The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

BSSM-Sugar: Origins of a Senshi

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of the darkside of the moon

BSSM-Sugar: Origins of a Senshi Empty
PostSubject: BSSM-Sugar: Origins of a Senshi   BSSM-Sugar: Origins of a Senshi I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 4:20 pm

So decided to put some of my writings here too, but I'll just put the BSSM Sugar Generation here first.  Though, wondering if I should add DMR series too.. Ah well.  
Anyway, first in a random series about my Ocs from BSSM: Sugar. Everyone from the princesses to their guardians.

--------------------

BSSM Sugar: Beginnings of a Senshi

Tyrella

My name is Tyrella Jones and I live on the outskirts of Crystal Tokyo with my ailing mother. My father, well, I don't know where he is. One day he left to go find more work in a different part of the city and he's never returned. Sometimes, I think he just left us here, other times I think he could've been killed and-  I just prefer to believe he left us.  It's easier that way.

I don't know, there's a lot of things that are just difficult to deal with. Things I can't change at all.  For instance, my mother, as I mentioned before, is sick but it's almost unheard of in a place where you don't even get cavities.  How can I expect them to be able to help her? We tried that before, you know. Doctors that still cling to some semblance of a job since there's no illness to cure.  It sometimes makes me wonder if this extended life free of disease or any sort of illness worthwhile or not.  Most days I think it is, other days I don't because then they would know how to help her.

Which kind of brings me to here, looking at an ad for help  at this store.  I had to change earlier so my school uniform wouldn't be recognized. It's odd, considering we're so poor, that I attend a rather expensive and exclusive school. My mother won't tell me anything about it other than someone recognized my talent in martial arts and sponsored me. That in itself is odd considering I don't do many competitions.   Either way, I hope these people had reasonable schedules at least.  

--

I didn't get the job, apparently I look too intimidating to the customers.  Not that I can blame them, I'm taller than most men here and muscular. The few friends I do have used to joke that if it wasn't for my bust size, they would've thought me to be a handsome looking guy.  Not exactly flattering, as you can tell.  

Sighing, I went off to find another place that might hire me on.  It's hard, I think, to not feel resentful towards my parents- myself. Everyone around me seems to prefer really short and petite girls that are 'kawaii'.   Maybe I'm jealous?  Jealous that I can't look like that?

Glancing out of the corner of my eye, I can see them everywhere- some dressed normally as any other, some dressed in the subculture they belong to, but all of them are cute.   I grip the strap to my bag tightly, but continue on looking. It's useless, this emotion. I can't change what I look like. I wish I could though.  If I did, I could be this pale, short, cute japanese girl who gets asked out all the time and everyone would think I was datable, worthwhile in some ways. Yet, I'm not any of that.  I'm not short, I'm tall. I'm not pale, but my skintone is a medium brown with a yellow cast to it. Don't even get me started on my hair and features.

I stop and glance into a window of a store with all these cute clothes in them. It's almost bitter, what I'm feeling- I would never be able to buy anything off the rack like others do. The only way I find most of my clothes is to sew it myself or shop in the men's section where it's still hard to find something that fit. Even underwear and bras are extremely hard to find when you don't have the money to spend on them.   The gown here is very pretty, I doubt that I could even pretend to reproduce that. I should stop thinking like this, it only depresses me further.

Which is when it happens.

A strange looking woman that's staring at me. At fourteen, I felt utterly self-conscious about the fact I am not in school, where I'm supposed to be right now.  Usually my height and body always allowed me to go wherever without anyone assuming I was younger than I really am.  Yet this woman, with gray hair and odd red eyes, was staring at me as if she knows something.

Despite being able to fight, I want nothing more than to leave but somehow I'm frozen to the spot. My body won't listen to me!

"Finally." She says, walking up to me in that odd dress of hers that was equally as gray as her hair. "I knew we would finally find you."

"Who are you?" Maybe if I threw my bag at her, I could get away?  That sound like a bad idea when I notice other cars are around- all black and men in suits are stepping out of the cars.  "What do you want with me?"

What if she's one of those people you hear about that kidnap women off the street? There's no way I could fight off -all- of them.  Yet, I don't want to go quietly either.  " If you wanna start something here, I hope you have good insurance, pal."

She seem almost baffled by that- wait..did that mean she isn't trying something underhanded?-   "What? Oh no, we're not trying to hurt you or anything. In fact, we've been looking for your family for a long time."

"What for?"

She laughs softly and moves closer, extending a card to me.  Hesitantly, I take it and look it over, frowning more out of confusion than anything else.  "You've gotta be kidding me."

"No," she smiles warmly and it's only then do I notice the mark.  A golden crescent moon that marks all that are part of the royal family of Crystal Palace.  The anointed. The holy family, if you want to believe others.  How many times have I passed by that odd little sect that worshiped that family?  Gods incarnated on earth, they say.

But what does any of that have to do with me?

"Jones, Tyrella, isn't it?" The royal advisor, Diana, asks me. "Your grandmother has been looking for your family for quite sometime."

I'm not even sure what to think of this. It's..too bizarre for words. "Grandmother? My mother said she's dead." Well, actually I assumed she was because my mother never speaks of her. I often wondered why but.. "Why does she care? My.."  I close my mouth, unable to even articulate what I was feeling right now. "We've been doing fine without you."

Diana sighs and gestures for me to follow her inside the limo, "Please? So we can talk in more private space."

Again, this is too weird but I don't know what else to do. The reality of the situation is simple: We're broke, utterly so. I can't find a job that doesn't require me to pander to the fetishes of others.

So what's the worse that can happen?

I took her offer and allow her to explain things in the drive to the palace as she said she would have someone pick up my mother and care for her.  I'm not sure I like this though. Essentially my role is to be trained to protect some princess I've never met. It was my 'duty' as a princess- Are you kidding me? I'm a princess? - and a warrior of Jupiter to do this.  

I have to ask, why me, but apparently according to Diana, whatever Sailor crystal it is, decided to skip passing it's powers onto my mother, who was this..Kino Makoto's daughter.  The story I got from this was that there is something of a feud between my parents and Makoto herself. Diana's vague on why, but it essentially attributed to why I didn't know about my grandmother.  Which also explains why I attended such a ridiculous priced private school.

By the time we got to the palace, my head aches with all of this. Secrets, hidden life and..

"If you want." Diana's saying, "You can meet her."

"Who?"

"Your grandmother."

Biting my lower lip, I'm unsure about this. What if...?    

"It'll be alright, Jones." Diana reassures me, "She's waiting for you in the flower parlor."

It's only when they try to take my bag did I realize I had a death grip on it.  Reluctant to have it taken, I let go and allow myself to be lead off to the parlor where she waited for me.  Maybe I'm too stunned  by all this, but I take little notice of my surroundings. It's made of all crystal, pearls, and completely felt rigid.  Nothing like my home where it's tiny, cramp, and comfortable. It's like there's too much space or something.

But I'm not thinking about that. I'm too busy staring at the door that looks almost like a wing ontop of an egg shaped door.  Diana opens the door and inside there's a woman dressed in green with deep brown hair that's streaked with lighter shades and even white.  
"Jupiter-sama?"

I've never felt too intimidated in my life before, but in this instance just the power of her gaze makes me want to run the opposite directiong.  At least then, I knew where I stand in life, but this is different, uncertain and-

"Diana.." The woman says with a faint smile, "Thank you so much, please come in. I have had some rose tea ordered for this occassion."    

"It's alright, Jupiter-sama." Diana shakes her head  "But I think I should leave you two to get to know each other.  If you will excuse me?"  

No! I thought, but can't reach out to her. Don't leave me here alone!

Yet I am.  Alone with the woman that I have no saintly idea what to do with.

"Have a seat." Jupiter-Kino Makoto- gestures to a seat across from her, "I promise, I won't bite."

After doing as she instructed, I can't bring myself to look at her. She's basically everything I'm not. Elegant looking, even though she's tall, and pale..and- her eyes look exactly  like mine.  I shift in the seat, unable to be conformtable as she serves the tea.  Breathing in, I finally notice the room itself- it's bright, with flowers growing almost wildly around. If I hadn't known any better, I would've thought this was part of a smaller garden.  

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Jupiter asks me, while sipping her own tea, "It took me years, but it was well worth it I think."  

"Yea- I mean Yes it is." What am I suppose to say here?  "I..um-"

"I heard  Kaede- I mean your mother, was ill." There's concern in her voice,  maybe she does care?  "Do you know how she came to be so?"

"Not really."  Staring at the tea was a good idea. It's eaiser to talk to that than to her. " She just..is. No one knows how to help her."

"I'm certain we can find a way." She sounds so sincere.  Why did she and mother have a fight? "I guess you're wondering.."

"I am."

When she explains it to me, I can only conclude that the entire rift is because of my father. My father who doesn't fit the critera fit to marrying a princess of Jupiter.  That's actually all there was to it and I felt it's so cliche so ...stupid that I felt  a bit angry about it. All this time I could've grown up knowing who I was and probably wouldn't have had to dealt with most of my insecurity issues if they had just reconcilled.  

"Your father?"

"He's dead."  I reply, though I don't know for certain. Not like she has to know that.  "We live on our own."

"I see." she looks a bit defeated, but I'm not sure why. "You look so much like him."  She muses suddenly, "Though, those eyes-"

"From my mother."

"Yes..yes hair color too- even your height. I bet you had a tough time, Tyrella."

Again, that uncomfortable feeling, but I nod anyway.  "You could say that."

Her sad smile towards me held too much understanding. I didn't want that. I didn't want to- "What do you want with us now? Lady Diana told me about this..senshi thing."

"You can do that." She says and pushes a slice of cake towards me. "It would benifit you if you did choose that path, however you will stand to lose nothing if you don't. As a member of my family, you and your mother will be given stipends to live on and help you. So either way, you are not obligated for this. I just hope that out of this we can still remain close."

Picking up the tea finally, I sip it, though I don't enjoy the flavor of Rose tea. Something about it is off putting, but I don't want to be rude about it. Still, the offer is tantalizing.  I wouldn't ever lack for clothes that fit, I wouldn't be looked at as an oddity either.  A chance at a new start, new life and mother would be taken care of.

I could be someone important.

"I'll do it." I set the tea down and pick up the tiny cake-fork, cutting a piece off and take a bite.

The only thing that's regretable is the fact I would have to add and be known mostly by 'Kino' but...it's a small sacrifice to the larger picture. A picture I will paint myself as someone that's more than this.

Last edited by Ktenshi on 4th June 2018, 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: BSSM-Sugar: Origins of a Senshi   BSSM-Sugar: Origins of a Senshi I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 5:55 pm

Oh, this is interesting. Will all of the new generation get a short story like this?
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: BSSM-Sugar: Origins of a Senshi   BSSM-Sugar: Origins of a Senshi I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 6:03 pm

Most likely. Especially since I don't have 'villains' for them yet. n.n;
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: BSSM-Sugar: Origins of a Senshi   BSSM-Sugar: Origins of a Senshi I_icon_minitime2nd March 2013, 6:04 pm

XD. *Huggles sympathetically.*
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: BSSM-Sugar: Origins of a Senshi   BSSM-Sugar: Origins of a Senshi I_icon_minitime24th March 2013, 6:07 am

Aoiko

I'm Aoiko Mizuno, my grandmother is recognizable to everyone that's been alive for the past couple of millennia. Doctor Mercury, they call her, the person who helped revolutionize healing of broken bones and random body genetic mishaps. The person that unravelled many secrets from a human DNA strand. A genius! And her own daughter, my mother? Also a prodigy with messy handwriting but because of her genius, everyone overlooks it and called her eccentric. Everyone raved when my mother married another prodigy by the name of- well that doesn't matter actually. The point of the matter was:

The Mizuno Family could only churn out geniuses.

Then there's me.

I'm nothing like my great grandmother or my grandmother, or ether of my parents. My grades are average, maybe slightly below. I do not have their slim, swimmer's bodies either. In fact, if it wasn't for my eyes or hair color, no one would ever think that I, Aoiko, was ever a Mizuno. I simply was nothing like them.

I was a disappointment.

My grandmother believed that I was bored and tried to have me tested whenever the fancy seemed to strike her. It's like she really believed I was more than what I appeared, but all the tests have the same results. I just wished she would stop and realize that it's alright if I'm not super smart. That's what my brother was for, he was super smart. Everyone loved him because of it. Or maybe because he was, objectively speaking, handsome to boot. There was never a day that went by when he didn't get a love letter. It's been that way ever since puberty hit and maybe even before then.

Where he was lean and muscular, I was chubby and not. Where he was - well you get the idea, from there.

My mother and father, well whenever they managed to stay in a place long enough, they would try to include me at dinner. It's always an awkward moment because they would go on and on with my brother about what college wanted him to speak or what university wanted him to attend their prestigious school. Then there is a section at dinner where they go on about some new theory that was far out of my own depth.

Then, to add me into the conversation they would hand me a flyer about some sports team or another or mention something about a knitting club.

It's fine if anyone really liked or wanted to join these groups but.. just because I'm average, it's like they can't really understand me or maybe they have no idea what I liked- if they had ever bothered to ask.

Did I mention that they had my whole life planned out for me when I was born? Where I would go to school, where I would eventually go to work and maybe even potential husbands, I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case either, and here I am, the person who probably destroyed all their careful planning. At least that's how I think of it.

So, this is my life.

At least it was until my grandmother lose the ability to become a senshi anymore. She wasn't the first oner- Pluto took that place- but it was still a surprise when it happened to her. I guess it's because we all thought and believed that it wouldn't be her. That she would be the one to come up with some theory or way to keep it from happening to her. Afterwards, everyone thought that maybe my brother would inherit the power- even I did. He was the most qualified person for it and it wasn't unheard of for a guy to be a senshi- the past kings have been.

And to be honest, I had hoped it was him as well. Having lived in my family's prestigious shadow for so long, I found myself not wanting that life. I didn't want to be famous, or be a genius or have lectures to go to or anything like that. To be so busy that life would just past by without me noticing it at all. To be wrapped up in theories and just-

And hardly spend time with my family or anything like that.

I didn't want it.

However, we never get what we truly want at all, anyway.

It happened when I just turned eighteen only a day or so afterward and I had decided I wasn't going to try anymore. Unlike my grandmother or any of the other Guardians, I didn't get attacked by some supernatural beings, or was in a fight or anything like that. It happened when I lost my temper at school. See, I don't often get bullied but when it happens, it's always these same girls that were daughters of some political thing or another and they think that because I'm basically the black sheep of my family that it's ok to bother me. My brother is in an entirely different division so he doesn't know about the things I have to put up with here.

That day, they just took it too far.

I had worked so hard on my project for class- recreating a scene or something from history- and it was the first thing in a long time I was really proud of. I had asked for some help from Aunt Setsuna and Aunt Minako, to get some of the outfits right. I'm not a great hand at sewing but it was good. I felt that I would get full marks for once. For once in my school career since grade four, I would have something to be utterly proud about to show my parents and grandmother.

Then it happened; Tomiko and her little gang of followers decided that they were going to play and make fun of my project that I slaved over for hours on end for the past few weeks. They ripped one of the dresses on the doll under the pretext of 'admiring' it. The stage was ruined because they were 'clumsy' in reaching for something else! I don't care what the school report or even the news said! It was on purpose!

I have never been so mad in my entire life as I was then. Then they had the utter nerve to walk over to me, toss my doll at my feet and said 'Sorry' and I just-

It was amazing the power I felt that basically almost blinded me with the very feel of it. It was as if I wasn't this weak little Aoiko anymore, but someone stronger and so much more confident. Before I even knew it, the entire room was filled with ice and I was in this outfit I've would have never worn before. It was nothing like my grandmother's senshi fuku at all.

All I can remember after that was my grnadmother and brother showing up and how disappointed my brother looked and how happily surprised my grandmother was. The rest was a complete blur up until I woke up at home to the voices of my family downstairs.

Mother was bside herself, asking if the powers could be transferred to my brother instead. I huddled underneath the covers for a long time, just listening to them.

"Mother, you can't really leave this to Aoiko. I know she hasn't been up to par but this is too much!" My mother was saying to Grandmother. " This responsibility should've gone to Ichirou."

"You know as well as I that this can't be changed, Saiko, I do not understand why you can never accept things as they are." My grandmother told her, "For whatever reason, good or ill, Aoiko is the one and she will be sent to the Moon Kingdom for the completion of her training."

"But what about-"

"Saiko.." My father, for once he braves to speak to my mother, " If nothing can be done, then we must accept it. After all, you have been worrying over her future, so why not this?"

"Because-!"

I didn't hear any more than that because the door opened and my brother peeked in. I don't know what his expression was but he said nothing to me and closed the door after that.

Suddenly, my life is has changed radically and it wasn't until a week later that I moved to the Moon Kingdom and met the others that were there. This place, this life, I don't know if I will thrive here but I'll try my best to at least be a little bit worthy of the senshi fuku I wear to training. I just hope it is enough.

Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: BSSM-Sugar: Origins of a Senshi   BSSM-Sugar: Origins of a Senshi I_icon_minitime24th March 2013, 8:05 am

Oh~. I love this addition to your cache, Ktenshi. I can't wait to see how she interacts with the other senshi. ^^
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: BSSM-Sugar: Origins of a Senshi   BSSM-Sugar: Origins of a Senshi I_icon_minitime24th March 2013, 8:56 am

Thanks. n.n I'm working on the rest of them before I put them together later on.
Back to top Go down
ToriJ
Lotus Crystal

ToriJ

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: BSSM-Sugar: Origins of a Senshi   BSSM-Sugar: Origins of a Senshi I_icon_minitime11th April 2013, 2:31 pm

I greatly enjoyed both origin stories.
The end scene with Tyrella and her grandmother were especially tense, and I love the idea of a descendant of Ami not being a genius as one would expect. I genuinely felt bad for her when those bullies messed up her school project. I look forward to the other origin stories and how they all tie together.

And am I correct in assuming Diana gave Tyrella a "White Moon" business card? Because if so that is cool and I think someone should make a graphic out of it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Torijenova
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: BSSM-Sugar: Origins of a Senshi   BSSM-Sugar: Origins of a Senshi I_icon_minitime15th April 2013, 6:41 pm

These monologues are very engaging. You have a talent for developing the inner voice of your characters.
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: BSSM-Sugar: Origins of a Senshi   BSSM-Sugar: Origins of a Senshi I_icon_minitime20th April 2013, 9:38 am

Thanks n.n

@Tori- Yep, Diana gave her the business card. Like a good advisor..person. Though I imagine he'd be made out of colored crystals or something like that.

@Venus- I try. n.n;
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: BSSM-Sugar: Origins of a Senshi   BSSM-Sugar: Origins of a Senshi I_icon_minitime20th April 2013, 7:23 pm

BSSM Sugar:Beginnings of a Senshi
Lilith

My name is Lilith Hino, and I'm the granddaughter of Rei hino, who's really famous for being not only Sailor Mars, but because she has ESP and everyone looks to her for anything that deals with the supernatural stuff. She's always busy with meetings and purification of really difficult cases. My father was like that too, but when he died, my mother wanted to take me with her back to her home in Hawaii, but..

Well, grandma Rei didn't like that idea. I don't know everything because I was really little when it happened and my Mother was really mad at the time with Grandma that she took me anyway. Though, I only got to stay with my mother for a few months before she sent me back to Japan. It was really weird, she had this very angry and bitter look on her face when she did it. Since then, I haven't seen my mother in a long time. I wonder if I ever will...

But-But that doesn't mean I'm lonely or anything! I have plenty of friends at school. They trust me with everything and say I'm a great friend to them. I mean, sure Shiro and Miyuki always have me watch their stuff and claim a space for them at the food places. And, I feel really useful when they forget their wallets and stuff, so I don't mind paying for things. They're really good friends with me and always trusting me with their most important things!

Grandma Rei doesn't really like them much though...

She doesn't like much of what I do. I'm always feeding and playing with the animals when I should be cleaning or mediating, but I don't think I have the same gifts as she does. At least, I don't think so. Everyone at school always keep asking me to tell their fortunes and get really angry at me when I tell them I can't do it. I hate disappointing people, so I keep making things up to make them happy. I much rather make people happy than to see them sad. Grandma Rei gets really sad at times, mostly when it's my Father's birthday. We would do the usual ceremony and I would go to bed afterwards, but Grandma Rei would stay up all kinds of hours, talking to the Family. I mean, the pictures of Great-grandma- her mother, Great-great grandfather Hino, grandfather-my father's father- and then Father too.

Sometimes I wonder if she's really lonely and that's why she doesn't want my Mother to have me. Maybe I'm all she has left?

When I think of that, I don't know how to feel. I feel bad because she doesn't have anyone else but also good because I'm that special to her. It's weird, but I guess I'll just do my best to make her happy too.

I sometimes have to go to these balls that are thrown at the palace. It's so big, and I'm not really good at talking to others. They always ask me such strange questions and I'm not sure what they mean by them. I think the other girls know better- the ones that became a sailor senshi before I did. I always get so nervous around them, especially the Tyrella. She never seems to smile at all and Manami is always so poised and graceful. Even Aoiko is way more comfortable with this place than I am. At least, I feel better when I'm around the youngest princess. Princess Emmathne is the nicest person around and she makes me feel very welcomed every time I'm there. The King and Queen are nice too and Princess Taratheia has always been kind to me.

I feel fortunate for this, but I also feel very scared. I don't know if I can do this, because I don't want to be a Sailor soldier like the others. What If I fail them? What if I can't do the things they do so boldly? I just-

These thoughts are the ones I had when I transformed for the first time. I'm not entirely sure how it happened, but I was walking home from school that day instead of taking the limo like I normally do. I wanted to make something special for Grandma Rei because she seemed really down about something. I was thinking maybe I could make her some buns- meat buns or maybe some red bean buns with sugar on them or something like that. I'm only good for baking mostly so I think she'd like it.

That's when I saw it, this poor kitty in the road. It must've been hit once and was limping. I had to be careful, injured strays are more likely to attack now. I approached it carefully, talking quietly to it. It was really beautiful kitty- long hair orange and white with a curious marking on it's chest of a star- well really it's white fur. If I could just get it...

Well, at least it seemed to trust me enough to pet it, but picking it up was a different story. Unfortunately, I didn't know we didn't have that much time for that kind of trust when a truck is barreling towards us. I don't know why, but I froze, I couldn't think or anything and- It just enveloped me, this heat and protective feeling. When I opened my eyes, the truck had a huge dent in it, the cat was digging it's claws into my shoulder and.. I was different. I had gloves on and I wore heels. I don't ever wear heels!

I know when it was all over, the rush and excitement, grandma Rei was happy. Happy because now we have something in common. I don't want to disappoint her, but if it makes her happy that I train...

Oh..well.. At least the cat's ok. I got to keep him! His name's Seiki. I at least get to keep him when I moved to the Moon Kingdom with the others. Grandma Rei came along as well and she lives with us in a large penthouse int he wing dedicated for the Sailor Senshi. She has also volunteered to help teach us all about what we need to know.

I guess, even if I don't like being a Sailor senshi, I am happy that it's made Grandma Rei happy as well. She doesn't seem as lonely as before any more.
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: BSSM-Sugar: Origins of a Senshi   BSSM-Sugar: Origins of a Senshi I_icon_minitime25th April 2013, 4:09 pm

Manami

I have always been trained for this ever since I could hold a practice sword in my hand. There is as much expectation on me as there is the princess. That's why I am close to her, even if she doesn't notice me at all. Like her, I am to know everything about the past and to know everything about how the enemy - if there ever is one- could use emotional ties to hurt us. Even so, the ambiguity of what an 'enemy' is always seemingly defined as someone who upsets the Moon monarchy.

My mother before me was Neo Sailor Venus, she was the only one in her generations aside from Matsuki Meiou to transform into a Sailor senshi. That meant the expectations she would have on her were now shifted to me. Ever since she lost the ability to become Neo Sailor Venus, I had to step up to work harder than she had. Every morning, I wake up and train with her and the remaining team to strengthen myself. I do not attend school, but rather, I am tutored by Lady Mercury as she seems to have the time for me. Lady Uranus trained me mostly on speed and agility, something my mother was not goo at but I now excelled on.

I have lived on the moon ever since I can remember. I don't know what Earth is like much, other than accompanying the moon princess to her home there. I met her when she was nine and I was perhaps twelve at the time, appearance wise. Matsuki was already guarding the time gate by then, with Shion barely appearing in public at all. At the time, the old King and Queen, the founders of our world, had finally passed not so long ago. It's rather remarkable, if one thinks about how the Silver Crystal and now the Pink Moon Crystal, has affected our lives.

I pitied them, to be honest. They were old, tired, and it doesn't seem like they were long for this world anyway. That's probably why many think Shion was a strange thing. The king was already so old...

But that doesn't matter much. My concern is only for the princess. Yes, Princess Taratheia will be queen some day and already I can see the strain of this is getting to her. I know I'm not supposed to lie to the Queen but there are times when I think that the Queen is too harsh with the princess. I try not to do it often but then...

My mother told me once that the princesses from Venus always had a special connection to the moon princesses ever since the beginning of their alliance. I often wondered if those from Venus are related to the moon people but have never asked anyone if my private theories were true or not. Maybe because I'm afraid of being wrong and having such a nice theory desotryed with reality. Sometimes I beleive that is so of my grandmother, the original Sailor Venus.

She's a kind woman, but she doesn't speak much at all anymore. Ever since Lord Artemis and Lady Luna died a while back, my grandmother has been mostly silent, sometimes she sings quietly to herself. Those are the times when I worry that she will be going soon too. My mother often told me that I should be proud of my heritage- my grandmother was the first active Sailor Soldier. Going on by herself when the Dark Kingdom first appeared.

And I am. I really am but I also think that maybe with the deaths of artemis and Luna and then the founders, it might have been too much for her. Maybe that's why she sings to herself like this, or why she seems to have Alzheimer's sometimes, even if such a thing does not exist any more, she has all the symptoms of it. I'm not entirely sure what to think with that at all to be honest.

Sometimes I find myself dreading her company...

When I first transformed, I was a young girl of eleven, almost twelve but not quite. My powers were not an accidental awakening but of one that was very intentional. I was desperate to please my mother- to please everyone- that I pushed myself to do it. From the time I was old enough to have such thoughts, I prayed at the Prayer room for it to happen. For the Moon or anyone, to grant me the power to become Sailor Venus. Everyday, I wanted to become the new Sailor venus, if only so my mother will..

It doesn't matter. None of it does because when I did finally, transform, I was not Sailor Venus. The word did not apply to me. I was Sailor Cytherea. Cytherea! Not Venus, like my mother or grandmother! Cytherea was nothing! It was nothing more than another way of saying 'Aphrodite'. I couldn't believe it. I, Aino, Manami, was the daughter of women who became Sailor Venus. I am not Matsuki! I.. I cannot be content with not being called Sailor Venus. Venus-sama, Lady Venus- that should be my rightful title!

After so many years of trying and trying so hard to be what my mother- no what even my grandmother had been and now I know I will never be good enough to be 'Sailor Venus'.

I am only Sailor Cytherea.

Cytherea is another word for Aphrodite.

I will always never be good enough to be called such.

And yet...

The princess, Taratheia, she thought I was wonderful. She had told me so herself when we met all those years ago when she first moved here to the Moon Kingdom to live. I remember her being happy to meet someone like me who was closer in age to her than the others. That she thought I was pretty and really smart. She even said I was wise.

Me, wise? It was unbelievable. Yet the twelve year old me wanted it to be true. Even if I wasn't Sailor Venus, my princess had thought highly of me. It did make me feel so much better about myself. Once, she had confided in me that she prefers my name better than being Sailor Venus because it was easier to tell us apart. She doesn't say it much now, but I know she means it.

That's why now, I want to do my best as Sailor Cytherea. Even if I'm not Sailor Venus, I can make sure my name will be like that of my mother's and grandmother's. Immortal, rememberable. Perhaps, it will be even greater than theirs. If my princess believes in me, than there is nothing that can stand in my way.

I am Aino, Manami.

I'm a daughter of Venus, the Sailor Suited warrior, Sailor Cytherea- promised to protect the Moon Princess from all things that would want to harm her. In the name of Venus, my mother star, I will defeat all that stand in my way.
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: BSSM-Sugar: Origins of a Senshi   BSSM-Sugar: Origins of a Senshi I_icon_minitime19th May 2013, 10:22 am

Beginnings of a Senshi

Pavonia

Ever since I was small, I have always lived with my grandmother. I don't really remember my mother if at all, but we have a picture of her next to grandfather and my great-grandparents. My father.. I feel like I am beginning to forget what he looks like as well. I mean, we do have video chats now and then but it's few and far between. Even in this day and age, it's still hard to get a signal from where he's often working in the field. Sometimes he manages to send things- butterflies to me.

I do like them, the butterflies I mean. They are rather interesting and who knew that butterflies ate blood and such too?

Well, I'm getting a little distracted.

How I became a Sailor senshi.. to be honest, I have not yet. It's strange to be the one on the team yet not part of it. I, like Manami, was trained mostly in hand to hand combat and how to use other weapons. I suppose they don't want me to be weak in anyway or most likely to awaken as Sailor Saturn. From what I can tell, they believed that if I was stronger physically and mentally, there would be no need for Saturn to awaken.

Even after all these years, they still fear her, though she's done nothing but what she had to for the crown. I don't understand it! It's frustrating to know that no matter what I do, they'll see her and they'll see the potential for everyone's deaths and worlds ending and-

I'm so tired of that perception. I wondered if my mother had felt the same and couldn't live with it any more?

I'm sorry, I lied. I remember her. My mother. But it's small glimpses and flashes of memories from when I was so small. She was always always staring off somewhere we can't see. So far away... Yet she always seemed to come alive when there were butterflies.

Even my name is derived from a species of butterflies. I guess that's what attracted her to my father. He studies all manner of insects but particularly butterflies, moths and spiders.

But even for the love of us, for butterflies- my mother didn't stay long. I don't know what happened to her. I don't know what happened to us all.

My Grandmother tries hard, but there are times when she also stares off into nothing and I can't ever figure out what she's looking at. What does she see out there? Who knows? It's just so far removed from where I am.

I'm frustrated.

To everyone else, I'm a nice girl, quiet girl, that doesn't do anything but what she's told and that could potentially destroy everything...

There is just no winning in this.

Why do I even try?

I only hope I don't become Sailor Saturn. I don't awaken to that symbol- maybe then people will treat me like anyone else.

Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: BSSM-Sugar: Origins of a Senshi   BSSM-Sugar: Origins of a Senshi I_icon_minitime28th July 2013, 10:36 am

BSSM Sugar: Beginnings of a Sailor Senshi
Suiren and Tsubaki

We became Sailor Senshi in the most traditional way- didn't we, Tsubaki?

Yeah, it was kinda weird to be honest, but our grandma's said it was important for the Guaridans of the outer ring to assemble first- even though Matsuki was already a senshi by the time she was our age.

True, it was pretty peaceful to be honest and we never thought for one second that we would ever be needed. However...

...I still remember it too, Suiren.  It was terrifying. They lead us separately to these castles that we've only heard of. Grandma Michiru took me with her to this castle and it was so beautiful. She said there would be a test and I...I..

It's alright Tsubaki, it was the same for me too.  Grandpa Haruka took me to hers and..I guess..

We both failed! It was horrible! I have never seen them so disappointed in my life. Even when I failed that quiz in science class,  Grandma Michiru just .. She just looked so sad and disappointed that neither of us passed.  It was so..horrible.

But.. we didn't give up, did we Tsubaki?

No. We didn't. We decided for ourselves what we should really do. So I went to Grandpa Haruka's castle instead of Grandma Michiru's.  I felt more comfortable there and it was so amazing!  It was as if everything felt.. felt right.  I wasn't drowning but flying.  The test was-

Tsubaki! We're not allowed to say what the test was about.

Oh, ha, sorry Suiren.

Anyway, it's like Tsubaki said.  At Grandma Michiru's castle, everything felt like I belonged there. The waters didn't suffocate me. I didn't feel as if I was lost or out of control. Instead it felt like I was home in the endless sea.  That's when it happened.  This Mirror appeared to me. It said that I would be it's new mistress. That eventually I would know all it's secrets.

That's what happened with me and the Space Sword too. Like Suiren, the tailsman appeared to me and said I would be it's new mistress. It would lend its power to me. That it will measure my worth with each new battle. 

that scares me though.  I don't know about Tsubaki, but the idea of fighting for our lives...

Hm, true.  I don't know. It sounds like we could do some real good. Besides, we won't be alone, Suiren.

But I wonder if it will be enough? Can we live up to their expectations?

We can, and we'll surpass them- you'll see! we just have to train hard and believe in it. One day, we'll be better known than anyone else!

I hope that's true. 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BSSM-Sugar: Origins of a Senshi   BSSM-Sugar: Origins of a Senshi I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BSSM-Sugar: Origins of a Senshi

View previous topic View next topic Back to top