The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Debate: Seiya -- Male or Female?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sailor Venus
Inner Senshi Admin
Media Director

Sailor Venus

Inner Senshi AdminMedia Director

Title : AKA Haine~ the official hardcore UsaxMamo fan

Debate: Seiya -- Male or Female? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Debate: Seiya -- Male or Female?   Debate: Seiya -- Male or Female? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th October 2012, 6:58 pm

I've always see him and the other starlights as females, since, there's no male "Senshi" o.o besides, if i'm not mistaken, they even were girls when they were in their human forms. i remember one of the artbook scan a picture with all senshis, and i remember seeing bobs...

I know they're not "humans", but i think, since they're senshi, they're women.
Back to top Go down
http://queenmaruhi.tumblr.com/ http://eternalwitch.deviantart.com/
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Seiya -- Male or Female?   Debate: Seiya -- Male or Female? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th October 2012, 7:40 pm

Houyou no Senshi wrote:
Lets not forget that they are probably technically not humans, coming from Kinmoku and all. Maybe their science is more advanced so they can just pop off their boobs and store them for later.

:lolz:
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Seiya -- Male or Female?   Debate: Seiya -- Male or Female? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime16th October 2012, 8:08 pm

Houyou no Senshi wrote:
Lets not forget that they are probably technically not humans, coming from Kinmoku and all. Maybe their science is more advanced so they can just pop off their boobs and store them for later.

This is best.
Back to top Go down
Louchan
Star Seed

Louchan

Star Seed

Title : 月の光は愛のメッセージ

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Seiya -- Male or Female?   Debate: Seiya -- Male or Female? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th October 2012, 2:51 am

Lady Tuxedo wrote:
You miss the part that makes it a soap; Mamoru
*dated* Usagi. If they were to ever part ways, that is *weird* for him
to be a doner. Anyone else can, but Mamoru shouldn't. As much as I love
Chibiusa, she causes some conflict. But that's beside the point.
Actually I'll have to agree with Neon Genesis on this one. Sure, it'd be weird and all like you say, but I can't imagine Mamoru or Usagi giving up on Chibiusa even if they decide to go separate ways.

Small Lady wrote:
Also like...i could imagine it'd be pretty painful to have to go through feeling your inner biological workings change each time you transform...so I'm pretty sure its safe to say we can use the excuse of MAGICS.
But the whole inner organs and skeleton change can be completely painless with the excuse of MAGICS too!Debate: Seiya -- Male or Female? - Page 2 2181268609 Debate: Seiya -- Male or Female? - Page 2 1854588990 Debate: Seiya -- Male or Female? - Page 2 3827717276Which I believe to be the case.
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Seiya -- Male or Female?   Debate: Seiya -- Male or Female? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th October 2012, 9:24 am

Louchan wrote:

Actually I'll have to agree with Neon Genesis on this one. Sure, it'd be weird and all like you say, but I can't imagine Mamoru or Usagi giving up on Chibiusa even if they decide to go separate ways.

And that is where our dear Chibiusa causes problems. That would be way too much for her and that would complicate her life. Think about it and you'll understand. So, I feel like instead, Usagi and Seiya, were that to happen, could find a way to have their own child; their own Chibiusa.

Louchan wrote:
Small Lady wrote:
Also like...i could imagine it'd be pretty painful to have to go through feeling your inner biological workings change each time you transform...so I'm pretty sure its safe to say we can use the excuse of MAGICS.
But the whole inner organs and skeleton change can be completely painless with the excuse of MAGICS too!Debate: Seiya -- Male or Female? - Page 2 2181268609 Debate: Seiya -- Male or Female? - Page 2 1854588990 Debate: Seiya -- Male or Female? - Page 2 3827717276Which I believe to be the case.

Mmm...I feel like Brit and I are more pro Seiya being female on the inside and it's just an outward disguise because that's how Naoko originally created her; a female. Seiya being male is design by Toei, not her. Toei =/= creators/Naoko. And it made her mad, too, that Seiya's gender was changed. I mean, it's a show about women doing awesome things. Starlights were originally women.

Don't get me wrong, you do bring up good points. I can see them Smile that's why I started the thread; to see ideas of others.
Back to top Go down
Lust
Lotus Crystal

Lust

Lotus Crystal

Title : ❤ Dead Moon Queen ❤

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Seiya -- Male or Female?   Debate: Seiya -- Male or Female? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th October 2012, 10:55 am

They're women and have always been women. They use the male shape to take disguise to find their Princess as well as to hide from Galaxia.

Kakyuu in the anime even points out of curiosity about how they're male instead of women somehow on Earth.
Back to top Go down
Tsuki-love♥
RP Admin
Neptune Emeritus

Tsuki-love♥

RP Admin  Neptune Emeritus

Title : Myuteer ~ GC's official Harumichitic

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Seiya -- Male or Female?   Debate: Seiya -- Male or Female? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th October 2012, 12:28 pm

Houyou no Senshi wrote:

lmao XD
Back to top Go down
http://ladiesfighter.tumblr.com/ http://tsuki-no-kagayaki.deviantart.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Seiya -- Male or Female?   Debate: Seiya -- Male or Female? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime17th October 2012, 2:51 pm

Louchan wrote:
Lady Tuxedo wrote:
You miss the part that makes it a soap; Mamoru
*dated* Usagi. If they were to ever part ways, that is *weird* for him
to be a doner. Anyone else can, but Mamoru shouldn't. As much as I love
Chibiusa, she causes some conflict. But that's beside the point.

Ah, lets not keep straying off into that territory...thats not really what this thread is about. If you guys wanna go debate about odd fannon possibilities, you are free to make another thread about it. <3

Small Lady wrote:
But the whole inner organs and skeleton change can be completely painless with the excuse of MAGICS too!Debate: Seiya -- Male or Female? - Page 2 2181268609 Debate: Seiya -- Male or Female? - Page 2 1854588990 Debate: Seiya -- Male or Female? - Page 2 3827717276Which I believe to be the case.[/quote]

Hmm...it depends on the magic though, and MAGICS aren't really defined in Sailor Moon. In Harry Potter, even though magic was used to cure broken bones and such, it seemed the repairing process was still painful. Yes, Harry Potter =/= Sailor Moon, its just something to think about. Naoko never goes into detail how any of the magic works. Also as Houyou stated ,they are from a different planet, they have humanoid appearances but we don't know anything of their anatomy. Or how their magic works. Theirs could be different than the White Moon clan magic. /shrug

Its such a vague thing though, its really hard to discuss it because we are all basically just throwing in our fannons and headcannons here and sometimes that can lead to mucky waters.
Back to top Go down
Louchan
Star Seed

Louchan

Star Seed

Title : 月の光は愛のメッセージ

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Seiya -- Male or Female?   Debate: Seiya -- Male or Female? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th October 2012, 12:55 am

I still heavily disagree with the idea that Usagi, Mamoru or anyone would just let Chibiusa not be born instead, but I'll leave it be like Small Lady suggested.

Lady Tuxedo wrote:
Mmm...I feel like Brit and I are more pro Seiya being female on the inside and it's just an outward disguise because that's how Naoko originally created her; a female. Seiya being male is design by Toei, not her. Toei =/= creators/Naoko. And it made her mad, too, that Seiya's gender was changed. I mean, it's a show about women doing awesome things. Starlights were originally women.

Don't get me wrong, you do bring up good points. I can see them Smile that's why I started the thread; to see ideas of others.
But Toei are the creators of the anime, not Naoko. As far as I understand, Naoko had very little control over the anime, which is common for a manga artist. So as harsh as it might sound Naoko's will doesn't really matter in this case since this is about the anime and what Toei did, and they gave the Starlights fully male bodies as their disguise.

And yes, I know, don't worry I'm not misunderstanding you or anything. Razz

Small Lady wrote:
Hmm...it
depends on the magic though, and MAGICS aren't really defined in Sailor
Moon. In Harry Potter, even though magic was used to cure broken bones
and such, it seemed the repairing process was still painful. Yes, Harry
Potter =/= Sailor Moon, its just something to think about. Naoko never
goes into detail how any of the magic works. Also as Houyou stated ,they
are from a different planet, they have humanoid appearances but we
don't know anything of their anatomy. Or how their magic works. Theirs
could be different than the White Moon clan magic. /shrug

Its
such a vague thing though, its really hard to discuss it because we are
all basically just throwing in our fannons and headcannons here and
sometimes that can lead to mucky waters.
Exactly, since we get little detail to how any magic in the show works, we can just pull any conclusions from it. And this is mine. A quick and completely painless magical sex change. Debate: Seiya -- Male or Female? - Page 2 3827717276And Sailor Moon would hardly be the first anime to pull this. Anyone seen or read Ranma 1/2? xD
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Seiya -- Male or Female?   Debate: Seiya -- Male or Female? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th October 2012, 9:22 am

Ah yes I've heard of Ranma 1/2.

But. Only womens can be senshi Sad so. Boo! XD

I just always think of Seiya as a woman, even when in disguise. That's just how it works for me and I believe some others. Of course we are all free to believe what we want in this regard. As Brit said, this was just for funsies. I liked hearing what you guys thought of the whole thing. I know it was a weird topic to begin with XD

Hopefully it was at least thought provoking and made people go "hmm..." and think about it? XD
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Seiya -- Male or Female?   Debate: Seiya -- Male or Female? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime19th October 2012, 12:13 pm

I don't think that Starlights' taking male forms is breaking rule that only women can be senshi. For me it's stated clearly, that there are just temporary forms, assumed for better fullfilling of mission. I see thefore Seiya and Taiki and Yaten as male, temporary forms of Sailor Starlights.
Back to top Go down
http://neoma2.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Debate: Seiya -- Male or Female?   Debate: Seiya -- Male or Female? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Debate: Seiya -- Male or Female?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top