The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Black Lady or Mistress 9?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mysteryloveandjustice
Lotus Crystal

mysteryloveandjustice

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Seiya/Sailor Star Fighter <3

Black Lady or Mistress 9? Empty
PostSubject: Black Lady or Mistress 9?   Black Lady or Mistress 9? I_icon_minitime1st November 2012, 6:44 pm

Who do you like better?

The Queen of Darkness?

Black Lady or Mistress 9? 2427046-black_lady_sailor_moon

Or..

The Messiah of Silence?

Black Lady or Mistress 9? Miss9manga

GO!!
Back to top Go down
brrrandiZZLe
Lotus Crystal

brrrandiZZLe

Lotus Crystal

Title : Brandi, the official Usagi of the forums ^.^

PostSubject: Re: Black Lady or Mistress 9?   Black Lady or Mistress 9? I_icon_minitime1st November 2012, 7:17 pm

I looove Mistress 9. She's just so beautiful, and there's something creepy and a little insane about her. I love the build up to her appearance and how much power and destruction she is capable of. I just like to think of Chibiusa as cute little Chibiusa, not someone who seduces her father and whatnot. Especially with her little pink odangos, those don't look threatening and powerful.
Back to top Go down
http://sailormoon-love.tumblr.com http://www.sailormoon-love.tumblr.com
Bella
Pyramidal Crystal

Bella

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Anime Goddess <3

PostSubject: Re: Black Lady or Mistress 9?   Black Lady or Mistress 9? I_icon_minitime8th November 2012, 11:53 am

Oh very hard question I love both Villans but I would have to go with Mistress 9 besides her beauty the mystery and darkness behind her that I love. As Brandi said the build up to her appearance and the power and destruction she is capable of is amazing .

I love Chibiusa dearly but I didn't like the fact that she try to seduce her father I personally believe she enjoyed seducing him. Even though many would say she was possessed by The Wise Men powers deep down she knew what she was doing
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :

PostSubject: Re: Black Lady or Mistress 9?   Black Lady or Mistress 9? I_icon_minitime8th November 2012, 12:04 pm

Black Lady. She has so much more depth than Mistress 9. I think people take too literally the whole "seducing her father" thing, and dislike her off the bat simply because they don't like Chibiusa.

But I love Chibiusa, and I love Black Lady, and I love the arc that Black Lady appears in <3 I think there is so much turmoil and despair in having Chibiusa become such a distorted and black figure of something that she had always wanted to be. Here is this little girl who always has wanted to be a beautiful lady, just like her mother, but when she gets her wish she becomes this evil and lustful and dark person that is completely distorting her whole personality. It just has more meaning to the villain Black Lady unlike Mistress 9, who we really don't know all that much about.

I think they're both equally gorgeous though <3
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: Black Lady or Mistress 9?   Black Lady or Mistress 9? I_icon_minitime8th November 2012, 12:56 pm

Black. Lady. Yes. Very Happy

Okay that whole seducing her father thing. Let's think about this for a moment. She was what...5? And she probably really couldn't connect that Usagi was her elegant, beautiful queen mother and that Mamoru was her father. I mean eventually she realizes it, but she was a little girl. So, she had a little bit of a crush on him. She didn't get it.

Also, I'm pretty sure Black Lady is like...a 5 year old trapped in a woman's body. The body is mature, but her mind is not. So basically, since she figured she had a grown up body, she can have Mamoru because she had a crush on him and she viewed herself as a "grown up".

So in reality, no, she didn't know what she was doing. Little children don't understand romantic or sexual concepts. Yes, you can say "well she's over 900 in the manga!" okay. So does that mean Chibiusa is an adult trapped in the body of a little girl? I always figured she was like a timeless child. So while she was over 900 in age, she was still like, a 5 year old mentally/physically/emotionally. She's not mature mentally/emotionally/physically.

Black Lady or Mistress 9? 20050627_511_Sailor_Moon-Black_Lady

Look at that face. I see a little girl in that face. She may look physically mature, but mentally and emotionally she is not. That's probably why it was so easy to corrupt her in the first place.

The concept of Black Lady is playing on the insecurities and fears of a 5 year old anyway. I mean yes, everyone has fears sometimes that people don't love them, etc., but for Chibiusa, it's a play on her fears. I think it's normal for children to feel this way sometimes; they already feel inferior because sometimes we adults forget that they're people too, just little.

Verdandi wrote:
But I love Chibiusa, and I love Black Lady, and I love the arc that Black Lady appears in <3 I think there is so much turmoil and despair in having Chibiusa become such a distorted and black figure of something that she had always wanted to be. Here is this little girl who always has wanted to be a beautiful lady, just like her mother, but when she gets her wish she becomes this evil and lustful and dark person that is completely distorting her whole personality. It just has more meaning to the villain Black Lady unlike Mistress 9, who we really don't know all that much about.

Yes. This too. Great point Very Happy I feel like this definitely plays with Chibiusa's dream to become a beautiful, elegant woman like her mother, but on the dark side. Showing that rushing and black magic isn't the way to go.

Yes, Chibiusa and Usagi switch ages in SuperS, but that was for completely different reasons and to teach her a lesson. The situation that happened in R was to teach her a different lesson.

Black Lady or Mistress 9? Tumblr_m9h6baj5Bx1rqku03o1_400

Wink
Back to top Go down
JoJiaMystie
Lotus Crystal

JoJiaMystie

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC Official Galaxia Sama

PostSubject: Re: Black Lady or Mistress 9?   Black Lady or Mistress 9? I_icon_minitime8th November 2012, 3:42 pm

Umm I like them both for different reasons but one thing is for sure, they are very close to each other (Hotaru and ChibiUsa) and the fact they are both younger than the rest and lived a moment in the Darkness is a really big point in common with those two.
Back to top Go down
http://SunBaby17.wixsite.com/jiaartistetatoueur http://jojiamystie.deviantart.com
Vaas Rutten
Star Seed

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Black Lady or Mistress 9?   Black Lady or Mistress 9? I_icon_minitime27th January 2013, 9:09 pm

I'm going to narrowly choose Black Lady only because I felt like she got more development. Had Mistress 9 gotten more development then I would have chose her but there's something about Black Lady that makes me want to hang out with her.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Lilith
Star Seed

Sailor Lilith

Star Seed

Title : ☾Sailor Luna☽

PostSubject: Re: Black Lady or Mistress 9?   Black Lady or Mistress 9? I_icon_minitime28th January 2013, 5:30 am

I love the both of them, but I have to go with Black Lady. She was given a lot more depth, development, and screen time then Mistress 9. But they're both so pretty~!
Back to top Go down
Adelaide
Lotus Crystal

Adelaide

Lotus Crystal

Title : Unashamed Sailor Moon Crystal lover // Formerly Saturn Skyy - until I found out that it was the name of a car

PostSubject: Re: Black Lady or Mistress 9?   Black Lady or Mistress 9? I_icon_minitime27th March 2013, 8:48 pm

Okay, I realize this one was kinda old, but I wanted to put in my two cents.

I love both, a lot, but I would have to say Black Lady is more interesting to me. I remember, even as a child when I first watched the english dub, I was so upset that this little girl that I had grown attached to was manipulated like this (I wasn't much older than Chibiusa when I saw this).

With Mistress 9, its is not a manipluation or anything like that, it is literally a different person who happens to be inside of Hotaru. I feel like that is a little less tragic because I felt like Hotaru did not do any of the things Mistress 9 did, while Chibiusa was "there" for everything Black Lady did.

That said, they are both super awesome ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://dianathemoonfairy.tumblr.com
Koanko
Pyramidal Crystal

Koanko

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Golden Queen of Shadow Galatica

PostSubject: Re: Black Lady or Mistress 9?   Black Lady or Mistress 9? I_icon_minitime28th March 2013, 5:34 am

Definitely Black Lady, definitely. She's just tons more interesting then Mistress 9, in my humble opinion. Mistress 9 was an OK villain, but unfortunately she just had to be from the Infinity Arc, which I find to be the most boring, so she gets points taken off. I love you though, Saturn! <3
Back to top Go down
Queen Nehelenia
Star Seed

Queen Nehelenia

Star Seed

Title : STAGE OUT!!!

PostSubject: Re: Black Lady or Mistress 9?   Black Lady or Mistress 9? I_icon_minitime1st April 2013, 2:49 pm

Black Lady or Mistress 9? 174_zpsa511c468

Neither, for I am clearly superior.
Back to top Go down
Koanko
Pyramidal Crystal

Koanko

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Golden Queen of Shadow Galatica

PostSubject: Re: Black Lady or Mistress 9?   Black Lady or Mistress 9? I_icon_minitime1st April 2013, 3:09 pm

Oh, silly Nehelenia, we all know who is truly the greatest of them all. S A I L O R G A L A X I A
Back to top Go down
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Dead Moon Queen ❤

PostSubject: Re: Black Lady or Mistress 9?   Black Lady or Mistress 9? I_icon_minitime1st April 2013, 3:10 pm

So you say.
Back to top Go down
mysteryloveandjustice
Lotus Crystal

mysteryloveandjustice

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Official Seiya/Sailor Star Fighter <3

PostSubject: Re: Black Lady or Mistress 9?   Black Lady or Mistress 9? I_icon_minitime1st April 2013, 3:36 pm

Nehelenia no trolling on my thread D:

<3 Villains ^^
Back to top Go down
Sakuranbo
Pyramidal Crystal

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Black Lady or Mistress 9?   Black Lady or Mistress 9? I_icon_minitime24th April 2018, 1:44 pm

My favorite villain is Mistress 9 The Messiah of Silence because she is a very interesting villain and she has good fashion sense too, plus she can use her hair to attack her enemies which is really useful. Not to mention that Mistress 9 looks more intimidating especially when she transforms into her Daimon Alien form.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Lady or Mistress 9?   Black Lady or Mistress 9? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Lady or Mistress 9?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top