The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) Empty
PostSubject: GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!)   GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) I_icon_minitime21st July 2013, 7:34 pm

GALAXY CAULDRON ROLEPLAY GAME EVENT:
CLUE!
Perhaps a picture shall be added here.

Join a team of super sleuths as you attempt to solve a mystery… before your life ends!

That’s right, ladies and gentlemen, inspired by a recent game of Mafia run by our own Natasha, the Galaxy Cauldron Roleplay Forum proudly presents a version of Mafia where rule 9 has been crossed out with the largest bright red sharpie marker ever made!

Clue Gameplay Rules:

WELCOME TO THE FIRST EXPERIMENTAL GAME.
As the rules suggest, Clue will be run a bit differently from Mafia games. In this game there will be one or two “murderers” (their actual title will be released with the plot), one “Protector” running in the doctor role, and everyone is an investigator, but in a different way than per usual. I’ll roll a random die every night and the party guest connected to that die will get a clue based on where they and their partner are sent via PM. They can choose to share the information or keep it to themselves, choose to write it in their diary, or even give out false clues, but every night at least one person will discover a clue to who the “murderer” is, or they are not, and why they’re going around KO’ing people.

Diaries will be used in this game to keep track of what you learn and who you disclosed the information to. Diaries might be the only true in-character thing in the game; you can write a diary entry every night, or only when you learn a clue, or to write your suspicions; when you die your Diary might be the only way to pass on pertinent information. ... or leave everyone scratching their heads. The only people who must write in their diary are our "murderers"; they only need one entry, just something that heavily hints that they have changed. I'll send everyone their first diary entry to give you something to go off of, and what your character knows before the party!

Just like in the game of Clue, there will be different rooms to investigate, as well as different ‘weapons’ used to KO a person, but rather than trying to find all of these out, just like in the Movie “Clue”, you’re simply trying to figure out who’s behind all of this and determine whether they have any accomplices you need to watch out for. I’ll be releasing game sheets similar to the sheets in Clue that you can choose to use, as well.

So! Who’s in? and have any questions?

List of Players:
Sailor Mars
Natasha
Yamichan16
Arichan
Thunderdome
AkikoUranus
Verdandi
Light
ZodiacRain

Last edited by Sailor Uranus on 29th July 2013, 8:38 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!)   GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) I_icon_minitime21st July 2013, 7:36 pm

I'M GONNA TRY AND MAKE TIME FOR THIS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!)   GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) I_icon_minitime21st July 2013, 7:38 pm

I'm signing up for this!!! =)
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!)   GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) I_icon_minitime21st July 2013, 7:46 pm

SIGN ME UP!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!)   GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) I_icon_minitime21st July 2013, 7:50 pm

Yay!
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official NaoUranus/myuteer

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!)   GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) I_icon_minitime21st July 2013, 7:51 pm

GO ahead and count me in I will let you know if I am unable to play but I should be able to.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!)   GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) I_icon_minitime21st July 2013, 7:56 pm

Gotcha! ^^ Just keep me informed! XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!)   GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) I_icon_minitime21st July 2013, 8:02 pm

I'm not in, sorry! GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) 1948543417 

I'm just not currently comfortable RPing in something of this scale yet, but I will say I'm very excited to watch this game when it gets started!

You were probably a little too happy to cross off Rule 9 weren't you, Uranus? :bunnykonataeye
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!)   GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) I_icon_minitime21st July 2013, 8:11 pm

"Totes cool"? xD!!! lol. 

This looks awesome Uranus! sign me up!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!)   GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) I_icon_minitime21st July 2013, 8:59 pm

AkikoUranus wrote:
I'm not in, sorry! GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) 1948543417 

I'm just not currently comfortable RPing in something of this scale yet, but I will say I'm very excited to watch this game when it gets started!

You were probably a little too happy to cross off Rule 9 weren't you, Uranus? :bunnykonataeye

XD Lol! I just see that rule and go "GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) 3541594201 but it could be so fun..."

It'll be pretty light on the RP side, really; the more the idea has evolved and with the diary work that'll be going on, the actual game conversations don't actually need much embellishment at all - you don't really have to describe a whole lot of anything if you don't want to. For example, two totally acceptable posts could be something like this:

Say it's night three and Sailor Lead Crow has just been found murdered.
Sailor Aluminum Seiren wrote:
The moment the lights came on, Aluminum Seiren heard a scream. Nervously she ran with her search partner, Sailor Tin Nyanko, towards the sound, at once wondering who had been nixed and thankful that it hadn't been herself. As she rounded the corner she saw Lead Crow passed out on the carpet, a syringe of purple goop poking out of her back. She felt terrible. "Oh no... Sailor Lead Crow!"
Tin Nyanko wrote:
*rushes back into the living room* Dang. Lead Crow. Four of us are down - I found Papillion's diary and she was innocent, so woops, right, Galaxia? *side-eyes Galaxia suspiciously* You were the one pushing for us to knock her out last round. Have anything to say about that? Neaow?

And Thunderdome, you's in! GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) 111859084  Supes cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!)   GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) I_icon_minitime21st July 2013, 9:18 pm

Okay, sounds easy enough!

I'm in!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!)   GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) I_icon_minitime21st July 2013, 9:19 pm

YAY!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!)   GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) I_icon_minitime21st July 2013, 10:25 pm

Sailor Uranus wrote:
Say it's night three and Sailor Lead Crow has just been found murdered.
Sailor Aluminum Seiren wrote:
The moment the lights came on, Aluminum Seiren heard a scream. Nervously she ran with her search partner, Sailor Tin Nyanko, towards the sound, at once wondering who had been nixed and thankful that it hadn't been herself. As she rounded the corner she saw Lead Crow passed out on the carpet, a syringe of purple goop poking out of her back. She felt terrible. "Oh no... Sailor Lead Crow!"

Noooooo, not Lead Crow!!!! ;-;  Awwwwww GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) 1948543417 

Anyway, I LOVE this idea. I've always wished mafia had a bit of a roleplay aspect to it, and this seems brilliant, so sign me up please!!! GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) 1434556979
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!)   GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) I_icon_minitime21st July 2013, 10:30 pm

Well this way we can have Clue AND Mafia! >D
Back to top Go down
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

Title : GC's Official Saphir

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!)   GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) I_icon_minitime22nd July 2013, 1:39 am

I'm still not too sure how it will work, but why not, I'm all ready to fail. I'm in ^^
Back to top Go down
zodiacrain
Pyramidal Crystal

zodiacrain

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!)   GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) I_icon_minitime22nd July 2013, 6:19 am

I'm definitely interested! Sign me up!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!)   GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) I_icon_minitime22nd July 2013, 8:25 am

Hooray!

The way this first game is written it's meant for 10 (maybe 11 if necessary) people, and we've already got 9GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) 3186387542  Excellent news, mwahahahahha

The first game is small-ish because I'm still working out kinks in how this will play; ^^' even if all the clue aspects crash and burn and then explode into sparkly confetti that turns out to be tiny scraps of metal that irritate everyone's skin and people are running around screaming and coughing and covering their eyes while trying not to breathe in the painful air and its sharp ninja-star like metallic components, the game will just dissolve into a rp'd mafia game, so we should be good either way, right? Except for that whole shrapnel business, which is easily avoidable by changing the setting into a world where everyone is robots. Because then tiny airborn metallic scraps would be more like it's raining icecream (If alll the raindrops were lemon drops and gum drops...) than like it was raining painful and itchy death.

ANYWAY

ONE MORE PERSON AND WE'LL GET THIS WAGON-TRAIN A'MOVIN.
Back to top Go down
zodiacrain
Pyramidal Crystal

zodiacrain

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!)   GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) I_icon_minitime22nd July 2013, 8:34 am

So the game will start right after we get a tenth person? I'm excited!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!)   GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) I_icon_minitime22nd July 2013, 8:34 am

WOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTT!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!)   GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) I_icon_minitime22nd July 2013, 8:43 am

zodiacrain wrote:
So the game will start right after we get a tenth person? I'm excited!

>D Yessss, right after the tenth person has joined (and I see it) I'll be sending out PM's with roles and Diaries (plus diary information) and creating the game board. Fingers crossed I don't forget anything. XD

!! OH BUT ONE THING I DID FORGET WAS TO MAKE THE CLUE SHEETS/Logic Boards/whatever. Do you guys want me to make those, or do you want to make your own? (If so, I suggest using excel) 

((I'll be back after running some errands))((C'mon tenth person!))
Back to top Go down
zodiacrain
Pyramidal Crystal

zodiacrain

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!)   GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) I_icon_minitime22nd July 2013, 10:46 am

I think Excel sheets could work if you tell us the proper way to format them.

Will we being role-playing with Sailor Moon characters?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!)   GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) I_icon_minitime22nd July 2013, 10:51 am

I don't have excel....

I'd like if it you did make sheets that we can edit in paint or something. I have one of those really old crappy computers with nothing microsoft on it. =(
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!)   GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) I_icon_minitime22nd July 2013, 10:53 am

WAIT A MINUTE GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) 3658275139  

I CAN'T COUNT GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) 1404836419  

GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) 1637294219  WE ONLY NEED 9 PEOPLE BECAUSE THE FIRST DEATH STARTS EVERYTHING OFF

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!)   GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) I_icon_minitime22nd July 2013, 10:55 am

WOOOOOOOT!
Back to top Go down
zodiacrain
Pyramidal Crystal

zodiacrain

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!)   GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) I_icon_minitime22nd July 2013, 11:16 am

Yay! I can't wait!

I think that if the sheets are like what I'm remembering, even a notepad document will work. If the sheets are like Clue sheets, then you just need to check off whenever you've confirmed someone innocent, right?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!)   GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) I_icon_minitime22nd July 2013, 11:19 am

zodiacrain wrote:
Yay! I can't wait!

I think that if the sheets are like what I'm remembering, even a notepad document will work. If the sheets are like Clue sheets, then you just need to check off whenever you've confirmed someone innocent, right?

Yep! Or guilty. Or if you wanted to note where you were each night and who partnered with whom and who died, what happened, what clues were revealed, etc., but then all of that could easily be thrown into your diary.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!)   GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) I_icon_minitime22nd July 2013, 11:26 am

Okay. So maybe do you mind posting a picture of what a clue sheet looks like in the main thread? Because I've never played clue before. I can just use a notebook if it is that simple, but just a basic layout will help.

Thunderdome and I will be out today. I have an ob appointment and bills to pay, but we should be back around 7 pm pacific time. Many hugs!
Back to top Go down
zodiacrain
Pyramidal Crystal

zodiacrain

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!)   GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) I_icon_minitime22nd July 2013, 11:41 am

Sure! The one I linked to is fan-made, but it's close enough to the original Clue score card. The Clue score card is pretty simple- the only reason there are multiple boxes next to a character's name is so that you can reuse the paper each time you play the game. 

I'm not sure if the score card for this game will be as simple as the Clue card, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!)   GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) I_icon_minitime22nd July 2013, 12:35 pm

Question!

How do I change the spoiler thing to say 'OOC' instead?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!)   GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) I_icon_minitime22nd July 2013, 12:37 pm

Code:
[spoiler=ooc]Oh-ho, I'm sneaky ooc speaking.[/spoiler]
ooc:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!)   GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GCRP Game Event: CLUE (Sign-Ups CLOSED!)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top