’t been surprised. Nobody else had ever had that many bridesmaids, but there was no way Usagi was leaving some of them out. Not even the outer solar system soldiers who weren’t as close to her as her four original guardians.

When Mamoru didn’t say anything else, Usagi looked at him with a concerned face. “Why? Is that weird? I just thought it’d be boring if they all wear the same thing. Also, they each have such different fashion preferences…”

He laughed and kissed her fingers. “Of course it’s not weird. You’re one of a kind, Usako. Your wedding needs to be, as well.”

She smiled, put down the papers and leaned in for a kiss. “It’s been a long time since you last called me by that nickname.”

“Well, you’ve grown a lot. You’re not a little girl anymore. You’ve saved the world.”

“For the last time, I hope.” She rested her head against his chest and sighed. Mamoru had stayed quiet again, and she glanced up at him through her eyelashes. “Mamo-chan?” she asked. “…What’s wrong?”

Of course she could sense that something was bothering him. Mamoru knew that he needed to be honest, especially if they were going to start a life together tomorrow. He took a deep breath and admitted, “I suppose I’m jealous.”

“Huh?” Usagi frowned. “Jealous?”

“Of you. You have so many friends to witness our big day, and…”

“Won’t Asanuma-chan be there? And Motoki-kun?” Usagi asked.

“They will, but…” Mamoru hesitated, and Usagi immediately realized those people weren’t the ones he’d been thinking about. She felt like slapping herself. After everything, sometimes she could still be so dense.

“The Shitennou…” she said with a whisper. She reached for his hand and squeezed it. The four generals had never even had the chance to fulfil their true duties in this lifetime before their lives were taken once more, and she knew she was largely to blame for it. It was her and her senshi who had killed them. Yes, she knew they were evil, but she had returned the Sailor Quartet—good people who were similarly brainwashed to work for their enemies—to their original states, and she wasn’t able to do the same for the Shitennou. For her true love’s guardians and friends.

Suddenly Usagi felt overwhelmed with guilt and regret. If only they’d found out sooner who the generals really were… if only they hadn’t been hasty in killing them…

“Hey,” Mamoru’s voice cut off her train of thought, and he gently lifted her chin so that she looked into his eyes. “It’s not your fault.”

“It kind of is,” she insisted.

“Usako.” He shook his head. “There was nothing you could do. You had no idea… you couldn’t have known. Plus, you were just starting out then… you didn’t have the same power you do now.”

“You don’t know that,” she said with tears glistening in her eyes.

“Don’t cry,” he kissed the top of her head. “Please, love. It’s our wedding day tomorrow. You can’t walk the aisle with swollen red eyes.”

“I would probably cry anyway. That’s all I’m good for.”

“Stop this nonsense right now,” his voice had taken a sterner tone. “You’re perfect.” He looked at her with such love that she found she was unable to resist a smile. “There’s no point dwelling on the past. It wasn’t meant to be.” He lay down beside her and pulled up the blanket over them. “Now, you need your beauty sleep. No more crying or upsetting thoughts, okay? Promise?”

She sniffled and nodded. “Promise.”

As Usagi settled beside Mamoru, she found that she was unable to sleep for a long while. Despite what she had said, she couldn’t shake the thought of Mamoru not being surrounded by the people who meant the most to him on his most important day. Long after she heard his breathing slowed as he fell into a deep sleep and the apartment grew completely quiet, she still felt more awake than ever.

Finally, she got out of bed carefully and decided to get some fresh air. Perhaps it could clear up her thoughts and make her feel better. She also planned to raid Mamoru’s fridge for any comfort food.

When she was about to pass the bedroom door, however, something caught her eye. The glass case that held Mamoru’s four most precious stones glinted in the moonlight, and Usagi’s heart constricted with sorrow. As if in a trance, she moved toward the case and rested her hands on it. The glass surface was cool to her touch.

An idea began to form in her head. Something Mamoru had said earlier came back to her. He’d said she hadn’t been as powerful as she was now when she encountered the Shitennou. What if that meant she could bring them back now?

Clutching the Silver Moon Crystal in her hand, she closed her eyes and made a solemn prayer. A prayer to bring back what was important for her future husband. It couldn’t hurt to start the rest of their lives with a miracle.

Warmth enveloped her, and Usagi reopened her eyes. She gasped when she saw four spirits hovering in front of her, translucent yet gradually becoming more solid. Despite wanting it so badly, she didn’t actually think she was going to succeed.

“You’re… you’re here! Are you real?” she remembered to whisper as the four men before her turned completely tangible.

Kunzite bowed before her and gave her a grateful smile. “For the next twenty-four hours, at least. Your sailor crystal is truly magnificent, Princess.”

Usagi’s eyes had gone glassy again, though she deflated a bit when she heard what he’d said. “That’s all? One day?”

“The crystal is powerful, but it isn’t that powerful to cheat death this many times. We are already headed for another lives, but you can be sure we will return to the Prince’s side when that time comes,” Nephrite said.

“Really?” Usagi’s smile widened as hope filled her chest. Sometime in the future, Mamoru could have his companions again, in the flesh. Hopefully for a long, long time.

“But for now, we will be there for his most important day,” Zoisite said.

“Thank you, Princess,” Jadeite added, and Usagi felt joy filling her heart so completely she thought she might burst. Tonight, she had done something right.

The Shitennou’s presence was meant to be a surprise, so Usagi told them not to appear until the very last second. All the anxiety from keeping the secret had made her afraid she wouldn’t be able to stop herself from telling Mamoru, but thankfully he was kept busy with his own preparations until the ceremony began. The long wait paid off when Usagi, from her hiding place, peeked at Mamoru walking to his spot beside the altar and looking extremely shocked to find there were already four other men waiting there, dressed in their formal general regalia.

For a moment he just stood there and blinked, perhaps thinking he was seeing things, but then Kunzite reached out to shake his hand. Mamoru clearly felt how solid and real his hand was, and he stood there in wonder, the faintest hint of tears in his eyes. Usagi looked away as the five friends embraced each other, giving them their private moment. She was due to walk down that aisle any time now, after all.

The wedding march soon began to play, and her line of bridesmaids preceded her into the church. Usagi grinned at each of them, glad that she had allowed them all to wear a dress of their choosing. Everyone looked amazing, and it was almost as if this was a mass wedding with one groom and nine brides. She wondered if Haruka and Michiru would take advantage of the whole setup and tie the knot themselves.

When Usagi finally made her way toward her groom, she tried to blink back tears. It seemed so right seeing his guardians standing there beside him, just like all of hers were going to stand beside her. Mamoru caught her eye and he, too, seemed overwhelmed by emotions. As if this day alone hadn’t been emotional enough. Her surprise seemed to have taken him over the edge.

After they said their vows and got pronounced husband and wife, he pulled her close and smiled. “Thank you, Usako,” he said before kissing her.

Because of course he knew it was her. Who else did he know that could work miracles and loved him enough to conjure one all for him?

“Did I surprise you?” she asked with a playful tone.

“Of course you did. This is the greatest gift anyone’s ever given to me. Truly, thank you.”

“Oh, but they can only stay for one day. I can’t believe I’ve forgotten to tell you. I’m so sorry…” Usagi bit her lip, suddenly deathly afraid she had given Mamoru hope only to destroy it.

But his smile didn’t waver. “I know. They told me. But Usako, this is still a miracle. It’s still a wonderful gift. You’re still the most amazing person I know, and I can’t begin to express how lucky I am that you’re mine.”

Usagi smiled and hugged him tightly, feeling this must surely be the happiest day of her life. She was glad she could make this day perfect for him, too.

Then the two of them joined hands and together, as they always would be from now on, walked out to the cheers and applause of everyone they loved.
Back to top Go down
sailoraphrodite
Star Seed

sailoraphrodite

Star Seed

Title : "I call upon the power of the Goddess of Love. Lend your servant the strength of eternal love."

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Neptune's Drabbles & Short Stories   Sailor Neptune's Drabbles & Short Stories I_icon_minitime29th December 2016, 10:46 am

Very beautiful! I love all of your stories!
Back to top Go down
Moonstone

Moonstone

Title : GC's Official Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Neptune's Drabbles & Short Stories   Sailor Neptune's Drabbles & Short Stories I_icon_minitime1st January 2017, 7:24 pm

All of your short stories/drabbles are wonderful, Neptune! Sailor Neptune's Drabbles & Short Stories 3150097195
Back to top Go down
http://sailorchibiusagi.tumblr.com http://sweetplatypus.deviantart.com
Sailor Neptune
Outer Senshi Admin

Sailor Neptune

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Neptune's Drabbles & Short Stories   Sailor Neptune's Drabbles & Short Stories I_icon_minitime1st January 2017, 8:46 pm

Thank you guys ♥
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Neptune's Drabbles & Short Stories   Sailor Neptune's Drabbles & Short Stories I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sailor Neptune's Drabbles & Short Stories

View previous topic View next topic Back to top