The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Debate: The Silver Crystal Versus Mistress 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

Debate: The Silver Crystal Versus Mistress 9 Empty
PostSubject: Debate: The Silver Crystal Versus Mistress 9   Debate: The Silver Crystal Versus Mistress 9 I_icon_minitime29th September 2012, 12:53 pm

At the end of S, why didn't Usagi use the Silver Crystal to heal Mistress 9? Wasn't the Silver Crystal's power restored after Usagi got her power upgrade earlier in the season? Usagi was able to heal the Four Phantom Sisters and Black Lady with the Silver Crystal, and she's even more powerful in S than she was in R, so wouldn't it have worked on Mistress 9 too? But it's like the anime writers just forgot about the Silver Crystal entirely in the S anime or something for some odd reason.
Back to top Go down
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :

PostSubject: Re: Debate: The Silver Crystal Versus Mistress 9   Debate: The Silver Crystal Versus Mistress 9 I_icon_minitime29th September 2012, 1:03 pm

Well she kind of did, didn't she? Mistress 9 was a sort of parasitic evil being that had to latch onto Hotaru to live. The person to purify was Hotaru, not really Mistress 9, and Usagi did heal and save Hotaru in the end hehe :3
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Mayonnaise
Lotus Crystal

Mayonnaise

Lotus Crystal

Title : Secretly Artemis in a suit

PostSubject: Re: Debate: The Silver Crystal Versus Mistress 9   Debate: The Silver Crystal Versus Mistress 9 I_icon_minitime29th September 2012, 1:10 pm

Well, I think they ommited the use of the crystal (thought Usagi did use a lame little "Moon Cosmic Power!" against Pharaoh 90) in order to give the grail more "screentime".
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: The Silver Crystal Versus Mistress 9   Debate: The Silver Crystal Versus Mistress 9 I_icon_minitime29th September 2012, 1:16 pm

Silver Crystal's power was restored in R, but it was again depowered at the beginning of S. Then Usagi and Mamoru's mutual love gave her new transformation and new weapon, but the power of Silver Crystal wasn't brought back.

I don't think writers forgot, they believed that Silver Crystal fullfilled its plot purposes. (Though it may be her Star Seed in Stars).
Back to top Go down
http://neoma2.tumblr.com/
Sailor Saturn
Outer Senshi Admin
Events & Storyline Admin

Sailor Saturn

Outer Senshi Admin  Events & Storyline Admin

Title :

PostSubject: Re: Debate: The Silver Crystal Versus Mistress 9   Debate: The Silver Crystal Versus Mistress 9 I_icon_minitime29th September 2012, 1:25 pm

I always thought all of her brooches had the silver crystal as their power source (even if it was technically pink in color)? Maybe that's a headcanon, I don't know. Sometimes it is hard to remember :3
Back to top Go down
http://ley-rose.tumblr.com/ http://leyrose.deviantart.com/
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: The Silver Crystal Versus Mistress 9   Debate: The Silver Crystal Versus Mistress 9 I_icon_minitime29th September 2012, 1:32 pm

Moonlight Lady wrote:
Silver Crystal's power was restored in R, but it was again depowered at the beginning of S. Then Usagi and Mamoru's mutual love gave her new transformation and new weapon, but the power of Silver Crystal wasn't brought back.
Didn't Usagi and Mamoru restore it with their love at the beginning when they fought that cat monster? It was full power again in the S movie in any case.
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: The Silver Crystal Versus Mistress 9   Debate: The Silver Crystal Versus Mistress 9 I_icon_minitime29th September 2012, 1:38 pm

I thought Silver Crystal became pink in the cat episode, as Verdandi said. Usagi got Heart Moon Sceptre instead.
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: Debate: The Silver Crystal Versus Mistress 9   Debate: The Silver Crystal Versus Mistress 9 I_icon_minitime29th September 2012, 3:32 pm

Well okay, but then you could say that in S it was another variation of the silver crystal. Like still the silver crystal, just a different color. Usagi isn't known to hold anything beyond the silver crystal. And I remember in the S movie, when she's using its power, it comes out as a big, silver crystal (appearing differently than it did in the R movie and season). So it's there, it was just like a different "variation" or different form.

Debate: The Silver Crystal Versus Mistress 9 Sailor-moon-locket-s02 =
Debate: The Silver Crystal Versus Mistress 9 Eg5s47 =
Debate: The Silver Crystal Versus Mistress 9 TheGinzuishou

They all the same, just different forms.

And I feel like the reason she didn't use it is because Hotaru was the one who needed purifying, but Hotaru/Saturn took care of herself and rid herself of Mistress 9. So basically instead of Usagi wiping out Mistress 9 or purifying her, it was Hotaru/Saturn instead. As to why she couldn't use it defeating Pharaoh 90...you know, good question. I never thought about it. All I saw/thought was "Oh she's not taking on the form of Princess Serenity this time". Perhaps it's due to you couldn't purify an evil alien of just evil. It was just a specimen of evil and there was nothing to purify. We didn't even get to see what Pharaoh 90 looked like; we just saw a dark energy ball and that was presumed to be "him".

Just my idea, anyway.

Last edited by Lady Tuxedo on 29th September 2012, 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: The Silver Crystal Versus Mistress 9   Debate: The Silver Crystal Versus Mistress 9 I_icon_minitime29th September 2012, 3:49 pm

It just seems to me that Usagi could have easily won the whole Haruka and Michiru morality debate just by saying "Hey guys! I've got the Silver Crystal, so Hakuna Matata!" But it's like they don't even bring the question up in the anime at all and it just seems weird to me that they didn't.
Back to top Go down
Jupiter Rose
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Who am I now in this world without her?

PostSubject: Re: Debate: The Silver Crystal Versus Mistress 9   Debate: The Silver Crystal Versus Mistress 9 I_icon_minitime29th September 2012, 3:57 pm

In reality, I think the Mistress 9 and Pharaoh 90 battles were Sailor Saturn's, not really Usagi's. That'd be another reason why. A different senshi was taking out the baddies this time.

I don't think Usagi is supposed to be the ultimate like, destroyer if you will. Because if that's the case, what would be the point of the other senshi? That's what bothered me about the anime; the senshi were basically useless when they're supposed to protect Usagi. If they can't do crap and she can, then yeah that defeats their purpose. They should be able to hold their own, especially Sailor Saturn. Sailor Saturn is like the end all.
Back to top Go down
Neon Genesis
Star Seed

Neon Genesis

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: The Silver Crystal Versus Mistress 9   Debate: The Silver Crystal Versus Mistress 9 I_icon_minitime29th September 2012, 6:19 pm

Not to mention we didn't get to actually see Saturn's fight. Oh well, at least it sounded cool.
Back to top Go down
Moonlight Lady
Star Seed

Moonlight Lady

Star Seed

PostSubject: Re: Debate: The Silver Crystal Versus Mistress 9   Debate: The Silver Crystal Versus Mistress 9 I_icon_minitime30th September 2012, 2:01 am

Remember that a person purified must "agree" on it, you cannot pufiry somebody against their will - Black Lady and Four Phantom sisters are examples. Kunzite, for instance, refused purification.
Back to top Go down
Houyou no Senshi
Lotus Crystal

Houyou no Senshi

Lotus Crystal

PostSubject: Re: Debate: The Silver Crystal Versus Mistress 9   Debate: The Silver Crystal Versus Mistress 9 I_icon_minitime30th September 2012, 2:17 am

Mistress 9, was likely as evil as Master Pharaoh 90, and probably part of that form of Chaos (notice Master & Mistress anyone? They certainly seem like partners), if so, then Mistress 9 is unable to be purified by Sailor Moon and could only be destroyed, something Saturn is much more competent with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Debate: The Silver Crystal Versus Mistress 9   Debate: The Silver Crystal Versus Mistress 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Debate: The Silver Crystal Versus Mistress 9

View previous topic View next topic Back to top