The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Oh, hi there!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Apple Stardust
Pyramidal Crystal

Apple Stardust

Pyramidal Crystal

Oh, hi there! Empty
PostSubject: Oh, hi there!   Oh, hi there! I_icon_minitime8th September 2011, 9:34 am

Hello! My name is Apple Stardust, but Apple is just fine. Smile Obviously being so new here, I hope to meet a few friends~ <3

I've loved Sailor Moon since it premiered in the states in...1995? I was about 4 years old. Smile It honestly stuck with me, all those years, even after it went off the air a few times. I remember being about 10 years old and my dad taking me to Books a Million and letting me buy some of the manga when Mixx held the rights to it. I would also go to our local Flea Market, and there was a man and his wife there that sold a lot of anime, manga, and comic book related things. I would always buy the "skinny" manga to SM, trading cards, toys, anything my little allowance would allow. Very Happy My mom also traveled all over the city to buy the dolls in 2001. o_O Apparently it was hard, lol.

Anyway, aside from Sailor Moon, I am a 20 year old university student. I am a radio brocasting/Journalism (officially journalism, but I want to change to radio broadcasting) major with a minor in German. I am obsessed with languages, though I can only speak two. (English & German, haha.) I am engaged to a wonderful man, who...gave me a ring just like Sailor Moon's engagement ring! <3 I'm not into anime and manga nearly as much as I used to be, but I still have my faves (other than Sailor Moon, of course!) older ones like Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Big O, Chobits, Inu Yasha, etc. Smile I am music obsessed~! I love to talk about bands & musicians anytime. From the 80s hair metal, to Kpop, Visual Kei, 70s progressive....I love most of it! My favourites are David Bowie and Finnish metal band Sonata Arctica; though I'm listening to "Route Venus" as a type this, haha.

My favourite senshi is of course Sailor Moon, but Neptune is also definitely a fav of mine. <3 I hope to cosplay Sailor Moon and Neptune one day...but my sewing skills are lacking. If anyone can suggest a place that's cheap but decent quality at least, it would be super appreciated! <3

Urm, so I think I spoke about myself a bit too much here, I'm sorry! ^^; So hi, nice to meet fellow moonies!
Back to top Go down
Aquarii
Lotus Crystal

Aquarii

Lotus Crystal

Title : They call me Aqua, the Mercury fanatic.

Oh, hi there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, hi there!   Oh, hi there! I_icon_minitime8th September 2011, 10:41 am

hehe, it's nice to meet you! Seems like I'm the only one on right now, but it's better than being stuck here alone. I don't ever see much members who think of Sailor Moon as a favorite. > w <

i'm actually kind of shy atm, because I don't usually give the first reply, but what the heck.

So you are into older animes?? Sweet! I usually prefer watching retro than nowadays when everything is all botchy and watered down. Razz

I also am obsessed with music, but more from the 80s to today, especially some one hit wonders.

But anyways, it's a great pleasure having another member aboard the Galaxy Cauldron! Don't worry, if you ever need me, I'll be here.

^ w O
Back to top Go down
Apple Stardust
Pyramidal Crystal

Apple Stardust

Pyramidal Crystal

Oh, hi there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, hi there!   Oh, hi there! I_icon_minitime8th September 2011, 11:18 am

Hello, Aquarii! <3 Thank you for replying! no need to be shy, I'm surprised anyone replied to all that rambling, haha. It is rather early in the day, I suppose most are at school or work. Smile Yeah, I love what used to play on Adult Swim when it first aired! I haven't seen anything "new", except for Nana, if you count that. (Which is also a great one!)

Yay more music people! It's great to know other people here love music. :DD

And thank you so much for your kindness! Haha, first person I've spoken to! <3
Back to top Go down
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

Title : Lady of the Forums

Oh, hi there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, hi there!   Oh, hi there! I_icon_minitime8th September 2011, 11:47 am

Welcome welcome my dear!! ^^ I love your name a lot Smile Don't know why Razz I just do.

You seem wonderfully bright and happy and I think you will love it here ^^ I am glad you joined! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://alittlemisscurious.deviantart.com/
Apple Stardust
Pyramidal Crystal

Apple Stardust

Pyramidal Crystal

Oh, hi there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, hi there!   Oh, hi there! I_icon_minitime8th September 2011, 11:54 am

Haha, thank you!!!! I use this name alot. Apple being my nickname, and "Stardust" comes from David Bowie's persona in the '70s, Ziggy Stardust. :3

And thank you again! I'm glad I found this place. (Yay Google!) And I want to say....you have created a lovely community here, Lady Galaxia!
Back to top Go down
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

Title : Lady of the Forums

Oh, hi there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, hi there!   Oh, hi there! I_icon_minitime8th September 2011, 12:19 pm

Thank you Apple ^^ I am quite in love with all the amazing people it has attracted <3 And very excited to see more and more of it grown ^^
Back to top Go down
http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://alittlemisscurious.deviantart.com/
Plum
Star Seed

Plum

Star Seed

Oh, hi there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, hi there!   Oh, hi there! I_icon_minitime8th September 2011, 1:21 pm

Heeeey there. Sailor Moon is my favorite too. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://thegrownupsarelying.blogspot.com
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

Oh, hi there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, hi there!   Oh, hi there! I_icon_minitime8th September 2011, 1:28 pm

Hello, Apple. Seems like I'm not the only one to like your screen name, too. Very Happy

It's definitely nice to have you here, and I hope you'll enjoy your stay. ^^
Back to top Go down
Aquarii
Lotus Crystal

Aquarii

Lotus Crystal

Title : They call me Aqua, the Mercury fanatic.

Oh, hi there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, hi there!   Oh, hi there! I_icon_minitime8th September 2011, 2:58 pm

not a problem Apple! ^ ^
Back to top Go down
Alyssa
Pyramidal Crystal

Alyssa

Pyramidal Crystal

Oh, hi there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, hi there!   Oh, hi there! I_icon_minitime8th September 2011, 3:16 pm

Hello, Apple Stardust! It's nice to meet you. Smile I, too, am obsessed with languages! And like you, I can only speak two. Laughing Good luck with your studies and I wish you all the best for your engagement! And welcome to the Galaxy Cauldron!
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

Oh, hi there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, hi there!   Oh, hi there! I_icon_minitime8th September 2011, 7:18 pm

Oh my goodness, you mentioned Big O -- instant love!!! Very Happy Also Cowboy Bebop & Trigun, which is amazing. ^^ Do you know of Samurai Champloo? Utterly amazing.

But that is a rude way for me to start. Smile Welcome to our forum! I hope that you like it here. I remember those Mixx comixs, I have them too! Poor little books with such a fragile spine. Hee. But I still love them!

Your major sounds awesome. Which field in journalism are you going for?

Also, I need to say that between your wonderful username and icon, I am just totally ecstatic. Oh, hi there! 1434556979 I really hope that you stick around! Hopefully we can get to know one another. Smile

And congratulations on your engagement! You must show us the ring sometime. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Apple Stardust
Pyramidal Crystal

Apple Stardust

Pyramidal Crystal

Oh, hi there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, hi there!   Oh, hi there! I_icon_minitime8th September 2011, 8:35 pm

Thank you, Alyssa~!! Nice to meet language nerds. Very Happy What other language do you speak?? And thank you so much for the kind words!

Sailor Jupiter: Not a problem! Very Happy I'm glad you love those too... I'm surprised to meet another Big O fan, I haven't meet any! <3 And actually, my fiance has been getting me to watch Samurai Champloo. I wasn't that into it at first, but as I kept watching it, it definitely gets better!

I know, Sailor Stars #3 of the graphic novels I had literally fell apart I read and loved it so much. I still wish I had the graphic novels, but at least I have the smaller books!

And I'm going into print journalism, hoping to work for a music magazine, if I stick with it. As you can tell, I just really want to work around music!

Ahh, thank you~ I love your icon too! And your signature instantly caught my eye-so sweet. :3 I would love to be friends!

And thank you so much on the congratulations. I will have to dig into the depths of my photos on my laptop & show you guys!

Back to top Go down
NauticalNeptune
Pyramidal Crystal

NauticalNeptune

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Goddess of the Sea

Oh, hi there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, hi there!   Oh, hi there! I_icon_minitime8th September 2011, 11:26 pm

Welcome!!!! Why there was so Many !!s there idk. It's late but welcome; you'll love it here! Neptune is awesome-- I love her too if you can't tell by my name and icon xD
Back to top Go down
http://ednakrabappel.tumblr.com/
Toft
Pyramidal Crystal

Toft

Pyramidal Crystal

Oh, hi there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, hi there!   Oh, hi there! I_icon_minitime9th September 2011, 3:23 am

Yeaaaah Cowboy Bebop! I actually like Samurai Champloo even more, it's such an amazing cultural remix. But Cowboy Bebop was one of my first loves. *g*

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
http://tofsla.dreamwidth.org
Apple Stardust
Pyramidal Crystal

Apple Stardust

Pyramidal Crystal

Oh, hi there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, hi there!   Oh, hi there! I_icon_minitime9th September 2011, 10:07 am

Thank you, NauticalNeptune! <3 I can definitely tell. Very Happy Neptune is amazing, and gorgeous!

It is, Toft! Champloo is definitely different from anything else, but so is Bebop! And thank you~!
Back to top Go down
NauticalNeptune
Pyramidal Crystal

NauticalNeptune

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Goddess of the Sea

Oh, hi there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, hi there!   Oh, hi there! I_icon_minitime9th September 2011, 10:26 am

Hee<3 Yes she is! ^^
Back to top Go down
http://ednakrabappel.tumblr.com/
Alyssa
Pyramidal Crystal

Alyssa

Pyramidal Crystal

Oh, hi there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, hi there!   Oh, hi there! I_icon_minitime9th September 2011, 5:13 pm

Likewise! I speak French, although I'm still learning. I also speak a bit of Farsi, however, I can't read or write in Farsi, unfortunately. And I'm starting to pick up a little bit of Japanese from watching my anime subbed, but I don't think that counts. Laughing And you're welcome! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

Oh, hi there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, hi there!   Oh, hi there! I_icon_minitime9th September 2011, 6:07 pm

Apple Stardust wrote:
Sailor Jupiter: Not a problem! Very Happy I'm glad you love those too... I'm surprised to meet another Big O fan, I haven't meet any! <3 And actually, my fiance has been getting me to watch Samurai Champloo. I wasn't that into it at first, but as I kept watching it, it definitely gets better!

I know, Sailor Stars #3 of the graphic novels I had literally fell apart I read and loved it so much. I still wish I had the graphic novels, but at least I have the smaller books!

And I'm going into print journalism, hoping to work for a music magazine, if I stick with it. As you can tell, I just really want to work around music!

Ahh, thank you~ I love your icon too! And your signature instantly caught my eye-so sweet. :3 I would love to be friends!

And thank you so much on the congratulations. I will have to dig into the depths of my photos on my laptop & show you guys!

Big O is an odd one but to me one of my all time favorites. I am not sure why it sticks with me so much but I adore it. One of the highest points for me is Roger's VA, who is just such a smexy man. Hee. Wink I like the music a lot as well, especially when they have episodes with piano melodies. Some really gorgeous ones!

That is utterly tragic on your book falling apart. >_< I have to be so careful with mine because, as you know, they fall apart so easily! Will you be buying the reprints?

The image in your icon is one of my all time favorite images of Usagi & Mamoru. It is so quiet and sweet and intimate. They are in such a romantic embrace but Serenity is almost playful in the way she is touching Endymion's mouth. And this may be silly but I love the way Mamoru's hands are clasped behind her back, showing how closely she is pressed against him. Oh gosh, I am being too much of a sap here. >_< But I cannot help it!

Gyah, thank you for liking my signature! I think that it is the most beautiful line out of the manga, really.

Can't wait to see pictures of your ring! Do not leave us waiting for long! Very Happy And I love your desired field in journalism. I think writing is such an exciting thing. Smile Any particular music genre?
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

Oh, hi there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, hi there!   Oh, hi there! I_icon_minitime9th September 2011, 6:10 pm

Welcome to the forum! I can't help but think of Applejack from My Little Pony whenever I read your username though. XD Haha. It also seems we like a lot of the same older anime/mangas. Yay chobits and big o and Trigun!!
Back to top Go down
Chillygodzilly
Lotus Crystal

Chillygodzilly

Lotus Crystal

Title : Previously Lovely Lexi

Oh, hi there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, hi there!   Oh, hi there! I_icon_minitime10th September 2011, 8:57 am

Welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
http://www.chillygodzilly.tumblr.com http://chillygodzilly.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/baybswurl95
Apple Stardust
Pyramidal Crystal

Apple Stardust

Pyramidal Crystal

Oh, hi there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, hi there!   Oh, hi there! I_icon_minitime10th September 2011, 9:20 am

Alyssa wrote:
Likewise! I speak French, although I'm still learning. I also speak a bit of Farsi, however, I can't read or write in Farsi, unfortunately. And I'm starting to pick up a little bit of Japanese from watching my anime subbed, but I don't think that counts. Laughing And you're welcome! Very Happy

Ooo, French! I took a semester of that in high school. xD I did like it, though it was rather funny cos my French teacher constantly told me I sounded like a German trying to learn French. Lol! Farsi is a fascinating one, I tried to learn it's sister language (kinda), Arabic. It definitely didn't stick. xD I'm hoping to learn Finnish & Korean!

Sailor Jupiter wrote:

That is utterly tragic on your book falling apart. >_< I have to be so careful with mine because, as you know, they fall apart so easily! Will you be buying the reprints?

The image in your icon is one of my all time favorite images of Usagi & Mamoru. It is so quiet and sweet and intimate. They are in such a romantic embrace but Serenity is almost playful in the way she is touching Endymion's mouth. And this may be silly but I love the way Mamoru's hands are clasped behind her back, showing how closely she is pressed against him. Oh gosh, I am being too much of a sap here. >_< But I cannot help it!

Gyah, thank you for liking my signature! I think that it is the most beautiful line out of the manga, really.

Can't wait to see pictures of your ring! Do not leave us waiting for long! Very Happy And I love your desired field in journalism. I think writing is such an exciting thing. Smile Any particular music genre?

I'm not too surprised, like I said, I read & read it. Smile Plus, like you said, they're super fragile! I'm definitely buying the reprints; I put my pre-order at BAMM last week after scaring a customer & the manager. xD Yay fangirling, lol.

And thank you so so much! <3 I completely agree, and that's mostly why I chose it. I haven't read alllll of the manga, but I've heard their relationship is so much more beautiful in the manga. It's totally okay to be a sap, cos I am too. ^^;;;;

My ring~~~~~ (I hope you can see it, it's webcam quality. I took this photo the day it happened for my FB friends. Smile

Oh, hi there! 222073_10150180054886382_829061381_6679882_3627528_n

Brit-chan wrote:
Welcome to the forum! I can't help but think of Applejack from My Little Pony whenever I read your username though. XD Haha. It also seems we like a lot of the same older anime/mangas. Yay chobits and big o and Trigun!!

Haha, that's cute! I love Applejack! <3 And yes! I've been wanting to re-watch Chobits lately, especially since the original Japanese is on Netflix :3
Back to top Go down
Apple Stardust
Pyramidal Crystal

Apple Stardust

Pyramidal Crystal

Oh, hi there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, hi there!   Oh, hi there! I_icon_minitime10th September 2011, 9:20 am

Lovely Lexi wrote:
Welcome to the forum!

Thanks, Lovely Lexi! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Yumi
Saturn Emeritus

Yumi

Senior Member  Saturn Emeritus

Title : (∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。magical weirdo, Original Saturn

Oh, hi there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, hi there!   Oh, hi there! I_icon_minitime10th September 2011, 9:22 am

welcome to the forums Smile
Back to top Go down
http://vibrantthinking.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/YumiSplash?feature=mhee
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

Oh, hi there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, hi there!   Oh, hi there! I_icon_minitime10th September 2011, 9:44 am

I LOVE YOUR SHINY I AM SO JEALOUS. XD

/freaking out
Back to top Go down
Apple Stardust
Pyramidal Crystal

Apple Stardust

Pyramidal Crystal

Oh, hi there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, hi there!   Oh, hi there! I_icon_minitime10th September 2011, 1:39 pm

Sailor Yumi wrote:
welcome to the forums Smile

Thank you~

Brit-chan wrote:
I LOVE YOUR SHINY I AM SO JEALOUS. XD

/freaking out

Aww, thank youuuu! It's the most beautiful thing I've ever received. <3
Back to top Go down
electricBonBon
Pyramidal Crystal

electricBonBon

Pyramidal Crystal

Oh, hi there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, hi there!   Oh, hi there! I_icon_minitime11th September 2011, 5:13 am

Herzlich Willkommen! : D
I like your nickname, by the way. *_*
Back to top Go down
Apple Stardust
Pyramidal Crystal

Apple Stardust

Pyramidal Crystal

Oh, hi there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, hi there!   Oh, hi there! I_icon_minitime11th September 2011, 5:16 am

electricBonBon wrote:
Herzlich Willkommen! : D
I like your nickname, by the way. *_*

Danke sehr. :DDDD

I like yours, too! And thanks! <3
Back to top Go down
Sailor Cosmos
Founder Emeritus

Sailor Cosmos

Founder Emeritus

Title : Soldier of the Cosmos

Oh, hi there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, hi there!   Oh, hi there! I_icon_minitime11th September 2011, 11:36 am

Hello! It's so nice to have you join us! <3
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Mileyangel321
Alyssa
Pyramidal Crystal

Alyssa

Pyramidal Crystal

Oh, hi there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, hi there!   Oh, hi there! I_icon_minitime11th September 2011, 7:38 pm

Aw, haha! At least your tried to learn French. Smile Since French is one of Canada's primary language, all elementary school children are required to study it up until grade nine. I plan to study it through grade twelve so I can get a certificate. Wink Do you still remember any of it? Ah, yes, Arabic. Lol! Again, at least you tried. It's better to have the courage to try something than to not try at all. Very Happy I'm trying to learn some Japanese, too, but so far there has been little progress. XD Finnish and Korean? Wow, you're very ambitious! I wish you luck!

By the way, I love your ring! It's very pretty. <3
Back to top Go down
Apple Stardust
Pyramidal Crystal

Apple Stardust

Pyramidal Crystal

Oh, hi there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, hi there!   Oh, hi there! I_icon_minitime11th September 2011, 10:28 pm

Alyssa wrote:
Aw, haha! At least your tried to learn French. Smile Since French is one of Canada's primary language, all elementary school children are required to study it up until grade nine. I plan to study it through grade twelve so I can get a certificate. Wink Do you still remember any of it? Ah, yes, Arabic. Lol! Again, at least you tried. It's better to have the courage to try something than to not try at all. Very Happy I'm trying to learn some Japanese, too, but so far there has been little progress. XD Finnish and Korean? Wow, you're very ambitious! I wish you luck!

By the way, I love your ring! It's very pretty. <3

I remember very, very little sadly. I didn't stick with it at all. I kind of wish I did though! I can say the normal "hello" and "thank you" "how are you" and the like. Also...I'm very known for starting languages and then not finishing them. (Except for German, it always stuck with me.) But I'm really hoping to stick with Finnish & Korean. Also, I have a friend who is Canadian who told me about that! But she stopped taking French cos she was tired of it. Anyway, good luck with Japanese & Farsi!

And thank you so much!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oh, hi there! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, hi there!   Oh, hi there! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oh, hi there!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Galaxy Cauldron :: The Basic Stops of GC :: Introductions-