The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

GC Newsletter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

Title : Lady of the Forums

GC Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: GC Newsletter   GC Newsletter I_icon_minitime18th July 2011, 7:30 pm

We are thinking of getting an awesome newspaper getting up and running, would you like that?

And if so, what would you like to see?

- Lady
Back to top Go down
http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://alittlemisscurious.deviantart.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

GC Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: GC Newsletter   GC Newsletter I_icon_minitime18th July 2011, 10:06 pm

This is a cool idea! I remember back in the day I signed up for Sailor Moon and anime newsletters back when I used AOL as an ISP.

I miss getting those! They were usually filled with pics, random tidbits of info, or news from the fandom. If its Galaxy Cauldron based, you can update us on events, how many members the forum has, and etc.
Back to top Go down
Elly
Webmistress Emeritus

Elly

Webmistress Emeritus

GC Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: GC Newsletter   GC Newsletter I_icon_minitime20th July 2011, 7:49 am

I would definitely be interested!

As I am always on the look out for new sailor moon sites to check out, maybe a "monthly spotlight" would be good -- similarly, a "monthly spotlight" on a fan who does something cool, like prop creation or cosplay or what have you.

Official news would also be good since the manga and now some merchandise are gearing up to release. And of course...fan editorials. Wish, to toot my own horn, I'd love to write. =p
Back to top Go down
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

GC Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: GC Newsletter   GC Newsletter I_icon_minitime20th July 2011, 12:09 pm

I will post the ideas that we are playing around with on the staff boards to prevent duplicates. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://moonlightlace.tumblr.com http://alittlemisscurious.deviantart.com/
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

GC Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: GC Newsletter   GC Newsletter I_icon_minitime20th July 2011, 12:14 pm

Quote :
News and Updates we have done around the site
2 featured threads from the site with descriptions and fave quotes.
member of the month
Raisings we had this month and to what level
New active members (people who have posted at lease once)
And an Ask the Senshi section (silly answer will ensue)
Back to top Go down
LunaOsa
Lotus Crystal

LunaOsa

Lotus Crystal

GC Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: GC Newsletter   GC Newsletter I_icon_minitime30th September 2011, 8:45 pm

I love this idea! We should certainly have a newsletter. I'm sure alot of us would read it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/YoungAngel38?feature=mhee
Aquarii
Lotus Crystal

Aquarii

Lotus Crystal

Title : They call me Aqua, the Mercury fanatic.

GC Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: GC Newsletter   GC Newsletter I_icon_minitime30th September 2011, 8:48 pm

hmm.. wouldn't be bad, and also...^ ^ could be a great idea for me to put my special design skill to work...Razz
Back to top Go down
SeleneHime
Pyramidal Crystal

SeleneHime

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Previously: Sailor Pluto

GC Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: GC Newsletter   GC Newsletter I_icon_minitime1st October 2011, 8:28 am

I think this would be a fun thing to do. I like the ideas that are in the quote, too. Oh, I do have a few suggestions, though, just to give you more substance to work with on the newsletters:

Artist/Art-work of the Month
Story and/or OC of the Month

Once the writing boards get to be more active, it wouldn't be a bad idea. Those boards are hard enough to get, much less keep going. Positive exposure would keep it from falling into a rut. ^^
Back to top Go down
Neo Queen Serenity
Founder

Neo Queen Serenity

Founder

GC Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: GC Newsletter   GC Newsletter I_icon_minitime1st October 2011, 8:32 am

We are still working on this, this topic was posted a LONG time ago in the grand scheme of things here on GC. Hopefully we should see something soon now that we are getting things to the point were it's possible.
Back to top Go down
Roro
Lotus Crystal

Roro

Lotus Crystal

Title : GC's Michiru Kaioh

GC Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: GC Newsletter   GC Newsletter I_icon_minitime25th December 2011, 6:48 pm

GC Newsletter Zisod0

Here's a mock up of what the newsletter could look like.
(The real newsletter of course would be much more colorful and would contain graphics).
A cover to the newsletter is also possible.
The format of the newsletter would depend on how the newsletter would be distributed.
If it's via email perhaps a PDF file would most likely be the best option, if it's through this site or any of our other sites, then a JPG would be best.
Of course things can be added and subtracted from the newsletters as it matures.
I would think that at the pace of this forum that a monthly or a bi-monthly newsletter would be best.
I also think that it if it were published monthly or bi-monthly that it'd be published at the end of the month.
What do you guys think?

Last edited by Roro on 8th January 2012, 5:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aquarii
Lotus Crystal

Aquarii

Lotus Crystal

GC Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: GC Newsletter   GC Newsletter I_icon_minitime25th December 2011, 6:53 pm

Roro wrote:
GC Newsletter Zisod0

(The real newsletter of course would be much more colorful and would contain graphics).
The format of the newsletter would depend on how the newsletter would be distributed.
If it's via email perhaps a PDF file would most likely be the best option, if it's through this site or any of our other sites, then a JPG would be best.
Of course things can be added and subtracted from the newsletters as it matures.
I would think that at the pace of this forum that a monthly or a bi-monthly newsletter would be best.
I also think that it if it were published monthly or bi-monthly that it'd be published at the end of the month.
(I'm really hoping to have a newsletter this upcoming new year)
What do you guys think?

well it seems quite interesting Roro but (and i'm about to say what my one instructor said to me) maybe if we had at least 2 (possibly 3) fonts for this and also a distinct hierarchy??

I can see how the layout is different but it would be cool if we had a bit of what i said earlier, to make our newsletter very one of a kind. ^ ^

Back to top Go down
Roro
Lotus Crystal

Roro

Lotus Crystal

GC Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: GC Newsletter   GC Newsletter I_icon_minitime25th December 2011, 6:59 pm

Aquarii2011 wrote:
Roro wrote:
GC Newsletter Zisod0

What do you guys think?

well it seems quite interesting Roro but (and i'm about to say what my one instructor said to me) maybe if we had at least 2 (possibly 3) fonts for this and also a distinct hierarchy??

I can see how the layout is different but it would be cool if we had a bit of what i said earlier, to make our newsletter very one of a kind. ^ ^

Aqua, dear, this is a mockup.
God knows that it will look a whole lot better than what I've posted.
I think the hierarchy of the mockup is clear (News: Sailor Moon, The Galaxy Cauldron / Members / Credits).
Though I'm sure the hierarchy could be determined and finalized by Galaxia.
Back to top Go down
Aquarii
Lotus Crystal

Aquarii

Lotus Crystal

GC Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: GC Newsletter   GC Newsletter I_icon_minitime25th December 2011, 7:06 pm

Roro wrote:
Aquarii2011 wrote:
Roro wrote:
GC Newsletter Zisod0

What do you guys think?

Aqua, dear, this is a mockup.
God knows that it will look a whole lot better than what I've posted.
I think the hierarchy of the mockup is clear (News: Sailor Moon, The Galaxy Cauldron / Members / Credits).
Though I'm sure the hierarchy could be determined and finalized by Galaxia.

I'm. just. saying....
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

GC Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: GC Newsletter   GC Newsletter I_icon_minitime25th December 2011, 9:28 pm

Well considering that our admin that would have been in charge of this stepped down and Galaxia is going to be gone for some time, we may not be able to get anything in until maybe Feburary. But, this is a good mock newsletter, Roro. I'm unsure of what was in the process already, i would have to go back and read some things to let you all know.

Roro, I think you could be a good editor for the newsletter once we get some new admins in place. Perhaps wait and see until then and we can discuss it more. Smile
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

GC Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: GC Newsletter   GC Newsletter I_icon_minitime26th December 2011, 5:28 pm

Roro, how are you with gathering news about what is occurring in the Sailor Moon world? Merchandise, releases, etc?

But yes, as Small Lady said, any final decisions will not be made until Galaxia's return.
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Halfpixieman
Lotus Crystal

Halfpixieman

Lotus Crystal

Title : Sarah

GC Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: GC Newsletter   GC Newsletter I_icon_minitime26th December 2011, 5:40 pm

When it comes to worldwide news I think it'd be great if we had some people assisting with information they can find from their respective countries/continents and sending it to the newsletter editor.
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

GC Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: GC Newsletter   GC Newsletter I_icon_minitime26th December 2011, 5:43 pm

That is brilliant, dear. I love seeing how different countries have embraced Sailor Moon. Smile
Back to top Go down
Roro
Lotus Crystal

Roro

Lotus Crystal

GC Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: GC Newsletter   GC Newsletter I_icon_minitime26th December 2011, 5:49 pm

Sailor Jupiter wrote:
Roro, how are you with gathering news about what is occurring in the Sailor Moon world? Merchandise, releases, etc?

But yes, as Small Lady said, any final decisions will not be made until Galaxia's return.

Well there are great sources online that would help with gathering that kind of information. Of course, I'm not saying that I'm going to do all of this but I'd like to help in what I can. As Sarah mentioned it would helpful if our international members provided whoever is going to be in charge of this newsletter with that kind of information. I would also think that help from admin/members of this site would facilitate whoever is going to be in charge of the newsletter.
Back to top Go down
Thereisnospoon303
Lotus Crystal

Thereisnospoon303

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Star Spangled Man (with a plan)

GC Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: GC Newsletter   GC Newsletter I_icon_minitime26th December 2011, 5:51 pm

Halfpixieman wrote:
When it comes to worldwide news I think it'd be great if we had some people assisting with information they can find from their respective countries/continents and sending it to the newsletter editor.

In addition, any members with multiple language proficiencies would be helpful. For example, Sailor Moon World, an Italian website, tends to be a wonderful resource for international Sailor Moon news.
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

GC Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: GC Newsletter   GC Newsletter I_icon_minitime26th December 2011, 5:53 pm

Yes, we would ideally have an Admin in charge, which is why this will probably be delayed for a while, seeing that we no longer have a Media Director. But it would be nice to have ideas hashed out for when we do reach a time when we can move forward with this. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ella
Pyramidal Crystal

Ella

Pyramidal Crystal

GC Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: GC Newsletter   GC Newsletter I_icon_minitime30th January 2012, 2:59 pm

Bear in mind that the newsletter would not by any means have to look just like an actual newspaper, especially if we end up having a lot of content. For example, I don't know if anyone else is active in the Pokemon fandom, but one of the biggest sites for competitive Pokemon battles has its own magazine- http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue18/

There's a "first page" with a cover and a table of contents, and then the other articles and features get their own little pages. Might be a good format for later on if we end up having a lot of content per issue (so much that it gets difficult to organize in one .pdf)
Back to top Go down
http://ellapamyupamyu.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

GC Newsletter Empty
PostSubject: Re: GC Newsletter   GC Newsletter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GC Newsletter

View previous topic View next topic Back to top