The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

My Drawing for the Halloween Contest

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mysteryloveandjustice
Lotus Crystal

mysteryloveandjustice

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Seiya/Sailor Star Fighter <3

My Drawing for the Halloween Contest Empty
PostSubject: My Drawing for the Halloween Contest   My Drawing for the Halloween Contest I_icon_minitime18th November 2012, 12:41 pm

[img]My Drawing for the Halloween Contest Setsun10[/img]

I drew and colored this Smile I left the colors that way to try and make them pop against the black and white xD Although I have noticed that I missed coloring her sleeve xP

What do you guys think? Smile My Drawing for the Halloween Contest 314519714
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: My Drawing for the Halloween Contest   My Drawing for the Halloween Contest I_icon_minitime18th November 2012, 1:01 pm

I loved your concept! I always like the idea that Pluto is really a time lord. What kind of colored pencils are you using? If you aren't using PrismaColors, I highly recommend them as they are very good for blending and making the colors looking smoother. Also, coloring in her skin would have been a nice touch so she doesn't look so pasty. :3

I never noticed this until now but she is missing eyebrows. xD No worries I tend to do that sometimes too...oops!

I definitely think some practice on faces and proper anatomy would help. Cause really...everyone needs to work on that. xD I'm not sure how you go about your drawing process, but it really helps to do the sketchy shapes and lines layout first before adding in the detail. There are many many many tutorials for that kind of stuff online. I'd post some but I can't think of any off hand...

I hope that helps!
Back to top Go down
mysteryloveandjustice
Lotus Crystal

mysteryloveandjustice

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: My Drawing for the Halloween Contest   My Drawing for the Halloween Contest I_icon_minitime18th November 2012, 1:34 pm

Thank you so much! Very Happy

Oh wow.. hey look no eye brows xD whoops My Drawing for the Halloween Contest 2632955583

I do use PrismaColors Smile I also use Crayola and some other off brands for general colors too xD

And to be honest, I can't draw something from my head xP I have to have a picture in front of me to go off of and then I tweak stuff xD This picture was based off a picture I found on Google of the Tenth Doctor xD

But thanks for all the wonderful advice! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: My Drawing for the Halloween Contest   My Drawing for the Halloween Contest I_icon_minitime18th November 2012, 2:16 pm

Oh awesome so you are using Prismas. Ok, so I would really suggest to start blending your colorings. If you don't have one, get a colorless blender! Those things are so awesome, I use them a lot. See, my entry, I used prismacolors too. The stuff I wanted to look smooth, I used harder pressure (depending on the color I wanted) and the colorless blender. Say I wanted a lighter red using my Red pencil (assuming maybe you onlyhave one) you can apply light pressure, then use the colorless blender to smooth it out. Anything you don't want smooth, then just use light pressure when coloring. I was trying to imitate one of Naoko's colorings with my entry where the subject (which hapened to be Chibi Usa lol) was colored smooth and stuff, but the background had a lighter child like coloring to it.

Also experiment with blending colors. You can do a lot with prismas and I very honestly only know the tip of the iceberg. I would highly suggest looking up some coloring tutorials on deviantart or something. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mysteryloveandjustice
Lotus Crystal

mysteryloveandjustice

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: My Drawing for the Halloween Contest   My Drawing for the Halloween Contest I_icon_minitime18th November 2012, 2:24 pm

Yay! Very Happy Thank you so much! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Drawing for the Halloween Contest   My Drawing for the Halloween Contest I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Drawing for the Halloween Contest

View previous topic View next topic Back to top