The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Navigation

Navigation

Get Help!
Forum Index
Portal Page
Today's Topics
Watched Stuff
Calendar
Search Forum
Member Roster
Helpful Links
Forum Rules
Avi/Sig Rules
Chat Rules
Guide to RP
Forum Staff
Member Ranks
OSA-P Shop Info
Club Directory

Connect with GC
Tumblr Facebook Twitter Instagram Become a member today for link!
User Control Panel
Your profile
Information Preference Signature Avatar
Social
Friends and Foes Memberlist Groups
Private messages
Inbox PM sent

Share | 

Lost Episodes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sailorvixen
Pyramidal Crystal

sailorvixen

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Space Princess

Lost Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Lost Episodes   Lost Episodes I_icon_minitime18th July 2011, 8:33 am

What's your favourite episode that was not aired in the dub? (I'm referring to the american dub, as I grew up with it, I have no idea which episodes weren't aired in other countries, but you may add those aswell)

Lost Episodes Vlcsna26
Lost Episodes Vlcsna58
Lost Episodes Vlcsna59
Lost Episodes Vlcsna60
My favourite from Sailor Moon classic is "The Summer! The Ocean! Our Youth! And a Ghost, Too", mostly because it's different from any other episode I've seen, and for some reason I really like episodes that don't really pertain to the plot. Mind you, I've not seen the subbed classic entirely (i've seen nearly half), and I haven't seen any of the romance subbed episodes, all the other seasons I watched the sub though, so I don't have much to compare yet. This was the last episode I watched so it's stuck in my head. So it's not exactly my favourite, but whatever it still works Razz. But yes, I found this to be a very strange episode, and a little scary. I'm sure if I saw this as a child, I would have had nightmares for a week (in a good way). What's your favourite?

Btw, I apologize if this topic has already been mentioned but I was not able to find it all.. so hopefully it hasn't been :B
Back to top Go down
http://sailorvixen.tumblr.com
Sailor Cosmos
Founder Emeritus

Sailor Cosmos

Founder Emeritus

Title : Soldier of the Cosmos

Lost Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Episodes   Lost Episodes I_icon_minitime18th July 2011, 10:05 am

That's a very cute one! I liked it a lot.

I would have to say my favorite is episode 42, or the episode explaining Minako's past. It's sad, but gives a lot of insight into her character. Plus, we get to see Sailor V again!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Mileyangel321
Ella
Pyramidal Crystal

Ella

Pyramidal Crystal

Lost Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Episodes   Lost Episodes I_icon_minitime18th July 2011, 9:24 pm

I actually liked that they cut out certain episodes in the english dub xDDD A lot of them were just really bad even in the japanese. There were only two that I think should've been left in at all (this is out of the first season btw, I didn't see any of the other seasons dubbed). I thought they should've kept the second episode since it introduces Motoki/Andrew and then the next time he appears he just comes out of nowhere they don't give any explanation as to who this guy is xD But even then, the second episode itself is really bad. Lots of sexism and other unfortunate implications >__> So preferably, they would've still cut it out but actually gave Motoki a proper introduction. It's not like they were above totally mangling translation anyway, hahaha. I actually didn't like most of the episodes where it was just Usagi by herself and I was glad they cut most of them out because they were pure, shameless filler... that was one place where I thought it was right for the manga to rush through things xD The only one I can think of that I actually liked that got cut out was the one about the musician guy. It was a really cute episode and I think it was the first time Usagi used the transform into random disguises that aren't Sailor Moon pen?
Back to top Go down
http://ellapamyupamyu.tumblr.com
Rachael
Pyramidal Crystal

Rachael

Pyramidal Crystal

Lost Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Episodes   Lost Episodes I_icon_minitime18th July 2011, 9:33 pm

Mine would be the 6th episode. I thought it was really cute, and I loved Usagi's disguise and her insistence on Luna being an accessory. XD I also loved the idea of a 14-year-old giving a middle-aged man love advice, and thought Naru's crush on him was cute.

My favorite part, though, is when Sailor Moon figures out by herself how to defeat the youma. The idea she came up with was really cool.
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

Lost Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Episodes   Lost Episodes I_icon_minitime18th July 2011, 9:52 pm

Shocked How has no one mentioned the final two episodes of the Classic Arc that were cut and mangled to be just one episode? So much was lost with that one! I do believe I need to make caps to include with this post. XD

And Ella -- nearly all of the Sailor Moon anime was one giant filler. lol. Bad episode or not, they all should have been included in the dub.
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

Lost Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Episodes   Lost Episodes I_icon_minitime18th July 2011, 9:54 pm

There is one episode that for some reason, Toei would not give the rights to for the dub. Its in the R season. I believe its episode 67, where chibi usa runs away because she's being a brat and meets this weird dinosaur creature thing.

I watched it subbed and I think Toei is just embarrassed by how bad it is. XD The animation is horrid in that episode.
Back to top Go down
Rachael
Pyramidal Crystal

Rachael

Pyramidal Crystal

Lost Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Episodes   Lost Episodes I_icon_minitime18th July 2011, 10:32 pm

Oh my God! Brit-chan, I checked my DVDs and realized there is no episode 67 on them! I'm not only shocked, but horrified as well! This means I've only seen 199 episodes! And I can't find that episode in its entirety on YouTube or Veoh! What am I going to do? This bugs the hell out of me! AAAAAAGH!!

I'm not even joking!
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Lost Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Episodes   Lost Episodes I_icon_minitime18th July 2011, 10:37 pm

I have it on my hard drive...which is not plugged in at the moment because my *insert slew of curse words here* cat decided to chew through the modem plug (which so happens to be the same for my hard drive). I decided internet was > stuff on my drive. XD

But if i ever get it, I could live stream it or something.
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Lost Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Episodes   Lost Episodes I_icon_minitime18th July 2011, 10:57 pm

Rachael wrote:
Oh my God! Brit-chan, I checked my DVDs and realized there is no episode 67 on them! I'm not only shocked, but horrified as well! This means I've only seen 199 episodes! And I can't find that episode in its entirety on YouTube or Veoh! What am I going to do? This bugs the hell out of me! AAAAAAGH!!

I'm not even joking!

lol. It's a really stupid episode. It actually makes no sense as to why it was ever created. I do believe the writers were on crack when they came up with that one. It doesn't even make sense as a filler episode. It belongs in an anime like Bleach or something.

And I believe the creature that Chibi Usa befriends is a lochness monster. XD Maybe it was supposed to be an ode to the Godzilla movies or something. Razz
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Lost Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Episodes   Lost Episodes I_icon_minitime18th July 2011, 10:58 pm

^^^Agreed!! It was HORRIBLE. But it should be watched for LOLS. XD
Back to top Go down
Rachael
Pyramidal Crystal

Rachael

Pyramidal Crystal

Lost Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Episodes   Lost Episodes I_icon_minitime18th July 2011, 11:19 pm

Sailor Jupiter wrote:
lol. It's a really stupid episode. It actually makes no sense as to why it was ever created. I do believe the writers were on crack when they came up with that one. It doesn't even make sense as a filler episode. It belongs in an anime like Bleach or something.

And I believe the creature that Chibi Usa befriends is a lochness monster. XD Maybe it was supposed to be an ode to the Godzilla movies or something. Razz

What bothers me is the incompleteness of having seen only 199 episodes. I'd rather have just not seen Stars, and have the total number of episodes I've seen be 165. Just one less than the total 200 is too cruel to bear. I need to see that episode.
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Lost Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Episodes   Lost Episodes I_icon_minitime18th July 2011, 11:27 pm

Rachael wrote:
Sailor Jupiter wrote:

What bothers me is the incompleteness of having seen only 199 episodes. I'd rather have just not seen Stars, and have the total number of episodes I've seen be 165. Just one less than the total 200 is too cruel to bear. I need to see that episode.

You are so, so cute. I have it somewhere. I'm looking for it now and when I find it, I will upload it for you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rachael
Pyramidal Crystal

Rachael

Pyramidal Crystal

Lost Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Episodes   Lost Episodes I_icon_minitime18th July 2011, 11:46 pm

Sailor Jupiter wrote:
You are so, so cute. I have it somewhere. I'm looking for it now and when I find it, I will upload it for you. Smile

Actually, I just have OCD. But thank you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sailor Cosmos
Founder Emeritus

Sailor Cosmos

Founder Emeritus

Title : Soldier of the Cosmos

Lost Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Episodes   Lost Episodes I_icon_minitime19th July 2011, 12:19 pm

You can torrent it from Sailor Moon Center! But, you have to get the ENTIRE season to do so, but I remember watching it on Youtube. It may be taken down by now, but I'm positive it's somewhere on the Internet!

But yeah, like everybody said, WEIRD episode. The art was pretty ugly, and while I don't mind filler that much, this one was iffy. I think they just threw it in because EVERY season has an episode where the girls go to a beach/lake/pool.

Classic- 20
R- 67
S- 105
SuperS- 144
Stars- 183
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Mileyangel321
Aquarii
Lotus Crystal

Aquarii

Lotus Crystal

Title : They call me Aqua, the Mercury fanatic.

Lost Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Episodes   Lost Episodes I_icon_minitime19th July 2011, 4:17 pm

dang, the only lost episode i saw was 20.

I thought it was pretty hilarious when Usagi keeps freaking out.

Still, I should see 42.
Back to top Go down
Goddess Yami
Lotus Crystal

Goddess Yami

Lotus Crystal

Title : Dark Lord Spam Goddess Yami

Lost Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Episodes   Lost Episodes I_icon_minitime19th July 2011, 8:06 pm

Quote :
. I actually didn't like most of the episodes where it was just Usagi by
herself and I was glad they cut most of them out because they were
pure, shameless filler... that was one place where I thought it was
right for the manga to rush through things xD

I really enjoyed those episodes because it gave Usagi a chance to get used to being a solider well in least in my opinion. My favorite episode was when Usagi introduces her family to Luna. I loved those bunny like creatures....until they turn evil XD. I kind of wished that it was in the dub because it is somewhat important.

Quote :
I've only seen 199 episodes! And I can't find that episode in its
entirety on YouTube or Veoh! What am I going to do? This bugs the hell
out of me! AAAAAAGH!!
I know how you feel. When I watch anime, I have to see every episode even if it's a stupid recap episode. I'm weird like that XD
Back to top Go down
http://magicalgirlcafe.forumotion.com/
Rachael
Pyramidal Crystal

Rachael

Pyramidal Crystal

Lost Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Episodes   Lost Episodes I_icon_minitime19th July 2011, 8:20 pm

Yamichan16 wrote:
I know how you feel. When I watch anime, I have to see every episode even if it's a stupid recap episode. I'm weird like that XD

Oh, thank God I'm not alone.
Back to top Go down
Ella
Pyramidal Crystal

Ella

Pyramidal Crystal

Lost Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Episodes   Lost Episodes I_icon_minitime19th July 2011, 9:02 pm

Sailor Cosmos wrote:
You can torrent it from Sailor Moon Center! But, you have to get the ENTIRE season to do so, but I remember watching it on Youtube. It may be taken down by now, but I'm positive it's somewhere on the Internet!

But yeah, like everybody said, WEIRD episode. The art was pretty ugly, and while I don't mind filler that much, this one was iffy. I think they just threw it in because EVERY season has an episode where the girls go to a beach/lake/pool.

Classic- 20
R- 67
S- 105
SuperS- 144
Stars- 183

I don't know if it works on other torrent programs, but on utorrent before starting the torrent you have the option to pick and choose which files you want- so you could get the torrent for the whole season but only download the one episode.
Back to top Go down
http://ellapamyupamyu.tumblr.com
SwineFluSam
Lotus Crystal

SwineFluSam

Lotus Crystal

Title : Sammy

Lost Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Episodes   Lost Episodes I_icon_minitime21st July 2011, 1:23 pm

Rachael wrote:

I'm not even joking!

I think I can help you finding the episode (: I just recently re-watched the whole series on youtube, and I can link you to the channel (:

Ok, so I just went on their channel, and it seems part one of it has been taken down but if you look at the sidebar part one is there on another channel, but here's part two!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUc1RMzptMw

And, uh, sorry for coming from no where, I tend to come out from the shadows every once in a while :p
I hope I was able to help you! (:
Back to top Go down
http://dancingqueenonly7teen.tumblr.com
Rachael
Pyramidal Crystal

Rachael

Pyramidal Crystal

Lost Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Episodes   Lost Episodes I_icon_minitime21st July 2011, 7:22 pm

SwineFluSam wrote:
I think I can help you finding the episode (: I just recently re-watched the whole series on youtube, and I can link you to the channel (:

Ok, so I just went on their channel, and it seems part one of it has been taken down but if you look at the sidebar part one is there on another channel, but here's part two!

And, uh, sorry for coming from no where, I tend to come out from the shadows every once in a while :p

Thank you! THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU! It just so happened the first part of the episode was uploaded by a different user! There were about 3 minutes missing, but I managed to catch that in a video of the Latino Spanish version.

I thought it was a cute episode! Okay, the idea of the sailor soldiers using their attacks to save a child and a couple of dinosaurs form a volcano is kind of weird, but it was a lot of fun to watch.

And I feel so much better to know that I've now truly seen all 200 episodes of the Sailor Lost Episodes 4011577294 Moon anime. Again, thank you! <3
Back to top Go down
SwineFluSam
Lotus Crystal

SwineFluSam

Lotus Crystal

Title : Sammy

Lost Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Episodes   Lost Episodes I_icon_minitime22nd July 2011, 2:10 pm

Rachael wrote:
SwineFluSam wrote:

Thank you! THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU! It just so happened the first part of the episode was uploaded by a different user! There were about 3 minutes missing, but I managed to catch that in a video of the Latino Spanish version.

I thought it was a cute episode! Okay, the idea of the sailor soldiers using their attacks to save a child and a couple of dinosaurs form a volcano is kind of weird, but it was a lot of fun to watch.

And I feel so much better to know that I've now truly seen all 200 episodes of the Sailor Lost Episodes 4011577294 Moon anime. Again, thank you! <3

Your welcome! I'm glad to help a fellow Sailor Moon fan! I also thought it was strange for them to save dinosaurs, but it was different, and I have to admit, interesting to watch. And again, your welcome!! [:
Back to top Go down
http://dancingqueenonly7teen.tumblr.com
Rachael
Pyramidal Crystal

Rachael

Pyramidal Crystal

Lost Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Episodes   Lost Episodes I_icon_minitime23rd July 2011, 1:27 am

SwineFluSam wrote:
Your welcome! I'm glad to help a fellow Sailor Moon fan! I also thought it was strange for them to save dinosaurs, but it was different, and I have to admit, interesting to watch. And again, your welcome!! [:

I can see Mercury getting all creepy, like, "We have to set up a research lab here and study them! We could be on the verge of a scientific breakthrough! Chibiusa-chan, wouldn't you like to play with them some more? Wouldn't you? Yes, yes, now just take some fish, yes, that's a good girl, and lead them into this glass cage--I mean, house...No, no, it won't hurt, I'm just going to take a few tissue samples..."
Back to top Go down
Thereisnospoon303
Lotus Crystal

Thereisnospoon303

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Star Spangled Man (with a plan)

Lost Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Episodes   Lost Episodes I_icon_minitime23rd July 2011, 7:41 pm

Sailor Cosmos wrote:

Classic- 20
R- 67
S- 105
SuperS- 144
Stars- 183

I think you mean each season had an episode where the girls are in their bathing suits. Wink

Episode 67 is by far the most strained attempt at a fan service episode.

Rachael wrote:
I can see Mercury getting all creepy, like, "We
have to set up a research lab here and study them! We could be on the
verge of a scientific breakthrough! Chibiusa-chan, wouldn't you like to
play with them some more? Wouldn't you? Yes, yes, now just take some
fish, yes, that's a good girl, and lead them into this glass cage--I
mean, house...No, no, it won't hurt, I'm just going to take a few tissue
samples..."

Ami: "You bred raptors?"
Back to top Go down
NauticalNeptune
Pyramidal Crystal

NauticalNeptune

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Goddess of the Sea

Lost Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Episodes   Lost Episodes I_icon_minitime5th August 2011, 9:24 pm

AHH--K so I did not know this -.- Um, 'cause I have the complete set (I thought was complete anyway)...So there is not really 200 episodes even though it says on the boxes?...And I was sure I had seen them all...Which episodes would they not have included in the sets? (my S and SuperS has bilingual languages but first two do not, so did they not have some of those then?)...Help please? Lol.
Back to top Go down
http://ednakrabappel.tumblr.com/
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Lost Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Episodes   Lost Episodes I_icon_minitime5th August 2011, 9:47 pm

Is your first two the ADV uncut boxset releases? Cause if they are, the only episode that is mising is 67 from R, due to toei not wanting to license it. I think out of embarrassment because there really isn't any other reason not to. lol
Back to top Go down
Rachael
Pyramidal Crystal

Rachael

Pyramidal Crystal

Lost Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Episodes   Lost Episodes I_icon_minitime6th August 2011, 12:40 am

Thereisnospoon303 wrote:
Ami: "You bred raptors?"

Is this a Jurassic Park joke or something?
Back to top Go down
NauticalNeptune
Pyramidal Crystal

NauticalNeptune

Pyramidal Crystal

Lost Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Episodes   Lost Episodes I_icon_minitime7th August 2011, 11:00 am

Brit-chan wrote:
Is your first two the ADV uncut boxset releases? Cause if they are, the only episode that is mising is 67 from R, due to toei not wanting to license it. I think out of embarrassment because there really isn't any other reason not to. lol

well...i got mine from sailormoondvds.com and the person had made a "unoffcial guidebook" thing and it said on the back something about 7 that were not aired" so I guess there is 7 missing. Kinda ticks me off, but then again, I got them all for $100 so I guess I didn't deserve to get them all? lol. Hopefully I can find them somewhere, once I figure out which ones they are so I can see them!
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Lost Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Episodes   Lost Episodes I_icon_minitime7th August 2011, 2:55 pm

Aaah you got bootlegs. You can get bootlegs of the ADV releases if you really want to and it won't have the missing episodes, except for 67 of course. I have an official boxset nad I got the R boxset bootleg (unknowingly at the time but oh well). I'm torn about supporting bootlegs, because at least when i download things, i'm not giving my money to someone that isn't going to support the original creator.

But thats discussion for a whole nother thread. lol
Back to top Go down
NauticalNeptune
Pyramidal Crystal

NauticalNeptune

Pyramidal Crystal

Lost Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Episodes   Lost Episodes I_icon_minitime7th August 2011, 6:11 pm

Well I did not know they were bootlegs when I got them but should have assumed so. i was kinda dumb, but was completely satisfied with them so...Lol but anyway. I'll get them somehow, even if I end up spending money on the offical sets.. I prolly deserve it after buying the bootlegs. lol
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Lost Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Episodes   Lost Episodes I_icon_minitime8th August 2011, 9:01 am

NauticalNeptune wrote:
Well I did not know they were bootlegs when I got them but should have assumed so. i was kinda dumb, but was completely satisfied with them so...Lol but anyway. I'll get them somehow, even if I end up spending money on the offical sets.. I prolly deserve it after buying the bootlegs. lol

Oh goodness, don't even try to get the official sets unless they end up rereleasing the series soon (which is looking more and more like a possibility in the next few years or so...). They are ridiculously expensive for the ADV sets. I've seen them go as high as like $400 on Amazon. Yikes. And I didn't know I was buying bootleg when I got my R boxset, so its ok.

If anything, I'd say just download them, then support official releases when they come out in the US.

Though thinking about it, it seems weird that they didn't have the missing episodes. Were the first two seasons only in english?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lost Episodes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lost Episodes   Lost Episodes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lost Episodes

View previous topic View next topic Back to top