The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

News: New merchandise that was released along with ring!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mysteryloveandjustice
Lotus Crystal

mysteryloveandjustice

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Seiya/Sailor Star Fighter <3

News: New merchandise that was released along with ring! Empty
PostSubject: News: New merchandise that was released along with ring!   News: New merchandise that was released along with ring! I_icon_minitime15th June 2013, 7:58 am

So I was on Tumblr and I follow a blog called Sailor Moon Collectibles and they made a post about the ring and then about 2 other new items that were released xD

News: New merchandise that was released along with ring! Sailormoon-towel-2013-new-merchandise-toys

This is a microfiber mini towel that came out xD

News: New merchandise that was released along with ring! Sailormoon-wall-scroll-poster-2013-new-merchandise-toys

And this is a new wall scroll that came out ^^

If you wanna read the original post you can find it here.

Last edited by mysteryloveandjustice on 17th June 2013, 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
yukine
Lotus Crystal

yukine

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: News: New merchandise that was released along with ring!   News: New merchandise that was released along with ring! I_icon_minitime15th June 2013, 10:12 am

They're releasing a lot of stuff!
But those are cute <3
Back to top Go down
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal

Cerechan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Sailor Ceres/Cere Cere

PostSubject: Re: News: New merchandise that was released along with ring!   News: New merchandise that was released along with ring! I_icon_minitime15th June 2013, 11:03 am

I like that towel :3
Back to top Go down
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Ethereal_Wishes http://ethereal-wishes.tumblr.com/
SailorCardKnight
Star Seed

SailorCardKnight

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: News: New merchandise that was released along with ring!   News: New merchandise that was released along with ring! I_icon_minitime15th June 2013, 2:54 pm

Is this Japanese merch?
Naoko must've been pretty unhappy with the anime if shes having them use the new English logo and the "Pretty Guardian" name on all of the Japanese merch with anime-like artstyle as well.

These still look great though! Even though the "Pretty Guardian" text seems kinda random with the way its positioned.
Back to top Go down
HeartWarrior
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: News: New merchandise that was released along with ring!   News: New merchandise that was released along with ring! I_icon_minitime16th June 2013, 12:19 pm

I really hope the new anime will still be named "Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon" as the original, more appealing to me.
Back to top Go down
Starchild
Lotus Crystal

Starchild

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Leek & JunJun/Sailor Juno

PostSubject: Re: News: New merchandise that was released along with ring!   News: New merchandise that was released along with ring! I_icon_minitime16th June 2013, 12:44 pm

HandsomeSoldier wrote:
I really hope the new anime will still be named "Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon" as the original, more appealing to me.
I agree with you 1000000% To me, "Guardian" isn't fitting... and soldier just sounds better. But meh.

I love the little washcloth! :3
Back to top Go down
http://starchild.seaofserenity.net/ http://piscean-phantom.tumblr.com https://www.deviantart.com/the-saltiest-leek
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: News: New merchandise that was released along with ring!   News: New merchandise that was released along with ring! I_icon_minitime16th June 2013, 3:33 pm

These are cute! I like these! I hope maybe we get them over here? Or GE does something?

SailorCardKnight wrote:
Is this Japanese merch?
Naoko must've been pretty unhappy with the anime if shes having them use the new English logo and the "Pretty Guardian" name on all of the Japanese merch with anime-like artstyle as well.

These still look great though! Even though the "Pretty Guardian" text seems kinda random with the way its positioned.

Considering the new musical has NOTHING to do with Toei. I would think there is something between her and them.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Candy
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Candy

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : small angsty fangirl

PostSubject: Re: News: New merchandise that was released along with ring!   News: New merchandise that was released along with ring! I_icon_minitime16th June 2013, 3:37 pm

I like it, but the bad thing is, it looks like the old anime. Shouldn't it look more like Naoko's art style?
Back to top Go down
http://somethingprecocious.tumblr.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: News: New merchandise that was released along with ring!   News: New merchandise that was released along with ring! I_icon_minitime16th June 2013, 3:53 pm

Not if they want to use anime work. Smile
Back to top Go down
HeartWarrior
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: News: New merchandise that was released along with ring!   News: New merchandise that was released along with ring! I_icon_minitime16th June 2013, 7:12 pm

I'm shocked that the logo is in English for a Japanese merchandise.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Xillia
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Xillia

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Eudial/Eugeal.

PostSubject: Re: News: New merchandise that was released along with ring!   News: New merchandise that was released along with ring! I_icon_minitime16th June 2013, 9:22 pm

I do find it weird that it has a english logo...
But cute.

Also please edit the title of the thread with News, Highlights, or Updates.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://asukapasta.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/DicloniusLucy666?feature=mhee
SailorCardKnight
Star Seed

SailorCardKnight

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: News: New merchandise that was released along with ring!   News: New merchandise that was released along with ring! I_icon_minitime16th June 2013, 9:33 pm

Small Lady wrote:
Considering the new musical has NOTHING to do with Toei. I would think there is something between her and them.
According to the rumors on the net: there is. Which is why the live-action series/manga reprints removed all the "Pretty Solider" references and replaced them with "Pretty Guardian", because she wants to keep her vision of the series as separate as possible from the anime Toei made. First theres her only wanting just the Dark Kingdom story arc but Toei really pushed her for more, and shes already stated how she hated some of the changes, the genderbending Starlights being the most famous example. Its also been said shes attempted to take Toei to court to get the distribution rights (which is supposedly why Sailor Moon disappeared from the international market for so long). The whole ordeal must've made her pretty upset, enough to where she wanted to alter the name of the series itself.

Which would make sense considering how she keeps pushing the newer "Pretty Guardian" name.

...hopfully this means shes trying to get a another studio to do the new anime.

Sailor Candy wrote:
I like it, but the bad thing is, it looks like the old anime. Shouldn't it look more like Naoko's art style?

Because the original anime art style is more universally reconcilable, thus more profitable.
Back to top Go down
HeartWarrior
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: News: New merchandise that was released along with ring!   News: New merchandise that was released along with ring! I_icon_minitime17th June 2013, 6:17 am

SailorCardKnight wrote:
Small Lady wrote:
According to the rumors on the net: there is. Which is why the live-action series/manga reprints removed all the "Pretty Solider" references and replaced them with "Pretty Guardian", because she wants to keep her vision of the series as separate as possible from the anime Toei made. First theres her only wanting just the Dark Kingdom story arc but Toei really pushed her for more, and shes already stated how she hated some of the changes, the genderbending Starlights being the most famous example. Its also been said shes attempted to take Toei to court to get the distribution rights (which is supposedly why Sailor Moon disappeared from the international market for so long). The whole ordeal must've made her pretty upset, enough to where she wanted to alter the name of the series itself.

Which would make sense considering how she keeps pushing the newer "Pretty Guardian" name.

Sailor Candy wrote:

Because the original anime art style is more universally reconcilable, thus more profitable.

Has that been documented that she has tried suing them? I've heard so many times on forums that she was very upset about the gender-bending... I mean I can see why, since it's such an important element that was chnaged entirely! I wish I could have seen evidence about it. Too bad Naoko doesn't make any appearances to express her thoughts of the anime and to clear things up or an autobiography based on her success with SM! That would be AMAZING. O_O

Well, I haven't read the whole Punch series though, just the 1st Chapter anyways. Want to finish the rest on http://www.kurozuki.com/takeuchi/
Back to top Go down
SailorCardKnight
Star Seed

SailorCardKnight

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: News: New merchandise that was released along with ring!   News: New merchandise that was released along with ring! I_icon_minitime17th June 2013, 6:39 am

HandsomeSoldier wrote:
SailorCardKnight wrote:
Small Lady wrote:

Sailor Candy wrote:

Has that been documented that she has tried suing them? I've heard so many times on forums that she was very upset about the gender-bending... I mean I can see why, since it's such an important element that was chnaged entirely! I wish I could have seen evidence about it. Too bad Naoko doesn't make any appearances to express her thoughts of the anime and to clear things up or an autobiography based on her success with SM! That would be AMAZING. O_O

Well, I haven't read the whole Punch series though, just the 1st Chapter anyways. Want to finish the rest on http://www.kurozuki.com/takeuchi/

While I honestly don't know much about legal matters, I do know theres a difference between suing someone and bringing in a bunch of legal people to help sort out things like who should own what. I have a friend whos studying to be a lawyer, I should ask her.

Sadly, all I have been able to ever find where just rumors, but yeah, that would be nice if she could come forward, or at least write out an official statement and publish it somewhere....just some kind of official word that will help put all of these rumors to rest.

Heck, maybe when her kids are old enough, maybe they will do it for her? (Wouldn't be the first time the kids put out a biography about their parents.)
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: News: New merchandise that was released along with ring!   News: New merchandise that was released along with ring! I_icon_minitime17th June 2013, 7:58 pm

Oh my, I didn't intend to derail this topic so much. can we all please get back on topic please? Thank you. ^_^

If you all wanna talk about Naoko and Toei, it could make a nice discussion thread in possibly the General Sailor Moon area or Anime area. ^^
Back to top Go down
SailorCardKnight
Star Seed

SailorCardKnight

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: News: New merchandise that was released along with ring!   News: New merchandise that was released along with ring! I_icon_minitime17th June 2013, 10:14 pm

Small Lady wrote:
Oh my, I didn't intend to derail this topic so much. can we all please get back on topic please? Thank you. ^_^

If you all wanna talk about Naoko and Toei, it could make a nice discussion thread in possibly the General Sailor Moon area or Anime area. ^^

Technically I already made such a similar thread....almost 10 years ago on a different Sailor Moon forum thats now offline. Lol. Unfortunately theres no new developments in the Naoko taking Toei to court rumors after all these years.

But yeah, it would be wise (and make an interesting topic) to move this convo to another thread for this forum. Maybe someone has uncovered something new since then?

EDIT
Done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News: New merchandise that was released along with ring!   News: New merchandise that was released along with ring! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

News: New merchandise that was released along with ring!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top