The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl   Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl I_icon_minitime6th July 2013, 4:26 pm

Pokemon Challenges are back!! For those who don't know what I am talking. A few months ago other members and I took a challenge to complete Pokemon Ruby!

Soo now it's back and I love to see more people to join!

Rules:

We must all agree on one game. The game must be from the same gen. If the game slightly differs from the other games in the same gen then it can't be play. For example if we pick gen 2 Gold/Sliver (the originals) and Crystal. Then Crystal is out because the storyline is different from Gold/Sliver. Another example if a gen has a remake we have to decided between the originals or the remakes.

No spinoffs. Main games only.

Do not start the game until the assign date please. This gives everyone a chance to have a fair start.

UPDATE:
The game we pick is the gen 4 games Diamond/Pearl!

Rules:
The challenge is to play the game normal, but the first person to become the Pokemon Champion wins the challenge.
Post game events do not count.
You can use the real game or a rom.
Once you become a pokemon champion please post your screen shot in the thread. For DS users taking a picture of the DS screen is fine.
NO CHEATING!! Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl 3658275139 
Each day please post your progress. Or least when you can!

When making your progress report please include which version you are using. You can have fun with your progress report!

For example:

Version:
Your name:
Your rival's name:
Number Badges:

Rival Battles:
Your Wins: Your loses:

Your Team

This just an example! You don't have to use this or go so detail!

Last edited by Yamichan16 on 12th July 2013, 5:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl   Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl I_icon_minitime6th July 2013, 4:40 pm

I don't even know, but we will definitely need a play-through thread for all of us Pokemanz fans together for X and Y and our discoveries/commentaries. I am seriously chomping at the bit for that game.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl   Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl I_icon_minitime6th July 2013, 4:49 pm

Yes we should! I dont want to race to the finish though because I want to take my to explore the game and stuff.

So the games to consider:
Gen 1:
Red
Blue
Yellow
Firered
Leafgreen

Gen 2:
Gold
Silver
Crystal
SoulSiver***I have this game, but I really dont want to restart my file. I could find a rom if need be.
HeartGold***

Gen 3: Ruby and Sapphire are out since we played it last time. Well we played Ruby..
Emerald

Gen 4:
Pearl
Diamond
Platinum*** Does this game differ from Pearl and Diamond? I dont own it so I dont know.

Gen 5
Black
White
Black 2** Dont really want to restart my game >.>
White 2

Also warning a lot of the old gen 1 games and gen 2 games dont save anymore due to the battery in the game cartridge.

However we can play those games on here:

http://www.playr.org/search/pokemon/#search

You just have to join so the game will save.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl   Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl I_icon_minitime6th July 2013, 4:52 pm

I'd love to do this. Would playing with the emulators be alright as well? Just curious since my original Silver died years ago and I never replaced the cartridge battery.

Also my Red and Blue version still save!
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl   Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl I_icon_minitime6th July 2013, 4:57 pm

Yes emulators are okay! People can play on either handhelds or on the computer. ^.^

Should we kick it old school? I'm starting think I may want to do Black, but I don't think everyone has Black and White.

If we kick it old school I kind of want to play Silver or Crystal. The link in my last post provides roms that you can play online without using emulator. However like I said feel free to use whatever one you want. I just provided that link for people who don't feel comfortable about downloading an emulator.

I seriously wish Nintendo would release the old pokemon games on the 3DS Virtual Console. Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl 1637294219
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl   Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl I_icon_minitime6th July 2013, 5:01 pm

I'm fine with whatever we play with. Most of my games still work including Red and Blue version. Gen I - III I don't mind restarting with my handheld copies.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl   Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl I_icon_minitime6th July 2013, 5:03 pm

Coolness! I open to everything, but Soulsilver and Black 2.

I have never played Red or Blue. My first pokemon game was Yellow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl   Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl I_icon_minitime6th July 2013, 5:04 pm

Maybe we should play Yellow! Mine was stolen from a sleepover years ago D<.

Also, you have to play the classics! It's the classics!
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl   Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl I_icon_minitime6th July 2013, 5:06 pm

We can so play yellow and mine still saves which is odd because my silver doesnt save anymore. D:
I wonder if my Crystal still saves?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl   Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl I_icon_minitime6th July 2013, 5:08 pm

I'm one of the few people in my group of friends where my Red and Blue still saves. Out of all my games Silver is the only one that doesn't work anymore unless I replace the cartridge battery. Even my Mario Land 2 game still saves and it's older than Pokemon.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl   Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl I_icon_minitime6th July 2013, 5:13 pm

I think it has something to do with how often you played the game? I could be wrong though.

My Crystal and Yellow still saves! Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl 1984953407 It feels so weird to use my GBA SP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl   Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl I_icon_minitime6th July 2013, 5:15 pm

I still have my Gameboy (the 4 AA battery life sucker), but for obvious reasons I don't use it. I use my N64 and Pokemon Stadium 2 to play my Red and Blue version on since it's weird playing it on my Advance and SP.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl   Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl I_icon_minitime6th July 2013, 5:18 pm

I still have have my gameboy color! It's the see through purple one! I would play it on pokemon stadium, but my brother sold our N64 years ago. >.>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl   Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl I_icon_minitime6th July 2013, 5:18 pm

I have the same gameboy color. But the screen died a couple of years before my Silver version died xD.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl   Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl I_icon_minitime6th July 2013, 5:21 pm

Mine is still good! Though if you put your ear up to the speaker you hear a ringing noise. That's from when I dropped it on the floor when I was a kid. If we go with yellow I will play it on my SP so I can play it in the dark. I use to have a light thing for my gameboy color, but I lost it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl   Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl I_icon_minitime6th July 2013, 5:25 pm

Did you also have the screen magnify glass that had the light too? Ah, all old school stuff that kids these days will never understand. Then again they don't understand 'Blow Me' is not a sexual thing when it came to our games!
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl   Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl I_icon_minitime6th July 2013, 5:30 pm

It was this:

Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl E105291

But mine was pink.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl   Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl I_icon_minitime6th July 2013, 5:38 pm

Lol, I had that too!
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official NaoUranus/myuteer

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl   Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl I_icon_minitime6th July 2013, 5:39 pm

Yamichan16 wrote:
It was this:

Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl E105291

But mine was pink.

He he that is exactly what mine looked like
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl   Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl I_icon_minitime6th July 2013, 5:56 pm

Yamichan, Platinum is the Crystal/Emerald for the 4th generation games. There are some differences. I would personally be quite pleased with any of those games except for Fire Red/Leaf Green (even then I can surely find an emulator). My preference would be Diamond/Pearl/Platinum but any of the games would work for me.

AgentAyu I also remember my old purple gameboy color. I got rid of it awhile back but I still recall it.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl   Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl I_icon_minitime6th July 2013, 5:58 pm

I open to Yellow, Black, and Pearl/Diamond. ^^ I can restart my Diamond. I have a good file on Pearl so I will not be deleting that. >.>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl   Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl I_icon_minitime6th July 2013, 5:58 pm

Silence Wall, I've never met you before. Hi! Nice to meet you!

Oh, us in the generation of old school gaming. Kids these days just don't get it! xD
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official NaoUranus/myuteer

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl   Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl I_icon_minitime6th July 2013, 6:06 pm

as long as I can play the game online I'm fine with whatever really.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl   Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl I_icon_minitime6th July 2013, 6:07 pm

Should I make a poll?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl   Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl I_icon_minitime6th July 2013, 6:08 pm

That might be best.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl   Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl I_icon_minitime6th July 2013, 6:13 pm

I added the poll! If you want another option let me know. I will keep it up for a few days. ^^
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl   Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl I_icon_minitime6th July 2013, 6:33 pm

AgentAyu wrote:
Silence Wall, I've never met you before. Hi! Nice to meet you!

Oh, us in the generation of old school gaming. Kids these days just don't get it! xD

Pleasure to meet you as well AgentAyu. I feel that Black/White won't get many votes because either people would want to play the 2nd Versions or have played it recently. So I'm still hoping that Pearl/Diamond will prevail in the vote count.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl   Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl I_icon_minitime6th July 2013, 6:50 pm

Okay so I meant to add a I dont care option and the thing wont let me add it in. So if you dont care what we play just done vote. XD
Back to top Go down
Silence Wall
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl   Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl I_icon_minitime6th July 2013, 9:37 pm

I've come up with teams for each game depending on what we actually end up playing. Pokemon are all referred to by their final-stage evolution form.

Yellow: Pikachu, Charizard, Blastoise, Primeape, Hypno, Marowak 

Pearl/Diamond: Torterra, Staraptor, Gyarados, Bronzong, Drapion, Weavile

Black/White #1: Excadrill, Seismitoad, Darmanitan, Sigilyph, Haxorus, Virizion (Samurott, the elemental monkey and Stoutland will have to do for the early game)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl   Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl I_icon_minitime6th July 2013, 9:39 pm

Those are very well rounded teams. ^_^

Usually my teams just consist of mainly 4 - 5 Pokemon. If they can handle the Elite Four and the Champion(s), then that's good enough. And the 6th member always was Exp. Share attached to it.

Currently on my HeartGold, I only use Jolteon, Flareon, Vaporeon, Espeon, and Umbreon.

My teams always various whenever I restart.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl   Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Challenge 2! I Challenge You To Play Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

View previous topic View next topic Back to top