The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal

Mayonnaise

Lotus Crystal

Title : Secretly Artemis in a suit

[SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!?   [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime26th March 2013, 2:19 pm

Tiny typo in episode 25: I'm pretty sure the thrid senshi isn't Ami's long lost sister -w-
I'm enjoying it so far ^^ I'm amazed you found a purpose to episode 20, which was more OVA-ish.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!?   [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime26th March 2013, 7:55 pm

Lol! Thanks for checking Mayo! Miki doesn't know hot to Sailor Moon sometimes. I thought I was going to get nothing for 20 but its honestly a REALLY important Ami episode, its the first one where she truly steps up her personality. Meanwhile, I'm mid-series and Rei hasn't really shone yet...
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!?   [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th March 2013, 2:29 pm

26- Usagi is elected as leader.

28- Mamoru first calls her "Usagi"

29- Mamoru touches her for the first time.
Back to top Go down
http://neoma2.tumblr.com/
Adelaide
Lotus Crystal

Adelaide

Lotus Crystal

Title : Unashamed Sailor Moon Crystal lover // Formerly Saturn Skyy - until I found out that it was the name of a car

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!?   [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th March 2013, 5:31 pm

Moonlight Lady wrote:
26- Usagi is elected as leader.

28- Mamoru first calls her "Usagi"

29- Mamoru touches her for the first time.

Not to be a giant debbie downer, but I feel like sometimes, the small things do not need an entire episode. If a 30 minute has about 2 minutes of development or story, then its really filler
Back to top Go down
http://dianathemoonfairy.tumblr.com
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!?   [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th March 2013, 5:53 pm

Moonlight Lady is just adding to the list on the main page...

Filler doesn't really exist in Sailor Moon. The series is a slice-of-life show that develops slowly, every once in a while a two-parter special or ending-arc crops up. But these are not really what sustains the series. It is more similar to character-rather-than-plot-based shows such as My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Pokemon or The Simpsons than people credit it for. I simply think if you do not like the format of this show, don't watch it and this thread was really made just to reason with people complaining about "too much so-called filler" all the time.

Sailor Moon develops organically rather than forcing everything into one episode. So its not really filler.
Back to top Go down
Adelaide
Lotus Crystal

Adelaide

Lotus Crystal

Title : Unashamed Sailor Moon Crystal lover // Formerly Saturn Skyy - until I found out that it was the name of a car

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!?   [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th March 2013, 6:20 pm

I didnt see that she was adding to the first post. Sorry about that.

Hope you didn't think I was attacking the episodes too much. I havent watched classic in a longggg time.

Personally, I enjoy more episodes than I dont, but I am just personally more of a plot based than character based show person (for example, i dislike all the shows you mentioned , except Simpsons). Hence, I am a bit of a bigger fan of manga than anime
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!?   [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th March 2013, 6:51 pm

That's occurs often between East and Western media. In the West, most books, television programmes, movies and so on (but not all of course) revolve around events, climaxes, plot and so forth. Meanwhile in Asia, most stories are about the character, their feelings and relationships. The plot forms around their personalities and choices rather than being the result of what is happening. Unfortunately many people do not see this difference and complain about how a particular show doesn't fit how they think it should be. Sailor Moon is typical of an Asian story.

This was one of the downfalls of PGSM, a little too much plot that became wasted on the audience, and wasn't received as positively as it might have been. The Musicals were successfully yet their plot is slim and most time is dedicated to discussing feelings or singing about them.

I just think many people overlook the anime as "oh this episode is a waste of time" when pretty much every episode offers a little something to the overall series. I also think alot of that feeling comes through the dub which tended to cut out the finer details and people continue to think about episodes in the same way.
Back to top Go down
Adelaide
Lotus Crystal

Adelaide

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!?   [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th March 2013, 7:06 pm

Hmm, part of the issue might be I was recently re-watching parts of the dub of SuperS, I would watch the subbed version but A) none of my friends want to read subtitles and B) I sometimes like to throw it on when I am doing a few other things around the house and its easier to listen when doing other things.

Maybeeee I need to buckle down and watch the subbed version

Also, I havent gotten around to PGSM, but from everything I hear I think I may like it better (just my personal taste)
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!?   [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th March 2013, 7:31 pm

SuperS is a bit different, its more psychological than the other four, there is no sense of immediate emergency till the very end, the girls do not feel as threatened by the Dead Moon Circus throughout SuperS until the final six or so episodes as the other four major groups. Instead SuperS seems to be written as a lesson-based series in which Chibiusa learns in each episode about a different kind of dream, slowly allowing her to develop with Pegasus. Perhaps the development there is more symbolic?

Though who knows I might be completely wrong and SuperS might build a little bit at a time just like the other four. I don't want to set anything down till I rewatch even though I've seen it several times...
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!?   [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29th March 2013, 11:22 am

31 - Rei starts seeing thas Mamoru isn't much interested in her.

32 - Usagi sees that Motoki treats her like a child.

34 - Mamoru talks about his past.

SuperS also puts more emphasis on victims of the day and their own stories than other seasons, so there may not be much general plot impact - but it's not filler, it's format.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!?   [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29th March 2013, 2:37 pm

I think you're right about SuperS, but through each victim story, Chibiusa learns a little bit more about dreams, and thus strengthening her relationship and bond with Pegasus which is where SuperS heads towards. So you could argue that every episode is building to that as well
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!?   [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th March 2013, 12:47 pm

Yes - but this building is not typical linear development of plot, but it seems to me rather like completing picture with little puzzles.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!?   [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30th March 2013, 5:09 pm

Yup I agree

episodes 41~44 up.
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!?   [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime31st March 2013, 1:22 pm

So it's official that there is no filler in season 1?

SuperS is also more like older Magical Girls series, where apparently was nothing but filler - as there was little linking plot.

I also wonder whether lake monster of episode 40 isn't supposed to be some parallel to Beryl?
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!?   [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th April 2013, 7:20 am

So there is, after all, development in dinosaur episode.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!?   [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime7th April 2013, 2:57 pm

I suppose so, up until that episode, Chibiusa was incredibly suspicious of getting close to anyone but after this episode she begins to open up more. So I think its pretty important.
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!?   [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th April 2013, 11:40 am

So probably I was just prejudiced to the dinosaur, which made me see this episode as filler.

Why do you think Unazuki was introduced to deprive us of Naru?
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!?   [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th April 2013, 9:09 pm

Because Unazuki pretty much became Neo-Naru in S and SuperS.
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!?   [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th April 2013, 12:27 pm

I'd say that they are quite different - Naru is more proper, Unazuki more lively. Or is it because they are both regular girls?
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!?   [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th April 2013, 4:42 pm

The joke was not serious, it was just because Naru had many appearances in the first two series, because she was just a friend of the gang but in S and SuperS Unazuki steps in to replace that role instead.

I thought it was rather obvious...
Back to top Go down
Adelaide
Lotus Crystal

Adelaide

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!?   [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th April 2013, 5:23 pm

Sometimes jokes just don't read well in print....

We need a font for sarcasm.

Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Title : The Hybrid Enigma
Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!?   [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th April 2013, 5:33 pm

I don't think Unazuki is a Naru. Unazuki was a character who was created as a way to make Usagi jealous and has her own personality, family and background and Naru still reappears however rare it may be. In the manga Naru even has a sister, a hoochi sista at that lol while Unazuki's brother is Motoki
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!?   [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th April 2013, 5:39 pm

I didn't mean that... I just meant she replaced Naru's role as "non-Sailor Soldier friend that's there sometimes". (Did you read the mainpost...?)
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

Location : A far away land, where mystery and adventure are rich and bountiful, and where dreams are not wished, but granted <3

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!?   [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th April 2013, 5:44 pm

No I didn't lol but I still don't believe she replaced anyone. Naru has her own purpose as a character, as does Unazuki. It's better if the senshi have more then just one human friend but with as many main characters as Sailor Moon has, it's no wonder certain characters end up disappearing. I experience this problem when I write. You have so many characters that it isn't easy to give everyone face time so some characters pop up for a while, go away and are replaced then they pop back up again
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!?   [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th April 2013, 5:47 pm

It was just meant as a little joke... that Naru started being gone for longer and longer periods of times after Unazuki showed up while Unazuki had more and more appearances. That's why it was crossed out.
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!?   [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th April 2013, 5:58 pm

It doesn't hurt to disagree despite it being a joke
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!?   [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th April 2013, 6:01 pm

But the joke had nothing to do with their personalities -.o I'm not sure if you guys other than ML are actually looking at the statement in question...
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!?   [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th April 2013, 6:05 pm

I mentioned the different personalities because they are different people and the joke was saying that Unazuki was just another Naru

Quote :
-.o

That's a cute face, I'm going to have to use that now
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!?   [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th April 2013, 6:07 pm

The joke was:

Quote :
Introduction of Unazuki to get rid of Naru from series.

that was all. Nothing about them being the same, just having similar functions... It was crossed out to show it was a joke in the first place

o.- -.o o.O O.o -.O O.- use ALL the faces
Back to top Go down
nerf-or-nothing
Star Seed

nerf-or-nothing

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!?   [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th April 2013, 6:18 pm

I was lazy cause I'm bored so I only caught snippets of the conversation like the Neo-Naru comments.

@_@ <-Umino's glasses
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!?   [SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[SPOILER] Is The Anime Filler!?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top