The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Debate: Sailor Earth is... Chibiusa?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sqoozh
Star Seed

Sqoozh

Star Seed

Title : Slightly Coherent Venusaur

Debate: Sailor Earth is... Chibiusa?! Empty
PostSubject: Debate: Sailor Earth is... Chibiusa?!   Debate: Sailor Earth is... Chibiusa?! I_icon_minitime2nd September 2011, 8:03 pm

My original post:

Quote :
Okay, I have a theory that's kind of...waaaaay out there. Please don't kill me. Just go with me for a second.

...Okay, Sqoozh, breathe, they're not going to harvest your organs as sacrifice...

Chibiusa is Sailor Earth.

I KNOW, I KNOW, IT'S WEIRD, I KNOW

But think about it for a second:

1) Chibiusa is not a clone of Usagi - later on it's even established that her Sailor Crystal is in fact not the Ginzuishou. She could have inherited any number of abilities from Mamoru, and she wouldn't need to be in possession of the Golden Crystal for that to happen. (Though I believe there is a part of the manga where she is seen wielding it in the same manner as she has used the Ginzuishou? Please correct me if I'm wrong there.)

2) Crystal Tokyo is not the Moon Kingdom. That is actually a major point of Sailor Moon's overarcing plot! At the end of the first Arc of the manga, Queen Serenity tells Usagi to live for herself and not worry about any of the rules of the past, because she is her own person and finally gets to act as such. And at the end of the final Arc, the Galaxy Sprite says to Usagi, "well, I bet you wanna restart your whole life since this one turned out pretty crap," and Usagi says, "WHAT, NO, ALL MY FRIENDS ARE HERE, I CAN DO ANYTHING BECAUSE OF THAT," and she sets out to precisely do so. Crystal Tokyo is on Earth. The Moon is a dead rock. There is no reason for anyone to be "Sailor Moon" any more because there is no society on the Moon to protect. Earth, however, is pretty darned populated. The Inner and Outer Senshi still exist for the sole reason that they are alive - they may or may not be able to pass abilities down genetically, as they wouldn't even exist in the present if Queen Serenity hadn't forced her hand. The Asteroid Senshi were special cases - Star Seeds made for asteroids too small to be hospitable purely as last resort backup in far future situations, used exactly in the manner in which they were intended. Queen Serenity didn't pull any punches.

"So, smarty pants," you ask, "why is Chibiusa entitled Sailor Chibi Moon?" WELL I HAVE AN EXCUSE. Two, in fact:

1) Naoko Takeuchi couldn't be arsed to think of something like that at the end of R when she didn't know that SuperS was going to be a thing and the entire production team for the anime was breathing down her neck, so she went with Mother-Daughter Significance and was forced to keep the name for the sake of continuity.

2) Chibiusa was only a Senshi-in-Training. She had not been designated her own planet, and thus her tentative title was a diminutive of that of her mentor's.

I AWAIT YOUR THROWN ROCKS
Back to top Go down
http://sqoozh.tumblr.com
Sqoozh
Star Seed

Sqoozh

Star Seed

Title : Slightly Coherent Venusaur

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Sailor Earth is... Chibiusa?!   Debate: Sailor Earth is... Chibiusa?! I_icon_minitime2nd September 2011, 8:07 pm

Sailor Venus' initial response:

Quote :
(Y)ou say there's no need to be called Sailor Moon anymore because there's no more life or kindgom there. Ok, there wasn't before ChibiUsa popped in from the future. There wasn't any kingdom for a millennium, which means that Sailor Moon [Usagi] really had no reason to be called such. Well, she is the Moon Princess reincarnated. The last of the royal blood line ends with her unless she makes a baby, meaning ChibiUsa is now the Moon Princess, meaning she takes on the senshi name of Moon. It'd be weird to call her Sailor Earth just because she was born there, and because there's no kingdom on the moon anymore. And do we know if Venus, Mars, and such were dead planets with no kingdoms? Then you could easily say, Why was Minako called Sailor Venus and etc.

Queen Serenity was the Queen, and she passed her name onto her daughter.

Neo-Queen Serenity.

Princess Lady Serenity.

So why change that, and make her the senshi of the Earth when she's born from the Moon Princess. Yeah, she's also born from the Earth prince, but in royalty the daughter doesn't take the position of the father if that makes sense. Meaning, she can't be the senshi of the Earth considering that she's a PRINCESS, not a prince.

When it comes down to the Earth and guardianship, it's passed onto every senshi [Mars, Venus, Jupiter, Mercury, Pluto, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune] as well as the royal family.

On the Moon, it was the same way.

(( Quote:
1) Chibiusa is not a clone of Usagi - later on it's even established that her Sailor Crystal is in fact not the Ginzuishou. She could have inherited any number of abilities from Mamoru, and she wouldn't need to be in possession of the Golden Crystal for that to happen. (Though I believe there is a part of the manga where she is seen wielding it in the same manner as she has used the Ginzuishou? Please correct me if I'm wrong there.) ))

Yeah, but she's her daughter so it's close enough. The reason why she doesn't get the gizenshou is because she had to awaken her own, much like Usagi had to awaken her's when she cried for Mamoru. As for inheriting abilities I think she only inherited her mother's. We don't see one single panel suggesting that Mamoru gave her abilities. Not in the manga or the anime.

Read this-> ((This was a link to the Wikimoon article on the Golden Crystal which my current status doesn't allow me to post.))
It depends on what you're talking about, the manga or anime, really.
Back to top Go down
http://sqoozh.tumblr.com
Thereisnospoon303
Lotus Crystal

Thereisnospoon303

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Star Spangled Man (with a plan)

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Sailor Earth is... Chibiusa?!   Debate: Sailor Earth is... Chibiusa?! I_icon_minitime2nd September 2011, 10:15 pm

I have to go with Venus: there's far more evidence to suggest Chibiusa inherits her powers from her mother rather than her father. The line of succession as "guardian of the moon" runs from Neo-Queen Serenity down through Chibiusa. Mamoru is outright the "official" protector of Earth, and that is reinforced in the manga through the Golden Crystal and a number of his abilities. Those abilities, as Venus highlighted, aren't emphasized in Chibiusa.

There's no way to know with any certainty what Takeuchi was thinking when she introduced Sailor Chibi Moon. I can't even call to mind possible grounding for the idea that she had Chibiusa serve as Sailor Chibi Moon for the sake of continuity. The basic premise she establishes seems to be that Chibiusa is both the successor to Neo-Queen Serenity and Sailor Moon. Similarly, she'll serve as Sailor Moon until the time arrives for her to become the head monarch.

You're plowing against a massive amount of evidence which establishes Mamoru as Earth's guardian, hence the lack of a "Sailor Earth." You have the Guardian of the Moon and the Guardian of Earth together overseeing the guardians of the planets of the Solar System. Chibiusa doesn't inherit the title "Sailor Earth" due to her being born on Earth and being a Sailor Soldier. By the time Chibiusa is born, I would argue that the roles of Earth's guardianship are no longer dichotomous due to the union of Neo-Queen Serenity and King Endymion. But given that there is no precedent for a Sailor Earth proper and because the bond between mother and daughter is indelible, Chibiusa is the Sailor Moon of the future.
Back to top Go down
Hana-ko
Pyramidal Crystal

Hana-ko

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : give a sailor yell!

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Sailor Earth is... Chibiusa?!   Debate: Sailor Earth is... Chibiusa?! I_icon_minitime3rd September 2011, 11:36 am

Sailor Mercury wrote:
I have to go with Venus: there's far more evidence to suggest Chibiusa inherits her powers from her mother rather than her father. The line of succession as "guardian of the moon" runs from Neo-Queen Serenity down through Chibiusa. Mamoru is outright the "official" protector of Earth, and that is reinforced in the manga through the Golden Crystal and a number of his abilities. Those abilities, as Venus highlighted, aren't emphasized in Chibiusa.

There's no way to know with any certainty what Takeuchi was thinking when she introduced Sailor Chibi Moon. I can't even call to mind possible grounding for the idea that she had Chibiusa serve as Sailor Chibi Moon for the sake of continuity. The basic premise she establishes seems to be that Chibiusa is both the successor to Neo-Queen Serenity and Sailor Moon. Similarly, she'll serve as Sailor Moon until the time arrives for her to become the head monarch.

You're plowing against a massive amount of evidence which establishes Mamoru as Earth's guardian, hence the lack of a "Sailor Earth." You have the Guardian of the Moon and the Guardian of Earth together overseeing the guardians of the planets of the Solar System. Chibiusa doesn't inherit the title "Sailor Earth" due to her being born on Earth and being a Sailor Soldier. By the time Chibiusa is born, I would argue that the roles of Earth's guardianship are no longer dichotomous due to the union of Neo-Queen Serenity and King Endymion. But given that there is no precedent for a Sailor Earth proper and because the bond between mother and daughter is indelible, Chibiusa is the Sailor Moon of the future.

Here here!

Also, Osaka Naru should have been sailor earth for all the times she got attacked LOL.
Back to top Go down
http://ai-no-hana.tumblr.com/
Sailor Uranus
Outer Senshi Admin
Roleplay Director

Sailor Uranus

Outer Senshi Admin  Roleplay Director

Title : Oh, you mean you DON'T have an Elephabulous? Shame.

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Sailor Earth is... Chibiusa?!   Debate: Sailor Earth is... Chibiusa?! I_icon_minitime16th October 2011, 8:57 am

I agree with Sqoozh. :/

I think that Endymion, while guardian of the Earth, might actually contain the star-seed of the Sun (I like Morpheus's Endymion theory https://galaxycauldron.forumotion.com/t157-theory-the-sun-in-sailor-moon; just read the first post and you get the jist of it)
. As Neo-Queen Serenity possesses the star-seed of the moon, and there can only be one star-seed per planet (and star-seeds are non-transferable, less you make shifty deals with the guardian of the galaxy cauldron (^.~ ) ) then it is my head-canon that Chibi-Usa actually possesses the star-seed of Earth.

While training to be a Sailor Scout (similar to nickname while growing up), she takes the name of her mother's guardian celestial object and is Sailor Chibi Moon; but we see that her star seed is the Pink crystal, not the silver crystal, so she's not really the future Sailor Moon (and how can she be, until Serenity dies and her seed is passed into a new shell?).

I believe that when Sailor Chibi Moon's training is completely over, she's living in the future full-time and working with her own Asteroid Senshi, her first power-up would be her graduation step. She and her scouts would become more powerful, their outfits might change a little, but the biggest thing would be that Lady Serenity (having graduated from 'small lady' by virtue of physical age) would realize the planet that protected her, and that she was to protect, was Earth; she would then retire her senshi-in-training title of Sailor Chibi Moon and call herself Sailor Earth.

And, comparatively, how fun would that be? Sailor Moon's guardian senshi were all full-fledged planets and Sailor Earth's guardians were teeny-tiny asteroids? n_n

Is just head-canon. Happy to find Sqoozh's agreeing statement, but doesn't mean people have to agree. ... now for eye-candy for sticking with me through this generalization of what has already been said:

Debate: Sailor Earth is... Chibiusa?! Normal10
Debate: Sailor Earth is... Chibiusa?! Eterna10

Last edited by Kyralih on 16th October 2011, 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : formatting issues from copying a post I made elsewhere)
Back to top Go down
http://fanfiction.net/~kyralih http://kyralih.tumblr.com
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Sailor Earth is... Chibiusa?!   Debate: Sailor Earth is... Chibiusa?! I_icon_minitime26th April 2012, 3:41 pm

(I know this thread is old, but I want to throw my two cents out there anyway)

I concur. I've been thinking about this a little bit lately since I had a story idea floating around in my head and it would include Chibiusa being Sailor Earth.

I'm not all sure on where I've been reading these theories as to why Chibiusa is Sailor Earth (I'm certain it was on this forum) and the reasonings behind it makes sense. I mean for starters, as mentioned, Chibiusa doesn't even have the silver crystal. She has her own "pink crystal". And while it's true that she shows traits passed down from Usagi, that's not to say she doesn't have traits from Mamoru either. Perhaps she hasn't tapped into that power yet? Keep in mind as everyone says, the manga was basically rushed out. Naoko Takeuchi didn't have time to play around with Chibiusa and the powers she could have (or even plunge into the details) if you think about it. And as Sailor Uranus pointed out, Usagi is still alive and kicking and possesses the silver crystal. There is only one silver crystal, not two. Perhaps Chibiusa could inherit the silver crystal, but that wouldn't be until Usagi passed on (and Usagi will never pass on Wink). And also said Sailor Uranus pointed out, star seeds don't get passed on unless you strike a deal with the galaxy cauldron guardian.

While it is true that Mamoru is the protector of the earth, it is also speculated that he is more tied to the sun.

Also I agree with the reasoning to why Chibiusa is called Sailor Chibi Moon. It's just a nickname since she is training with her mother. Had she been training with like Pluto, she'd probably be called Sailor Chibi Pluto or something like that XP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Sailor Earth is... Chibiusa?!   Debate: Sailor Earth is... Chibiusa?! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Debate: Sailor Earth is... Chibiusa?!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top