The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) Empty
PostSubject: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!)   The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) I_icon_minitime19th July 2013, 9:18 pm

What is the craziness that Natasha is up to today? Well as apart of my "Accountability Challenge", we are working on any kind of project, whether it is writing stories, fanfics, essays, etc etc. This is one of my several projects that I've been meaning to get to. This challenge is from Carl and Pam's Sims 3 forum, but because of something that happened there, I'm not quite fond of their forum and would rather document it here. 

I will be completing this challenge (You can read it in the spoiler) with the following sims 3 expansions and stuff packs: 

Sims 3, Pets, Generations, Late Night, Seasons, Showtime, Supernatural, World Adventures, Outdoor Living, Katy Perry Sweet Treats, Master Suite, Diesel Stuff, Town Life, Ambitions, High End Loft, Hidden Springs, and Monte Vista.

I will be playing with the following settings:

Population Control:

Witches: no
Vampires: no
Fairies: no
Werewolves: no
Pets: yes
Horses: yes
Celebrities: yes
Opt active household out of Celebrity System: no

Environment Options: 

Lunar Cycle: Singular Lunar Phase on Waxing Gibbeous

Seasons Settings: 

Winter: On (28)
Fall: On  (28)
Spring: On  (28)
Summer: On (28)

Temp: Farenheit 
Weather Options Enabled: Hail, Rain, Snow, Fog

Spoiler:

[*]

Feel free to join Zodia and I if you like, but please post your own thread. Brandi told us to move our stories to this section of the forum! =D

Last edited by Natasha on 19th July 2013, 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!)   The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) I_icon_minitime19th July 2013, 9:21 pm

[b style="color: rgb(51, 51, 204);"]Generation 1[/b]

Name: Kyle Anderson

Lifetime Wish: The Perfect Garden (Complete)

Career: Gardener

Super Maxed Skill: Gardening (Complete)

Other Maxed Skills:

Building:  Flying V's Coffeehouse (Complete)

Property:  Summer Hill Springs (Complete)

3 Lifetime Rewards: No Bills Ever, Super Green Thumb, Fireproof Homestead (Complete)

[b style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(51, 51, 204);"]6 Best Friends:[/b][b style="font-weight: bold;"] Jason Anderson, Jeffrey Anderson, Mortimer Goth, Dorothy Mcclain, Holly Alto[/b]

6 Opportunities: Lettuce Help Out, Uncommonly Good, Great Greens, Outstandingly Rare, The Fruit of Life, The Omnificient Plant (Complete)

Portraits: Young Adult, Adult,

Photographs:  Young Adult, Adult

Ice Sculptures:  Young Adult, Adult

Generation 2

Name:  Jeffrey Anderson

Lifetime Wish: The Culinary Librarian

Career: Cooking

Super Maxed Skill: Cooking

Other Maxed Skills: Fishing

Building: Divisadero Budget Books (complete)

Property: Pinochle Pond (complete)

3 Lifetime Rewards: Change Lifetime Wish

6 Best Friends:

6 Opportunities: A Fishy Science Project

Portraits: Toddler, Child, Teen,

Photographs: Toddler, Child, Teen,

Ice Sculptures: Toddler, Child, Teen,

Spoiler:

Generation 3

Name:

Lifetime Wish:

Career:

Super Maxed Skill:

Other Maxed Skills:

Building:

Property:

3 Lifetime Rewards:

6 Best Friends:

6 Opportunities:

Portraits:

Photographs:

Ice Sculptures:

Generation 4

Name:

Lifetime Wish:

Career:

Super Maxed Skill:

Other Maxed Skills:

Building:

Property:

3 Lifetime Rewards:

6 Best Friends:

6 Opportunities:

Portraits:

Photographs:

Ice Sculptures:

Generatiton 5

Name:

Lifetime Wish:

Career:

Super Maxed Skill:

Other Maxed Skills:

Building:

Property:

3 Lifetime Rewards:

6 Best Friends:

6 Opportunities:

Portraits:

Photographs:

Ice Sculptures:

Generation 6 

Name:

Lifetime Wish:

Career:

Super Maxed Skill:

Other Maxed Skills:

Building:

Property:

3 Lifetime Rewards:

6 Best Friends:

6 Opportunities:

Portraits:

Photographs:

Ice Sculptures:

Generation 7

Name:

Lifetime Wish:

Career:

Super Maxed Skill:

Other Maxed Skills:

Building:

Property:

3 Lifetime Rewards:

6 Best Friends:

6 Opportunities:

Portraits:

Photographs:

Ice Sculptures:

Generation 8

Name:

Lifetime Wish:

Career:

Super Maxed Skill:

Other Maxed Skills:

Building:

Property:

3 Lifetime Rewards:

6 Best Friends:

6 Opportunities:

Portraits:

Photographs:

Ice Sculptures:

Last edited by Natasha on 29th July 2013, 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!)   The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) I_icon_minitime19th July 2013, 9:22 pm

Prologue: Who is Kyle Anderson? 

The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) Screen25

The view of the ocean from my new yard was beautiful. The blue waves glistened underneath the sun, reflecting fish swimming along the ocean floor near the sandy shore. Someday, I would have children running around in the water trying to pet those fish, when they weren't begging for ice cream sandwiches or building castles in the sand. Someday, I would have a beautiful wife who would smile and laugh as our children ran in circles around the two of us, singing the alphabet or yelling about how someone stole their doll.

It was a life that I thought I would have already be living with someone else. But it was too late for that.

I never really thought that I would move from the city life in Starlight Shores, but after everything that happened, I just had to leave.

What happened you may ask? Well, in order to understand that, you need to know about my past.

Nine months before I was born, my mother and father talked for hours about the idea of having a baby. Dad was worried about finances, thinking that the cost of a child would be too great, especially in comparison to the debt ratio in their lives. My mother though, she didn't care about that. Her womb ached, she longed for a child more than anything, and since they were past their thirties, she was unwilling to compromise. She had to have at least one child during their marriage, or she would leave.

Around the same time, their best friends, Jack and Miley, (Or the Cleartons, as I know them) decided that they wanted a child too. With a shared dream, mom and Miley would talk about their plans for the baby rooms, or what they wanted to do for their joint baby shower. They shared all of their big pregnancy events together while dad and Jack confessed to each other that they were nervous about becoming fathers.

Nine months zipped by quickly for the soon-to-be parents, and after long hard hours of contractions and aching and screams of, "You did this to me!" Marissa and I were born.

We seemed to jog right past the newborn and toddler stages of our lives. Honestly, the only thing I can recall from those years was my big block table. Our childhood took longer to get through, especially before we became teenagers. Our bodies were changing, and suddenly I realized that Marissa wasn't like me. She was a girl. A girl who was emotional, and crazy, and downright beautiful. She was a girl who I could play video games with and admit my passion for growing food. Marissa would tell me all about her dreams of opening a restaurant. We even opened up a bake sale "shop" where we would sell all of her homemade goodies at the park to those walking their dogs or doing their morning run.

Everything was perfect, until we went to high school. While we may still have been best friends, Marissa had grown apart from me. Instead of joining the gardening and cooking clubs like we had agreed on, she went for jazz dance and cheerleading instead. While I put together recipes for desserts like devil's chocolate cake with a maple cream cheese filling for the restaurant that I hoped to help Marissa open someday, she was lost in her own little world doing flips on the football field.

Things went worse from there, because she had met him. Drake Larson, the captain of the football team. The little time that we had left together was our lunch hour, and instead of spending it talking with me, and being my friend, Marissa giggled and cooed about how handsome Drake was. Instead of spending time sharing ideas for the restaurant we were supposed to open together right out of high school, I was bombarded with questions like, "How do you know if a guy likes you?" and "Do you think that this dress will catch Drake's attention?"

It was disgusting.

I believed when we were kids that we would fall in love. When we would play pretend, we were husband and wife, and her dolls were 'our' children. My dad always told me that someday, if I was patient, Marissa and I could get married for real. The idea seemed to be a dream that our parents shared. Now I see that all those feelings I had back then were one sided. I had fallen in love with my best friend, but she had fallen in love with the high school jock instead.

That's just the way it goes, doesn't it?

It wasn't until our twenty-first birthday that I gave up on her. Marissa and I had decided to go to a bar for the first time. While we were there we drank...a lot. Which is only natural when you were never allowed to before. Soon the room became slightly spinny, and somewhere in the crowds we lost each other. I couldn't find Marissa the entire night. Until I went to the men's restroom where I intended to spend a good fifteen minutes throwing up my insides for the first time that night.

And that was when I saw her clothes on the floor of one of the bathroom stalls. I finally had figured out where she had been all that time.

Let's just say I didn't stay. I basically ran all the way home, forgetting about that amazing thing called a cab which was meant to get you there faster. All I could think about was Marissa's clothes, and how crushed I was. Had I meant so little to her that she abandoned me on our birthday to sleep with some guy? Some guy that couldn't have at least been me?

The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) Screen26

The next morning my bags were all packed and I was off to Sunset Valley to start over. How else do you get over heartbreak?

The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) Screen27

Besides, Sunset Valley is a place where I can grow as much food as I wanted and have plenty of yard to spare. Sure I would be starting with nothing but the clothes on my back and a camera to take pictures with, but I could work my way up. I needed to prove to myself that I didn't need Marissa to be happy...besides, she had signed up for Hell's Kitchen anyways.

Hopefully her dreams will come true, and I...well hopefully I would figure out a new dream. Hopefully I would find a new life without Marissa Clearton.

The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) Screen28
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!)   The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) I_icon_minitime19th July 2013, 9:23 pm

Chapter One: Finding a Job

I needed a job... desperately! I couldn't afford to be unemployed when I didn't even have a toilet to use! But where is a newcomer going to find work when they have no money to start a business and nothing but a plot of land? Not to mention, the only real skill that I have is gardening, but how was I going to make a career out of that?

The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) Screen29 

I pull out my iPad in hopes that my neighbors, who looked extremely wealthy, hadn't put a password on their wifi. After waiting for a few moments for a network to connect me to the internet, I thank the Vitos' profusely in my head.

Using the best tool known to mankind, also known as google search, I was able to find a local job agency. The agency was located across the street from the park at City Hall. The park was listed right underneath City Hall as a place where regular festivities were held for all the sims in the area to enjoy.

The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) Screen30  

When I arrived at City Hall, I felt strangely out of place. You know that feeling you get where you feel like you're the only person who doesn't belong? It's like being your friend's tag along for a Halo competition, when you don't even know how to use the analog sticks on an Xbox 360 controller in the first place! That was how I felt. Here I was, wearing a blue t-shirt with a picture of a Toyota Prius that I had no hope of ever buying, while everyone else around me was wearing business suits or casual formal wear. I reach my fingers up to pull my collar away from my neck, suddenly feeling sweaty and out of breath from anxiety.

"Can I help you?" I hear a soft voice ask from the front desk. I turn my attention to the direction of the voice and feel a sense of relief when I see a young girl wearing headphones sitting there. The girl clicked and clacked away at her keyboard, continuing her work as she waited for me to approach her.

Gulping quietly to myself, I walk to the front desk. My nerves ease completely when the girl, who on closer inspection looked like a teenager intern, smiled brightly at me.

"I-I need help finding a job." I confess awkwardly, feeling embarrassed that a teenager had managed to land a job on her own while I, a young adult, was asking her for help in attaining one.

"Oh! Not a problem, sir!" The red head responds to me, still smiling the entire time. "I'll just let Holly know you are waiting for her...Mister..?"

"Anderson." I answer her question with a small smile, trying to be as kind and as patient as she was.

"Right!" The teenager gives me a thumbs up, making me chuckle lightly to myself. If all the residents of Sunset Valley were as kind as this girl, I had been nervous for no reason at all. "Okay, she'll see you in the back. Holly is in room 6B."

"Thanks so much!" I exclaim, winking at her before happily making my way to my new destination.

. . .

An hour later and I was walking out of City Hall with a dumbfounded look on my face. I had managed to land a job, but it was one I hadn't expected at all. I look down on the large file full of legal documents in my hand. I think back to the meeting that had landed me this crazy job in the first place.

Initially, the first thing Holly had offered me was the position of a gardener. The job was basically self employment and my income would fluctuate depending on the season, how the quality of my produce was, along with with how much food I actually managed to sell. My promotions would also be based on my earnings. The career seemed risky and made me feel nervous for my well being, until she told me it would be a cover up for my real job.

"There is a magical food called Ambrosia," She had whispered from across the desk, sliding a large file my way. "It's supposed to help people to become immortal. I want you to figure out the recipe and test it."

My eyes widened at her words. I looked from wall to wall, searching the corners where the walls and ceiling met for security cameras, or a clue that Ashton Kutcher would jump out at any time screaming, "You just got punked!"

There was nothing to prove my expectations for the situation was true. Like, at all. This woman was being legit, no matter how crazy she sounded to me. I returned my gaze to hers and waited for her to continue talking insanity.

"The thing is, this is a government ran experiment. You'll have to keep quiet about it; you cannot tell anyone what you are doing." Holy explains to me, a grim expression planted on her face.

"Can I at least tell my parents?" I asked anxiously. How could I keep anything from the two people who loved me more than anyone else in the world? They were the only people I have in my life right now, even if I no longer lived close to them.

"Absolutely not!" Holly snapped at me, making me jump in my seat from surprise. She opened another file she had pulled from her desk, fanning out pictures of strange looking sims.

She pointed to a picture of a man who had a large mustache on his awkwardly pointy face. His clothes were ripped all over, and covered with grass stains in several places. He looked almost as if he spent a majority of his time racing through the woods chasing after deer and other wild animals. The creepiest part of the picture, was the fact that he was eating a fish alive with his bare teeth...which were fanged.

"This is a werewolf, Kyle. And here-" She pointed to the picture beside it of a yellow winged woman wearing pink and purple leaves for clothing. "Is a fairy."

"No way! Those creatures only exist in movies!" I protested loudly. There was no way that such thing existed. At least, not in reality!

"It's true, Mister Anderson. They do exist, and that isn't all." Holly pulled her hair back behind her shoulders before she shook her head and continued, "There have been reports of witches, genies, vampires, ghosts, and here's the big kicker...mermaids."

I thought I had heard it all when Holly had mentioned fairies and werewolves, but she just had to bring up mermaids too. Mermaids! I couldn't contain myself any longer. I slapped my knee and busted out laughing, feeling tears forcing their way against my pupils.

"Seriously, you're a hoot, Holly. Anyways, I gotta go." I continued to laugh hysterically, wiping tears from my eyes, "Mermaids... what a joke!"

"This is no laughing matter, Mister Anderson!" Holly cautioned me. She leaned closer to me from over her desk. "The reports were mainly coming from Moonlight Falls, but then spread very rapidly from Bridgeport, Hidden Springs, and even Twinbrook! We have to find out what's going on, and I think that Ambrosia might be the key to solving the puzzle!"

"So, why are you telling me all this? I mean look at me!" I asked, stupefied by the craziness of this job hunt. "Why expect some kid who's the biggest skeptic ever to believe this insane story?"

Holly smiles warmly at me, reaching for my hand before whispering, "I have a good feeling about you. Call me crazy, but-"

"I do." I interrupted her with laughter glistening in my eyes.

"BUT I believe you can help us to unlock the secret of immortality." The business woman smirked before adding, "Besides, if you succeed, you'll get filthy rich while doing it."

I pondered these things for a moment. Immortality? Wealth? I'll admit that it sounded like an amazing life.
But...what about Marissa?

Could I really live longer than her? Could I handle living with the fact that she would be dead for thousands of years while I pined over a life I never got to have with her?

"I... I have to think about it." I answer hesitantly. I honestly didn't know what to do.

"Well, when you come to your senses and decide to take this amazing opportunity, meet up with Agnes Crumplebottom."

"Why?" I inquired, wondering why someone with such a hideous name could be required for this mission.

"She's the best resource for you to succeed." Holly answered, before adding as an after thought, "Her address is in your file."

Holly dismisses me with a wave of her hand, urging me to leave through the door. She was done speaking with me, and obviously had other important things she had to attend to immediately.

The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) Screen31 

When I arrive home, I plant the starts of my garden, putting all the love I can into the very soil itself. As I garden I wonder what kind person Agnes is. She sounds like an old bag lady. An old bag lady who was grumpy and mean all the time.

The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) Screen34

After a while, I begin to feel alienated and alone. I admire the only thing on my plot of land besides my newly established garden, a wedding arch surrounded by orange and pink flowers.

I used to pick flowers for Marissa all the time. I took pride in making her homemade bouquets and surprising her with them. She loved all the thoughtful things I did for her, but I guess she never really understood the true meaning behind all those surprises.

The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) Screen33

"What are you doing now, Marissa?" I ask the air, sighing to myself. "Are you thinking of me too?"

I wait for a response, and when there of course is no answer, I feel ridiculous.

I guess I would never know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!)   The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) I_icon_minitime19th July 2013, 9:23 pm

Chapter Two: Agnes Crumplebottom

I'm not exactly sure what made me change my mind. At first, I sat in front of the wedding arc thinking about Marissa and wondering if there was some way that I could make her become an immortal with me. However, when I read over the long file Holly had given me, the answer was a firm no. The rules stated that only the firstborn child of every generation along with myself could become an immortal.

Apparently, the government wanted to test eight generations of a family line to see if Ambrosia morphed or changed the blood genetics of the human body. They wanted to see if we would pass on blood that would perhaps change us into the supernatural creatures they were getting all these reports about.

So, basically, if I agreed to the job, I would be relinquishing my entire family to an government funded science project. Not only that, but I would watch my wife, and any child or grandchild who wasn't born first, die. How could I make this kind of decision for my entire family before they were even born? Would it even be right?

But then again, there was fame and fortune associated with this choice. While my family lived, I could give them the very best. I could let them have their every wish and desire. Not only that, but I could help my parents pay off their house and even send them on a trip to France for their 50th anniversary like they had always wanted. I could help my parents by paying off all of their debts and letting them retire early!

While in many ways, this could be considered a tragic choice, at the same time it could also be considered the best decision that I could ever make in my life. Maybe it would be worth all of the hard work and the sacrifices I would have to make.

But there was only one way to find out...

I'm surprised when my phone begins to ring. I pull the phone out of my pocket, quickly unlocking my phone with the password "1111".

"Hello?" I answer, bringing the small electronic device up to my ears. I grin when I hear my mother's loud and ecstatic voice on the other line.

"Hey, baby!" Mom squeals, obviously overjoyed to hear my voice as well. "How's my lil' Ky Ky doing?"

I groan before responding, "Mom, you know I hate that nickname! I'm not a baby anymore."

"But you'll always be my baby, Ky." Mom explains, "Even if you're living all on your own, you'll still be my little boy."

"I know, I know."

"Have you found a job yet?" Mom wonders, her voice laced with overtones of concern and worry.

"You are talking to the official "Cucumber Smasher" of gardeners, mom!" I joke, rolling my eyes at the ironic name of the first rank of people who were supposedly taking care of food. "I'm going to work my way up and make something of myself."

"I'm so proud of you, Kyle." My mother beams over the phone, and even though she isn't here and I couldn't see her, I can still imagine her smile. The same smile that radiated pride as she would reach down to hug me and hold me in her arms when I was a small child. For now, the memory would have to be enough, rather than the actual hug itself.

"Thanks, mom. You know I love you?"

The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) Screen35 

"I love you too, Ky. Don't forget to write, okay?" When mom ends the phone conversation, a little piece of me seems to break inside.

"I won't."

. . .

The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) Screen36

The next day, I find myself standing in front of a large residence on the other side of town. Who ever this Agnes Crumplebottom was, she certainly wasn't hurting for money like I was.

I pace back and forth in front of the door feeling unsure of my decision. Surely, this woman would think I was a total idiot. I wasn't even dressed to meet someone of actual wealth. I didn't even own a suit. This was a mistake.

Out of panic, I race down the steps to head back home. I would just raise a garden and live a calm life without any other expectations or duties.

But then, she opened the door behind me and everything changed from there.

There comes a time when you know that someone is meant to be in your life. Your heart skips a beat, everything around you seems to fade away except for that one special person, and you know know that this is meant to last forever.

The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) Screen37 

Not to sound corny, but that's what happened to me with Agnes. I ignored her strange haircut and the fact that she was wearing all black as if she were mourning. Nothing really seemed to matter to me except for the fact that she was standing across from me, shaking my hand.

"Hi there!" Her voice jingled in my ears, making my lips twist into a goofy grin. "You must be Kyle. Holly mentioned that you might be stopping by."

The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) Screen38

"Hi." I answered, my goofy grin still plastered to my face. I watched as she walks up the stairs of her porch, completely mesmerized by the woman standing in front of me.

"Would you like to come inside?" Agnes asks, holding her front door open, inviting me into her home.

I follow behind her after realizing I had been staring and slap myself mentally when once again I say the word, "Hi."

Agnes laughs as I enter the house, shutting the door behind her. "You're so funny! Let me show you around."

"Hi!"

Oh. My. God. What the hell was going on with me? Why was I acting like a love struck teenager all over again? I grimace to myself when Agnes laughs once more. She must think that I'm a total idiot.

"Your house is lovely." I finally managed to spit something out of my mouth besides the word 'hi' during the short tour of her home. After showing me her foyer, bathroom, kitchen, dining room, and her living room, Agnes stops in front of the stairs.

"Thank you. I'm sure yours is nice as well."

"If nothing but an empty yard full of grass makes a lovely home, then I've got the best house in Sunset Valley!" I joke, trying to break myself away from the giddy high school flirting I seemed to have going on. "So, what's upstairs?"

The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) Screen39

Before giving the young woman a chance to speak, I sprint up the stairs, excited to see the content of her second floor. When I reach the top floor, a half decorated room with nothing but a crib and a picture of giraffes glares back at me.

Agnes soon joins me, her eyes following the direction of mine before she turns to walk away. She doesn't speak a single word, but she didn't have to in order for me to understand what had happened.

"I'm so sorry, Agnes." I place my hand on her trembling shoulder, attempting to comfort her. "I shouldn't have come up here."

"It's fine." Agnes replies, her voice muffled by her arms as she wipes her face of the small tears that had pooled in her eyes. "You didn't know any better. Besides, how were you supposed to know that my husband died before we could have a child?"

I feel remorse building up in my gut for being nosy and invading her privacy, especially when she begins to sob. Suddenly her dressing in all black made sense. She was still mourning the loss of her dead husband, and it couldn't have been that long.

"I guess it wouldn't be so bad if I had someone. He's been gone for over a year, but I just can't seem to get over it when I'm all alone!" Agnes confesses. In that moment I want to give her the entire world. I want to give her everything she desires with the exception of her deceased husband. As far as I know, that was impossible.

But if she let me, I could give her children, I could give her a happy future where she no longer had to mourn over the loss of her husband and the child that they never conceived. I could help her start anew, just like I had. We could do it all together.

The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) Screen40

I grab Agnes by her shoulders and turn her around. With all of my hopes relying on this single action, I lean in and give her a kiss in the heat of the moment. At first she looks shocked, but then she pulls me in close for another.

The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) Screen41

When we break our kiss, I decide to act spontaneous and throw caution to the wind. I got down on one knee, and I proposed.

"I know this is totally crazy and sudden, but we want the same things. If you give me a chance, I can give you children. I can give you love. I'll give you anything that you want if you promise to be mine."

The speech was corny and stupid, but apparently Agnes was a hopeless romantic, because she said yes. 

The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) Screen42

We were married within minutes, in her bathroom of all places, but that's what she had wanted.

And I promised to give her whatever she wanted, so long as she promised to be mine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!)   The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) I_icon_minitime19th July 2013, 9:24 pm

Chapter Three: The Simple Things 

Our first night of being married was probably the most frustrating one. Due to my special 'job' I wasn't allowed to leave the residence the government had helped paid for. So, Agnes and I spent the night selling her furniture, her home, and getting what we could for them. Unfortunately, we only accumulated twenty thousand simeoleons. We may have been able to get more by selling her car if it hadn't been crashed into by some crazy ice cream truck! Well, it was only worth eighty thousand simeoleons. No big deal.

We used all the money we had to build a simple starter home. The construction took hours, and in the end, the only thing that the construction worker, Natasha, had completed was the design of the outside of the home, our bathroom, kitchen, and dining room. We didn't have enough money to continue construction or buy more furniture, so we were currently sleeping where the dining room should be until we could earn more funds. There's just so much more construction to do and I never imagined that getting married and building a house in one day could be this stressful!

Agnes and I agreed to wait until we finished building our home before we try to have our first child. She has dreams and goals of becoming an Illustrious Author while I dream of having the Perfect Garden. While trying to achieve these lifetime wishes, we could save the money we earned to keep building our home and making the place a perfect environment to raise our children in. After all, our kids would deserve the absolute best in life that we could give them during the less wealthy part of our lives.

If only that ice cream truck hadn't drove over the car...

The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) Screen50

I would say that married life seems to keep me humble. I always feel relaxed and happy, but never too full of myself either. I've learned that Agnes can be sensitive and crazy at times. I have to watch what I say so then I don't sound like I called her fat or wierd or whatever. Don't get me wrong, Agnes is amazing, but she's like any other woman. They take things personally sometimes and we tend to have no idea what we did wrong. But after a couple of days of mistakenly saying her make up looked goth (all I asked was if she wanted a different shade of lipstick at the store.) and insulting her hair (By asking if she wanted the hair clips and other pretty stuff her sister offered her.) she decided to change her look. And when she walked out of the house in a tank top and shorts with her hair straightened, my jaw practically dropped. This was what Agnes had been hiding behind that crazy hair and dark clothes? Damn!

The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) Screen48

Some people my age may say that being married was lame. That doing the same things every day could be considered absolutely mundane and boring, but I'm not quite sure about all of that nonsense.

The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) Screen49

Personally, I love waking up next to my beautiful wife, kissing her on the forehead as she continues to snore away like an angel. I enjoy getting up at five am everyday to take a long, hot shower, singing some silly song stuck in my head like "Red Solo Cup" by Toby Keith or "F.U.N." from Spongebob Squarepants. I'm ecstatic when I hop out of the shower, dressing quickly so then I can go outside to water and harvest fruits and vegetables of all kinds, which I had grown with my own two hands. I love the feel of the soil in my palms, the scent of fresh apples and lemons invading my nostrils as I hum to myself while I pick all the weeds out of my garden. There was so much joy to be found in the smallest things, like growing your own food, or picking a banana off a tree for a morning snack.

The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) Screen47

Next, I would go inside to see if the apple of my eye was awake. There was nothing more I would want than to embrace her in my arms, touching her cheek with my hand before spinning her around, and leaning her down for a passionate kiss. Usually though, I am instead greeted by sizzling and popping sounds of butter in a frying pan while Agnes adds a gooey pancake mixture to the pan. Every morning she would cook a delicious breakfast for just the two of us. And maybe in a couple years she would be cooking for two or three more. If we had our way, that is.

The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) Screen46

After enjoying yet another wonderful meal with my precious wife, I leave our home to hunt for special and rare seeds to grow in my garden. I was certain that perhaps if I kept searching for these seeds that maybe I would come across a special plant that would help to create the Ambrosia the government so desired to know more about. Holly truly had been smart when she told me to seek out Agnes. After all, I had all the tools to find and grow the ingredients for Ambrosia, while Agnes had dabbled in homemade cooking for most of her childhood. She, like Marissa, had the skills to cook the most amazing meals, and this was vitally important to the Ambrosia project.

The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) Screen51

While I was out searching for seeds, I would often come across rare gemstones, wild flowers, and even special pets which I was able to sell for plenty of money. I managed to put a thousand or so aside in order to buy Agnes a sculpting station. As an at home wife, Agnes dabbled in many hobbies including writing, fishing, cooking, painting, handiness, and sculpting. She talks about joining me in the garden at times, but I tell her that that my garden is my special place. So, while I work on gardening, gathering, and collecting, Agnes works on her hobbies.

The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) Screen44

A couple of times a week I visit the consignment shop with fresh high quality fruits and vegetables of my harvest. After long days of dealing and waging with the dealer at the consignment shop on proper prices for my hard work, I would go home and check in everyday to see how sales were going. BY the end of my first week living here, I had reached level 5 of my career. Our first future child wasn't too far away after all. My career would be reaching it's highest rank someday soon. I was already half way there after all. And besides, we would need to think about trying soon, for Agnes had already aged to an adult.

The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) Screen43

And doesn't Agnes seem like perfect mother material?

Well, I think so!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!)   The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) I_icon_minitime21st July 2013, 6:18 pm

Chapter Four: Fortune

The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) Screen54

It was a simple sentence, really. However, in the grand scheme of things, that simple sentence was more complex than all of that. As Agnes brushed her thumb over my cheek, I smile. On the inside though, all my insecurities were bursting at the seams. The little sentence was one which made a man doubt himself. It made him doubt his ability to provide, it made him doubt his career and everything else.

"I'm ready to have children now."

The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) Screen55
Having kids meant diapers, bottles, strollers, and cribs. Having kids meant clothes, toys, and school supplies. It meant all the things that we couldn't quite afford yet while our home was in the middle of construction. At the same time though, Agnes was getting older and what kind of husband would I be if I denied her the one thing she wanted more than anything?

Even I knew the answer to that: a bad one.

The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) Screen60

And I would never be the husband who made promises only to break them later. That was not the kind of man I was, it would be completely out of character. Besides, I needed to have a first born child for my job anyways, even if it did seem too soon. Well, I could always work harder and faster during the pregnancy to achieve our goals.

. . .

The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) Screen57

It seemed as though only a few days had passed since our intimate night together, and yet Agnes spent all of her time in the bathroom throwing up. Being the oblivious man I tended to be at times when I was preoccupied with work and building the second story of my home, it never occurred to me that she could be pregnant so soon. I honestly believed that all that vomiting had to do with the Philly cheese steak sandwiches she was craving for dinner every night. But then Agnes began to complain about morning sickness, and the baby bump came pretty quickly after that...

The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) Screen58

Agnes and I would often times get into disagreements about which of her hobbies she should be taking on during her pregnancy. I was telling her to take it easy. To relax and take care of herself and the baby. That she didn't need to be sculpting with weapons that could pierce her belly. Agnes would tell me to calm down and let her enjoy her hobbies. She was pregnant, not a cripple!

The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) Screen59

Realizing that it was near impossible to win an argument with your hormonal wife, I turned my attention to speeding up the construction of our home. I even went as far as to build a tree house for the baby. After all, our kids needed a place to play outside should they choose too. As they got older and could help make a decisions, I planned to install a playground in the near future as well, if I ever made enough money.

Finances were always making me nervous, especially since the farming season was nearing an end. If I wanted to have any hopes of continuing my income source through the winter I would need to build a greenhouse, but where would I get the money for that?

The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) Screen61

Agnes' pregnancy came to an end and our firstborn whom we named Jeffrey was born. The boy was beautiful if I must say so myself. He shared his facial features primarily with his mother, and even had specks of her blonde hair growing on his head, but his skin was a chocolate color like mine.

The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) Screen62

When I wasn't working in the garden, making a living off the plants that still had fruits and vegetables to harvest, I was attending to Jeffrey's needs. After all, the best way to be a dad was to be involved as much as possible, no matter how busy I was. While Agnes and I had too many responsibilities to count, Jeffrey was worth every ounce of sleep we missed.

On my adult birthday, Agnes and I decided to have a small get together in the dining room. Just she and I while Jeffrey slept the night away. Agnes had many birthday surprises for me that night. Many that would be a little too inappropriate to share, if you know what I mean.

The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) Screen63

Let's just say that the results of my birthday extravaganza winded up with Agnes getting pregnant again pretty quickly...

. . .

I was beginning to get extremely freaked out about money and how we were supposed to afford a second child. My income would be cut shortly if I didn't figure out a way to preserve my plants through the winter. While thinking about this situation in the middle of my gardening, the mail carrier, Sandy, who dropped the mail off every day, waved my way.

"Mr. Anderson!" She yelled, announcing her presence with her booming voice. "Mr. Anderson, this is urgent!"

As Sandy made her way to my gate which separated my garden from the rest of the yard, I wondered what kind of urgent news a woman who delivers mail could possibly have for me. I ignore the feeling of frustration I was experiencing due to being interrupted in the middle of my gardening.

"Hey, Sandy." I welcomed her. "What's urgent?"

"Holly from City Hall wanted me to personally deliver this to your hands." Sandy responded, dropping a small parcel into my hands, before continuing on. "She told me to tell you to read the note first."

"Thanks, Sandy."

"No problem. Well, I've gotta get the rest of the mail delivered." Sandy says definitively, pointing towards her mailster vehicle. She dramatically tells me, "I swear, by the time I finish delivering mail all over Sunset Valley, it feels as though it's two in the morning!"

When Sandy starts walking back towards her old school vehicle, I rip the paper off the the top of the box which had CONFIDIENTIAL stamped on it. When I finish tearing the top layer of cardboard off I pick up the white piece of paper which had been laid gently over the item wrapped in kraft paper. The note looked as though Holly had conveniantly pulled it off a memo pad and folded it in half.

Consider this your first payment.
-Holly

The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) Screen64

Expecting at least six thousand simeoleons for the months of work I had dedicated to the Ambrosia project, I was very disappointed and annoyed to learn that discovering the life fruit, death flower, and Agnes fishing up the death fish had resulted in nothing for payment except a measly lamp.

Not only did it look dingy and old, but it was covered in grime and filth! I decided to use the inside of my pajama top to shine the lamp, in an attempt to see if it may be worth anything at all. I was shocked when a huge puff of purple light released itself from the tiny spout of the piece of junk.

The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) Screen65

Standing in front of me, wearing Arabian clothing, and skin the color of my lavender plants, stood a real life genie! The very creature besides mermaids that I believed would never exist outside of Aladdin and other such crazy tales. Holly had been right! How could I ignore the reportings of witches, fairies, and werewolves when before my very eyes stood one of the most unbelievable mythological creatures of all?

"What is it that you wish?" The genie asks, his voice impatient as he irritatedly waits for my response.

"Wait! Really?" I ask excitedly, unsure of how to proceed. "You mean I can actually make wishes?"

This was amazing! Holly had sent a real life genie which would actually grant my wishes as payment! I look up at the magical being, humbled to see him let out an exasperated sigh at me.

"Surely you, live every other sim in the world, has answered the hypothetical, 'If I could wish for anything from a genie it would be...' question! So, what is it that you seek?" The genie asks, his patience wearing thinner with every tap of his foot. He rolls his eyes when I stare at him with my mouth gaping open. "Should I return to my lamp? You are wasting my time, I had just finished running my bubble bath!"

"No! I mean-wait! I'm sorry, it's just that I've never actually believed in genies before. I'm just...surprised is all."

"So, what do you wish for?" The genie pauses before making a suggestion, "Love?"

"Nah, I already have that."

"A large family then!"

"My family is large enough, thanks!"

"To become young again?"

"Actually, I need to become an elder...although not right now."

"Boy! You are driving me crazy here!"

"Well..." I think for a moment, trying to think of what I truly needed. I remember Holly's note, Agnes' beautiful face with her pregnant belly, and our first born little boy. Of course! Money! Hesitantly, feeling embarrassed, I confess, "I would like to wish for wealth."

The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) Screen66

"Done!" The genie smacks his hands together, causing a purple light to surround my body and levitate me into the air. I am amazed and baffled all at the same time. When my feet touch the ground again, the genie and his lamp are gone.

An abrupt slam of the screen door followed by footsteps warned me that Agnes was waddling her way to the edge of the porch.

"Kyle!" Agnes yells ecstatically, "Kyle, we have $300,000 dollars in our bank account!"

My prayers were answered! I would be able to afford the greenhouse to continue my work, the construction to build a nice home, and what's more, a nice life for Jeffrey and our second baby.

"Thank you, Holly," I murmur to myself before quickly rushing to my wife's side to celebrate. Holly could have taken the wish for herself, but she chose to give it to me instead, and for that I owed her the world.
Back to top Go down
zodiacrain
Pyramidal Crystal

zodiacrain

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!)   The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) I_icon_minitime22nd July 2013, 7:23 am

I like the update! I can't wait to see what Jeffery looks like as a toddler. He actually looked kind of cute as a baby... (Sims 3 babies often look... Yeah...) 

The genie looks pretty cool, but I don't own the Showtime expansion pack, and from what I've heard about the glitches it might not be worth it. (Besides that, it's a lot like Late Night, which I'm not a big fan of.) I feel pretty sorry for the genie, though, being stuck in a bottle like that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!)   The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) I_icon_minitime22nd July 2013, 7:47 am

I think I told you that. It bugs more when you are online, playing with friends, but other than that it runs fine for the most part. It truly wasn't my favorite expansion, I'm not going to lie, but you get tons of cool stuff for it.

Sims 3 babies look generic and all the same if we're being honest! xD

I love custom content for toddlers, kids, and teens, but honestly...I'm avoiding it like the plague because my computer is older and can't handle the sims 3 very well anyways as it is.

You should post your dynasty too. You have 1 and 2 written up and good to go, just gotta copy and paste really! =)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!)   The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) I_icon_minitime29th July 2013, 7:08 pm

I'm sad to say that my game has crashed yet again and unfortunately I can't save my files yet again. Basically what happened with hell's kitchen mafia has occurred here as well and I have lost EVERYTHING! I'll have to start my project over entirely once my new processor and motherboard comes in. *Sulks*. 

But at least after that, this won't be an issue anymore! xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!)   The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge (Warning, screenshots!)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top