The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Which is Your Favourite Version?
Manga
POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap43%POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 43% [ 34 ]
Anime
POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap29%POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 23 ]
Musical
POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap11%POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 9 ]
Live-Action
POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap17%POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 80

AuthorMessage
Nyanko
Star Seed

Nyanko

Star Seed

Title : Sailor Mau

POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th May 2013, 7:06 pm

Can I get on the PGSM train with you guys...? ^_^
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th May 2013, 7:17 pm

Nyanko wrote:
Can I get on the PGSM train with you guys...? ^_^

Yeeeeessss
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's official NaoUranus/myuteer

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th May 2013, 9:42 pm

you guys can have your PGSM train I'm starting a Sera Myu Train POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 473108418
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th May 2013, 10:28 pm

Ari-chan wrote:
you guys can have your PGSM train I'm starting a Sera Myu Train POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 473108418

Choo Choo here comes the Myu train! POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 3884866259
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th May 2013, 10:37 pm

Small Lady wrote:
Ari-chan wrote:

Choo Choo here comes the Myu train! POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 3884866259

That's fine. More Reinako for me and more hot Mamoru for Mi (and myself Wink)

Not to mention character development. Lovely character development.

Last edited by Sailor Mars on 9th May 2013, 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th May 2013, 10:41 pm

Myu has hot Mamoru too. Have you SEEN Yuu Shirota?

POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 868414ebf25f4a0850d98c21852823b61228904162_full
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th May 2013, 10:46 pm

POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 Tux-yuuta01
POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 Tux-yuuta201
I liked the Yuuta's well I also liked Yuu though
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th May 2013, 10:49 pm

Have YOU seen Jouji Shibue? NONE of those compare to THIS Mamo/Tuxedo Mask. >.>

POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 Tumblr_mdxiee5jKz1rlhu3ko1_500

POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 Mamorupf8

POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 Tumblr_mi8eoarfHU1r41zs9o1_500

POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 2570116496
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th May 2013, 10:53 pm

Oh yes, but see I prefer Yuuta as Count Dracul.

POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 Yuuta5

I wish I could find a better picture.

AND NOW ALL THE OFF TOPIC NESS. *bats self on the head* POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 1948543417

Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th May 2013, 11:01 pm

he aint bad but quit a few Myu tux's win well out of the myu tux's I've seen not to mention we get this

POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 Nao-ldss11
POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 Tumblr_m68bz7aH4P1r83pumo2_1280
Seriously the two best looking women to ever play senshi were in Myu and yea dracul Yuutah and Vampiru Hikari POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 3150097195 POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 3120693907

POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 Other-hikari11
POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 Other-yuuta04
sorry dracul wasn't showing up for me so I posted my own POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 1955989781
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th May 2013, 11:03 pm

Just wanted to let you know, Brit and I were being bad and just messing around. Wink
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th May 2013, 11:03 pm

Oh yay! that was the picture i was looking for of him.

*shoves us back on topic though xD*
Back to top Go down
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime9th May 2013, 11:04 pm

I know *never passes a chance to shove Nao in someones face though*
Back to top Go down
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

Title : That girl with a Sailor Jupiter tattoo =)

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th May 2013, 6:43 am

LOL

SHIBBY-KUN!

YUUTA!

I don't find Shirota Yuu all that much, you know? I think he's overrated. Maybe it's because here in Brazil I find guys who are very similar-looking to him.

anyway, OFF WITH THE OFFTOPICNESS
Back to top Go down
http://www.soulgeek.com.br https://www.youtube.com/user/mimakoto
Light
Roleplaying Moderator

Light

Roleplaying Moderator

Title : GC's Official Saphir

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime10th May 2013, 6:45 am

Anime for me. Especially the Classic season.
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

Tsuki-love♥

RP Admin  Neptune Emeritus

Title : Myuteer ~ GC's official Harumichitic

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th May 2013, 5:29 pm

Small Lady wrote:
Ari-chan wrote:

I'll hop on that train ^.^

By the way, for you all who want to start a discussion about the actors and actresses, click here
Back to top Go down
http://ladiesfighter.tumblr.com/ http://tsuki-no-kagayaki.deviantart.com/
yukine
Lotus Crystal

yukine

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime18th May 2013, 1:36 pm

Manga, definitely <3
I may change my opinion after watching PGSM and the musicals, but until then, my favorite has to be that one POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 1955989781 The character development, the story and the art are just great!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Candy
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Candy

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : small angsty fangirl

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime18th May 2013, 1:58 pm

I'm on the manga train because the pictures are so pretty POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 3150097195

I think it has the best story line also but I've never seen PGSM and i've seen part of a musical

I mean look at this: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 Q017

That was so brilliant and romantic and one of the best parts in my opinion.

Oh yeah and Usagi is freaking gorgeous!

POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 Fnew_folder.079
Back to top Go down
http://somethingprecocious.tumblr.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th May 2013, 12:19 am

I was very much a manga person, because of the story and how beautiful the art is, but after watching PGSM and the musicals, it actually got bumped down a few notches. xD So be prepared!
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

Tsuki-love♥

RP Admin  Neptune Emeritus

Title : Myuteer ~ GC's official Harumichitic

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th May 2013, 12:38 am

Small Lady wrote:
I was very much a manga person, because of the story and how beautiful the art is, but after watching PGSM and the musicals, it actually got bumped down a few notches. xD So be prepared!

It was actually quite the same for me on the SeraMyu part Smile . I adore Naoko's art, her work is simply gorgeous, but so is the music in SeraMyus, in my opinion. And I love the original stories Myus had, Dracul saga and Kaguya musicals are a very big and great part of the Serayu world. Regardless, manga will be my second favorite version.

I actually also think that the anime which seems to be many fan's least favorite, had some absolutely wonderful character development, especially when we speak about the villains or earlier present time history of many characters. Par example Haruka and Michiru's early history got at least one episode and compared to the manga, I personally mostly prefer other versions' villains and their stories. Queen Nehelenia's background story, Amazon Trio's and Ayakashi Sisters' character development were something I really did like and Black Lady Myus made an extremely good work on Saphir and Demando's characters.

All in all, every version has its good and less good parts and I am truly grateful that we have so many different version to enjoy about Smile .
Back to top Go down
http://ladiesfighter.tumblr.com/ http://tsuki-no-kagayaki.deviantart.com/
NaoUranus
Lotus Crystal

NaoUranus

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th May 2013, 12:42 am

wow so I guess I'm the odd man out since before Myu the anime was my favorite and than I found Myu and PGSM. I kind of found the manga last so at this moment my favorite is still the Myu's but I'll find out if that changes after I finish the manga though I doubt it will change
Back to top Go down
SailorCardKnight
Star Seed

SailorCardKnight

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime22nd May 2013, 12:39 am

I have yet to see the musicals or live-action series. I used to be very much a manga purist until I recently started rereading it due to the rerelease/rewatching the anime for the first time in years, especially after reading/watching so many other series since then. So now looking back I realize that the manga has its flaws too, and the anime still holds up, and is actually good in its own way.

Watching/reading other crappy anime/manga really helps you better appreciate the good stuff. Lol!

So while my opinion on the anime has changed for the better, the manga version remains my favorite. It just has the better execution and doesn't have all that additional padding that bogs down the story.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27th June 2016, 11:30 am

This may be two years old but I think its time to bring this back to see what all the current members favorite version is!!
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27th June 2016, 12:19 pm

I'd have to say manga/sailor moon crystal. The main reason being that while she was scared and had flaws, she never let any of that stop her and still fought on. You could argue that Usagi in the 90s anime did the same, but the way she acted in the Stars arc, simply crying and refusing to fight after the inners died as the starlights took blow after blow to protect her is what sealed the deal for me. This doesn't mean I hate the other versions of usagi, but I just like the way she's portrayed in the manga/crystal anime better.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Artemis
Inner Senshi Admin
Member Support Director

Artemis

Inner Senshi AdminMember Support Director

Title : Formerly Sailor Gallifrey // "Professional" Bassoon Player ♡

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27th June 2016, 12:25 pm

This was a really hard choice! But, even though I adore the manga and always will, Sera Myu is my all time favorite version of Sailor Moon ♡ I love how all the different plotlines show all the different versions of Sailor Moon--for example, the recent musicals are based more off the manga, while others are completely original storylines! 

And not to mention the music, which is my favorite part Very Happy The music from the older musicals is absolutely amazing, and while the music from the newer musicals hasn't impressed me as much as the older ones, there are definitely songs that I like a lot and I can tell there was still a lot of effort put into them and the musical as a whole. The musicals combined my two favorite things, Sailor Moon and music, and they did it well. I can't wait for the new musical coming out this fall! 
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonadventures.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27th June 2016, 12:31 pm

Cosmos-Hime wrote:
I'd have to say manga/sailor moon crystal. The main reason being that while she was scared and had flaws, she never let any of that stop her and still fought on. You could argue that Usagi in the 90s anime did the same, but the way she acted in the Stars arc, simply crying and refusing to fight after the inners died as the starlights took blow after blow to protect her is what sealed the deal for me. This doesn't mean I hate the other versions of usagi, but I just like the way she's portrayed in the manga/crystal anime better.

This was meant for which version of the series, not just Usagi the character. Razz

@Gallifrey, HELLO YES I'M KEEPING YOU IN MY POCKET FOREVER AND EVER. BEST ANSWER.
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27th June 2016, 12:38 pm

Ohhhh I thought it was talking about sailor moon the character, not sailor moon-the-title-of-the-franchise lol. I still stand by my decision though. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Lavender
Lotus Crystal

Lavender

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC’s Official Setsuna Meioh/Sailor Pluto

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27th June 2016, 1:19 pm

The 90's anime, of course. I find it pretty well done and it portrays my favorite versions of most characters. Some think it's immature at times, but I just find it more extravagant than the other versions, which makes it more compelling to me. Also, the characters' development is pretty good, by the end of the series all the characters had a good balance between maturity and their youthfulness, unlike the beloved manga. Also you get to know them much more thoroughly since most characters appear more and are portrayed in many different events. And cause it's a very charming and elegant series, of course. PGSM though is also another favorite of mine, being a more serious and very well executed version of Sailor Moon, so it may take second favorite place for now, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
magic713
Lotus Crystal

magic713

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lord of SM Wiki

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime27th June 2016, 1:56 pm

I'm a manga version person. It felt like the main characters actually developed as people throughout the entire series, instead of getting a reset of the development at the end of the arc. I also like the backstories from the manga as well. True, many interesting concepts are somewhat isolated in each arc, but the overall character growth seems to pass onwards from each arc.
Back to top Go down
https://magic713m.tumblr.com/ http://magic713.deviantart.com/
Chmia
Lotus Crystal

Chmia

Lotus Crystal

Title : Leg Lamp Power, Make Up!

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime28th June 2016, 6:08 pm

I just have to vote for the live-action television show. The manga does have a special place in my heart, but I love so many more elements of the live-action television show. Omg, Kamekichi. 

And, particularly, I like how the characters were developed within the live-action television show. The other version did have character development, but, in this case, I like who they developed into more within the live-action then the other versions. And Reinako 4 life
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?   POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

POLL: Favourite Version of Sailor Moon?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top