The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Sailor Moon Dic Promo

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

Sailor Moon Dic Promo Empty
PostSubject: Sailor Moon Dic Promo   Sailor Moon Dic Promo I_icon_minitime6th September 2011, 11:24 am

Okay I was thinking about Dic's promo commercial for Sailor Moon today for no reason XD And I was wondering if you saw this before the show the came out would you watch it? I know it was promo that Dic was using to get TV stations to air the show, but still would you watch it? Oh, and if you saw the Japanese version first pretend you never saw it.

I think I would watch it despite how lame the promo is.

here's the link in case if anyone hasn't seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEXqoPgbH0c
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Dic Promo   Sailor Moon Dic Promo I_icon_minitime6th September 2011, 11:32 am

I have never seen that before and I must be honest, it was so cringe-worthy that I could not watch the whole thing now. lol. But for back then, such advertising was not out of the ordinary. Even when I was younger, I was never into the whole "super girl!" themed shows, books or movies. Sailor Moon kind of snuck up on me because I stumbled upon it on TV one day.

So. If I saw that advert today, I would promptly change the channel. If I saw the episodes on like I did when I was younger, I would watch it. If I saw the promo back then, I still would have switched the channel. XD

Thank you for sharing this! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Toft
Pyramidal Crystal

Toft

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Dic Promo   Sailor Moon Dic Promo I_icon_minitime7th September 2011, 12:14 am

Ahahaha, oh wow, that is so full of fail. Very Happy No, I totally wouldn't have watched the show if that was what I got to know about it. I mean, it took me so long to realise there'd be stuff I would love in there anyway, even without terrible promos getting in the way! *laughs*
Back to top Go down
http://tofsla.dreamwidth.org
Nina
Star Seed

Nina

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Dic Promo   Sailor Moon Dic Promo I_icon_minitime7th September 2011, 2:26 am

MOON POWER! Sailor Moon Dic Promo 2041938683
You know the commercial is bad when they need to use Zoisite in drag and Neil Armstrong to promote Sailor Moon. If I knew nothing about the show, I'd think France, Italy, Spain, Hong Kong, Japan are insane.
Luckly, I never came across this at the time I was watching Sailor Moon for the first time. (It would be impossible anyway because I was watching R in 1995)

When Carrie says "Sailor Venus" it sounds like "Sailor Fetus".
And Mercury's name is Blue? Really? Sailor Moon Dic Promo 847989599
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Dic Promo   Sailor Moon Dic Promo I_icon_minitime7th September 2011, 11:43 am

Oh, wow ... That is just ... *Full body shudder.*

I'm glad I didn't see this before watching it, XD. And, really, what is with the butchering of the character names even in English? Sarah for Mars, and Blue - of all things - for Mercury?

Once again, the stupidity of some commercials amazes me, XD.
Back to top Go down
Siren
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Dic Promo   Sailor Moon Dic Promo I_icon_minitime7th September 2011, 12:38 pm

Yes I did see it and still ended up watching just cause I am a sucker for those kind of shows.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Dic Promo   Sailor Moon Dic Promo I_icon_minitime7th September 2011, 2:38 pm

What gets me is that TV stations gave it a green light. If I was TV producer I wouldn't want to air that! I guess the whole better than turtles and rangers combine! What's really sad Sailor Moon wasn't popular until it was aired on Toonami. That's when I saw it.
Back to top Go down
Siren
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Dic Promo   Sailor Moon Dic Promo I_icon_minitime7th September 2011, 3:36 pm

Well this was some time ago when it did aired for DIC. In today's age it wouldn't make it past thinking about ahaha. Thats how far we have come with that, TV producers wanting something for little girls since Rangers and Turtles where more toward the boy crowd, so they had to try something.

But yes, today's age it wouldn't fly on the market and it would be made severe fun of heh. They have gotten better at premoting things ahahaha.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Dic Promo   Sailor Moon Dic Promo I_icon_minitime7th September 2011, 7:11 pm

I doubt they would air it today anyway even with a good promo. It's rare to see a magical girl show on US TV channels.
Back to top Go down
Apple Stardust
Pyramidal Crystal

Apple Stardust

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Dic Promo   Sailor Moon Dic Promo I_icon_minitime27th September 2011, 11:09 am

I just watched that.

I've....omg. I don't even.

The laughter, I had to stop the video.

There are tears in my eyes
Back to top Go down
Amaranta
Star Seed

Amaranta

Star Seed

Title : Argenteenager

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Dic Promo   Sailor Moon Dic Promo I_icon_minitime27th September 2011, 8:02 pm

Oh I get it now, she's called Blue 'cause her hair and her outifit are blue! hahaha How clever! Rolling Eyes

"We're talking about some serious MOON POWER!" ... What is air? XD

Would I've seen this? It depends, if it was five year old little me I would be drooling all over in expectation xD But now, no way, I wouldn't be able to sit throu the whole thing. XD

Ah my gawd, does 'the Masked Tuxedo' sound lame.
Back to top Go down
http://madremarte.tumblr.com
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Dic Promo   Sailor Moon Dic Promo I_icon_minitime27th September 2011, 8:07 pm

Quote :
h I get it now, she's called Blue 'cause her hair and her outifit are blue! hahaha How clever! Rolling Eyes

That's why???? I never noticed that before XD
Back to top Go down
Reiko
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Daughter of Apollo

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Dic Promo   Sailor Moon Dic Promo I_icon_minitime28th September 2011, 11:43 am

Why did they show Zoisite as Sailor Moon? That was a terrible marketing choice. If I saw that I would be creeped out by "Sailor Moon's" expression and not want to watch it.

What's hilarious is seeing the plain text being stacked over the images. That kind of marketing was top notch back in the 90s... now it's compulsory thanks to programs like Windows Movie Maker.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AtTwelve34
Nina
Star Seed

Nina

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Dic Promo   Sailor Moon Dic Promo I_icon_minitime28th September 2011, 4:05 pm

Reiko wrote:
Why did they show Zoisite as Sailor Moon?

Maybe they thought that footage of Zoisite as Sailor Moon looked cool. Maybe they didn't even notice the difference or wanted to use the scenes and thought the kids at home wouldn't notice. I agree, Zoisite as Sailor Moon looks evil.
Spoiler:
Sailor Moon Dic Promo 124253740
Back to top Go down
SailorCelestialTiger
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Dic Promo   Sailor Moon Dic Promo I_icon_minitime24th February 2012, 10:09 pm

The only good thing I can say about this is that, with the exception of Blue, I think the dub names in this video were better than the names from the actual dub.

The voices, though...I'm frightened. Will someone hold me?
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Dic Promo   Sailor Moon Dic Promo I_icon_minitime24th February 2012, 10:19 pm

Well I never had any problems with Rei's dub name seeing how it was pronounced the same way, but spelled differently. I didn't mind Ami's either. Hey at least it starts with an A lol. I liked Minako's seeing how Artemis calls her by Mina in the Japanese version. I liked Usagi's name I thought it was pretty.
Back to top Go down
SailorCelestialTiger
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Dic Promo   Sailor Moon Dic Promo I_icon_minitime24th February 2012, 10:31 pm

Well, the good thing I can say is that at least all of what DiC did was better than the dreck Toon Makers came up with. O.o;
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Dic Promo   Sailor Moon Dic Promo I_icon_minitime24th February 2012, 10:50 pm

Indeed.
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Dic Promo   Sailor Moon Dic Promo I_icon_minitime14th July 2012, 11:49 pm

Quote :

Maybe they thought that footage of Zoisite as
Sailor Moon looked cool. Maybe they didn't even notice the difference
or wanted to use the scenes and thought the kids at home wouldn't
notice. I agree, Zoisite as Sailor Moon looks evil.
Since they were capitalizing on the whole Power Rangers comparison thing, maybe they thought it would remind kids of the episodes where the Green Ranger was evil. I think if I saw this first I still probably would have watched Sailor Moon. When I was a kid, I always loved the girl superheriones in action cartoons the most, but I was always disappointed that their powers were either presented as weak like Jubilee in X-men or they rarely ever actually appeared like Batgirl in Batman, so the idea of a girl power superherione cartoon would have been right up my ally.
Back to top Go down
Enterprise
Star Seed

Enterprise

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Dic Promo   Sailor Moon Dic Promo I_icon_minitime26th July 2012, 12:33 pm

Usagi/Serena = Victoria
Ami/Amy = Blue
Makoto/Lita = Sarah
Rei/Raye = Daina
Minako/Mina = Carrie
Tuxedo Mask = The Masked Tuxedo

Interesting name changes, I guess. Ami being named "Blue" is kinda hilarious, who names their kid that? And Usagi doesn't fit the name Victoria at ALL. I can kinda see Minako as a Carrie though. Sarah is alright as well. Daina .. nah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Dic Promo   Sailor Moon Dic Promo I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sailor Moon Dic Promo

View previous topic View next topic Back to top