The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Ello :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Oshiokiyo
Star Seed

Oshiokiyo

Star Seed

Title : Tsuki ni Kawatte

Ello :) Empty
PostSubject: Ello :)   Ello :) I_icon_minitime24th August 2011, 12:59 am

Hello! Oshiokiyo here Smile I joined a little bit ago, but haven't posted (horrid of me, I know).
I am 20 years old, currently living in the states, but soon, SOON, I shall be living in Japan (next April), going to a language school (to finally become fluent), and pursue my lifelong passion of attending a graduate school in Japan, so that I may become a lawyer (in Japan) for crimes against children and domestic abuse, and then hopefully, if I am a good girl and wish really hard, join the ranks in the U.S. embassy. How did this get started?

WELLS.

Sailor Moon of course. When I was in the 5th grade, hating school and being a loner, I would often just go home after school (or skip altogether), flip through the channels, wasting my small life away, until it happened... I stumbled upon cartoon network and by chance Sailor Moon was playing. I seriously think I like died 30 times due to sheer happiness by the end of the first episode I watched, and was hooked. I swore up and down when I was 14, I would change my name to Serena, and do so many bad ass shit and be so epic and embody the whole Sailor Moon attitude.

But it didn't happen that way.

I was the only one in my school to openly admit I loved Sailor Moon (maybe in an unhealthy way), I got picked on A LOT for it.. I even wrote all my school papers on it, had sailor moon lunch boxes, shirts, manga, stickers, wallets, purses, diaries, notebooks, etc... I was even voted "Most Likely to be the next Sailor Moon" (hell yea). Well one day, I suppose being fed up with my addition to Sailor Moon (and lack of relevance it had to like, 99% of the topics) my geography teacher was like WELL, IF YOU LOVE IT SO MUCH, DO A REPORT ON JAPAN CUZ SAILOR MOON IS NOT A COUNTRY DUMB ASS. So, I was like LOL DA SHIT?, and did the report, and fell in love with it. So my life long dream, ambition, and goal (pretty much three different words for the same thing)is to go to Japan. I always wanted to make an impact there, to fall in love there, to make friends there, to do everything there. (No seriously, I haven't even had a first kiss yet, because I wanted my first kiss to happen in Japan. Not even a boyfriend. Hell no. That privilege is reserved for my future Japanese boyfriend. Yup. Srs Bznss)

I had always been quiet about my love for Sailor Moon (anime in general), because I had such a bad experience from when I was younger. Kids are cruel little bastards. I would rather go against Galaxia any day :'( So I was so nervous when I joined tumblr a few months ago after hearing all the anon hate people got for it (well, I haven't gotten anything... and hardly any messages*sob*.. go me!) and now I'm addicted to tumblr (Seriously though, I'm supposed to be doing chemistry homework but its 1am and I am bored and suck at science so I'd rather bore you with my rambling) and all the people on here, and decided, WELL, ITS TIME I INTRODUCE MYSELF TO THIS AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL FORUM FULL OF AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE AS I SAID I WOULD TWO WEEKS AGO Wink

So there it is Very Happy My story and life all wrapped up onto this little gray screen with white text. Sorry if it had no relevance to anything, but it's great to meet you guys either way Wink
Back to top Go down
Nyantime
Star Seed

Nyantime

Star Seed

Title : moon gorgeous meditation!

PostSubject: Re: Ello :)   Ello :) I_icon_minitime24th August 2011, 2:33 am

welcome:) i was, well i still am picked on for loving sailor moon from my friends and other people but whatever right? we share the same dream! i also want to visit japan and will probably do so after my senior year in high school! hope you can achieve your dream!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovesailormoon.tumblr.com
Toft
Pyramidal Crystal

Toft

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Ello :)   Ello :) I_icon_minitime24th August 2011, 2:56 am

Welcome to the forum Smile
Back to top Go down
http://tofsla.dreamwidth.org
Elly
Webmistress Emeritus

Elly

Webmistress Emeritus

PostSubject: Re: Ello :)   Ello :) I_icon_minitime24th August 2011, 6:18 am

Oh wow, congrats! Which school in Japan will you be attending? I went to Tokyo University of Foreign Studies for a year, and hung out a lot with kids from Waseda U.

Studying Japanese is tough! Ten years later and I'm still not perfectly fluent, oy. I think Japanese is one of those languages that it's difficult for a native English speaker to ever become perfect at, even a decade later I'm always learning something new ^__^ I got a BA in Japanese and stopped there and now work in the semi-conductor industry for a Japanese company.

Anyway! If you ever have any questions and stuff regarding Japanese study, please feel free to hit me up! It's always nice to have another moonie friend to talk to about how miserable kanji are, lol!!

Welcome to the forums Wink
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: Ello :)   Ello :) I_icon_minitime24th August 2011, 8:42 am

Welcome to the forum, Oshiokiyo. ^^

It's nice to have you with us, and I hope that your move to Japan goes smoothly - I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself once you're settled in. I've heard that learning Japanese is a very ... frustrating task, XD, so I wish you luck in the three written versions of their language.

*Huggles.* Once again, nice to meet you.
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: Ello :)   Ello :) I_icon_minitime24th August 2011, 9:05 am

What a lovely name! Smile

Welcome, my dear! I am absolutely thrilled for you and your move to Japan. I have always wanted to live there. ^^ What school will you be studying at? My friend went to Waseda and that is where I visited her.

Again, welcome! And be sure to PM me if you have any questions. Ello :) 1434556979
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
NauticalNeptune
Pyramidal Crystal

NauticalNeptune

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Goddess of the Sea

PostSubject: Re: Ello :)   Ello :) I_icon_minitime24th August 2011, 9:27 am

Aww, that is so cool! i would love to go to Japan. I hope to at least study Japanese in the near future!--I think I am following you on tumblr, actually, if your name is the same on there, anyway.--Welcome!! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://ednakrabappel.tumblr.com/
LunaOsa
Lotus Crystal

LunaOsa

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Ello :)   Ello :) I_icon_minitime24th August 2011, 10:51 am

Welcome <3 I would love to go to Japan as well. I'm sure many of us do Razz Definitely on my bucket list of things to do. I saw your artwork and just wanna say that it's really good. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/YoungAngel38?feature=mhee
Thereisnospoon303
Lotus Crystal

Thereisnospoon303

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Star Spangled Man (with a plan)

PostSubject: Re: Ello :)   Ello :) I_icon_minitime24th August 2011, 11:07 am

Welcome aboard, Oshiokiyo! I really like your avatar: it's quite adorable.

I also enjoyed reading the story of your background, and how you've passionately followed Sailor Moon since childhood. I can't say that I had the courage and fortitude you possessed when facing ridicule for your love of the series as I kept it a secret from most everyone. I can tell you that you most certainly have nothing to fear here as we all enjoy Sailor Moon and what it has to offer. Of course, that's probably one of the marked reasons why you came here!

Hopefully all will go well in your future pursuits in Japan. It should be quite thrilling! I must confess, however, that I couldn't imagine myself becoming a lawyer who deals with child and domestic abuse cases. It would be so terribly heartbreaking and draining. I commend you for wanting to help those who are vulnerable. That spirit really is at the heart of Sailor Moon.

Thank you for the lovely and sincere introduction. Hope to see you around the forum, Oshiokiyo!
Back to top Go down
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

Title : Lady of the Forums

PostSubject: Re: Ello :)   Ello :) I_icon_minitime24th August 2011, 11:15 am

KIYO!!!!!!!!!!!

Ello :) 1637911638

<3 Hi you!!! I am glad you finally decided to poke your head around here! I know I love chatting with you on tumblr, but that is rather picky about what it sends and what it doesn't Smile
Back to top Go down
http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://alittlemisscurious.deviantart.com/
Oshiokiyo
Star Seed

Oshiokiyo

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Ello :)   Ello :) I_icon_minitime24th August 2011, 10:57 pm

@Sail0rLuna: I am sorry to hear you still get picked on :'( I don't think many people understand, its a rare breed of person who can have an anime show impact their lives to the point you just don't care what people say-- so go you! It's a great quality Smile Like what you like, because in the end, people who pick on you and say hurtful things wont matter! I have already been to Japan before (once in my Senior year, and lived there for 3 months when I was 18 Smile) I love it!!!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!!!

@Toft: Thank you so much! I am glad to be here!

@Elly: Wow your passion is amazing! I am so glad another person loves Japanese as much as I do! And your career seems like so much fun! I am so jealous! You seem like a very intelligent person!!! I am so jelly fish over the fact you went to Todai. Omg, it is my dream to go. It is the only school I will accept to attend for my law degree! My language school is RIGHT across the street from Waseda-- How coincidental!!!! I will definitely complain about kanji to you :'( Tis the bane of my existence. I dislike it so much haha.

@SeleneHime: Yes, learning Japanese is such a daunting task! I will be learning Korean and Chinese after this, so I think my frustration is JUST getting started! It is pretty easy to settle in to Japan, once you know what to expect Smile It is like my home away from home. I miss it so!

@Sailor Jupiter: I am not sure what school I will be studying at-- I am applying to a lot of language schools. It won't be a university, I will be finishing up my degree here in the states soon enough Smile It's just a school focused on getting fluent in Japanese so you could attend a graduate school in Japanese with no issues Smile I love Waseda U, I think it is such a stunning campus! I will certainly ask you for help! Thank you so much for the offer! Also, I love my name too! I am shocked it wasn't taken!! Haha. Thank you for saying that Smile

@NauticalNeptune: Omg are you really following me?! Whats your tumblr name? I would love to become friends with you and follow you back Smile My tumblr is the same name <3 If you ever need help studying Japanese, let me know! I'm only a lower intermediate level from self study, but I'll be more than willing to try!

@youngangel38: Oh wow thank you so much!! I am always so embarrassed when people say they like my drawings.. I don't know why! But it means a lot to me! You should really go to Japan! Its amazing there!!!

@Sailor Mercury: Thank you so much for your kind words! Yes, I was always picked on, but I'm so stubborn and sarcastic I was able to fight it off well. I am sorry you had to hide your love for the fandom, its such a shame people have to do that. I still get nervous though, I don't want people to think I'm just this giant otaku who only wants to go to Japan for anime and manga and never take me seriously, so I just don't bring it up in conversation as much as I used to when I was younger. All my closest friends and family do know of my addiction (especially my mom who has to pay for it all! haha). And thank you for complimenting my icon! I am glad you like it. I love Usagi because we can both eat like fat men and never have any regrets <3 She is by far my most favorite character!! I am really nervous about my career, but I know it would be so rewarding. I would love to give a voice to those who can't speak for themselves. I find that all the stress and tears and frustration would be worth it once you protect them from something evil. Thank you for the welcome!

@Galaxia: OMG I hate to say this, but it took me forever to get that 'Kiyo' was from my name. Hahaha. I was like, is she talking to someone else? Then I was working on homework and was like OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I get it. Haha. Yea. I am loving this forum! It's so lovely!!!!! Everything about it, the people, the graphics, topics, everything! You guys did so amazing! I hope we can chat more here!

Thank you everyone for your kind welcomes! I am so glad to be apart of such an amazingly welcoming and warm community!
Back to top Go down
Yumi
Saturn Emeritus

Yumi

Senior Member  Saturn Emeritus

Title : (∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。magical weirdo, Original Saturn

PostSubject: Re: Ello :)   Ello :) I_icon_minitime25th August 2011, 5:35 pm

Welcome. Omg why did people pick on you for that? ew they were jerks!

anyway you are so lucky to be going to japan for language.

I am happy you introduced yourself and came out of hiding.
Back to top Go down
http://vibrantthinking.tumblr.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/YumiSplash?feature=mhee
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Ello :)   Ello :) I_icon_minitime25th August 2011, 8:53 pm

welcome welcome!

I've always wanted to go to Japan as a honey moon trip or something. I'd love to go to an Onsen. It seems like it'd be very delightful. <3
Back to top Go down
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

Title : Lady of the Forums

PostSubject: Re: Ello :)   Ello :) I_icon_minitime25th August 2011, 11:38 pm

Kiyo - Razz I am good with the random nickname stuff Very Happy

And I think you will be a great pleasure to have on the site!! Your artwork is AMAZING! ^^
Back to top Go down
http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://alittlemisscurious.deviantart.com/
Sailor Cordelia
Star Seed

Sailor Cordelia

Star Seed

Title : Lady of Cordelia, 1st Moon of Uranus

PostSubject: Re: Ello :)   Ello :) I_icon_minitime27th August 2011, 1:05 pm

Welcome,Ello :) 4033448464 and I agree with you, little kids can be crule. But I am glad that you didn't let them ruin your dream!

You are an insparation to those who may start to doubt the powers of the great Ello :) 4011577294Sailor MoonEllo :) 4011577294!
Back to top Go down
Nina
Star Seed

Nina

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Ello :)   Ello :) I_icon_minitime28th August 2011, 7:52 am

Welcome! Wow, it's interesting you got picked on for loving Sailor Moon in 5th grade because where I live college students sing Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball songs in parties and college events.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Andromeda
Star Seed

Sailor Andromeda

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Ello :)   Ello :) I_icon_minitime26th September 2011, 5:04 pm

Oh my goodness, HELLO! You make gorgeous graphics on Tumblr. I sort of Tumblr stalk you, but don't mistake me for a creeper. ^^

I think your goals are wonderful. I would love to go to another country and learn their language and culture, you are a very lucky girl. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1358677502
Oshiokiyo
Star Seed

Oshiokiyo

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Ello :)   Ello :) I_icon_minitime12th October 2011, 11:04 am

Ah I didn't even see people still posted on here <3 <3 although I'm not new anymore, it would be rude not to respond, ne?
Anyway <3

@Sailor Cordelia: Yes! Kids can be cruel, but it's only for a short period of time and they can't change what I like anyway <3 I'm too stubborn! Haha And I don't know about an inspiration! You think too highly of me... but thank you!!!!

@Nina: Yes! I was picked on a lot, but it's funny because in HS and College I met so many people who liked that stuff too! I think kids just like to find things of other people to make fun of, they are at that cute little age where they are insecure Smile

@ Sailor Andromeda: Oh wow thank you!!! I don't think you are a creeper! Any time someone follows me, it makes me very very happy! Thank you for making my tumblr experience rewarding Smile You should definitely try to go to a different country! It's something you will never ever forget!!!
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: Ello :)   Ello :) I_icon_minitime13th October 2011, 7:34 am

Best of luck to you with getting into Waseda Uni! I have heard that it is a really good school. I think that is where this girl I used to know had gone. I can't quite remember. XD But I have heard good things about it. Wink Would you want to live on campus or get an apartment of your own?
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Oshiokiyo
Star Seed

Oshiokiyo

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Ello :)   Ello :) I_icon_minitime13th October 2011, 10:23 am

@Sailor Jupiter: I will be living with a Japanese roommate in an apartment Smile I wouldn't want to live on campus, I will be living in a different city from my school (so I can see different parts of Japan Smile Smile)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ello :)   Ello :) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ello :)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top