The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Watching PGSM for the first time

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Katie Skyye
Star Seed

Katie Skyye

Star Seed

Title : Gryphon Shifter

Watching PGSM for the first time Empty
PostSubject: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time I_icon_minitime1st February 2013, 6:11 pm

My first impression was definitely Power Rangers on estrogen with 50% more ham and cheese.

That opinion still stands. The monsters are silly, the villains are ridiculously over-the-top, there are gratuitous backflips and cartwheels everywhere, the camera moves are ridiculous and the fight scenes are laughable...everything is so overdone...

...but it's fun to watch anyway. Very, very silly, but a bit addicting. I can't help rooting for the villains, though. It seems like half the time it's just dumb luck that the Sailor Senshi survive.

Also Ami/Mercury is adorable. And so is Jadeite. And Tuxedo Mask's costume is cooler in PGSM than the other versions, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time I_icon_minitime1st February 2013, 6:38 pm

Oh my gosh you are in for such a treat. It is absolutely, positively fabulous. My best friend and I are almost done rewatching the live action. It's brilliant and wonderful and gives you all kinds of crazy feels. The character development is just. The story is just. It's all just. It renewed my love for the inners, for sure. In my opinion, it shows off the characters in a much better light.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time I_icon_minitime1st February 2013, 7:00 pm

Katie Skyye wrote:
My first impression was definitely Power Rangers on estrogen with 50% more ham and cheese.

That opinion still stands. The monsters are silly, the villains are ridiculously over-the-top, there are gratuitous backflips and cartwheels everywhere, the camera moves are ridiculous and the fight scenes are laughable...everything is so overdone...

...but it's fun to watch anyway. Very, very silly, but a bit addicting. I can't help rooting for the villains, though. It seems like half the time it's just dumb luck that the Sailor Senshi survive.

Also Ami/Mercury is adorable. And so is Jadeite. And Tuxedo Mask's costume is cooler in PGSM than the other versions, in my opinion.

The thing about PGSM is all the stuff you've mentioned is shallow, its so much deeper than that with its characterization and storylines! You'll love it, on the surface it may seem sillier and cuter than the other versions but it runs far deeper than the anime and possibly even the manga
Back to top Go down
Katie Skyye
Star Seed

Katie Skyye

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time I_icon_minitime1st February 2013, 10:34 pm

Oh no, I like the development, as well. Especially the Generals. The more I watch, the more I like it. It's just all very cliche, hehe. Good, but cliche.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time I_icon_minitime1st February 2013, 10:37 pm

Well keep in mind, Sailor Moon was originally intended to be like a Super Sentai series for girls. I think Naoko always wanted to see a Super Sentai live action version of the show, hence, PGSM. Smile She did have a fairly big hand in the show, making up designs, etc.
Back to top Go down
Katie Skyye
Star Seed

Katie Skyye

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time I_icon_minitime2nd February 2013, 12:08 am

You know, now that there's a Sailor Luna...it's really weird having her voice change from a lady to a small child when she changes... >n<

But human Luna is adorable. Seeing her run around in crazy costume clothing while everyone else is wearing normal clothes is strange though.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time I_icon_minitime2nd February 2013, 8:13 am

Sailor Luna is a cutie. Too bad arty didn't get a human form in this.
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Sailor Lilith
Star Seed

Sailor Lilith

Star Seed

Title : ☾Sailor Luna☽

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time I_icon_minitime2nd February 2013, 4:20 pm

I LOVE Sailor Luna (if it wasn't obvious already), but I'm disappointed as well that Artemis got no human form. But regardless of that, I still love this show to pieces. ♥
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time I_icon_minitime2nd February 2013, 4:24 pm

Sailor Lilith wrote:
I LOVE Sailor Luna (if it wasn't obvious already), but I'm disappointed as well that Artemis got no human form. But regardless of that, I still love this show to pieces. ♥

omgosh yay. Down with all the Sailor Luna naysayers!! She is super adorbs! And i am in complete agreement, poor Artemis. It would have been so cute! They could have both been in the wedding in the special act!
Back to top Go down
Sailor Lilith
Star Seed

Sailor Lilith

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time I_icon_minitime2nd February 2013, 4:41 pm

I absolutely love Sailor Luna, she's the biggest reason as to why I started watching PGSM in the first place. I heard of her becoming an actually senshi in the show, so my curiosity was piqued, and I searched for images of her and found her absolutely adorable. I just don't fathom the reason as to why she gets so much hate (I've seen people not like her because she's just a replacement for Chibiusa, who doesn't show up in PGSM, but I think that's a dumb reason, and didn't really deter me since I love Chibiusa as well).

That would have made the wedding even more cute, if the two of them were both attending it in their human forms. ♥
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time I_icon_minitime2nd February 2013, 5:35 pm

I love Sailor Luna, I just love the idea that Kunzite's nemesis is her XD

Back to top Go down
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Dead Moon Queen ❤

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time I_icon_minitime2nd February 2013, 5:39 pm

Down with me then because I personally didn't care for Sailor Luna at all. I probably would have liked her more if she wasn't a child, but I have a feeling that was their fill in of Sailor Chibi Moon.

Either way, I love PGSM more than the anime, manga, or musicals. Watching PGSM for the first time 2867416775
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time I_icon_minitime2nd February 2013, 5:54 pm

Lol, but you don't hate on her like I'm sure some do. I kinda came up with a PGSM headcannon that the reason Luna takes on the form of a child is because it takes a lot of energy to stay in that form. At the point in the series, when she turns human, she'd able to get energy from Usagi and the crystal and it helps her stay in the human form. As the series progress, I imagine she gets stronger and has a better ability to control her human form.

Her adult form probably takes a huge exertion of energy and perhaps if the series had continued, we may have had some sort of story where she has to muster lots of energy to turn into a fully grown human. Probably from a huge desire to help Usagi or something.

I think it could work. xD
Back to top Go down
Sailor Lilith
Star Seed

Sailor Lilith

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time I_icon_minitime2nd February 2013, 7:33 pm

Its perfect alright to dislike her, Lust. Your a human being just like everyone else, and we all share different opinions. Its what makes things interesting in this fandom. :)

And I really love your headcanon, Small Lady. It makes a lot of sense to me, personally.
Back to top Go down
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

Title : That girl with a Sailor Jupiter tattoo =)

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time I_icon_minitime2nd February 2013, 8:02 pm

yeah, Sailor Luna wasn't the best addition in my opinion as well.

but i do love the PGSM. it has the best work in characterization and it's THE ONLY, I REPEAT, THE ONLY VERSION where we can actually see Usagi and Mamoru falling in love *-*
Back to top Go down
http://www.soulgeek.com.br https://www.youtube.com/user/mimakoto
Katie Skyye
Star Seed

Katie Skyye

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time I_icon_minitime5th February 2013, 1:18 pm

Usagi and Mamoru fall in love quickly in the manga, but they do show them falling in love...

I fell in love with Red PDQ as well.
Back to top Go down
Katie Skyye
Star Seed

Katie Skyye

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time I_icon_minitime5th February 2013, 1:34 pm

Hmm, why does Luna punch 672 into her phone to transform?
Back to top Go down
Sailor Lilith
Star Seed

Sailor Lilith

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time I_icon_minitime5th February 2013, 3:01 pm

Wow, I never noticed that (and I call myself a Sailor Luna fan)! I wonder why as well. Maybe it has a deep meaning, like its significant to one of the actors or the director or even Naoko Takeuchi herself. But then again, it could always just be a random number that they pulled out of the air.
Back to top Go down
Katie Skyye
Star Seed

Katie Skyye

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time I_icon_minitime5th February 2013, 4:04 pm

Ahaha this face (When Jadeite sticks him with the dark arrowhead):

Watching PGSM for the first time Rsbl9e
Back to top Go down
Tuxedo Mistress
Lotus Crystal

Tuxedo Mistress

Lotus Crystal

Title : That girl with a Sailor Jupiter tattoo =)

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time I_icon_minitime5th February 2013, 4:42 pm

oh, more funny faces are in store for you
Back to top Go down
http://www.soulgeek.com.br https://www.youtube.com/user/mimakoto
Katie Skyye
Star Seed

Katie Skyye

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time I_icon_minitime7th February 2013, 7:51 pm

Yeah, wow, Mamoru's actor does not know how to be in pain without looking silly.

Anyway, all done! I like that Usagi is dangerous in this one. Pretty cool twist.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time I_icon_minitime7th February 2013, 7:55 pm

Don't forget the Special Act and Act Zero if you haven't yet
Back to top Go down
Katie Skyye
Star Seed

Katie Skyye

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time I_icon_minitime25th February 2013, 3:20 pm

Haha, I love that she destroys the earth. I'm not really sure what the trippy ending was doing...I think Mamoru was dead and Usagi was the only one left on the barren earth...but Usagi somehow managed to restore the earth? And then actually died from using all of her power...and was then brought back to life by all her friends? Whatever. It was a cool twist.
Also Nephrite never did anything as a human. He even said several times that he'd gotten his powers back...but never did anything. I feel like there was a budding romance between him and Ami that never went anywhere. He felt like a dead-end character, which made me a little sad.
I really, really, really like the Princess uniform though. It's so pretty >w<
Back to top Go down
Ninjin-chan
Star Seed

Ninjin-chan

Star Seed

Title : Carro-chan

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time I_icon_minitime22nd March 2014, 7:53 pm

Currently giving PGSM a chance, (I have never watched ANY japanese live-action before, so it's a little strange for me so far, in fact I hardly watch any live-action shows actually)
Just finished episode 8, i have to say it's better than i thought. it's really cute!^^
So far I can relate to Ami a lot.
But i still have a bit of a hard time not laughing my chibi of at the horrible special effects XD
Back to top Go down
http://purinsesuusagi.tumblr.com http://asveca.deviantart.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time I_icon_minitime22nd March 2014, 8:16 pm

Its ok to laugh at the special effects. xD You just have to remember to look past them to see how great of a story there is. Just wait until you get further into the series! It gets SO good. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time I_icon_minitime22nd March 2014, 8:19 pm

Dude. Definitely laugh at the special effects. I do.

And Brit is right. PGSM IS SO GOOD!!! It's like the best continuity (to me) of the Sailor Moon franchise. I love it so much. So much character development, drama, and cuteness (and plenty of laughs)! Ah! I love it soooo!
Back to top Go down
Ninjin-chan
Star Seed

Ninjin-chan

Star Seed

Title : Carro-chan

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time I_icon_minitime23rd March 2014, 7:41 am

Im definetly gonna continue anyway^^
looking foreward to seeing more characters, and i must say i love what a dorky turtel-lover motoki is^^
Back to top Go down
http://purinsesuusagi.tumblr.com http://asveca.deviantart.com
Candieskulls
Star Seed

Candieskulls

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time I_icon_minitime20th April 2014, 12:02 am

See, thing with me is, I love that cheesy stuff. And I grew up with the Power Rangers. So PGSM was like, a win-win for me. I didn't even know it existed until my dad burned a couple episodes for me on a CD when I was like, thirteen. Absolutely loved it. I didn't finish the series until a few years later when I got interested in it again. Loved the costumes and the youma creatures, but yeah, the effects were a bit lacking but it didn't bother me. 

I thought all the actors were great choices for the characters. LOVED the Usagi/Mamoru dynamic and the little love triangle thrown in there earlier on. I found myself really relating to a lot of the characters and what they were feeling/going through.

All in all, one of my favorite interpretations of Sailor Moon, and Sawai IS Usagi. <3
I wish there were more seasons but the way it ended felt ... complete, if that makes sense.

Anyway, it's really good, give it a try, people!
Back to top Go down
http://daughteroftherain.tumblr.com http://memoryofalessa.deviantart.com
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time I_icon_minitime20th April 2014, 12:04 am

Yes I agree with all you said!!! Sawaii IS Usagi and it has the best ending and probably best telling of the Sailor Moon Story (of course just the first arc).
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time I_icon_minitime20th April 2014, 12:15 am

PGSM is the best Sailor Moon ever (thus far; I'll give the new anime a chance but I don't know if it can stack up Wink)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watching PGSM for the first time   Watching PGSM for the first time I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Watching PGSM for the first time

View previous topic View next topic Back to top