The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Theory: Asteroid Senshi powers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mangaka-chan
Lotus Crystal

mangaka-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Helios/Chibi Usa shipper

Theory: Asteroid Senshi powers Empty
PostSubject: Theory: Asteroid Senshi powers   Theory: Asteroid Senshi powers I_icon_minitime4th May 2013, 2:11 pm

We saw a little bit of the Asteroid Senshi's powers in the manga in the form of Pink Lady Freezing Kiss and Amazon Jungle Arrow. But these two attacks are all group attacks, so that left me wondering what kind of attacks each individual Asteroid Senshi would have.

Judging by the Amazon Jungle Arrow attack it seems the Quartet retained some power related to their Amazon origin/Dead Moon Circus days. I can see Sailor Ceres being able to manipulate flowers, Sailor Vesta as a former animal tamer using a whip, and Sailor Pallas using balls in an attack. Sailor Juno I'm not so sure about, since she was an acrobat in the Dead Moon Circus, but maybe something like throwing darts or something (though in the manga VesVes was the one who threw daggers at the Inner Senshi).

We also know that the Asteroid Senshi are named after the four largest asteroid (though Ceres has now graduated to dwarf planet status) bearing the names of the Greek/Roman goddesses Ceres, Vesta, Pallas, and Juno, so it's not a stretch to think that they would have attacks with attributes to these goddesses. Their goddess powers can be a secondary, upgraded version of their attacks. Ceres is primarily associated with agriculture, so Sailor Ceres might have a stronger plant based attack. Vesta is the goddess of the sacred hearth so a fire/ember based attack for Sailor Vesta would make sense. Pallas is an epithet of the goddess of wisdom, Athena, and I think a defensive attack based on Athena's Aegis would make sense for Sailor Pallas. Sailor Juno's attack is again problematic, because Juno is the Roman equivalent of the Greek goddess Hera, better known for her extreme jealousy of Zeus' mistresses than as the patron goddess of marriage (the irony). >_> However Juno is also associated with the peacock, which according to the Roman poet Ovid, got it's many eyes like plumage after Hera places the eyes of the dead giant Argus onto its tail. This association makes me think Sailor Juno could have an illusion based attack, or conversely it could be used to see through an enemy's illusion.
Back to top Go down
http://mangakachan.tumblr.com/ http://mangaka-chan.deviantart.com/
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal

Cerechan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Sailor Ceres/Cere Cere

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Asteroid Senshi powers   Theory: Asteroid Senshi powers I_icon_minitime4th May 2013, 2:17 pm

Oh I love this! I always thought of it a little something like this.
Ceres: Plants
Vesta: Fire
Juno: Electricity
Pallas: Water
Back to top Go down
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Ethereal_Wishes http://ethereal-wishes.tumblr.com/
mangaka-chan
Lotus Crystal

mangaka-chan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Asteroid Senshi powers   Theory: Asteroid Senshi powers I_icon_minitime4th May 2013, 2:24 pm

Cerechan wrote:
Oh I love this! I always thought of it a little something like this.
Ceres: Plants
Vesta: Fire
Juno: Electricity
Pallas: Water

Sailor Juno I can kinda see, but that's based on the association of Zeus/Jupiter with Juno/Hera, so it's not something inherent to that mythological figure. But I don't see how Pallas has any connection to water. ^^;
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of the darkside of the moon

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Asteroid Senshi powers   Theory: Asteroid Senshi powers I_icon_minitime4th May 2013, 3:02 pm

It's because Pallas is the daughter of Triton who's the Son of Poseidon and Amphitrite both of which are associated with water. She also grew up with Athena because Triton acted as a foster father to Athena and raised her along with Pallas together.
Back to top Go down
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Asteroid Senshi powers   Theory: Asteroid Senshi powers I_icon_minitime4th May 2013, 3:50 pm

It'd be awesome if Sailor Vesta could also morph into an animal form, like Animorphs.
Back to top Go down
mangaka-chan
Lotus Crystal

mangaka-chan

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Asteroid Senshi powers   Theory: Asteroid Senshi powers I_icon_minitime4th May 2013, 5:25 pm

Sailor Venus wrote:
It'd be awesome if Sailor Vesta could also morph into an animal form, like Animorphs.

Bill K's fanfic has done exactly that. :3
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Asteroid Senshi powers   Theory: Asteroid Senshi powers I_icon_minitime10th May 2013, 11:17 am

Ceres Celestial Harvest!

Juno Fertile Vegetation!

Vesta Hearty Hearth!

Pallas Piercing Tritonis!

These were the ones I made up for this thread http://www.thegalaxycauldronforums.com/t1598p300-senshi-attack

by researching the legends on each mythological associate(some legends on each differ from the others depending on the location) aside from being considered mini planets now^^ when NAoko made Sailor Moon they were Asteroids and Pluto was still a full fledged planet instead of a dwarf planet^^ I also made up ones for other characters, like Sailor Mau.

It's fun to think about.

Back to top Go down
Cerechan
Lotus Crystal

Cerechan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC official Sailor Ceres/Cere Cere

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Asteroid Senshi powers   Theory: Asteroid Senshi powers I_icon_minitime10th May 2013, 2:11 pm

mangaka-chan wrote:
Sailor Venus wrote:

Bill K's fanfic has done exactly that. :3

Bill K is an amazing author, and I love his interpretation of the asteroid senshi.
Back to top Go down
https://archiveofourown.org/users/Ethereal_Wishes http://ethereal-wishes.tumblr.com/
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Asteroid Senshi powers   Theory: Asteroid Senshi powers I_icon_minitime10th May 2013, 9:34 pm

I definitely did get the idea from Bill K's fanfiction, but I do get off-topic. ^.^

I do like the unity that the group attacks symbolize, although I wouldn't be surprised if the group had initial issues, what with the unfortunate past of the Asteroid Senshi. I'm sure that added some unfortunate tension.
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Asteroid Senshi powers   Theory: Asteroid Senshi powers I_icon_minitime13th June 2013, 8:32 am

No more power ideas? :/
Back to top Go down
Miss Tricks
Lotus Crystal

Miss Tricks

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of Clouds

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Asteroid Senshi powers   Theory: Asteroid Senshi powers I_icon_minitime13th June 2013, 9:21 am

I'll give it a shot, just because.

Sailor Ceres: flowers, of course, with fertility and a little bit of poison/drugging mixed in.  I imagine that she has the potential to be something like Youko Kurama (from Yuu Yuu Hakusho), and might carry around an insane number of seedlings for varied uses.  When she gets her first major crush, I can see her getting herself into trouble over thoughtlessly using an aphrodisiac or something of the like.

Sailor Pallas:  Palla-Palla in the anime always had a strange and quirky spell for every occasion - I can see her being the flip side to Ami, and using water magic and her intuition, but specializing in illusions through water/mist/bubbles.

Sailor Juno:  Jun-Jun's character always struck me as being a 'wood' element - which is an interesting thing that I'll get to in a minute.  In any case, her element would probably be some form of 'energy/strength/heavy hitter' combination, with a wood affinity - "Heartwood Power Drive!" or something like that.  (She also has a love affinity.)  (And a war affinity.) (Heh, that's almost a really good joke!)

Sailor Vesta:  Sailor Vesta draws more directly from mythology - "Goddess of the Hearth" in her case is less about having a fire affinity than having a unique connection to creatures that are willing to make their homes with her.  Whatever attacks she has are usually connected to whatever she can infuse others with - with the exception of attacks with her whip, which she might use to literally effect hearts and spirits.  So, if she decided that she wanted to frighten somebody to death... or send them into a berserker rage, she might use her whip in different ways.  (...she is not usually a very welcoming homemaker.)

---

For the Sailor Senshi, I've always prescribed to the five Chinese element theory (and also the linguistics related to how the planets are known in the Japanese language, but that's not relevant for these four).  Sailor Venus is a metal element (which is a form of earth element, imo), Sailor Jupiter is a wood element (which is a form of air - actually, I want to know exactly why people think she's an earth element with her powers have to do with storms!), Sailor Mercury water and Sailor Mars fire.  

Sailor Vesta and Sailor Pallas fit within their prescribed elements of fire and water without a doubt (...in my mind, at least), but Sailor Ceres and Sailor Juno seem almost interchangeable in my mind between being metal or wood.  Part of this is likely because I haven't got as good a handle on what powers I think would fit Sailor Juno as I have on the others, so she doesn't quite fit into my head-canon yet.  

(...for those who think I'm not explaining myself clearly, you are correct!  I am too tired to elaborate on elements.  Wikipedia has all the answers.  xD)
Back to top Go down
http://miss-tricks.tumblr.com/
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Asteroid Senshi powers   Theory: Asteroid Senshi powers I_icon_minitime13th June 2013, 9:41 am

I like those powers!
Back to top Go down
plutonia
Star Seed

plutonia

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Asteroid Senshi powers   Theory: Asteroid Senshi powers I_icon_minitime15th July 2013, 12:28 pm

Pallas:
In myth, she was killed by Athena and then memorialized in the form of a statue (since Athena felt so guilty). For her attack, maybe it would be a stone-based attack.
Glimmering shard strike!
An attack that summons large shards of rock that can crush an enemy. It can also be used to block incoming attacks or trap enemies.

Juno:
In myth, Juno is the sister and wife of Jupiter, the sky god who uses lightning bolts as part of his power. I think it would make sense for her to have similar power over electricity and nature. 
She's also the daughter of Saturn, who is associated with agriculture and time, though I don't think time should be a part of her power because Pluto has power over time (and that could potentially make her immortal) and the nature part should be skipped as well since Ceres is focused on agriculture. So just the electrical powers, here! 
Electric storm thrash! 
An attack that throws blindingly bright of lightning at the enemy, injuring and/or paralyzing them. It can also be used to stun or distract.

Ceres:
In myth, she is the goddess of agriculture and fertility. I know Chibiusa's powers relate to love, but in Usagi's senshi group, both Venus and Usagi seem to have heart/love themed attacks, so Ceres gets plants and love.
Toxic petal passion!
An attack that surrounds the enemy in razor-sharp petals to injure them and take them down. They are poisonous and can sicken the enemy quickly.

Vesta:
In mythology she is the goddess of hearth and home, represented by the fire that burns on the hearth. Reasonably enough, her powers would be fire-based.
Crimson ember inferno!
An attack that blasts red hot embers at the enemy. It can also be focused and held (rather than shot) to provide light in the darkness.

So their powers are of stone, electricity, plants/love, and fire.
Which leaves out water/ice, air/wind, death...

Maybe there are a few asteroid senshi who are not yet discovered? Wink
Back to top Go down
Empress Vesta
Lotus Crystal

Empress Vesta

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official VesVes/Sailor Vesta and GC's Official Sailor Quartet Lover

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Asteroid Senshi powers   Theory: Asteroid Senshi powers I_icon_minitime1st December 2013, 8:23 pm

I've given the subject of the Asteroid's powers quite a bit of thought (probably much more than I should have), and this is what I think (and I've thought of some attacks, too).

Theory: Asteroid Senshi powers 960643999 Ceres was the easiest to figure out, since her Circus title and the connotations to the goddess Ceres were one and the same: plants. In the anime, I think she also had some control of poison, so I figured she'd get a poison attack as well as a hypnosis one just because.

Floral Enchantment- Ceres basically makes plants grow with this one, from flowers to trees and vines. Can be used to tie up, strangle, confuse, or simply cover something with foliage.
Toxic Zephyr- She picks a flower and blows the pollen dust off it. This pollen dust is essentially poison, and is usually meant to stun or knock unconscious.
Ceres Pollenated Lullaby- She picks a dandelion and blows the seeds off of it and at an enemy. Once the seeds have landed on the enemy, she has complete control and can hypnotize him or her to do almost anything (though this lasts for only a few minutes).

Theory: Asteroid Senshi powers 874702498 As for Vesta, I always see her in fanfiction either with animal-based or fire-based attacks, so why not combine the two? She would always have her trusty whip (and uses it for full advantage on one attack), and be able to summon flaming animals (well, tigers to be specific; for some reason that's the animal I think of when I think of Vesta).

Sacred Blaze- A holographic image of a fireplace appears. Then the fire burns out, leaving only the holographic embers. Then the holographic embers turn into actual embers, which she flings at the enemy. The only one of her attacks based purely on fire.
Searing Whiplash- She brings out her whip, which catches on fire. Then she lashes an enemy with it.
Vesta Feline Flare- In which Vesta summons a huge tiger made of pure flame. This acts as a sort of guardian for a few minutes, attacking anything and everything she wants it to. It only lasts a few minutes before fading.

Theory: Asteroid Senshi powers 697418244 Okay, for Pallas, I admit that I did draw some inspiration from Bill K's fics. The telekinesis idea was just too clever, and it does work considering her Circus background. However, I also see a lot of people giving her ice-based attacks, so I thought, why not give her one or two? And again, I decided to do a combination. 

Frozen Projectile- The image of a doll made of ice appears and breaks apart into many sharp pieces, acting like broken glass. Pallas then makes the ice shards fly at the enemy.
Spontaneous Animation- Basically telekinesis. She can move almost anything with her mind, though with larger objects, she usually needs the help of Juno's energy attacks.
Pallas Combative Puppeteer- She summons large, life-sized dolls made of ice (usually two at a time), and they become her soldiers. She controls them using invisible marionette strings. More often than not, these literal toy soldiers have swords. They usually last for a few minutes.

Theory: Asteroid Senshi powers 4122659016 Juno's was definitely the hardest to figure out. Juno is the goddess of marriage and that really doesn't say much (except perhaps the power to ship two people and have it be a reality--though that'd be more of a Venus crack!attack than anything). So I thought about her Circus title--the Acrobat, and after a while of thinking, I thought that perhaps she'd be the soldier of energy--literally, physical energy/health. She'd have super strength and super speed and be able to suck endurance out of an opponent and be able to give physical energy to a tired or injured comrade. She'd be the one who does the most hand-to-hand combat, and together with Pallas' telekinesis, she'd be able to break through walls and get them all out of a tight situation.

Speed/Strength Enhancement- Two variations of the same attack. She'll say the incantation (either 'Strength Enhancement' or 'Speed Enhancement'), and she'll be surrounded by a green aura that lasts for a few minutes. During this time, she'll have either super strength or super speed, depending on which one she wants.
Everlasting Endowment- In which she gives an energy boost to those who need it. It doesn't heal wounds or give super strength/speed, but it does increase stamina and prevents any old injuries from being a burden (though she does know when it's best to just take her comrade out of the fighting).
Juno Energetic Pillage- This attack is the opposite of the previous one, where she takes away energy from whomever or whatever she wants to. It's almost like a youma attack in a way. Other than decreasing stamina and physical energy, it can also weaken building structures (but only with the help of other Senshi's attacks will it make the building actually collapse).

This is just what I think (and I'm sorry if I'm not supposed to post in a thread that's gone about five months without posts).
Back to top Go down
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/senshiofthewild
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theory: Asteroid Senshi powers   Theory: Asteroid Senshi powers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Theory: Asteroid Senshi powers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top