The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

[SPOILER] SuperS Age Switch Problem!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Dead Moon Queen ❤

[SPOILER] SuperS Age Switch Problem! Empty
PostSubject: [SPOILER] SuperS Age Switch Problem!   [SPOILER] SuperS Age Switch Problem! I_icon_minitime5th February 2013, 10:36 am

This has bothered me for quite some time now in the SuperS Season. It's when PallaPalla decides to switch the ages between ChibiUsa and Usagi. When she switches them, ChibiUsa looks NOTHING like Wicked Lady at all. She honestly looks like an awkward fetish anime doll version of her childhood self. The reason why it's such a problem with me because in the manga when it does happen, everyone gets freaked out when they see her because they thought Wicked Lady returned.

What are your thoughts on this?

P.S. I really hope the new anime does it like it's supposed to in the manga for this scene.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] SuperS Age Switch Problem!   [SPOILER] SuperS Age Switch Problem! I_icon_minitime5th February 2013, 10:41 am

I didn't have a problem with it exactly, but she was overly sexualized I feel, which is really kind of weird and awkward. I do love the manga version better 100% <3

But I also *love* this scene simply because it's how I imagine Chibiusa's hair to be when she is older, rather than long and thin like Usagi's. I wish Chibiusa's hair officially looked like that instead of being an exact match of Usagi's (like everything else.. xD)

But yeah, they should have toned it down a little bit for that scene, and I wish they had taken inspiration from the manga instead because it could have gone a much deeper route other than "Oh I shouldn't want to be grown up so quickly because then I lose my boyfriend" kind of thing. (which, again, is kind of strange xD)
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Dead Moon Queen ❤

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] SuperS Age Switch Problem!   [SPOILER] SuperS Age Switch Problem! I_icon_minitime5th February 2013, 11:12 am

I like the thought of her looking very similar to Usagi. Her name actually is Usagi, but they called her ChibiUsa (Chibi Usagi) since Usagi hadn't become Neo Queen Serenity yet.
Back to top Go down
Aquila
Pyramidal Crystal

Aquila

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : oscillating whooshing sound

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] SuperS Age Switch Problem!   [SPOILER] SuperS Age Switch Problem! I_icon_minitime5th February 2013, 11:56 am

I thought her hairstyle in the anime was super cute, but looking back I would have liked it more if it was closer to the manga with the hair. How funny would the scene be when the other senshi see Chibiusa for the first time and freak? Very Happy
And I agree 100% with the over-sexual thing. Even after the transformation when she's at home she still wears her little sailor dress even though it looks ridiculously small (couldn't she have borrowed something from Usagi??) so yeah, I get the whole fetish anime doll thing Razz
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] SuperS Age Switch Problem!   [SPOILER] SuperS Age Switch Problem! I_icon_minitime5th February 2013, 12:01 pm

Lust wrote:
I like the thought of her looking very similar to Usagi. Her name actually is Usagi, but they called her ChibiUsa (Chibi Usagi) since Usagi hadn't become Neo Queen Serenity yet.

Yeah I know, but I still like there to be a few differences between the two regardless. xD I think hair looking different would be a cute change. Especially how poofy Chibiusa's hair is as she is now (little) and whenever we see Usagi as a little kid, her hair is more small and thingy curly... thingys xD

Anyway, sorry for derailing the thread, I am done xD
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] SuperS Age Switch Problem!   [SPOILER] SuperS Age Switch Problem! I_icon_minitime5th February 2013, 12:27 pm

Verdandi wrote:
I didn't have a problem with it exactly, but she was overly sexualized I feel, which is really kind of weird and awkward. I do love the manga version better 100% <3

But I also *love* this scene simply because it's how I imagine Chibiusa's hair to be when she is older, rather than long and thin like Usagi's. I wish Chibiusa's hair officially looked like that instead of being an exact match of Usagi's (like everything else.. xD)

Dittoing this, because I love the idea of her hair being a similar, but not quite the same variant of Usagi's. I didn't like Chibiusa's hair being just like her mother's, just with different odango. But, I've also wondered about this myself; why she looked different. I liked to think Chibiusa's hair looked different was due to:

Chibiusa as Black Lady was manipulated by darkness and was actually briefly evil and therefore not what she would truly look like. While Chibiusa was influenced by dark magic (and this time with Usagi) again causing the age switch, it didn't change her heart and make her or Usagi evil. So maybe it was a glimpse at what she could really look like when she's older? I dunno XD

You guys say that when this happened in the manga, her hair looks as it did when she was Black Lady, soooo that kind of cancels out my hypothesis there. Oh well XD

Personally, I like her hair that way and I think, though they maybe did a bit much on emphasis on how mature Chibiusa had become, I thought she was a very cute and pretty. [SPOILER] SuperS Age Switch Problem! 1569843278
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] SuperS Age Switch Problem!   [SPOILER] SuperS Age Switch Problem! I_icon_minitime5th February 2013, 1:20 pm

When I watched this I always thought she was supposed to look awkward on purpose since its a n adult body that has not developed through natural means, so i always thought the body should look a little unnatural (could argue that Black Lady should have looked unnatural but different writers/different animators/different character designers/different choices)

Quote :

Though her name may also be Usagi, they actually call her Chibiusa because she's a little kid and its cute and they don't want to confuse her with Usagi, no one calls her Chibiusa in the Future, there she is known as "Small Lady". It hasn't really got anything to do with Usagi being Queen or not, since they didn't know about NQS back then anyway
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] SuperS Age Switch Problem!   [SPOILER] SuperS Age Switch Problem! I_icon_minitime6th February 2013, 9:47 pm

[SPOILER] SuperS Age Switch Problem! Tumblr_m0n4w5pAPb1r1afsso1_500
Back to top Go down
Princess Hyperia
Star Seed

Princess Hyperia

Star Seed

Title : Princess of the New Moon

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] SuperS Age Switch Problem!   [SPOILER] SuperS Age Switch Problem! I_icon_minitime7th February 2013, 2:03 am

I can't comment on the manga, but in the anime I thought it made sense given that she became a teenager. I thought of Black Lady being her in a slightly more adult form; I can easily buy that even if Neo Queen Serenity II has almost the same pigtails as her mother and grandmother, as a teenager they were thicker and fluffier like when she was a kid. I thought it was a cute choice for her hair.

Also, she just grew, without magically taking on another form in particular -- I mean, she was still wearing the same outfit, so I thought it made sense that her hair stayed in the same style too.
Back to top Go down
Crystalsetsuna
Lotus Crystal

Crystalsetsuna

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Crazy Beardie Lady. Official GC Princess Serenity

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] SuperS Age Switch Problem!   [SPOILER] SuperS Age Switch Problem! I_icon_minitime7th February 2013, 7:34 am

i personally despise the anime's "grown up chibiusa". i am of the opinion her adult form would be similar to Wicked Lady. the puffed hair ending in regular pigtails looks ridiculous. though i think anyone and everyone can agree with me that keeping her in that tiny outfit was probably the stupidest decision. i could almost live with the ugly hair puffs, but not the itsy bitsy skirt and top.
Back to top Go down
http://dragcave.net/user/Crystalsetsuna http://crystalsetsuna.deviantart.com/
Ktenshi
Lotus Crystal

Ktenshi

Lotus Crystal

Title : Queen of the darkside of the moon

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] SuperS Age Switch Problem!   [SPOILER] SuperS Age Switch Problem! I_icon_minitime7th February 2013, 9:21 am

Princess Hyperia wrote:
I can't comment on the manga, but in the anime I thought it made sense given that she became a teenager. I thought of Black Lady being her in a slightly more adult form; I can easily buy that even if Neo Queen Serenity II has almost the same pigtails as her mother and grandmother, as a teenager they were thicker and fluffier like when she was a kid. I thought it was a cute choice for her hair.

Also, she just grew, without magically taking on another form in particular -- I mean, she was still wearing the same outfit, so I thought it made sense that her hair stayed in the same style too.

Good point. Black Lady's form is actually -older- than a teenager. She looks in her twenties at the very least rather than a teenager. The schoolgirl outfit is exactly how it is in the Manga though. She was still wearing that outfit. Why despise the one thing the Anime did follow through and made slightly more realistic?

Imagine wearing a 9 year olds non-stretching outfit. Chibiusa just appeared in that outfit when she lets go of that transformation, just as Usagi was drowning in her clothes.

It makes sense.

Manga wise, is more odd now that I think about it, because the outfit barely fits and covers but there's no rips or anything for the sudden growth.

Though I admit, I like the puffy pigtails Anime wise because it makes her stand out more from her own mother and it's super cute.
Back to top Go down
Kyasariin
Star Seed

Kyasariin

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] SuperS Age Switch Problem!   [SPOILER] SuperS Age Switch Problem! I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 3:28 am

See, I always thought that, the reason her hair looked like her mother when she was Black Lady was because of Wiseman granting Chibiusa's wishes in a sense; Wiseman knew that Chibiusa felt inferior to her mother, so he made her look like such. However, in SuperS, she wasn't corrupted, and the puffy pigtails was the type of hair she was actually supposed to have as an adult.
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] SuperS Age Switch Problem!   [SPOILER] SuperS Age Switch Problem! I_icon_minitime30th July 2013, 10:59 am

Kyasariin wrote:
See, I always thought that, the reason her hair looked like her mother when she was Black Lady was because of Wiseman granting Chibiusa's wishes in a sense; Wiseman knew that Chibiusa felt inferior to her mother, so he made her look like such. However, in SuperS, she wasn't corrupted, and the puffy pigtails was the type of hair she was actually supposed to have as an adult.

Ooo I like this. Agreement. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [SPOILER] SuperS Age Switch Problem!   [SPOILER] SuperS Age Switch Problem! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[SPOILER] SuperS Age Switch Problem!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top