The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Yume Nikki Discussion (Plus Spinoffs)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nyanko
Star Seed

Nyanko

Star Seed

Title : Sailor Mau

Yume Nikki Discussion (Plus Spinoffs) Empty
PostSubject: Yume Nikki Discussion (Plus Spinoffs)   Yume Nikki Discussion (Plus Spinoffs) I_icon_minitime10th May 2013, 7:57 am

So, who else has play this extraordinary RPG Maker game? What are your overall thoughts on it? Anything in it that particularly scared or unnerved you? Do you have any theories or headcanons for the game? Have you played any of the spinoffs/fangames (ex. .flow, Lcd Dem, Me)? Feel free to discuss any of them here! ^_^
Back to top Go down
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal

Mayonnaise

Lotus Crystal

Title : Secretly Artemis in a suit

PostSubject: Re: Yume Nikki Discussion (Plus Spinoffs)   Yume Nikki Discussion (Plus Spinoffs) I_icon_minitime10th May 2013, 8:25 am

I only played Yume Nikki, LCD Dem, .flow, and Debris (which is less known) and I wish I could play 2kki but my computer doesn't seems to like it... >_>"

YN is such a great silent story. I can totally imagine what happened to Madotsuki.
Spoiler:

I have some theories for .flow as well.
Spoiler:

I would write one for Débris but I have yet to finish it!

I think all the dreamers are somehow linked. Maybe they are online friends. On a forum about lucid dreaming. madotsuki talked about Monoko and Sabi liked it so much she uncounsciously took her in her dreams as her arm effect
Back to top Go down
zodiacrain
Pyramidal Crystal

zodiacrain

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Yume Nikki Discussion (Plus Spinoffs)   Yume Nikki Discussion (Plus Spinoffs) I_icon_minitime10th May 2013, 8:59 pm

I've played Yume Nikki, .flow, Fleshchild, and a few other fangames. Those three are my favorites though.

http://yumenikki.net/comic

I'm looking forward to the upcoming Yume Nikki manga, despite the fact that it'll (probably) add a plot to a game known for not having a plot. I'm a huge fan of the mangaka though; I like their series, "Alien Nine," even more than the Sailor Moon manga.

I share a few of your head canons, Mayonnaise, especially the one with the Gas Mask Maid being Sabitsuki's nurse.

I've got a crossover .flow/Yume Nikki head canon. In a nutshell, a disease has infected the world. The progression includes odd mutations (think Monoko's arms, or the injuries on the Kaibutsu's face) and ends with extremely violent behavior (Kaibutsu attacking Sabitsuki, Uboa sending you to a hellish dead end map).

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal

Mayonnaise

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Yume Nikki Discussion (Plus Spinoffs)   Yume Nikki Discussion (Plus Spinoffs) I_icon_minitime11th May 2013, 3:30 am

It's a manga? I though it was a light novel oo"
Back to top Go down
zodiacrain
Pyramidal Crystal

zodiacrain

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Yume Nikki Discussion (Plus Spinoffs)   Yume Nikki Discussion (Plus Spinoffs) I_icon_minitime11th May 2013, 7:10 am

I think there's both a light novel and a comic coming out.
Back to top Go down
Nyanko
Star Seed

Nyanko

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Yume Nikki Discussion (Plus Spinoffs)   Yume Nikki Discussion (Plus Spinoffs) I_icon_minitime11th May 2013, 10:43 am

*sighs* Here I am, priding myself on how huge of a fan I am of this game, and I didn't even know a manga of it existed... Yume Nikki Discussion (Plus Spinoffs) 1948543417

I've played Yume Nikki, .flow, Lcd Dem, and Me, and I'm gonna play Debris, 2kki (Mayo, I'm glad I'm not the only having problems with that one), and Fleshchild once I'm out of school for the summer.

And you two have some really great theories going on right there (I need to organize mine so that I can post them). I especially love your little Yume Nikki/.flow crossover you've got going on Zodiac. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal

Mayonnaise

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Yume Nikki Discussion (Plus Spinoffs)   Yume Nikki Discussion (Plus Spinoffs) I_icon_minitime11th May 2013, 10:51 am

My girlfriend is the one who got me into liking YN ^^ (Into liking all the Indie Games like this actually. like Ib, Misao and Majo no Ie)
Debris is so great... If only the areas weren't that labyrinth-like! The effects are great and Tatsuki truly is an interesting character!

I think he was expelled from his school. That's the only thing i could interpret so far. i only have vague idea of the rest.
Back to top Go down
Nyanko
Star Seed

Nyanko

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Yume Nikki Discussion (Plus Spinoffs)   Yume Nikki Discussion (Plus Spinoffs) I_icon_minitime11th May 2013, 11:01 am

I first discover YN after I came across some cute art of it, and reading some interesting theories about it caught my interest. And oh gosh, you've played The Witch's House? (hmm... *eyes the new topic button*) And now you've just reminded me that I need to finish Misao (or more like start a new game, since I haven't touched it in months)

I think the thing that really caught my eye and is making me want to play Debris (probably the most out of the ones I listed that I was going to play) is that 1). a MALE PLAYER CHARACTER, in a Yume Nikki fangame?! Well, I never! 2) And I'm loving the whole glitch/glass theme its got going on, it seems pretty interesting.
Back to top Go down
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal

Mayonnaise

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Yume Nikki Discussion (Plus Spinoffs)   Yume Nikki Discussion (Plus Spinoffs) I_icon_minitime11th May 2013, 11:16 am

Débris means rubish in french. I think Tatsuki see himself as worthless (as proven by the fact his name is anotated "idiot" in the menu) after he was broken psychichically by something or somebody. ("Debris" also means "Shards". And glasses shards and glitchehy-computer-parts are everywhere in the game)
Back to top Go down
zodiacrain
Pyramidal Crystal

zodiacrain

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Yume Nikki Discussion (Plus Spinoffs)   Yume Nikki Discussion (Plus Spinoffs) I_icon_minitime11th May 2013, 4:01 pm

I've been looking for new Yume Nikki fangames to play. I haven't been able to get Yume 2kki to work, so I think I'll give Debris a try.
Back to top Go down
zodiacrain
Pyramidal Crystal

zodiacrain

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Yume Nikki Discussion (Plus Spinoffs)   Yume Nikki Discussion (Plus Spinoffs) I_icon_minitime20th May 2013, 10:08 pm

The first chapter of the Yume Nikki comic is online now! The artwork is pretty interesting- I like how Madotsuki's eyes never open, just like in the game. Page 21 and 22 really scared me though. I hope it's translated soon...

I've been playing Debris! It's been pretty nice so far. I've got six effects so far.

Edit: The comic was translated! That was quick!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yume Nikki Discussion (Plus Spinoffs)   Yume Nikki Discussion (Plus Spinoffs) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yume Nikki Discussion (Plus Spinoffs)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top