The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

[Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Which one do you think is the better couple?
Demando/Serenity
[Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir I_vote_lcap42%[Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir I_vote_rcap
 42% [ 8 ]
Demando/Saphir
[Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir I_vote_lcap58%[Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir I_vote_rcap
 58% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage
EurAsianGirl
Star Seed

EurAsianGirl

Star Seed

[Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir Empty
PostSubject: [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir   [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir I_icon_minitime15th February 2013, 4:46 pm

Soo because I'm bored I decided to make my own little couple debate and seeing as how there's already one for Usagi/Mamoru vs Usagi/Seiya I decided to make one regarding one of my favorite couples lol.

I may make one for Venus/Kunzite vs Venus/Mars, Venus/Artemis vs Luna/Artemis, Chibiusa/Hotaru vs Chibiusa/Helios or Haruka/Michiru vs Haruka/Usagi

But for now I'm doing this one, if only because stumbling upon some Demando/Saphir fanart put me in the mood to debate.

So, which ones do you guys prefer? Or do you dislike both?
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir   [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir I_icon_minitime15th February 2013, 4:48 pm

I dislike both personally but I'm not that irritated by these particular ships I can see them as a possibility XD I like my canon so I ship Esmeraude x. Demand one-way and Demand x. Serenity one-way only.
Back to top Go down
Miss Tricks
Lotus Crystal

Miss Tricks

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of Clouds

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir   [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir I_icon_minitime15th February 2013, 4:52 pm

URK. I dislike both, for different reasons.

Demando/Serenity: I can't get behind any pairing wherein half the plot is deliberate homewrecking.
Demando/Saphir: While I know that some people believe that Saphir and Demando weren't *real* brothers, in my head-canon they are blood brothers... and incest ain't my sort of thing either.
Back to top Go down
http://miss-tricks.tumblr.com/
Koanko
Pyramidal Crystal

Koanko

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Golden Queen of Shadow Galatica

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir   [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir I_icon_minitime15th February 2013, 5:06 pm

Well, I dislike Demando/Serenity and I like Demando/Saphir, so I think my choice is obvious. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of the darkside of the moon

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir   [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir I_icon_minitime15th February 2013, 5:11 pm

Personally, I'm more in favor of Demando/Saphir more so in how Saphir acted (especially in the comics. Like an annoyed/jealous lover.) That and I found Demando extremely creepy when it comes to Serenity.

Back to top Go down
Koanko
Pyramidal Crystal

Koanko

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir   [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir I_icon_minitime15th February 2013, 5:18 pm

Yeah, I just can't really get into Demando/Serenity myself, since it basically seemed like he was going to force himself onto her. >.<

And you make an excellent point, Ktenshi. Saphir does kind of act like a jealous lover. XD
Back to top Go down
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir   [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir I_icon_minitime15th February 2013, 6:00 pm

Seriously, the manga made me think about it because of how jealous Saphir acted about his brother's lust/crush on Serenity- to the point of trying to let her past self go so she'd be out of sight and hopefully out of mind.

Yeah.. I don't get the appeal much myself about the situation where she clearly doesn't want to which leads to some very unfortunate implications. Even the Anime, which makes Demando look heroic, doesn't ease this at all since he tried to force a kiss on her.

So yeah, I don't get it- in my stories I prefer consent on both sides, not a one-sided pursuit to just keep dogging the person until they just give in so the other would leave them alone. (that always bothers me..)
Back to top Go down
Crystalsetsuna
Lotus Crystal

Crystalsetsuna

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Crazy Beardie Lady. Official GC Princess Serenity

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir   [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir I_icon_minitime15th February 2013, 6:45 pm

i prefer Usagi/Demando...just cause i'm weird, and it has the potential for some seriously messed up family scenarios and stuff.^^ and plus....white haired kids!!
Back to top Go down
http://dragcave.net/user/Crystalsetsuna http://crystalsetsuna.deviantart.com/
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir   [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir I_icon_minitime16th February 2013, 1:47 am

(Sorry, this is a bit ranty... xD I mean no offense )

I often say that I like to explore tons and tons of different couples in the Sailor Moon universe, but Demando/Serenity (or Demando/Usagi) is one I can *not* stand at all. It makes me cringe. it's probably the only pairing that I actively hate.

I just can not understand how anyone could think of them being together. I don't understand how anyone could *want* them to be together. (Sorry!) The only way I can see it working is if Demando was able to use his magic-y-ness to keep Serenity or Usagi under his spell for a long period of time. But I mean, he forces himself on her and would continue to force himself on her in order to get what he wants, without regard at all about anything else. He doesn't care about who Serenity is or how she acts besides the fact that she is beautiful and she is powerful and he wants her. And to get what he wants, he will force himself on her regardless. And, to me, that is unforgivable.

As for Demando/Saphir, I like the pairing because I love the little hints of jealousy that Saphir displays throughout the arc, and Demando actually shows a little bit of soft affection towards Saphir as well, which I think is a interesting trait for a character who doesn't seem to do that for anyone else, and who never seems to give a second thought of actually concern or caring for anyone other character.

So... yeah... xD [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir 2632955583
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Princess Hyperia
Star Seed

Princess Hyperia

Star Seed

Title : Princess of the New Moon

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir   [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir I_icon_minitime16th February 2013, 3:19 am

I don't think either is a good couple. Dimande pretty much just wanted to force himself on Usagi; his wishes were childish, he idolised her, and had no care about who she really was or what she wanted.

But I don't see Saphir as being a romantic candidate. People seem to think that just because Saphir cared deeply for his kin, there was romantic love there. I think that just downplays the importance and majesty of true brotherly love, which Dimande and Saphir are such a good example of.

Also, I can't help feeling like if Dimande had ever had lust for Saphir, he'd have just been a jerk to him, too. Dimande was an emotionally stunted jerk. I love him, but he was. At least so far as the anime is concerned, I haven't read that far in the manga yet.
Back to top Go down
Boromonokli
Pyramidal Crystal

Boromonokli

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Fallen Paladin

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir   [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir I_icon_minitime16th February 2013, 7:29 am

All right. The homicidal rage is over.
Personally, I'd rather see him with a washing machine.
... edit:
Princess Hyperia wrote:
I don't think either is a good couple. Dimande pretty much just wanted to force himself on Usagi; his wishes were childish, he idolised her, and had no care about who she really was or what she wanted.

But I don't see Saphir as being a romantic candidate. People seem to think that just because Saphir cared deeply for his kin, there was romantic love there. I think that just downplays the importance and majesty of true brotherly love, which Dimande and Saphir are such a good example of.

Also, I can't help feeling like if Dimande had ever had lust for Saphir, he'd have just been a jerk to him, too. Dimande was an emotionally stunted jerk. I love him, but he was. At least so far as the anime is concerned, I haven't read that far in the manga yet.

^This, a thousand times and more. Diamond/Serenity made no sense at all, for him to want her, I mean she practically banished him and his clan to a death world. He was supposed to capture her, hang her, quarter her, and hang the quarters from the highest towers of Crystal Tokyo.
I see Diamond as a man verging on the last vestiges of his sanity, who didn't know what he was doing. And yes, Sapphire did give a damn because they were brothers, and they've been in the deep end for quite some time, not because there's any kind of romantic relationships between the two.
I see it common to mistake this kind of bond, and the bonds forged in war to romantic relationships, (this is why I see frodo/sam ships in LoTR, or Legolas/Gimli. People are truly stupid.) which is wrong. Cut it out people.
Back to top Go down
http://monokli.oszto
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir   [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir I_icon_minitime16th February 2013, 8:16 am

Um, we don't know if they are blood brothers.

A clan doesn't signify that everyone is related.

You can call someone 'brother' or 'sister' if you're close to them

And yes, Demando was insane in the manga as he basically disregarded Sailor Moon and everything after Saphir became a puppet to wiseman and Black Lady.

And, even if we don't care for ships- they exist. People do it and they can ship whatever they like. It's not a new thing.
Back to top Go down
Koanko
Pyramidal Crystal

Koanko

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir   [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir I_icon_minitime16th February 2013, 3:50 pm

Boromonokli wrote:
...I see it common to mistake this kind of bond, and the bonds forged in war to romantic relationships, (this is why I see frodo/sam ships in LoTR, or Legolas/Gimli. People are truly stupid.) which is wrong. Cut it out people.
What?

Did I just read this correctly?

Did you seriously just call people stupid over something they ship?!

I'm sorry, but that is just an awful thing to do. I don't care if you dislike a ship, but shipping is just pure old fun. And by calling someone stupid for what they ship, your pretty much raining on their parade. I mean, I don't ship Demando/Serenity, but do you see me calling those who do idiots? No (and I certainly do not think such a thing), because I can see why they may like it, and that it brings them enjoyment. But seriously, calling someone stupid over something they ship is just incredibly childish, and just a bad thing to do. I apologize if I come off as rude, but this just irritates me. >.<
Back to top Go down
Crystalsetsuna
Lotus Crystal

Crystalsetsuna

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir   [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir I_icon_minitime16th February 2013, 8:48 pm

i'm an idiot!!! yay for Demando/Usagi crazy relationship!!! [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir 190603310

(trying to lighten the mood. XD)
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir   [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir I_icon_minitime16th February 2013, 9:08 pm

Aw guys. Don't get heated or anything, mmk? ^^ and please, do not call anyone stupid for their ships. It's okay to disagree and whatnot, but let's not go there. Everyone is entitled to ship and who they ship, or not ship.

Keep in mind, we're discussing fictional characters. So honestly, shipping in general is itself, kind of silly. I can be a hardcore shipper myself and I readily admit this Wink

No bashing each other or each other's ships. <3
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir   [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir I_icon_minitime25th February 2013, 6:01 pm

Lady Tuxedo wrote:
Aw guys. Don't get heated or anything, mmk? ^^ and please, do not call anyone stupid for their ships. It's okay to disagree and whatnot, but let's not go there. Everyone is entitled to ship and who they ship, or not ship.

Keep in mind, we're discussing fictional characters. So honestly, shipping in general is itself, kind of silly. I can be a hardcore shipper myself and I readily admit this Wink

No bashing each other or each other's ships. <3

Thank you. Smile Everyone, please be respectful of your Mod. and respectful of each other's opinions.
Admin. Sailor Jupiter
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Boromonokli
Pyramidal Crystal

Boromonokli

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Fallen Paladin

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir   [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir I_icon_minitime26th February 2013, 4:56 am

Okay. I'm all for Diamond/Emerald. But then, the prince's probably crazy, so maybe get Usagi involved? Think he can handle two women? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://monokli.oszto
Sailor Lily
Lotus Crystal

Sailor Lily

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir   [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir I_icon_minitime14th June 2014, 10:13 am

I always thought of Diamond as a creepy stalker towards Serenity.

These are Diamond's thoughts on Saphir and Petz.

My thoughts exactly!!!
Back to top Go down
Crystalsetsuna
Lotus Crystal

Crystalsetsuna

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir   [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir I_icon_minitime14th June 2014, 11:12 am

i know i already said i really liked Usagi/Demando...just felt i should clarify my little bit. i usually pair them together but usually it is not happy. i'm not one to deny that Demando is terrible for Usagi and they shouldn't be together...but then unhappy situations can be the ones that most hit people emotionally in literature, so i indulge in the pairing for some messed up possibly evil kids.

and i could rather enjoy Demando/saphire...thought it was a one choice but i rather like both. i actually kinda prefer to think of them as blood brothers because whoot, incest that isn't real is so fuuuun!!....also, provides a fantastic opportunity for mpreg!

on a side note, i would like to say that i had two situations outside of this in a way...in one, i have an AU where Usagi is obsessed with white hair and ends up making Demando part of a harem of white haired men. XD and in a seperate, while Demando keeps Usagi when he kidnaps her, she actually ends up hooking up with his brother and having his baby instead of Demando's...so...yeah.^^
Back to top Go down
BleuEyedBrunette
Star Seed

BleuEyedBrunette

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir   [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir I_icon_minitime12th July 2014, 8:16 pm

Eh, I have a hard time with Demando and Usagi. When he kidnaps her, and then when he grabs her cheek and tilts her head... it just set off my creep meter. (no offense to those that like them, just my own thoughts)

I always thought of Demando and Saphir as literal brothers, so I couldn't really see them as a couple. If they weren't related though... that one scene where Demando brushes Saphir's hair out of his face...

So in conclusion I can't pick. lol.
Back to top Go down
SayakaSakura
Pyramidal Crystal

SayakaSakura

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Puella Magi|Alicorn Princess (also Demande's official fangirl <3)

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir   [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir I_icon_minitime6th November 2014, 3:28 am

Demande/Serenity.Why? BECAUSE I'M CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok,let me explain.Yes,i will admit kidnapping her,redressing her and seduce is beyond creepy. But remember, Wiseman was manipulating all of the Black Moon Clan and Demande was hit the hardest. It could have been Wiseman's evil influence stuffing up his mind and that's why he kidnapped her and seduced her.

And also,i read alot of fanfictions about it and i really like the potential for silver haired Chibiusa and blonde/silver haired Kousagi.

As for my thoughts on Demande/Saphir,i don't do incest.While it is never specified whether their blood related,i've always took them as literal brothers (If i ever met Naoko Takeuchi that would be one of the questions i would ask her)

So those are my thoughts on both ships.Also,i just want to say:WHY do people call Demande a rapist? He never raped Usagi.That was just a fanfiction.

Last edited by SailorKittyElyon on 5th April 2015, 9:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://caramelstarstriker.tumblr.com/ http://sailorcerise.deviantart.com/ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_llIfTH6pgwTxd68vKRzPw
mangaka-chan
Lotus Crystal

mangaka-chan

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Helios/Chibi Usa shipper

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir   [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir I_icon_minitime9th November 2014, 2:42 pm

I don't like either. Diamond's obsessive creepiness towards Usagi and that forced kiss makes me shutter. I also don't see Diamond and Sapphire's relationship in a romantic sense. If anything, I ship Sapphire and Petz more than anything else.
Back to top Go down
http://mangakachan.tumblr.com/ http://mangaka-chan.deviantart.com/
Sailor Leona
Star Seed

Sailor Leona

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir   [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir I_icon_minitime13th November 2014, 8:38 pm

Not a fan of either, but if I were to pick it would be Demando and Serenity.  He has feeling for her, even if they are incredibly misguided.  Unless there's something in the Manga I don't know about due to having not read that far yet, there is absolutely NOTHING to suggest Demando and Saphir have any interest in each other that way.  I've always assumed they were brothers, which makes their pairing that much creepier, but even if they aren't blood relations I've just never noticed signs that either would be interested in the other that way.  It also just really bugs me when people put characters into relationships that don't fit the characters' given sexuality.
Back to top Go down
EurAsianGirl
Star Seed

EurAsianGirl

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir   [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir I_icon_minitime15th November 2014, 6:47 pm

Sailor Leona wrote:
Not a fan of either, but if I were to pick it would be Demando and Serenity.  He has feeling for her, even if they are incredibly misguided.  Unless there's something in the Manga I don't know about due to having not read that far yet, there is absolutely NOTHING to suggest Demando and Saphir have any interest in each other that way.  I've always assumed they were brothers, which makes their pairing that much creepier, but even if they aren't blood relations I've just never noticed signs that either would be interested in the other that way.  It also just really bugs me when people put characters into relationships that don't fit the characters' given sexuality.
Wow can't believe this old thread got revived... [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir 2462981697 But um anyways, I was obviously only talking about the old 90's anime version of Demando/Saphir, specifically the Japanese version where there are little hints of feelings between them, particularly on Saphir's side. Where the manga's concerned you're right, there's pretty much nothing there but this isn't talking about the manga, its only the anime and old musical versions. Should've made that clearer in the OP, sorry about that!^^;
Back to top Go down
Cosmos-Hime

Cosmos-Hime

Title : ミ☆ GC's official Sailor Cosmos! ミ☆

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir   [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir I_icon_minitime15th November 2014, 7:09 pm

I'd ship the two brothers together before diamond and serenity anyday. Diamond's twisted view on "owning" her is just way too messed up. His brother can at least best him and get a word in edgewise.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoonfan224.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir   [Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Debate] Demando/Serenity vs Demando/Saphir

View previous topic View next topic Back to top