The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

"Usagi x Mamoru" not "Mamoru x Usagi?"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

"Usagi x Mamoru" not "Mamoru x Usagi?" Empty
PostSubject: "Usagi x Mamoru" not "Mamoru x Usagi?"   "Usagi x Mamoru" not "Mamoru x Usagi?" I_icon_minitime16th August 2011, 5:15 pm

Ok, now this is a rather nonsensical question but has been nagging me. Maybe this is a yaoi thing, but when people are putting together two names of a couple, the dominant figure always comes first. For example, to put it in Sailor Moon terms, if one were to pair together Kunzite and Zoicite, it would be Kunzite x Zoicite, with Kunzite's name coming first to show that he is the dominant (seme) of the couple.

Now with Mamoru being the male of the couple, techinically his name should go first because he is Usagi's protector and all that. However, I have never done that. And I do not know anyone else who puts Mamoru's name first either. Is it because Usagi is the main character? And perhaps because as Sailor Moon, she is stronger than Mamoru with him being her supporter?

Just a bit of silliness really, but just wondering how you guys felt as well. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
thewhitemoonfamily
Lotus Crystal

thewhitemoonfamily

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lady Claudia of Crystal Tokyo

PostSubject: Re: "Usagi x Mamoru" not "Mamoru x Usagi?"   "Usagi x Mamoru" not "Mamoru x Usagi?" I_icon_minitime16th August 2011, 5:21 pm

On my blog, whenever I find a romantic picture of Usagi and Mamoru, I naturally put her name first, only because I commonly think of her as the main character. I've also seen that with her other pairings like UsagixSeiya, UsagixDiamond, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://thewhitemoonfamily.tumblr.com http://thewhitemoonfamily.tumblr.com http://claujowrites.deviantart.com https://www.youtube.com/user/monkeejr?feature=mhee
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: "Usagi x Mamoru" not "Mamoru x Usagi?"   "Usagi x Mamoru" not "Mamoru x Usagi?" I_icon_minitime16th August 2011, 11:41 pm

For some reason I have a tendency to say MamoxUsa or I'll switch it around. I don't think I look at it as a dominance thing. I look at it more of what sounds better at the time. XD
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

PostSubject: Re: "Usagi x Mamoru" not "Mamoru x Usagi?"   "Usagi x Mamoru" not "Mamoru x Usagi?" I_icon_minitime16th August 2011, 11:57 pm

Brit-chan wrote:
For some reason I have a tendency to say MamoxUsa or I'll switch it around. I don't think I look at it as a dominance thing. I look at it more of what sounds better at the time. XD

Yah! That is how I feel. UsagiMamoru feels easier to say than Mamoru-Usagi. The latter kinda feels like a mouthful to say. Or sometimes I will say UsaMamo, but I don't know, it feels easier to say her name first. Maybe because it starts with a vowel? XD
Back to top Go down
Toft
Pyramidal Crystal

Toft

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: "Usagi x Mamoru" not "Mamoru x Usagi?"   "Usagi x Mamoru" not "Mamoru x Usagi?" I_icon_minitime17th August 2011, 12:02 am

Well, the dude is hardly always the dominant person in a het relationship, right? Very Happy I mean, I don't really do the dominance thing with pairing order, though I know it's super-common - I tend to switch around a lot. But if we're doing that thing then Mamoru is totally the damsel in distress of Sailor Moon, SO. (How many times has he been abducted and had to be rescued by Usagi? FOR SERIOUS.)
Back to top Go down
http://tofsla.dreamwidth.org
sailorvixen
Pyramidal Crystal

sailorvixen

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Space Princess

PostSubject: Re: "Usagi x Mamoru" not "Mamoru x Usagi?"   "Usagi x Mamoru" not "Mamoru x Usagi?" I_icon_minitime17th August 2011, 12:05 pm

I agree with Toft! I would consider her to be the dominant one for the same reasons. Plus she has him wrapped around her finger a little bit Wink UsagixMamoru sounds better anyway!
Back to top Go down
http://sailorvixen.tumblr.com
Rachael
Pyramidal Crystal

Rachael

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: "Usagi x Mamoru" not "Mamoru x Usagi?"   "Usagi x Mamoru" not "Mamoru x Usagi?" I_icon_minitime26th August 2011, 12:12 am

Yeah, I tend to put it in the order of "who initiates," "who seduces," "who is dominant" (only in kink fics), and "who directs the relationship." I usually decide that dynamic by putting the older person first, or if they're the same age, in alphabetical order. Every now and then, I write a Younger x Older fic, too.

This leads to interesting dynamics like Ami being the most dominant of the Sailor Team, and the possible contradiction of "Haruka x Michiru" vs. "Neptune x Uranus."
Back to top Go down
Kyasariin
Star Seed

Kyasariin

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: "Usagi x Mamoru" not "Mamoru x Usagi?"   "Usagi x Mamoru" not "Mamoru x Usagi?" I_icon_minitime27th September 2011, 7:29 am

See, I'm weird. If it's a het pairing, I always put the girl first, and if it's a yuri/yaoi pairing, I put the uke first. XD I just like it better that way.
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

PostSubject: Re: "Usagi x Mamoru" not "Mamoru x Usagi?"   "Usagi x Mamoru" not "Mamoru x Usagi?" I_icon_minitime27th September 2011, 7:52 am

Kyasariin wrote:
See, I'm weird. If it's a het pairing, I always put the girl first, and if it's a yuri/yaoi pairing, I put the uke first. XD I just like it better that way.

First, the fact that you even mentioned yaoi/yuri and ukes makes you automatically awesome in my book. Very Happy I want to make you my new best friend. "Usagi x Mamoru" not "Mamoru x Usagi?" 4033448464

Ahem. But yah, I never put the uke first. lol. Do you know what I think it is. How it sounds by the wording. Usually I always put the seme first but there are some instances where one name just fits better than the other. For example, with Gin and Aizen, Aizen is clearly the dominant to me. But it feels weird to say Aizen before Gin, so I always say Gin x Aizen (which then makes people think that I consider Gin to be the seme. lol.) In het pairings I think I usually put the male first, except if, as I said before, the names sound better the other way.

Rachael wrote:

and the possible contradiction of "Haruka x Michiru" vs. "Neptune x Uranus."
Oh my gosh, so true but I never thought of that! I have to say that must be (for me) because of the way it feels to say their names. Uranus x Neptune does not feel as natural to say in comparison to Neptune x Uranus.
Back to top Go down
Toft
Pyramidal Crystal

Toft

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: "Usagi x Mamoru" not "Mamoru x Usagi?"   "Usagi x Mamoru" not "Mamoru x Usagi?" I_icon_minitime27th September 2011, 9:17 am

Sailor Jupiter wrote:
Kyasariin wrote:

First, the fact that you even mentioned yaoi/yuri and ukes makes you automatically awesome in my book. Very Happy I want to make you my new best friend. "Usagi x Mamoru" not "Mamoru x Usagi?" 4033448464

God you guys, why are you so adorable.

Also, Kyasariin, your strategy totally appeals to my sense of the perverse. "Usagi x Mamoru" not "Mamoru x Usagi?" 1434556979

Sailor Jupiter wrote:

Rachael wrote:

and the possible contradiction of "Haruka x Michiru" vs. "Neptune x Uranus."
Oh my gosh, so true but I never thought of that! I have to say that must be (for me) because of the way it feels to say their names. Uranus x Neptune does not feel as natural to say in comparison to Neptune x Uranus.

Haruka and Michiru switch anyway. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Amaranta
Star Seed

Amaranta

Star Seed

Title : Argenteenager

PostSubject: Re: "Usagi x Mamoru" not "Mamoru x Usagi?"   "Usagi x Mamoru" not "Mamoru x Usagi?" I_icon_minitime27th September 2011, 9:43 am

Toft wrote:
But if we're doing that thing then Mamoru is totally the damsel in distress of Sailor Moon, SO. (How many times has he been abducted and had to be rescued by Usagi? FOR SERIOUS.)

Haruka and Michiru switch anyway. Rolling Eyes

That's my headcannon right there, Toft XD
Back to top Go down
http://madremarte.tumblr.com
Kyasariin
Star Seed

Kyasariin

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: "Usagi x Mamoru" not "Mamoru x Usagi?"   "Usagi x Mamoru" not "Mamoru x Usagi?" I_icon_minitime27th September 2011, 9:47 am

Toft wrote:
Sailor Jupiter wrote:
Kyasariin wrote:

God you guys, why are you so adorable.

Also, Kyasariin, your strategy totally appeals to my sense of the perverse. "Usagi x Mamoru" not "Mamoru x Usagi?" 1434556979
LMFAO! Thanks, both of you! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Zaithat
Pyramidal Crystal

Zaithat

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: "Usagi x Mamoru" not "Mamoru x Usagi?"   "Usagi x Mamoru" not "Mamoru x Usagi?" I_icon_minitime27th September 2011, 7:15 pm

Apparently I'm a bit backwards when it comes to yaoi pairings. I always read the seme as the first one and the uke second. But, on the same hand, I don't have a preference with het couples.

Usagi x Mamoru just sounds. . . right.
Back to top Go down
Toft
Pyramidal Crystal

Toft

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: "Usagi x Mamoru" not "Mamoru x Usagi?"   "Usagi x Mamoru" not "Mamoru x Usagi?" I_icon_minitime27th September 2011, 9:58 pm

That's the standard, Zaithat. Some of us are just... eccentric. XD
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: "Usagi x Mamoru" not "Mamoru x Usagi?"   "Usagi x Mamoru" not "Mamoru x Usagi?" I_icon_minitime28th September 2011, 12:53 am

You know what else it could be, i find it also depends on who the main character of the story is. Say like in DBZ the main character is Goku, so for his pairings i'll think to use his name first and same goes for Sailor Moon, Usagi is the main character so I think her name should come first. Thats just a thought i had today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Usagi x Mamoru" not "Mamoru x Usagi?"   "Usagi x Mamoru" not "Mamoru x Usagi?" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Usagi x Mamoru" not "Mamoru x Usagi?"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top