The Galaxy Cauldron
These Forums are an ARCHIVE! Please check out our Discord as we are active on there! ♥️

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share | 

Favorite Music

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Senior Member  Small Lady Emeritus

Title : Queen of the Cat Kingdom

Favorite Music Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Music   Favorite Music I_icon_minitime6th July 2011, 6:56 pm

This is for talking about your favorite songs from any and all versions of Sailor Moon. They can be vocal songs or instrumental bgms. I'm currently obsessed with listening to Sailor Moon music so I wanted to share that with you guys!

Here is a small list of some of my favorite songs:

"Moonlight Densetsu" Dali and Moon Lips versions

"Suki to Itte" sung by ISHIDA Yoko from SMR

I am Sailor Moon - Mitsuishi Kotono version and Peach Hips version

Route Venus - Fukami Rica

Starlight Ni Kiss Shite - Shinohara Emi

I'll post more later. ^_^
Back to top Go down
enogitna
Star Seed

enogitna

Star Seed

Title : Antigone

Favorite Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Music   Favorite Music I_icon_minitime6th July 2011, 7:00 pm

Hands. Down.

Wink
Back to top Go down
http://enogitna.tumblr.com/
Sailor Night
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Night

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Nighty

Favorite Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Music   Favorite Music I_icon_minitime7th July 2011, 6:37 am

Moonlight Densetsu is the best opening ever. This song is very special to me - brings back memory and thoughts of loved ones. That's Sailor Moon for you !

I hope SeraMyu is okay in this thread ? Because my favourite song is Innocent Demand Favorite Music 1322698128 , by Prince Demando (Ono Hikari) :

And to come back to the anime, the background music I love the most in the whole show. It's so tragic and beautiful in the same time. I have chills everytime I listen to it :

Last edited by Sailor Night on 7th July 2011, 6:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://ignis-divine.org
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Favorite Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Music   Favorite Music I_icon_minitime7th July 2011, 6:38 am

Yes! I said all mediums of SM! So Sera Myu and PGSM are fine. I would say manga too but i don't think there was any music with it. XD
Back to top Go down
thewhitemoonfamily
Lotus Crystal

thewhitemoonfamily

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lady Claudia of Crystal Tokyo

Favorite Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Music   Favorite Music I_icon_minitime7th July 2011, 8:38 am

I HAVE AN INTENSE LOVE FOR STARLIGHT NI KISU SHITE AND RASHIKU IKIMASHO. Smile they are just such upbeat songs and they just make me wanna dance! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://thewhitemoonfamily.tumblr.com http://thewhitemoonfamily.tumblr.com http://claujowrites.deviantart.com https://www.youtube.com/user/monkeejr?feature=mhee
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Favorite Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Music   Favorite Music I_icon_minitime7th July 2011, 8:48 am

Sailor Night wrote:
And to come back to the anime, the background music I love the most in the whole show. It's so tragic and beautiful in the same time. I have chills everytime I listen to it :

Oh! If you have gotten the Memorial Music Box collection off of SailorMusic.net (or are so awesome you actually OWN it), that song is called "Yuugure Toki wa Youma no Yokan (Evening Sense of Ghosts) - Part 4" and is on the Disc 1 of the Music Box collection.

Another favorite BGM of mine is "Suishou no Mori (Crystal Forest)" from the SuperS season. It is on Disc 5 of the Memorial Music Box set. The video has it labelled wrong, but I'm just posting it so you can listen to its beauty. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sailor Cosmos
Founder Emeritus

Sailor Cosmos

Founder Emeritus

Title : Soldier of the Cosmos

Favorite Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Music   Favorite Music I_icon_minitime7th July 2011, 9:12 am

Haha, well the ones I love are pretty well-known, so I'm just going to list them. BTW, I have been OBSESSED with SM music for a while!

Moonlight Densetsu
Sailor Star Song
Moon Revenge
La Soldier
Ai wo Shinjiteru
Princess Moon
Maboroshi no Ginzuishou
Sailor Neptune, Uranus, and Pluto Make Up

Those are just my all-time faves. I have so many more!

Last edited by Sailor Cosmos on 7th July 2011, 10:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Mileyangel321
thewhitemoonfamily
Lotus Crystal

thewhitemoonfamily

Lotus Crystal

Title : Lady Claudia of Crystal Tokyo

Favorite Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Music   Favorite Music I_icon_minitime7th July 2011, 9:18 am

Sailor Cosmos wrote:
Haha, well the ones I love are pretty well-known, so I'm just going to list them. BTW, I have been OBSESSED with SM music for a while!

Moonlight Densetsu
Sailor Star Song
Moon Revenge
La Soldier

Same here, Sista! My secret dream is for there to be an orchestra concert featuring all the music! But it shall never happen..... Sad
Back to top Go down
http://thewhitemoonfamily.tumblr.com http://thewhitemoonfamily.tumblr.com http://claujowrites.deviantart.com https://www.youtube.com/user/monkeejr?feature=mhee
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Favorite Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Music   Favorite Music I_icon_minitime7th July 2011, 9:29 am

Sailor Cosmos wrote:

Moonlight Densetsu
Sailor Star Song
Moon Revenge
La Soldier

I haven't even gotten to the last three! Moon Revenge is probably one of my all time fav SM songs. XD
Back to top Go down
Sailor Night
Pyramidal Crystal

Sailor Night

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Nighty

Favorite Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Music   Favorite Music I_icon_minitime7th July 2011, 9:42 am

Brit-chan wrote:
Oh! If you have gotten the Memorial Music Box collection off of SailorMusic.net (or are so awesome you actually OWN it), that song is called "Yuugure Toki wa Youma no Yokan (Evening Sense of Ghosts) - Part 4" and is on the Disc 1 of the Music Box collection.

Yes, I have it !
These BGM are the best.

I fail at a Princess Serenity fan, I forgot to add the locket melody :

And the haunting Maboroshi no Ginzuishou :

I love this song to death.
Back to top Go down
http://ignis-divine.org
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Favorite Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Music   Favorite Music I_icon_minitime7th July 2011, 9:47 am

And just to shake things up a bit...here's one of my fav Dub songs..XD

Carry On
Back to top Go down
Thereisnospoon303
Lotus Crystal

Thereisnospoon303

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Star Spangled Man (with a plan)

Favorite Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Music   Favorite Music I_icon_minitime7th July 2011, 10:13 am

While I don't have links to the songs, I'm sure most of you will be able to find them with ease. Most of the list is occupied by instrumental music used for the background:

Moonlight Densetsu
Sailor Star Song
La Soldier
Golden Queen Galaxia
Bicycle Till Tomorrow
Moon Revenge
Ai no Senshi
Sailor Uranus & Neptune
Moon Cosmic Power Make Up
Dead Moon
Lemures
Nehellenia Resurrection
For the Sake of the Princess...
Sailor Star Song ~March Version~

That's a longer list than I had expected! I'm sure there are plenty more I could choose.
Back to top Go down
Reiko
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Title : Daughter of Apollo

Favorite Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Music   Favorite Music I_icon_minitime7th July 2011, 9:20 pm

I'm a big fan of the English dub music. I know it was created electronically but I don't think it's subpar at all. The Japanese soundtrack had some great tunes (the outer senshi transformations and attacks as well as conceiving the original Moonlight Densetsu melody) but a lot of the filler tracks were boring and flat. I liked how almost every track from the English dub soundtrack was an adaptation of the densetsu melody--that's how most movie scores are created. You take one melody and change its context by using special articulations, tempos, and key signatures.

I also recently watched PGSM and Kirari Sailor Dream is such a catchy song. I still haven't memorized the lyrics but I smile like a giddy idiot every time Sae sings "Make uppuh shiyo yo. Kirameki wa mune ni." "C'est La Vie" was annoying at first because it was featured in almost all of the first 10 eps but it grows on you. I also like the song Keiko Kitagawa sang as Reiko Mars, "Sakura" something.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AtTwelve34
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Favorite Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Music   Favorite Music I_icon_minitime7th July 2011, 10:31 pm

I wish they had released more of the Sailor Moon NA BGM on cd or something. They only released very few unfortunately. Sad
Back to top Go down
Reiko
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Favorite Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Music   Favorite Music I_icon_minitime8th July 2011, 4:14 pm

Brit-chan wrote:
I wish they had released more of the Sailor Moon NA BGM on cd or something. They only released very few unfortunately. Sad

I know... I adore the Sailor Jupiter transformation song and Receiving Waves. Also, I love the song played in the intro when the narrator talks of the Moon Kingdom. It songs like the guitar solo from the Densetsu but it's slowed down and played with synth strings. Gahhhh so gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
Ella
Pyramidal Crystal

Ella

Pyramidal Crystal

Favorite Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Music   Favorite Music I_icon_minitime8th July 2011, 7:03 pm

Sailor Night wrote:
I hope SeraMyu is okay in this thread ? Because my favourite song is Innocent Demand Favorite Music 1322698128 , by Prince Demando (Ono Hikari) :

ASASDFDSFS THIS.

I'm just going to spam some of my favorite songs in youtube links Razz

From Sera Myu-
Triple Dreams- For those who haven't seen the musicals/don't get it, Saturn worked for the Dead Moon Circus in the Myu, while she wasn't featured at all in the previous S musical (which debuted Pluto instead). I don't get it either. But six years later they did do a new S-themed musical that followed the plot quite a bit more accurately.

Onna Kaizoku no Sakusen- same actress who plays Dimande in the above video, Hikari Ono. She is a fantastic woman. This song is about space pirates.

And Believe In All- Just showing off my favorite Tuxedo from the Myu~ mostly because he looked the most like Mamoru in my mind, and he had perfect chemistry with the Usagi at that time. The song is fun because the lyrics are like a two minute version of one of Tuxedo Mask's anime speeches xD

See Me, Bokutachi no Jidai- Three Lights c: Most people seem to prefer Chasin' After You (and for good reason) but I like See Me because it's really cute and shows off the softer side of the Three Lights that probably gets them all those fangirls <3 There's also a squealing fangirls version and a Uranus version <3

Ginga no Sanctuary- From the last musical of the late great Miyuki Kanbe, third actress to play Sailor Moon in the musicals. This song makes me cry every time ; -; They also performed it at the last Sera Myu performance ever- link here.

Yakusoku no Uta- Also from the last ever Sera Myu performance; Marina Kuroki's graduation solo.

THERE'S A LOT MORE BUT I ALREADY FEEL LIKE THIS IS TOO MUCH ;__; I'll probably post more Myu another time or something.

From the anime-

Sailor Star Song has grown on me a lot lately. It just fits the arc so perfectly.

Heart Moving- I love this ending. The lyrics are beautiful and the credits sequence that goes with it is beautiful even though it's simple. I don't know why it doesn't get more love :c

Tuxedo Mirage- I go back and forth on whether this or Heart Moving is my favorite ending. It's a beautiful song, and it's about our favorite man in a Tuxedo <3 I love that it's actually sung by Usagi and the Inners.

From PGSM-
Friend is easily the best song from PGSM. It's sung by all five Senshi and it's about friendship and adafdaf it just fits the end so perfectly. Though PGSM in general had really good music.
Back to top Go down
http://ellapamyupamyu.tumblr.com
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Senior Member  Jupiter Emeritus

Title : Rebecca Freckleton

Favorite Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Music   Favorite Music I_icon_minitime12th July 2011, 2:24 pm

I love this thread! Very Happy

"Moonlight Densetsu" Dali and Moon Lips versions
Yes, yes, and absolutely. ^^ I am 25 years old but yet every time that first measure rides in, I find myself becoming giddy with glee. I do not know why. It just is so wonderful. I think it really epitomizes the heart of the show -- the excitement of the beat, the honesty of the lyrics -- it is just so beautiful. Smile

What I also find wonderful about this song is the range of emotions that it can convey. When I hear it playing at the start of the show, it makes me so excited. Yet when it played at the end of the last episode of the stars, when the credits rolled and we were shown our last glimpses of Usagi and her friends through a series of photographs, it made me feel so nostalgic. It was almost too devastating to hear the song.

I think it is also a gorgeous instrumental as well. Fukkatsu no Serenade (Resurrection Serenade) from the Sailor Moon R Movie Collection.

Oh gosh, and the Sad Violin song will always be the most heartbreaking piece to hear. I must admit, they did a beautiful job with this piece. You can feel so much sadness in this song.

A few of the bgsm songs are my favorite as well.

Senshi no Kioku (Soldier′s Memories) -- this one is similar to the Locket piece, however there is this slow and steady underlying feeling of hope and strength rather than a lullaby tune. The second half has a more upbeat piece, which it just annoying. I hate when they combine bgsms into the same track.

Sabishisa wo Koete (Bridging the Loneliness) -- hands down my favorite piece.

There are actually two of my favorite bgsms in this one. The first is a sad sounding piece that slowly crescendos into a very dramatic and desperate climax. This one is played during the R season when Sailor Moon falls asleep and Luna begs Mamoru to come save her. Gyah.
The second one is this adorable little melody which I always associate to the scene when Chibi Usa sneaks over to Mamoru's apartment and sees him and Usagi kissing in his bedroom. I think it is so endearing and adorable. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://isshou-ni.net
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Favorite Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Music   Favorite Music I_icon_minitime12th July 2011, 2:41 pm

Oh, and now I must also take a moment to mention the DUB ost. Now, I know that I am always ragging on how much I hate the DUB compared to the Sub but I must make a confession: I think the DUB had some soundtracks that were tremendously better than the sub. >_<

More specifically, I think the transformation and attack pieces for the SUB were just ... really bad. The singing of "sera-muuuun" during Sailor Moon's transformation was so cheesy to me and I loathed it. I actually have to ff her scenes because they irk me so much. Something about Sailor Moon's english transformation song that I just think to be so much prettier and ... I don't know, inspiring! Razz I love the way it grows steadier and stronger with the different layers of music.

And for the love of god, how could you compare the Dubbed Inner Senshi's Transformation and Attack music to the subbed? The Inner Senshi had hands down the most exciting piece of music -- next to the Outer Senshi, I feel. It sounds so strong and bold! When it is being played during an attack sequence, it is just riveting and intense.

The japanese one in comparison is all fun and bouncy and not at all intimidating. Fail.

And while we are on the topic, the Outer Senshi had ridiculously wonderful henshin music. ^^ Powerful and elegant. Also included is their intro theme and attack pieces -- all which are just fantastic. This is a pretty wonderful track in general. The last one is just incredible.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Favorite Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Music   Favorite Music I_icon_minitime12th July 2011, 3:32 pm

I dunno why everyone seems to dislike the SUB transformation musics. I love the DUB music, but I dunno what it is about the JAP music but I love it! It gives me chills when I listen to it. Even with its fun bouncy ness. I actually kinda like the vocals... >.>
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Favorite Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Music   Favorite Music I_icon_minitime13th July 2011, 11:20 pm

Brit-chan wrote:
I dunno why everyone seems to dislike the SUB transformation musics. I love the DUB music, but I dunno what it is about the JAP music but I love it! It gives me chills when I listen to it. Even with its fun bouncy ness. I actually kinda like the vocals... >.>

They had beautiful vocal songs but sometimes I felt that with the bgsm's, they lightened the drama of certain scenes. A really epic moment would be occurring, like the senshi powering up for an intense fight, and the music would just float and loop carelessly as the scene occurred. :\ That is kind of how I felt with the henshin songs.
Back to top Go down
Reiko
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Favorite Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Music   Favorite Music I_icon_minitime16th July 2011, 1:32 am

Jupiter, I agree 100% about the dub music. The original Japanese music may work well with Japanese audiences but compared to other soundtracks it sounds almost gaudy. I adore the transformation songs from the first two arcs. Its funny how music technology develops. Quality-wise, the Japanese music sounds like a cheap demo by today's standards but the songs from the English dub still sound amazing. There's just a piercing (while somehow simultaneously heartwarming) clarity about them.
Back to top Go down
KittyCMoon
Pyramidal Crystal

KittyCMoon

Pyramidal Crystal

Title : Kitty-Chan

Favorite Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Music   Favorite Music I_icon_minitime23rd July 2011, 3:52 pm

Eternal Sailor Moon Theme Song I like the Jazzy beat.

Moon Cosmic Power

Moonlight Densetsu

Sailor Star Song

Sailor Moon Ending Heart Moving
Back to top Go down
http://kittycmoon.tumblr.com/
Reiko
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Favorite Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Music   Favorite Music I_icon_minitime29th July 2011, 2:39 am

I started watching the sub for the first time in forever and I realized to a higher degree how much I prefer the dub music over the original. As Jupiter said earlier, and I agree for the second time, "fail."

English Dub:

Japanese:

The Japanese version seems like such a joke. If I could fall over anime style, I would every time I hear this melody. The English melody actually evokes the feel of purging evil while the Japanese version sounds like a compulsory built-in ringtone.

I suppose since the US didn't have to invest money in producing the show a large part of the budget went to the music.
Back to top Go down
Thereisnospoon303
Lotus Crystal

Thereisnospoon303

Lotus Crystal

Title : The Star Spangled Man (with a plan)

Favorite Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Music   Favorite Music I_icon_minitime29th July 2011, 9:31 am

Reiko wrote:
I suppose since the US didn't have to invest money in producing the show a large part of the budget went to the music.

Favorite Music Near

Only Nate River can convey my disappointment.

Let's not confuse a larger budget with different style. The DiC music on the whole is a synthesized affair, and I'm still far too amazed (or disgusted?) by Sailor Moon sounding like she's yelling aloud in an empty hallway and the sound effects of the MotD being vanquished invoking the images of someone exiting the Matrix through a telephone. So I suppose I would say on the whole I'm greatly disappointed with the sound.

In admission, the Moon Healing Escalation in the Japanese had a weak musical "overture." I don't know if I would then qualify the DiC music as being superior based on its own merits, though.

I just recall a lot of the drama being lost when the synth music hit during a particularly poignant scene. Nevertheless, your mileage may vary.
Back to top Go down
Reiko
Lotus Crystal

Lotus Crystal

Favorite Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Music   Favorite Music I_icon_minitime29th July 2011, 10:04 am

Thereisnospoon303 wrote:
Let's not confuse a larger budget with different style. The DiC music on the whole is a synthesized affair, and I'm still far too amazed (or disgusted?) by Sailor Moon sounding like she's yelling aloud in an empty hallway and the sound effects of the MotD being vanquished invoking the images of someone exiting the Matrix through a telephone. So I suppose I would say on the whole I'm greatly disappointed with the sound.

In admission, the Moon Healing Escalation in the Japanese had a weak musical "overture." I don't know if I would then qualify the DiC music as being superior based on its own merits, though.

I just recall a lot of the drama being lost when the synth music hit during a particularly poignant scene. Nevertheless, your mileage may vary.

I haven't. The budget and musical compositions are interrelated here. I'm not suggesting the budget was mainly geared towards changing the music. Simply put, if the dubbing company had a smaller budget, a second original score probably wouldn't have been produced because it's not a necessity. Style was taken into consideration because the budget appropriated it.

Since you brought it up, I prefer the echoed voice of the English dub because it breaks up the monotony. It's a stylistic decision kind of like utilizing different color schemes and cinematography techniques only with audio.

And I don't mind the melody of the Japanese Moon Healing Escalation attack; I just think it sounds more fitting for a carousel ride than for a cosmic exorcism.
Back to top Go down
Brit-chan
Small Lady Emeritus

Brit-chan

Favorite Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Music   Favorite Music I_icon_minitime29th July 2011, 11:23 am

Hm, i dunno, the thing with the english dub music is that, if i remember correctly, that music for Moon Healing Escalation is the same music used for other attacks and such. I like that in the original each attack had its own music. But I could be wrong about the dub. I just remember her attack music all sounded similar.

The music from the Japanese sounds kind of like some weird harp playing so it reminds me of the regal status of the Crescent Wand. Its not my favorite music, but I wouldn't say based on that single example that the dub music is superior over the Japanese. I am more of a fan of the original Japanese music so I might just be biased. I also like orchestrated sounding music over synthesized music.

That also makes me wonder what the DIC dub would have done with the music from the S and SuperS music. The outers theme would have been synthesized and not the awesome music that we know and love. I doubt they would have kept the music of the Crystal Forest either...
Back to top Go down
Momma Jupi
Jupiter Emeritus

Momma Jupi

Favorite Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Music   Favorite Music I_icon_minitime29th July 2011, 8:14 pm

Brit-chan wrote:
That also makes me wonder what the DIC dub would have done with the music from the S and SuperS music. The outers theme would have been synthesized and not the awesome music that we know and love. I doubt they would have kept the music of the Crystal Forest either...

I will agree with you there wholeheartedly. I do believe that regardless of what the DUB may have concocted, nothing would be able to compare to the original Outer Senshi henshin themes. They are just beyond gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
Bunnylove
Star Seed

Bunnylove

Star Seed

Favorite Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Music   Favorite Music I_icon_minitime1st August 2011, 11:16 am

One of my favorite is Maboroshi no Ginzuishou. I love it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sailormoontoyscollection.com
Povsuduvolosy
Star Seed

Povsuduvolosy

Star Seed

Favorite Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Music   Favorite Music I_icon_minitime2nd August 2011, 11:52 am

Love Monnlight Densetsu too, but mostly by DALI! Watashitachi ni narita kute and Moon Revenge are great too=) Route Venus is wonderful!
Back to top Go down
http://povsuduvolosy.wordpress.com
LunaOsa
Lotus Crystal

LunaOsa

Lotus Crystal

Favorite Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Music   Favorite Music I_icon_minitime30th September 2011, 10:39 pm

Mine would have to be Kyukyoku no Ai ("Ultimate Love"). Also, I could be the only one here but I liked the Japanese music alot better than the English dub.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/YoungAngel38?feature=mhee
Sponsored content

Favorite Music Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Music   Favorite Music I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Music

View previous topic View next topic Back to top