The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

New Smash Bros. won't have story mode, cutscenes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

New Smash Bros. won't have story mode, cutscenes Empty
PostSubject: New Smash Bros. won't have story mode, cutscenes   New Smash Bros. won't have story mode, cutscenes I_icon_minitime25th July 2013, 6:45 am

Masahiro Sakurai confirms some of Brawl's features cut for new entry; performance-altering character customization confirmed.
The upcoming Super Smash Bros. game for Wii U and 3DS will not feature a story mode or cutscenes, creator Masahiro Sakurai has confirmed.

In his bi-weekly column for Famitsu (via Kotaku), the designer explained that many of the videos from Super Smash Bros. Brawl's Subspace Emissary mode appeared online, taking away the novelty of the experience for the player, Sakurai said.

Source

This is some surreal reasoning right here. By that same logic you can opt not to release the game at all because people could ruin their gameplay experience by watching videos online. The character customization sounds promising but until more information is available I withhold judgment.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Torijenova
zodiacrain
Pyramidal Crystal

zodiacrain

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: New Smash Bros. won't have story mode, cutscenes   New Smash Bros. won't have story mode, cutscenes I_icon_minitime25th July 2013, 6:50 am

That's a shame- I'm not very good at battle games, so I was glad Smash Bros had a single-player story mode.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: New Smash Bros. won't have story mode, cutscenes   New Smash Bros. won't have story mode, cutscenes I_icon_minitime25th July 2013, 7:37 am

SADNESS!! I loved the story mode thing! It's stupid to take it away because people can look it up online. If people used that logic more often then video games would stop existing. >.>
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: New Smash Bros. won't have story mode, cutscenes   New Smash Bros. won't have story mode, cutscenes I_icon_minitime25th July 2013, 9:30 am

It's just a huge step back for both the franchise and the genre. Nowadays most fighting games have a storymode feature and games like the latest Mortal Kombat is making them bigger and bigger as a part of their games. Not to mention with the feature being in the predecessor it's a step back on both fronts.
Back to top Go down
brrrandiZZLe
Lotus Crystal

brrrandiZZLe

Lotus Crystal

Title : Brandi, the official Usagi of the forums ^.^

PostSubject: Re: New Smash Bros. won't have story mode, cutscenes   New Smash Bros. won't have story mode, cutscenes I_icon_minitime25th July 2013, 9:35 am

Character customization? Like what? -.-

I guess after making the same game for sooooo long they have to do something different or else people will get bored. Although I personally will never get bored of Smash Bros, but I could see some people being like well I have Melee and Brawl and N64 and they're all so similar so why should I get yet another one :p

But I guess they're already doing that with MegaMan and all them peepz.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoon-love.tumblr.com http://www.sailormoon-love.tumblr.com
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: New Smash Bros. won't have story mode, cutscenes   New Smash Bros. won't have story mode, cutscenes I_icon_minitime25th July 2013, 9:46 am

brrrandiZZLe wrote:
I guess after making the same game for sooooo long they have to do something different or else people will get bored. Although I personally will never get bored of Smash Bros, but I could see some people being like well I have Melee and Brawl and N64 and they're all so similar so why should I get yet another one :p

Doesn't seem to stop Call of Duty for some reason...
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: New Smash Bros. won't have story mode, cutscenes   New Smash Bros. won't have story mode, cutscenes I_icon_minitime25th July 2013, 9:59 am

I'm probably in the minority that didn't actually like the Subspace Emissary. It took a long time for the plot to get fairly decent and got tedious rather quickly. Especially the point at the end where you had to do pretty much the whole emissary all over again just to get to Tabuu. I will give the developers credit for trying something different but I felt certain aspects could have been improved.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: New Smash Bros. won't have story mode, cutscenes   New Smash Bros. won't have story mode, cutscenes I_icon_minitime28th July 2013, 9:21 am

On account of having no Wii (that sounds wrong) I haven't played the game and can't say one way or another. My opinion is mainly drawn from what we see in latest gen titles, but even then the reason for removing it just baffles me. I can't help but wonder if this is a mistranslation on somebody's part. Where's Miki when you need her?
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: New Smash Bros. won't have story mode, cutscenes   New Smash Bros. won't have story mode, cutscenes I_icon_minitime15th November 2014, 5:06 pm

This was something I wish I knew before purchasing the 3ds version. I was really upset considering the subspace emissary was so fantastic. Oh well. At least I can throw mii's into the game as characters from different fandoms.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Smash Bros. won't have story mode, cutscenes   New Smash Bros. won't have story mode, cutscenes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Smash Bros. won't have story mode, cutscenes

View previous topic View next topic Back to top