The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

One of my older Otakus - Sailor Ether

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : GC's Official Loof Merrow

One of my older Otakus - Sailor Ether Empty
PostSubject: One of my older Otakus - Sailor Ether   One of my older Otakus - Sailor Ether I_icon_minitime25th August 2012, 9:56 pm

OK, so seeing everyone's ideas has given me a push to share one of my older ones that I still hope to go back to and flesh out. I even started a little fanfiction which I posted up on here about a year ago. So I welcome any thoughts and suggestions. ^^

The Origin of my idea

So where did I get the ideas to create Sailor Ether? Well from many different sources but one in particular. I am fascinated by quantum physics, the nature of reality, and the paranormal. And I have been reading about this thing called the Zero Point ENergy of Zero Point field which is where I got some inspiration for the source of her powers. First, some background. Some definitions of Ether are:

1. The regions of space beyond the earth's atmosphere; the heavens.
2. The element believed in ancient and medieval civilizations to fill all space above the sphere of the moon and to compose the stars and planets.
3. Physics An all-pervading, infinitely elastic, massless medium formerly postulated as the medium of propagation of electromagnetic waves.
4. In laymens terms, pretty much the substance that encompasses tha areas of "nothing" in and around everything.

I found the following passages in a book called "Quantum Healing: Exploring the Frontiers of Mind/Body Healing" by Deepak Chopra. I found them very inspiring in coming up with Sailor Ether and her abilities. Here are excerpts from the book. ((Read at your own risk, feel free to skip if it gets too dorky. Razz))

Spoiler:

She isn't a planetary senshi, more of an outer edge of the galazy guardian. I actually have three of them that I created as a team, Sailor Solar WInds, Sailor Galactic Harmonics, and Sailor Ether. Once in a past life she became corrupted by evil forces of Chaos and became Sailor Black Hole, only managing to free herself with her most powerful attack ending her own life as well. This is part of her backstory.

Real Name - Hoshi Nakamura

Family - Mother is deceased, she is raised by her father who is a computer programmer.

Likes: Music, computers, rollerblading, physics, and astronomy, roast beef sandwiches, ice-cream (in moderation)

Dislikes: school gym classes, tuna fish, mushy romance when really overdone, soap operas

Favorite music: Techno, rock, and blues

Favorite quote: Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious. - Brendan Gill

Appearance:
One of my older Otakus - Sailor Ether Anime_girl236-1

Guardian: Sailor Ether has a guardian named Athena who appears as a young ghost child of about 5 years of age.
One of my older Otakus - Sailor Ether Athena-1
(Imagine her semi-transparent in the picture.)

Senshi Name: Sailor Ether
(I'm not really crazy about this image any more but it will give you an idea til I make a new one. ^-^
One of my older Otakus - Sailor Ether Sailor-Ether-1

Henshin phrase: Ethereal Power Make Up!

Special Abilities - Sailor Ether can travel out of her body to do remote viewing. She can also see spirits, even when not transformed.

Attacks:
Ether Gravity Wave: sends an invisible wave of gravity particles both attracting and repelling in turn to tear apart or throw back an enemy or something coming at me

Ethereal Double Vision: I can leave my body and appear to be in two places at once and both my ethereal self and my body can attack at the same time.

Quantum Dis-entanglement: This is a very dangerous attack and very taxing if survived. The last Sailor Ether used it in a last ditch attempt to hold back the forces of Chaos, and it killed her too. It basically breaks all the bonds between atoms, and even the parts of atoms up so that everything just falls apart within a certain radius.

And if anyone wants to read her awakening story, it is here:

http://www.thegalaxycauldronforums.com/t404-my-first-fanfic
Back to top Go down
http://www.lioddities.com
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: One of my older Otakus - Sailor Ether   One of my older Otakus - Sailor Ether I_icon_minitime25th August 2012, 11:17 pm

So, I did an updated senshi outfit for her. ^^

One of my older Otakus - Sailor Ether SailorEther-1
Back to top Go down
Joshua916
Pyramidal Crystal

Joshua916

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: One of my older Otakus - Sailor Ether   One of my older Otakus - Sailor Ether I_icon_minitime27th August 2012, 8:30 am

The idea looks pretty amazing, and the fact that you mixed Quantum Physics (something you like) with an anime/manga that you like is great as well. Very Happy You seemed to have also put a lot of effort into making this character along with the other 2. Would you by chance be posting them up here as well?
Back to top Go down
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: One of my older Otakus - Sailor Ether   One of my older Otakus - Sailor Ether I_icon_minitime28th August 2012, 6:08 pm

Thanks Joshua! ^^

I'm very glad to get some feedback.

Well, I haven't really completely fleshed out the other two yet though I did a few tentative fukus and a little backstory for them. So I may finish them up and post them if you're interested. ^^
Back to top Go down
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: One of my older Otakus - Sailor Ether   One of my older Otakus - Sailor Ether I_icon_minitime28th August 2012, 7:45 pm

OK, so here is what I have so far on Sailor Galactic Harmonics. Very Happy

The idea for this one is based on the "MUsic of the Spheres" concept, where everything in the universe is a part of one larger master song. It is the idea that music was the ordering principle of the world.

It was even touched on in Tolkien's Silmarillion once! ^-^

It was originally conceived and defined by Pythagoras. It is "A perfectly harmonious music, inaudible on the earth, thought by Pythagoras and later classical and medieval philosophers to be produced by the movement of celestial bodies."

More geeky stuff below in the spoiler. ;D But this idea is what I based her senshi powers on.

Spoiler:

Name: Miyuki (Means Deep Snow Silence)

Age 16

Family - Mother, Father, and older brother. Her mother is an interior designer and her father is in accounting. Her older brother is in high school.

Likes: Music, well LOVES Music is more like it, especially flute music, classical pieces, and the violin, the ocean, night time, cotton candy, milkshakes, nature, painting, calm quite places, math class

Dislikes: gym class, loud places, whe people won't leave her alone, science class

Music that seems to represent her:

One of my older Otakus - Sailor Ether GalacticHarmonics4
One of my older Otakus - Sailor Ether GalacticHarmonics5
One of my older Otakus - Sailor Ether GalacticHarmonics7
One of my older Otakus - Sailor Ether GalacticHarmonics6

Appearance: The most striking thing about her is the violet hue of her eyes. She has brown hair that runs down past hre shoulders in wavy ringlets. She dresses in soft flowing, very feminine clothes usually and tends to wear a lot of warm colors and pinks.

History: When Miyuki was little, her parents hardly knew what to do with her. She almost never spoke, which concerned them and mystified their doctor who could find nothing wrong. She made hardly any noise at all, floating around the house like a silent little ghost. One day they took her with them to visit a musician friend of theirs for a weekend and within an hour of their arrival they heard flute music coming from one of the rooms, only to find little Liyuki had found the instrument and was actually playing it.

Thus began her musical education which seemed to bring her out of her shell, easing her parent's concerns. Though she remained quiet and soft spoken even in school her grades were good and music was an outlet for her when she felt overwhelmed. She is currently in her third year of high school and the music editor for the school AV club.

She has only recently awoken to her senshi powers during an attack on the school, but surprisingly out of the three senshi, Miyuki is remembering things more quickly than the other two, especially about their past.

Special Talents: Miyuki already plays several musical instriments and she can pick up new instruments very quickly, teaching herself to play them through trial and error. She also excels at mathematics above all ehr other subjexts.

Senshi Name: Sailor Galactic Harmonics

Special Abilities: She has healing abilities, even on a minor scale when not transformed. Though she can heal, she can do nothing once someone is dead their part in the great song is over and cannot be restarted.

Appearance:
One of my older Otakus - Sailor Ether GalacticHarmonics

Henshin Phrase: Galactic Harmonics Power Make Up!

Attacks:

Harmonic Wave: Sends a powerful sonic concussive wave flying from her hands

Song of Silence: creates a void space inside a sphere where nothing can enter - usually used as a defenxive measure though it could be used to restrain an enemy

Sing of Salvation: A semi'transparent stream of piano keys appears to wind around her and as she plays a haunting melody on it light shoots out toward her target. This can be used for healing or cleansing.
Back to top Go down
Joshua916
Pyramidal Crystal

Joshua916

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: One of my older Otakus - Sailor Ether   One of my older Otakus - Sailor Ether I_icon_minitime28th August 2012, 7:51 pm

Another brilliant idea that you have out of the three Senshi you had mentioned. The fact you are using music and harmony to make a Sailor differs from what the original concept for making one is, but this is an individualistic characteristic that you, as the maker of the Otaku can do. ^^ Its nice to see that people think outside of the box and don't always end up making Senshi off a star or planet that we know of.
Back to top Go down
PoetofMercury
Pyramidal Crystal

PoetofMercury

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: One of my older Otakus - Sailor Ether   One of my older Otakus - Sailor Ether I_icon_minitime28th August 2012, 8:03 pm

Thanks again. Oh you're so encouraging! Very Happy I was a bit too shy to post up these ideas previously. ^^

The thought occurred to me that if stars and planets could have guardians, then galaxies can have guardians too. Galaxia didn't have a specific planet or star assigned to her from what I know so I thought it should be possible and not perhaps completely out there. ^^ Though I could always be wrong. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Joshua916
Pyramidal Crystal

Joshua916

Pyramidal Crystal

PostSubject: Re: One of my older Otakus - Sailor Ether   One of my older Otakus - Sailor Ether I_icon_minitime28th August 2012, 8:10 pm

Having different ideas and concepts is what being a fan is all about. Those that think outside of the box are the ones that ultimately have more creative flow running through them then others. Top booksellers, artists in music, photographers, etc. all get this way by "thinking out of the box" and trying different things. I'd keep up with the work and maybe make a fan fiction some day. I can't speak for the other GC members, but I'd read it Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One of my older Otakus - Sailor Ether   One of my older Otakus - Sailor Ether I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One of my older Otakus - Sailor Ether

View previous topic View next topic Back to top