The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Sailor Moon Video Games

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

Sailor Moon Video Games Empty
PostSubject: Sailor Moon Video Games   Sailor Moon Video Games I_icon_minitime23rd August 2011, 4:32 pm

I was wondering if anyone on this forum ever played a sailor moon video game. One I really want to play is the Sailor Moon: Another Story Rgp game. Is it good? I found out on a video that it was actually translated and brought over here to the US. I don't have a SNES, but I could probably find a rom version of game online.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Video Games   Sailor Moon Video Games I_icon_minitime23rd August 2011, 5:47 pm

I've actually been playing the english-translated ROM lately, and so far it's a pretty good game. Linear battles, but fun. You can search it in google to find the entire zipped pack.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Video Games   Sailor Moon Video Games I_icon_minitime23rd August 2011, 8:24 pm

Cool! But how do I download a rom? I have never down it before.
Back to top Go down
NauticalNeptune
Pyramidal Crystal

NauticalNeptune

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Goddess of the Sea

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Video Games   Sailor Moon Video Games I_icon_minitime23rd August 2011, 8:49 pm

I have played that game. I have it on my PC. Umm I think there is where I got it:
http://www.sailor-games.com/nintendo.html

Smile Hope it helps. You'll need a SNES emulator as well to play it on, which I thinkt hey have links to download one on this page
Back to top Go down
http://ednakrabappel.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Video Games   Sailor Moon Video Games I_icon_minitime23rd August 2011, 8:55 pm

[It seems Nautical Neptune beat me while I was typing my post, but I'm gunna post it anyway as I think it can be useful. Smile]

First off, the game was never officially translated. The translated version of SM:AS is a fan project.

Secondly, I recommend first getting an SNES emulator, I use ZNES. Just do a google search for it. Then you just find sites that have roms on them and download them (you can basically play any game ever with Emulators).

Third, since I'm nice (Very Happy), here is a link to a rom for SM:AS http://www.sailorvgame.org/mg/sn/story.htm You will want to download the one that says English. Also this site in general is a great resource for Sailor Moon games.
http://www.sailorvgame.org/mg/mgm.htm It even has a download for the North American PC game that came out that was terrible but you should totally play it anyway.

There were also 2D Arcade Fighter games and puzzle games which you should make check out. You will want to have a Emulator for that. ^_^ But SM:AS is a pretty fun turnbased RPG that is really grindy. You will want to do lots of the random encounters to level up the characters because if you don't you just are effed. lol

If you have trouble getting the SM:AS rom I have it on my PC so I can always just upload the file and send it to ya.
Back to top Go down
Thereisnospoon303
Lotus Crystal

Thereisnospoon303

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Star Spangled Man (with a plan)

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Video Games   Sailor Moon Video Games I_icon_minitime24th August 2011, 12:19 am

I've played "Another Story" briefly on an emulator and the Sailor Moon side-scrolling arcade brawler on an emulator as well. In the latter game, it was so easy to lose lives: the Senshi could damage each other and enemies had a tendency to crowd up the screen. Thankfully we (a friend of mine and I) had unlimited "tokens," so lives were not an issue. I imagine the arcade game was designed to eat up money, though.
Back to top Go down
Nyantime
Star Seed

Nyantime

Star Seed

Title : moon gorgeous meditation!

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Video Games   Sailor Moon Video Games I_icon_minitime24th August 2011, 12:57 am

i've played another story and i loved it! i suggest you play it
Back to top Go down
http://www.lovesailormoon.tumblr.com
Elly
Webmistress Emeritus

Elly

Webmistress Emeritus

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Video Games   Sailor Moon Video Games I_icon_minitime24th August 2011, 6:29 am

I'm a bit of a pirate >___>

So I hacked my Nintendo DS using an Acekard and downloaded SNES, Sega Genesis, and Nintendo emulators for the system, and then downloaded roms for every single Sailor Moon game I could get my hands on and ported it to my DS.

Meaning: I played through all of Sailor Moon: Another Story on my Nintendo DS, and most of the Sailor Moon fighting side-scrollers too. I've also got the roms on my Nintendo Wii and played through a few of those "bubble popping" games with friends. Fun stuff!

I've always wanted to translate some of the Sailor Moon video games other than SM:AS but I don't have the technical knowledge to get it done ;___;
Back to top Go down
NauticalNeptune
Pyramidal Crystal

NauticalNeptune

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Video Games   Sailor Moon Video Games I_icon_minitime24th August 2011, 6:36 am

Elly wrote:
I'm a bit of a pirate >___>

So I hacked my Nintendo DS using an Acekard and downloaded SNES, Sega Genesis, and Nintendo emulators for the system, and then downloaded roms for every single Sailor Moon game I could get my hands on and ported it to my DS.

Meaning: I played through all of Sailor Moon: Another Story on my Nintendo DS, and most of the Sailor Moon fighting side-scrollers too. I've also got the roms on my Nintendo Wii and played through a few of those "bubble popping" games with friends. Fun stuff!

I've always wanted to translate some of the Sailor Moon video games other than SM:AS but I don't have the technical knowledge to get it done ;___;

Eh? That is possilbe? :O That is so cool. I have no use for my DS and that would make use of it!
Back to top Go down
Elly
Webmistress Emeritus

Elly

Webmistress Emeritus

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Video Games   Sailor Moon Video Games I_icon_minitime24th August 2011, 7:00 am

http://www.acekard.com/

That's an AceKard! They're like cartridges for your DS. You have to buy a micro SD card (I use an 8 gig one), and then you just drag and drop .nds games on to the card via the USB thumb drive it comes with. It's really simple!

You can find DS roms pretty easily on ThePirateBay or any similar torrent site. I played the last two Pokemon games for the DS (Heart Gold/Soul Silver and Black/White) in Japanese months before they came out in English.

You can also download emulator .nds files too, like I have for Genesis or the SNES. If you end up buying one, let me know and I can help walk you through the process of setting it up! It's really useful to have this system to play the Japanese Sailor Moon games since there's little chance they'll ever be released officially in America.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Video Games   Sailor Moon Video Games I_icon_minitime24th August 2011, 12:23 pm

thanks for all the links. I'll try downloading it when I go home for labor day weekend. I would download it now, but I'm not sure if downloading roms is against my school's internet policies.
Back to top Go down
Plum
Star Seed

Plum

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Video Games   Sailor Moon Video Games I_icon_minitime24th August 2011, 5:50 pm

I think I've played all of the official games. Unless there's one I haven't heard of, which is possible.

Perhaps surprisingly, I thought they were all really good. I really recommend all of them!
Back to top Go down
http://thegrownupsarelying.blogspot.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Video Games   Sailor Moon Video Games I_icon_minitime24th August 2011, 11:30 pm

Yamichan16 wrote:
thanks for all the links. I'll try downloading it when I go home for labor day weekend. I would download it now, but I'm not sure if downloading roms is against my school's internet policies.

Even though the games are old and you can't find it in the US, its still technically illegal, so i would maybe avoid doing (though roms are really minor compared to people torrenting popular movies and music) it via a school internet. ^^
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Video Games   Sailor Moon Video Games I_icon_minitime25th August 2011, 10:46 am

nothing is banned from my school internet. They just don't want you downloading illegal music (maybe movies too). If they catch you you're fine 100 dollars per song and get banned from the internet. Though my boyfriend downloaded a rom of Pokemon Vietnamese Crystal last semester so maybe I could download a rom.......
Back to top Go down
Siren
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Video Games   Sailor Moon Video Games I_icon_minitime27th August 2011, 11:22 am

I have played all the fighting games and the puzzle games, they are definatly fun...

I also played Another Story multiple times and have beaten it multiple times though getting past Mercury's part is not easy but it is do able.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Video Games   Sailor Moon Video Games I_icon_minitime27th August 2011, 11:24 am

^^ That's good to hear. That's where I got stuck.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Cosmos
Founder Emeritus

Sailor Cosmos

Founder Emeritus

Title : Soldier of the Cosmos

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Video Games   Sailor Moon Video Games I_icon_minitime27th August 2011, 11:44 am

Ah, the pain of being a Mac user!

It's much more difficult downloading emulators and ROMs!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Mileyangel321
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Video Games   Sailor Moon Video Games I_icon_minitime27th August 2011, 11:46 am

If I remember correctly, I'm pretty positive i was able to find emulators that worked on MAC. If anything you could get a virtual OS program thing that allows you to run windows. Its not so good for running major video games, but should run emulators and roms no problem.
Back to top Go down
Siren
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Video Games   Sailor Moon Video Games I_icon_minitime27th August 2011, 11:57 am

Brit-chan, hehe it took me a few weeks to figure it out, but I just ended up grinding to level up. to like 13+ and its pretty easy. The next part that was a pain was the Black Moon peeps.
Back to top Go down
NauticalNeptune
Pyramidal Crystal

NauticalNeptune

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Video Games   Sailor Moon Video Games I_icon_minitime27th August 2011, 12:05 pm

Elly wrote:
http://www.acekard.com/

That's an AceKard! They're like cartridges for your DS. You have to buy a micro SD card (I use an 8 gig one), and then you just drag and drop .nds games on to the card via the USB thumb drive it comes with. It's really simple!

You can find DS roms pretty easily on ThePirateBay or any similar torrent site. I played the last two Pokemon games for the DS (Heart Gold/Soul Silver and Black/White) in Japanese months before they came out in English.

You can also download emulator .nds files too, like I have for Genesis or the SNES. If you end up buying one, let me know and I can help walk you through the process of setting it up! It's really useful to have this system to play the Japanese Sailor Moon games since there's little chance they'll ever be released officially in America.

ooh cool lol
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Video Games   Sailor Moon Video Games I_icon_minitime27th August 2011, 12:38 pm

Siren wrote:
Brit-chan, hehe it took me a few weeks to figure it out, but I just ended up grinding to level up. to like 13+ and its pretty easy. The next part that was a pain was the Black Moon peeps.

I just couldn't figure out where I could go grind to.Do you have to grind before they split? Cause that would be kinda effed up if you had to. Basically you'd have to restart your game if you are a noob and didn't think to make your own personal save points.
Back to top Go down
Siren
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Video Games   Sailor Moon Video Games I_icon_minitime27th August 2011, 12:52 pm

No, just in the cave area before, where all the youma are between the cave towns. I just wondered the cave for like 3 hours leveling up for a couple days, just with her.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Video Games   Sailor Moon Video Games I_icon_minitime27th August 2011, 1:10 pm

Jeez. I kept dying when i'd run into youma. :/
Back to top Go down
Siren
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Video Games   Sailor Moon Video Games I_icon_minitime27th August 2011, 1:25 pm

Ohh, then you might have to before, I know the youma can be pains in the butt also, I always kept items on hand also which help's in certain things.
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Video Games   Sailor Moon Video Games I_icon_minitime27th August 2011, 2:11 pm

You probably need to level grind a little bit, Brit-chan. My team was around level 14 when I finished the first part of Sailor Moon: Another Story. Right now I'm on Ami's level, and I think mostly through with it. So far she's at level 16.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Video Games   Sailor Moon Video Games I_icon_minitime27th August 2011, 2:13 pm

Well i think i'm gunna restart my game (its been a few months anyay) when i feel like it and just keep that in mind. ^^ I'm just usually don't do all the grindy stuff cause i'm all about story. XD
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Video Games   Sailor Moon Video Games I_icon_minitime27th August 2011, 2:15 pm

Well, that makes two of us, but sometimes you have to grind just to get back to the story (without having your rear handed to you on a silver platter, at least).
Back to top Go down
Siren
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Video Games   Sailor Moon Video Games I_icon_minitime27th August 2011, 5:45 pm

I agree I hate doing it also, though I notice I do it more in Video games then MMORPG's... which is usually where you use it at?
Back to top Go down
Elly
Webmistress Emeritus

Elly

Webmistress Emeritus

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Video Games   Sailor Moon Video Games I_icon_minitime28th August 2011, 10:01 am

SM:AS is really obnoxious when it comes to grinding characters. I haaated doing Venus's level for this very reason ;____;
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Video Games   Sailor Moon Video Games I_icon_minitime28th August 2011, 10:07 am

I figured her attacks would be better than how Mercury started out. Would I be wrong?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sailor Moon Video Games   Sailor Moon Video Games I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sailor Moon Video Games

View previous topic View next topic Back to top